Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

Also, according to Joe Kelly (one of the four Man of Action guys who are the executive producers and wrote the storylines for several episodes), the show is not dead; production is still rolling along, and the new episodes will arrive in the U.S. at some point.

(though that tweet was a month ago)

And nothing has happened to the Fully Charged staff as a result of CN's stupid scheduling decisions, either.

The truth of the matter is that unlike with Sonic Boom, very few people will mourn its death. Yeah its not dead yet but with the abysmal tv ratings it has and that CN clearly wants to kill it, it's only a matter of time. The fact that most people including me accuse it of having identity issues, lack of focus and just bad writing in general doesn't help, since worrd of mouth could be helpful otherwise.

Here's a question I have, when exactly is this show gonna show an origin story for the protagonist? If Dr. Light didn't give him the ability to turn into Mega Man then who the hell did? Was it Suna?

Actually exploring the character instead of wasting the first 17 episodes with nothing of substance might have mitigated it. How are young kids supposed to get invested in the hero if they don't know anything about him that makes him relatable?

You now, since we're all mourning Stan Lee's death right now, here's a lesson in writing that these writers should take, since this is a superhero show:

For the first 17 eps this show used its characters as vehicles for immature jokes and unearned moral lectures, instead of actually writing them as people, missing completely what makes superheroes great.

If by some miracle the show gets a season 2, that's what the writers need to do. "Write people, not just guys punching each other", or in this show's case not just doofuses cracking bad puns.

Just saw the two new episodes, and that beacon of hope I got with Enter the Wood Man is already fading out.

More of the same: Puns, hamfisted morals, stiff fight scenes, and Suna being a smug know-it-all who can do no wrong. (I think I hate her more than Mini at this point) Aki tries to turn Rush into a hero and quickly gives up because Rush has the mentality of a dog. (Who'd a thunk?) Then Rush is suddenly capable of saving the day on his own. Namagem is boring, and we learn nothing new about him, other than his being able to hold more than three weapons. (And his buster can overheat, apparently) As a Proto Man expy, he doesn't deliver.

The only thing that really stuck with me is the introduction of yet another in-name-only classic Robot Master:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20181114060037

latest?cb=20100618214731

"Junk Man" is a remote-controlled impromptu training robot build by Aki and Suna to help Rush out. It has no character or abilities whatsoever. They could've just given it a new name and it'd make more sense.

To reiterate: I'd be much happier if this show had turned out to be a gem and proven me wrong, but I'm sorry- it's lifeless at best.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 2

9 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Just saw the two new episodes, and that beacon of hope I got with Enter the Wood Man is already fading out.

More of the same: Puns, hamfisted morals, stiff fight scenes, and Suna being a smug know-it-all who can do no wrong. (I think I hate her more than Mini at this point) Aki tries to turn Rush into a hero and quickly gives up because Rush has the mentality of a dog. (Who'd a thunk?) Then Rush is suddenly capable of saving the day on his own. Namagem is boring, and we learn nothing new about him, other than his being able to hold more than three weapons. (And his buster can overheat, apparently) As a Proto Man expy, he doesn't deliver.

To reiterate: I'd be much happier if this show had turned out to be a gem and proven me wrong, but I'm sorry- it's lifeless at best.

Well im just surprised this show is still going on from the harsh treatment it's been getting from CN. So I wouldn't expect to much of a comeback and sense it's a kids show there's gonna be some childish things with it. The only thing I find interesting from this show is where are they going taking the story, what are they going to tell us later on in the show? What makes is it so different from the classics? Ether way the show will definitely needs to improve with more action/storytelling and needs to lay off the puns. 

But some people actually been enjoying the show like these guys:

Also did anyone else see that Namagem,s name is not in the credits or in the episode for that matter? It might just be a placeholder name.

3 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

]

The only thing that really stuck with me is the introduction of yet another in-name-only classic Robot Master:

Hide contents

latest?cb=20181114060037

latest?cb=20100618214731

"Junk Man" is a remote-controlled impromptu training robot build by Aki and Suna to help Rush out. It has no character or abilities whatsoever. They could've just given it a new name and it'd make more sense.

To be fair, its' not like this series has the most thought out names.

I am a bit worried that the mini-hiatus may have turned away some of the audience that liked it. Even if the show is mediocre and I don't give a dmn about it, had their fans. I'm sure some don't know it's back.

3 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20181114060037

latest?cb=20100618214731

I saw people pointing out Namagem looks a bit like Bass. So I won't be surprised if he was supposed to be a fusion of the two.

For the new robot master,

Spoiler

at least they got the "junk" part right...*looks at Gutsman* It's funny the creative team needs to change something of the characters before putting them in their show.

• Absolutely 1

21 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

...and Suna being a smug know-it-all who can do no wrong.

Yeah aren't we all glad Roll was thrown away for her? She feels like a writer selfinsert character.

• Absolutely 2

22 hours ago, pppp said:

Yeah aren't we all glad Roll was thrown away for her? She feels like a writer selfinsert character.

While I understand why they did it (reminds me of that "fan message" thing by a parent in Archie comic), they could've simply changed Roll from a housemaid to a normal robot. I guess they wanted to be progressive by adding  "tan/poc" "smart/tech" and "human" , but knew they would get backlash if they did it to Roll and removed her completely. But tbh smart techno-geek girl is a bit cliché nowadays. Given the changes they had with the characters and story, they could've went with Roll into a robot hero too. Or even make her like Amy with a broom.

But I'm sure to the common eye, they're being very progressive and feminist. I've seen several people praising them for having female robot masters & Roll be useful, while sh*tting on Capcom for "making excuses" and not doing the same.

While I was searching the Internet about MM:FC. I came a cross a fan of the this show, and what he said about it was quite interesting IMO.

He said

I think a lot of the negative sentiment towards the show is undue. Most of it seems to come out of the misconception that the show was supposed to be faithful to classic, when the show makers were explicitly told by Capcom to make it 'it's own thing'. A lot of people just don't like how the designs and characterisations differ and aren't willing to look past that.

Some people cite the awkward execution, and some parts of it - the school stuff and the moral messages, mostly - are often awkward. And it's true that the show doesn't really excel in it's action or comedy, but I think it still has some really worthwhile, redeeming qualities, for example;

1. The characters. I think the whole cast is pretty well-characterised and lively; I love the character interaction in general. But special mention goes to the Robot Masters, who are often given fun quirks and reasons for their (bad) behaviour. They're the main attraction in this show IMO, and the people who make the show put a lot of energy into realising them. Different from source, they DEFINITELY are, but they're still good, enjoyable characters! My absolute faves are Fire Man (obvs XD), Wave Man and Elec Man.

2. The worldbuilding and story/setup is unique and interesting. The show makers obviously have a set of ideas laid down for why things are the way they are in this world and how they came to be. And what's happening in the show currently, broadly is based on the final remaining issues in society, the disillusioned (usually Robot Masters) acting out, and the agenda of the big bad to reignite war. I'm genuinely invested in seeing where the story goes. The setup that the characters inhabit, and the ideas that go into their back story and relationship with the world are interesting. There are LOTS of secrets yet to be revealed to us, and I'm interested in seeing how everything connects together, and learning the reasons for the existence of certain things, or why things turned out the way they did.

I don't want to oversell the show- it's still far from perfect, and it IS still primarily aimed at children so you should expect the usual trappings, but in my opinion, it has more than enough redeeming quality to outweigh it's less stellar areas of performance. It also improves across the board as the episodes progress.

The show makers have purpose, a story they want to tell, and a show they obviously care about. I'm sure everyone involved wanted to give us something good, and it's so earnest and good-natured in it's tone and execution that I couldn't help but be endeared, in spite of being very sceptical at first.

• Thumbs Up 5

47 minutes ago, RockmanX211 said:

While I was searching the Internet about MM:FC . I came a cross a fan of the this show, and what he said about it was quite interesting IMO.

He said

I think a lot of the negative sentiment towards the show is undue. Most of it seems to come out of the misconception that the show was supposed to be faithful to classic, when the show makers were explicitly told by Capcom to make it 'it's own thing'. A lot of people just don't like how the designs and characterisations differ and aren't willing to look past that

This is a fair enough sentiment, since this is by my measure one of 5 or so shows in the past few years that a thread has been started on SSMB mostly to circle jerk how terrible it is based on that exact logic.

It always stood out as particularly amusing to me how so much of this thread has spent the past two years being that way, as I absolutely adore Megaman Legends and only sorta like the classic series (and hate X and don't care about any of the rest of them) but still would think it pretty ridiculous to shit on a Megaman cartoon for not being an adaptation of Legends; yet the idea that this wasn't a one to one adaptation of one part of a series with a half-dozen different iterations meant it was worth writing off entirely from the start was still being spoken completely straight faced.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, honestly, I don't see the problem. There are plenty of franchises with several incarnations, like Transformers or (of course) Sonic.

Mega Man has a lot of subfranchises that differ from each other in certain ways; what's the issue with one more?

5 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Yeah, honestly, I don't see the problem. There are plenty of franchises with several incarnations, like Transformers or (of course) Sonic.

Mega Man has a lot of subfranchises that differ from each other in certain ways; what's the issue with one more?

Like I said multiple times in this topic, if the show is not aimed at fans of Classic then why the constant use of the Mega Man 2 theme and all the references and meme usage that only fans would get? Not to mention the pixel art scenes clearly meant to appeal to nostalgia.

Mega Man X doesn't constantly shove in classic references.

Maybe if the show took the time usually focused on those things to flesh out the characters more things would be better.

Once again, how about an origin story about how Aki became Mega Man? Or maybe are they pulling a Ladybug and saving it for the Season 1 finale.

6 hours ago, RockmanX211 said:

I don't want to oversell the show- it's still far from perfect, and it IS still primarily aimed at children so you should expect the usual trappings

When are people are gonna realise this excuse is horseshit? Tangled, Ducktales Reboot, Big Hero 6, Voltron and other kids shows airing right now don't have any of the "trappings" we accuse the show of having. Being a kids show doesn't serve as an excuse for lesser quality in any way whatsoever. I'm adressing that quote for the record, not @RockmanX211.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I've really warmed up to Fully Charged. It's not faithful to the source material, and it's certainly not a fantastic show by any means, even if you ignore that aspect...but it's pretty decent for what it is.

Eh, i'd say it's pretty fair to hate on it now. Like, back when this was still on it's way I was pretty interested in seeing where the show went and how good the writing might be (heck, I didn't even mind the designs). But after seeing clips from the actual episodes though? Nah, at worst this show is fluent garbage and at best it's just a decent show that appeases the kids that haven't seen better. I think there is a lot that they could've done with a megaman tv show but this definitely wasn't it and I hope the show either drastically improves or they manage to replace it with something better since I think it does a huge disservice to the brand.

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean, there wasn't much criticism when the Pachinko came out (okay, it's a very minor thing that the majority of fans can't access to, and it was after MMFC came out, but still).

At this point those who are still salty should calm down and let it go, but tbh the disappointment is understandable. The interviews did say it was for kids but also "as well as their parents who grew up loving the videogames", how they teased/released the info made many people assume it was a reboot/classic adaptation. So when it was revealed it was a completely new series, it disappointed them. The "hiatus" of Archie didn't help either, making them saltier.

I think the other problem is as pppp says, relying on nolstalgia and trying to pander to the classic fans too much. While MMFC claims to be new and unique, they also use spite art, classic music, classic robot masters, memes from other series, similar story (robots and humans, robots go bad, blah blah)...which may have reignited the rage of those who were upset but managed to accept it as a new series.  It also didn't help a lot of people were dreading the exact story MMFC was: a superhero child in school trying to fight crime while hiding their identity.

EDIT: also as MegasonicZX says, the show itself seems to be mediocre. Which is fine by itself, but is something for the salty people to be more upset about.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:05 PM, pppp said:

I was gonna say I wholeheartedly doubt this original human character is supposed to be Roll, but faltered once I remembered that that's apparently what the Legends version is.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:14 AM, KoDaiko said:

While I understand why they did it (reminds me of that "fan message" thing by a parent in Archie comic), they could've simply changed Roll from a housemaid to a normal robot. I guess they wanted to be progressive by adding  "tan/poc" "smart/tech" and "human" , but knew they would get backlash if they did it to Roll and removed her completely. But tbh smart techno-geek girl is a bit cliché nowadays. Given the changes they had with the characters and story, they could've went with Roll into a robot hero too. Or even make her like Amy with a broom.

Yeah, I'd be thinkin they'll do what that Network anime apparently and just make her a separate character with her own origin.

I mean, the Pac-man reboot kinda sorta got rid of the other Pacmen and/or combined their roles into other characters.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:52 PM, Tornado said:

This is a fair enough sentiment, since this is by my measure one of 5 or so shows in the past few years that a thread has been started on SSMB mostly to circle jerk how terrible it is based on that exact logic.

On 11/17/2018 at 3:32 PM, SonicWind said:

If I had to guess, it's partly people being starved for Megaman content over the past half-decade or so, with the Archie comic being latest installment, and being miffed when the next mainstream thing to finally come out is a kids action-comedy cartoon.

23 hours ago, pppp said:

Like I said multiple times in this topic, if the show is not aimed at fans of Classic then why the constant use of the Mega Man 2 theme and all the references and meme usage that only fans would get? Not to mention the pixel art scenes clearly meant to appeal to nostalgia.

Because that's what people recognize as core Megaman.

23 hours ago, pppp said:

Maybe if the show took the time usually focused on those things to flesh out the characters more things would be better.

Once again, how about an origin story about how Aki became Mega Man? Or maybe are they pulling a Ladybug and saving it for the Season 1 finale.

Yeah, having seen the post about a season finale and the talk about the tan girl(Sun?) possibly being Roll, I'm a tad concerned about that as well.

23 hours ago, pppp said:

When are people are gonna realise this excuse is horseshit? Tangled, Ducktales Reboot, Big Hero 6, Voltron and other kids shows airing right now don't have any of the "trappings" we accuse the show of having. Being a kids show doesn't serve as an excuse for lesser quality in any way whatsoever. I'm adressing that quote for the record, not @RockmanX211.

I haven't gotten past the third episode or so of Big Hero 6 yet, so no comment there, but isn't there at least two characters in Ducktales that fall into that?

40 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I haven't gotten past the third episode or so of Big Hero 6 yet, so no comment there, but isn't there at least two characters in Ducktales that fall into that?

You're gonna have to be more specific, I don't remember any badly written character in Ducktales so far.

1 hour ago, pppp said:

You're gonna have to be more specific, I don't remember any badly written character in Ducktales so far.

I'm sure this is just you being you, but I meant in terms of being an overtop, shallow and obnoxious millennial.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I'm sure this is just you being you, but I meant in terms of being an overtop, shallow and obnoxious millennial.

I don't quite know what you mean with those words, but my basic point is Ducktales is not shallow or obnoxious, the humor is well written and something like the final 2 eps of season 1 are quite meaty storywise, serving as an example of a show aimed at kids that doesn't insult kids intelligence.

10 minutes ago, pppp said:

I don't quite know what you mean with those words, but my basic point is Ducktales is not shallow or obnoxious, the humor is well written and something like the final 2 eps of season 1 are quite meaty storywise, serving as an example of a show aimed at kids that doesn't insult kids intelligence.

Ah, I get that.

Really, I was singling out Dewey and Mark as being those sort of characters.

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Ah, I get that.

Really, I was singling out Dewey and Mark as being those sort of characters.

Dewey is the most interesting of the triplets thanks to his mother search subplot and eventual payoff that develops his character, so no definitely a great character. As for Mark well obviously it depends on wether or not you like Internet humor.