Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

15 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

The only time Bass has been considered to be a joke is in the Mega Mix Manga where nobody takes him seriously constantly calls him an idiot. In game universe it's weird because he's highlighted as Mega Man's rival despite the fact that they've teamed up more times than they have fought each other.  

I mean, technically it still makes sense why he's a rival to Mega Man, he's a dark inflection on what Mega Man is, where Rock is good-natured, a pacifist if he can help it, and caring for others around him, Bass is egocentric and angry, someone who loves fighting to prove himself, and only cares about himself and his own strength right down to having no problems backstabbing Wily if it somehow means pushing him further to his goals of proving himself stronger than Rock

Just now, DabigRG said:

Well here's a important detail: What exactly are Bass's abilities?

Basically everything Rock can do, bar using copy abilities. He can use a super adaptor to merge with his wolf - Treble to use a super form which grants him flight and a power boost. He can also aim his buster in all eight directions and has a double jump iirc. 

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Basically everything Rock can do, bar using copy abilities. He can use a super adaptor to merge with his wolf - Treble to use a super form which grants him flight and a power boost. He can also aim his buster in all eight directions and has a double jump iirc. 

Okay, I thought so.

Well, one of those really doesn't mean much outside of the sidescroling gameplay.

Wasn't Classic Bass portrayed as smart when he initially appeared? At least, he did trick Megaman and Dr. Light into thinking he was a good guy.

23 hours ago, Sean said:

Bass feels like a bit of a joke in-universe because his entire motivation is to prove his strength, which nobody (Mega Man, Dr. Wily, et al.) seems to care whether he does or not.

I don't think he's a great character, but I prefer him over his Battle Network incarnation where he is quite literally Shadow the Hedgehog.

In a way the original Bass is like Shadow the Hedgehog, a chracter put in to be a proper "rival" for the protagonist.Proto man was originally Mega Man's rival but his posiiton became ambiguous as the series went on, like Knuckles. The difference is that Bass keeps coming back as a playable hero and not a rival enemy.

I think Bass is a waste of opprtunity. Mega Man fights for peace, which can be questioned and challenged. Proto man does what he feels is right, and can give a different approach to things. Bass...is a bit harder to expand on when he's not the bad guy, especially in a shallow and simple game like classic.

22 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

The only time Bass has been considered to be a joke is in the Mega Mix Manga where nobody takes him seriously constantly calls him an idiot. In game universe it's weird because he's highlighted as Mega Man's rival despite the fact that they've teamed up more times than they have fought each other.  

Huh, I don't remember him being treated as an idiot all the time. He is given a comical role in the Battle&Chase Arc, but other than that he was treated as a violent nuisance. The Wily numbers called him an idiot in the second to last volume for rushing in without thinking and acting on his own, while Wily is annoyed at his rebellious nature.

Bass seems to me like one of those characters who was introduced without a very clear idea of what function he would serve going forward; and I don't know that I'd say he was even that big a deal in his introductory game, either.  He'll always be comparatively easy to make into a second playable character; but if it were me, I'd probably be more interested in promoting him to main villain for a game.  But this may not be the place for such discussions.

6 hours ago, FFWF said:

Bass seems to me like one of those characters who was introduced without a very clear idea of what function he would serve going forward; and I don't know that I'd say he was even that big a deal in his introductory game, either.  

Pretty much.

6 hours ago, FFWF said:

if it were me, I'd probably be more interested in promoting him to main villain for a game.  But this may not be the place for such discussions.

You know what, that might be exactly what would've solved his problem..

9 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

Wasn't Classic Bass portrayed as smart when he initially appeared? At least, he did trick Megaman and Dr. Light into thinking he was a good guy.

In a way the original Bass is like Shadow the Hedgehog, a chracter put in to be a proper "rival" for the protagonist.Proto man was originally Mega Man's rival but his posiiton became ambiguous as the series went on, like Knuckles. The difference is that Bass keeps coming back as a playable hero and not a rival enemy.

I think that's the source of the issue: he was introduced with this twist in mind that ends up being rather eh since it amounts to "I pretended to be trying to stop Wily when I was actually further covering his escape."

Upon which there's little to do with him beyond make him a so-called rival character to the supposedly pacifistic Megaman in regular Megaman gameplay.

Here's the Megaman thread if ya'l wanna move this.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:17 PM, KoDaiko said:

Heard there are toys coming out.

There are. Despite the questionable character designs on the show, the toys really captured the show's look well.

At the risk of getting a lecture, how's the show doing ratings wise?

Also, that video series I got is presuming it's wrapping up. Here's the last past.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RockmanX211 said:

Here is a picture I found of some of the Villains and Robot masters that appeared in the show.

Who is that shrimpy-looking one between Air Man and Namagem?

13 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Who is that shrimpy-looking one between Air Man and Namagem?

Yeah he looks new.

Given Lord Obsidian suit is waaaaay big compared with Sgt. Night, maybe that's the real "Namagem" inside his suit?

....though from what I've seen, he isn't the type who would look relaxed showing a V sign.

So looking a little closer at the image, it looks to be labeled something like Chronicle and seemingly has -xxe at the end of the name.

Also, is there any indication as to what Sergeant Racism's agenda is?

• 4 weeks later...

You really expected CN to care about a show that isn't Teen Titans? 

Soon, it'll be punted to Boomerang.

This just popped up on my home page.

Spoiler

For those who've seen the play episode, please tell me Sergeant Hatred is literally just there. :lol: 

Wow, wasn't expecting a Hunter X Hunter reference. Cool.

While I doubt it really matters in the grand scheme of this show all things considered, two things I think would have really added to the episode "Enter the Wood Man" would be if:

1) It's revealed in flashbacks that Wood Man's comrades were named B3ATR-S and RU-B3N (Beatrice and Ruben), and it was revealed they were destroyed in horrible ways by humans that are revealed to be very similar to how his imaginary object friends were damaged (Like he accidentally hit B3ATR-S with friendly fire during an ambush by humans, and RU-B3N was killed by laser mortars and blown to smithereens). This drives his anger towards MegaMan during their fight, since he's clearly suffering from PTSD and would further add a sense of tragedy to his character, since it would further show just how utterly alone he is, and that he keeps on fighting because he feels a need to avenge his comrades, and because he doesn't know how to continue otherwise except fighting.

2) At the end, Principal 100100 shows up to greet his old friend, and perhaps help him develop the forest reserve at the end. Maybe they'd talk things out and joke around a bit, showing that even though Wood Man might have lost a lot of his life, and is in an unfamiliar world now, he at least still has 1 person who he can talk with about the old days, and perhaps help ease him into this new era.

• 4 weeks later...

In today’s Motobug stream of the Ruby Spears cartoon, I just found out that Cut Man went straight back to being a villain in a later episode.

So, since it’s been a while enough, idk-maybe-whocares, I guess I’ll drop a few questions:

Has much happened/developed story-wise beyond Negaman being a recurring villain?

What’s the deal with Suna, if it’s been exposited thus far?

Has any character besides Sergeant Racism, the Principal, and Woodman been given any backstory and/or motivational arc?

Is there any indication as to what Sergeant Racism's agenda is?

Where did Miniman come from?

Has that Chronicle-xxe character from the concept art shown up?

What canonical Robot Masters have been introduced thus far? Who are the originals?

• My Emmerdoods 1

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So, since it’s been a while enough, idk-maybe-whocares, I guess I’ll drop a few questions:

Has much happened/developed story-wise beyond Negaman being a recurring villain?

What’s the deal with Suna, if it’s been exposited thus far?

Has any character besides Sergeant Racism, the Principal, and Woodman been given any backstory and/or motivational arc?

Is there any indication as to what Sergeant Racism's agenda is?

Where did Miniman come from?

Has that Chronicle-xxe character from the concept art shown up?

What canonical Robot Masters have been introduced thus far? Who are the originals?

I guess for the fouth question, Sergeant Dickhead (my way of calling Breaker Night by that name) wants to start another war, so he can brag being a hero and prove that robots are evil and should be destroyed.

As of the rest I'm not completely sure.

1 hour ago, TheBlueGuardian said:

I guess for the fouth question, Sergeant Dickhead (my way of calling Breaker Night by that name) wants to start another war, so he can brag being a hero and prove that robots are evil and should be destroyed.

As of the rest I'm not completely sure.

I audibly laughed at that.

...Are...are you serious?