Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

What the cheese one? The cliche storm? The "dramatic butt" one?

It's fine for short laugh and that's it. Bar isn't set that high (Still better then that good awful OVA that tried to tech us about Japan).

• 5 months later...
On 11/2/2016 at 9:34 AM, Deciduflare said:

We don't have a clip, but we have a logo...

Mega_Man_2017_TV_Series_logo.png

Man, that logo is as bland and generic as Corn Flakes, yet not as healthy.

Even Mighty No. 9's logo looks more interesting.

Mighty_No_9_logo.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, I have to agree that this logo looks bland, dated, generic, and not very good. The way gradients are used on it looks really amateur to me. Maybe it's the way the fade to white seems to happen exactly halfway through. It destroys any sense of dynamism and makes it look like they just didn't care or something. The opposite-gradient lines are also pretty lame. Overall, something about it just makes me think it's for something really generic from the 90s.

I actually think that logo Nintega posted is a ton nicer, due in part to the much less generic font and a subtle sense of dynamism created by the red triangle and the letters getting smaller towards the end. Plus, the gradient seems to look a lot nicer, maybe because it doesn't fade exactly halfway through.

• Thumbs Up 7

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm going to have to disagree there. Honestly, the font still looks incredibly generic as cardboard to me. Not that I think the other one looks great, but nothing about it comes off as any worse to me than what I posted or any other Mega Man logo ever really. But to each their own.

• 4 weeks later...

I was quite surprised there's going to be a Mega Man cartoon. I thought that ugly design of Mega Man was for some rejected game idea. After hearing some of the plots for this, I wish it was. It kinda reminds me of that Mega Man comic, the one before Archie, which involves school and so much cliques. But to its credit, it at least uses the originals designs.

If Proto Man is gonna be in this, I bet instead of Blues, his name will be Jack, like in THAT comic I talked about.

• 1 month later...

Ok so um we got a snippet of the show and even tho it was brief the it looks miles better than that concept art that we got last year. I kept saying for months that Man of Action is terrible with promo art but this pretty much solidifies it

• Thumbs Up 6

The clips are so brief it's hard to tell what the animation will be like...but hey, I don't mind the designs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still not liking Rock's design, and Drill Man still looks weird compared to his original design. Don't know why, I think it's the giant drill on the small head is offputting against his original design where his head and the drill was relatively the same size. Plus, you can actually see this one's mouth.

latest?cb=20110403023415

Fire Man's looking pretty good to be fair though, from what I could make out from the clip.

I dunno what to think. The animation looks fluid, yet cheap at the same time. Kinda hard to explain.

Designs look decent, at least, though Mega Man's head is a little too big.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks alright. Animation's a bit naff, but the Mega Man design isn't as bad here as it was in the promo art (I think it's the eyes...). Robot Master designs are also fine; hell, Fire Man's design is basically his original one, just slightly tweaked. 

Doubt I'll watch it, but it looks inoffensive. Certainly not "utter shit", lmfao. 

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Looks alright. Animation's a bit naff, but the Mega Man design isn't as bad here as it was in the promo art (I think it's the eyes...). Robot Master designs are also fine; hell, Fire Man's design is basically his original one, just slightly tweaked. 

Doubt I'll watch it, but it looks inoffensive. Certainly not "utter shit", lmfao. 

I'm gonna have to disagree there. I've gotten over the terrible character designs, but the animation so far is...yikes. Is this flash animation?

That animation is just....ugh. It looks so...cheap.

If you ask me, I think the characters look worse than the promotional art.  The coloring is very lackluster, and Mega Man himself is geometrically just... weird looking.  The line work also looks kind of sloppy.

• Thumbs Up 3

I honestly feel the animation quality is average, if not pretty good. I was expecting cheap Flash animation (emphasis on "cheap"-- there has been good Flash-animated stuff).

I'm willing to try this show out. It might not be all that bad, even if there are some... questionable differences from the Classic games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My main worry is the MM1 Robot Masters are still operating while the MM4 and likely onwards ones are too. Which means unlike the Archie series, where they weren't evil, were actually friends with Rock, and hated Wily's guts, it's gonna be "every robot master is evil". 

• Thumbs Up 3

I gotta be honest: These designs and the animation look pretty good, from my perspective. I like Rock's Aki's design, the animation is fluid, and I can at least recognize the Robot Masters from a glance. I'm not ready to say I'm on board for this just yet, but maybe first impressions aren't always accurate.

EDIT: Wait, that's supposed to be Heathcliff?! I thought it was just some bootleg Garfield! (Ironic, since the opposite's the actual case)

it also looks like we finally have an idea of what rock looks like.

ndSyDh.gif

and for anyone who is having trouble finding drill-man here he is

chrome_2017-01-22_16-32-21.png

edit:i should also note that the drills on his shoulders pop out a few frames after he shows up,so they might just be for battle.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not digging the shaky cam look in that transformation scene... it makes everything look really jittery and not easy to focus on what's happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll give the show a chance.  But I agree adding a Ben 10 style transformation scene is unessecary.  At the very least  it will be nice to have some new Mega Man content again given we haven't had a game in years and the comics are on indefinite hiatus.

I think cartoon Drillman's problem is balance. There's so many identical drills on his upper body.

It reminds me of Drillman.exe, who looks good despite using more drills:

latest?cb=20080613014919

As for Fireman, he.....got spikes flames?

I'd like to give the show a chance, but seeing how I'm cringing at the animation I don't know if I should watch. I don't know if this is normal nowadays, but the art and movement of the art looks quite cheap. I can't help but see some of the...what do you call it? In-between?...art. For a second Aki-Man's face becomes deformed slightly, for example. It's a problem if you can actually see the bad quality art used in the animation multiple times. And I'm the type who usually never notice or cares about those.