Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

I suppose that makes sense. The animation did seem a little... rough around the edges. Gotta make sure you've got that nailed down before you give the finished product to whatever channel is airing it.

As an optimist, I just hope that when they decide to pull back the curtain on the cartoon for real, it's not the doom-bringer most people believe it to be, despite the fact that I understand why they think that. Still, I'm not much of a fan of the Blue Bomber, so it won't really affect me too much if they end up being right. And if not, I might keep watching if the show catches my interest.

I also heard people saying it was something along the line of "clip for investors" or "demo reel for animators" (like a portfolio I suppose?). Which is odd, that’s clip did not look good nor “experimenting” to be excused as a demo or advertisement.

Well, if the show is set for this year, that's not a lot of time left to fix depending on what stage of developing they’re on. People are going to expect much MUCH better quality for Man of Action, hope they're telling the truth and not trying to dodge criticism.

On 1/25/2017 at 0:02 PM, KoDaiko said:

I also heard people saying it was something along the line of "clip for investors" or "demo reel for animators" (like a portfolio I suppose?). Which is odd, that’s clip did not look good nor “experimenting” to be excused as a demo or advertisement.

Well, if the show is set for this year, that's not a lot of time left to fix depending on what stage of developing they’re on. People are going to expect much MUCH better quality for Man of Action, hope they're telling the truth and not trying to dodge criticism.

While I'm not denying the possibility of the latter, it's worth a note that the animation seen in the video above was probably finished months ago, so if the animation is better than that in the final product, they've had plenty of time to work on it assuming they started working on it as soon as the teaser animation was completed.

• 1 month later...

It's been in a status update-

1489955946504.jpg&key=097f0f8b70459a128b

52 11 minute episodes for this show. 

Honestly the only thing I like about this is the suit. Buuuut some of those proportions look off in this picture. I think it's the big head and thin arms and legs?

The face of a older teen but his body says child. Eh not 100 percent ok but as long as it's action based as mm is and not some shoehorn light action

The longer I look at this design, the more I'm beginning to see similarities to Mega Man X rather than Classic, especially with the helmet. I wonder if that was intentional?

I think what really makes this design look so unappealing is his eyes. Every iteration of Mega Man has really large eyes that are rounded on the top and flat on the bottom and when you've seen so many iterations of Mega Man use that over the years, this one almost doesn't even look like a genuine Mega Man. If you hadn't told me this was supposed to be the Mega Man for a new cartoon series I'd swear that this was just a bootleg knockoff.

Hopefully the show can make up for the shortcomings of the design like Sonic Boom has, but considering its made by Man-of-Action I'm expecting it to just be Ben 10 with Mega Man and instead of aliens there's robots. But who knows maybe it'll be more like Generator Rex just going by what Man-of-Action is capable of. 

• Thumbs Up 4

He looks like if they made a Funko pop figure except tried to give it a somewhat realistic face.

Better than the teaser image from a year ago, but still very off-putting.

Definitely gives off an "OK at best" vibe. Vastly better than before, but hardly "good". The body and suit indicates they have at least a rudimentary understanding of how to make visually appealing designs, but then the disproportionate head throws most of that goodwill away. The logo font is still extremely mediocre at best and the 52 x 11' looks more like a dimensional measurement to me :P

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Uh, guys? You may not like this...

Since when did Mega Man become a Power Ranger?

And THATS what he says when transforming? It sounds like it....

Getting Miraculous Ladybug french version vibes for some reason...

• Thumbs Up 2

So here it is... the teaser trailer. (Edit: it's been taken down now)

Honestly... I'm kinda feeling that 3D art style and pallete, especially considering I thought it was originally going to be some shitty ass flash animation going by the concept art and title logo.

Wish they didn't ham it up with the cheesy "Ninjago" esque one liners and "go! go!" sound bite, though. Wish they didn't needlessly redesign the bomber, too, but I'm willing to give this show a fair shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

That was....

uh....

god mega man can't catch a break even when he does get new content

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow um....that sure was something. I know it's for kids and all(I can still critique it) but that catchphrase is going to get annoying.

Ooooooh, I already how this show is gonna be like and it's definitely the most predictable, cliche kind of way for sure.

While it would be nice to see the Robot Masters from past titles to be in this but with the setup and now with this teaser trailer, yeah I expect this to be just as mediocrely bad like Pacman Ghostly Adventures.

And since Boom is mentioned, it just goes to show how good the Boom cartoon is.

Granted, yes Boom is nowhere near the traditional Sonic cartoon longtime fans are used to and it's understandable why people won't get into it because of how different it but when you look at Boom as its own entity, I personally feel you can get a lot of appreciation for what it does. Granted, it helps that Boom has a solid cast and writing crew that boosts it (the show did won an award not too long ago at a film festival). But enough Boom gushing andacceptthatitssomehowgarbage

But yeah, this is going to be another unremarkable attempt at making Mega Man relevant "hip with da kids".

Can someone photoshop that hipster adult pic and put the new Mega Man face in there?

Ugh... that was not good...

Why couldn't Capcom fund something like a new version of the Mega Man Battle Network anime? The show wasn't perfect but at least it treated Mega Man with respect. Plus, the line of GBA games were generally high quality tactical RPGs.

The Mega Man Battle Network anime lasted for over 200 episodes. I doubt this new Mega Man will survive a single season before being cancelled.

44 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Ugh... that was not good...

Why couldn't Capcom fund something like a new version of the Mega Man Battle Network anime? The show wasn't perfect but at least it treated Mega Man with respect. Plus, the line of GBA games were generally high quality tactical RPGs.

The Mega Man Battle Network anime lasted for over 200 episodes. I doubt this new Mega Man will survive a single season before being cancelled.

Then they'll blame it on "Mega Man's just not popular anymore."

• Thumbs Up 2

Wasn't this going to have 2D animation?

Eh, it looks like a pretty unremarkable kids show, which is about what I expected.

Looks absolutely horrendous. Man of Action have outdone themselves.

It's been taken down but I reuploaded it for anyone who wants to suffer with me.

>Screechy electronic voices

>Annoying sidekick

>Repetitive lyrics

>Stupid catchphrase

6zigb.jpg

38 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Looks absolutely horrendous. 

It's been taken down but I reuploaded it for anyone who wants to suffer with me.

The flying fuck did I just watch

What exactly is the point of using a nostalgic property from the 80s to create a generic kids' show that doesn't appear to have any appeal for most people old enough to care about the brand? I mean, I get that they want to generate interest in a younger audience, but why exactly do they need to when it doesn't really appear they're creating new Mega Man products aside from this show itself? Trying to test the waters to see if Mega Man is still marketable to young'ins, I guess? I suppose that makes some sense, but it still feels like wasted potential to not care about people who already care about the character.

• Thumbs Up 9