Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

4 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

50 rings if the channel ignores this show a la Sonic Boom and continues to spam TTG as usual.

well apparently cloudy with a chance of meat balls is their new TTG for this week from the looks of things.

http://tv.twcc.com/listings/cartoon-network#04-Apr-2017

and considering the fact that I haven't even seen a single screening of the ben 10 reboot show up once on CN. I'm not even sure if megaman even has a chance to air at this rate.

The show looks like a poor man's malicious ladybug.  will it be the high school adventures of megaman with villains pulling off small crimes that he rushes in to stop.

4 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Didn't they initially announce it was airing this year on Disney XD?

Oh well. At least Cartoon Network will treat it well.

*looks at Sonic Boom and Pokemon*

...welp, Mega Man's doomed.

Pokemon has literally fled the channel for Disney Xd, who are actually building some really solid content

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

I guess the only reason why this is coming to Cartoon Network is because their relationship with Man of Action. Isn't it funny how CN used to be cool and awesome now they've fallen from grace? Sad.

• Promotion 1

@Dejimon11 you would think that but the truth is man of action's been working alongside disney for a pretty good while now.Or to be more specific they have worked on Big hero 6,avengers assembled,ultimate spider-man and weirdly enough a couple of earths mightiest heroes episodes.

also I don't think man of action would be able to move the mega-man series over to CN without capcoms permission. (unless theres something in the paperwork that says otherwise.)

CN goes through ups and downs.  I feel like TTG and PPG2016 notwithstanding, CN's original programming ranges from good to fantastic, better than most of the shows that took the same slots a decade ago, and about on the same level with the shows the decade before that.

The problem with modern CN is that it refuses to give shows a chance.  If a show isn't immediately popular it immediately gets transferred to Boomerang and eventually quietly killed off.  That's probably what will sooner than later happen with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (though I won't mind since while better than TTG it fails to capture the charm of the films) and why I think shows like Steven Universe and We Bare Bears always start out with "lol DANK MEMEZ" humor before suddenly changing pace to more narrative driven and emotionally fueled plots.

Though unlike Sonic Boom, which showed a small amount of promise even if it didn't fully deliver, this show just looks awful.  So if it's even half as bad as it looks, I won't mind it quietly seeping into the abyss.  Better than having it loudly proclaimed for all to point and laugh at (sonicboom).

• Thumbs Up 3

So that same article SonicWind posted confirms that Rush will be coming back, and a new character is coming, Suna Light.

... Oh boy. I think she's this cartoons version of Roll.

• 1 month later...

Don't get too excited- This is just a merchandise-related announcement:

Jakks Pacific has just acquired the rights to make toys based on this upcoming Mega Man trainwreck cartoon:

http://nintendoeverything.com/jakks-pacific-nabs-the-rights-to-mega-man-animated-series-toys/

According to the report, we're getting "Figures, costumes, plushies, playsets, and more". JP has been making Nintendo merch for years now, and as a very passionate toy collector, I can vouch for them. So even when if this show bombs, we can at least get some good toys of this new incarnation of the Blue Bomber.

• Chuckle 1

Lol this trainwreck is heading to CN, good or bad its already doomed.

The only thing we can hope for is that Capcom uses this opportunity to create some new, solid titles for the franchise not some cheap cash ins.

• Nice Smile 1

9 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Lol this trainwreck is heading to CN, good or bad its already doomed.

The only thing we can hope for is that Capcom uses this opportunity to create some new, solid titles for the franchise not some cheap cash ins.

inb4MegaManBoomRiseOfWahwee

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have another bump, along with the full version of a previously-shown render:

Spoiler

DSwAhjQVoAE9SaL.jpg:large

Also, a recently-released catalog reveals a bit more info- most notably, a new character named "Suna Light", who is most likely Roll's replacement.

https://content.dhxmedia.com/uploads/2017/10/DHX_CATALOGUE_READ_ONLY-Med-Res.pdf

At the very least, we know the show's not cancelled.

Off-topic, but looking through that PDF was a real nostalgia trip.  So many shows I'd completely forgotten existed despite having fond memories of them.

The Mega Man cartoon still looks bad, though. =C

On 2018/1/5 at 10:54 AM, Forte-Metallix said:

Have another bump, along with the full version of a previously-shown render:

Reveal hidden contents

DSwAhjQVoAE9SaL.jpg:large

Also, a recently-released catalog reveals a bit more info- most notably, a new character named "Suna Light", who is most likely Roll's replacement.

https://content.dhxmedia.com/uploads/2017/10/DHX_CATALOGUE_READ_ONLY-Med-Res.pdf

At the very least, we know the show's not cancelled.

It's sad because the appearance of Suna and Rush was already announced by various media last year (somewhere around April 2017).  Which means there isn't any new information except that it's still alive...

• 2 months later...

We've got another image, featuring some EXTRA T H I C C redesigns:

DY023nmW0AYfzpG.jpg

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/03/new-mega-man-animated-series-robot.html

A brand-new promo image for the upcoming Mega Man animated series (which confirms the show will appear at the MIPTV tradeshow in April) brings us our first look at the show's Robot Masters. 

The animated series is slated to air on Cartoon Network in the states later this year in a 52 episode, 11-minute format. Hopefully we'll have more news and additional details soon.

Considering how horrible CN is these days, they'll probably end up treating this as their new Ben 10 or TTG. And does anyone else think that new female RM in the top left kinda looks like Mega Man Xtreme 2's Berkana?

• Thumbs Up 1

Why ? is ? everything ? so ? ugly??? Seriously though. The character designs, the logo. It still all looks so bad!

Have we ever established what the point of making this show even is? Older viewers obviously aren't going to be interested, so why are they using a classic character? I know they are coming out with a new Mega Man game now, for what it's worth, but idk...still feels weird.

• Thumbs Up 6

I honestly think it resembles a TERRIBLE redesign of Vesper Woman more than anything, those wings look really suspiciously like bee/wasp wings and there's yellow stripes in the design if you look carefully. 

1 minute ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Why ? is ? everything ? so ? ugly??? Seriously though. The character designs, the logo. It still all looks so bad!

Have we ever established what the point of making this show even is? Older viewers obviously aren't going to be interested, so why are they using a classic character? I know they are coming out with a new Mega Man game now, for what it's worth, but idk...still feels weird.

Same reason we had a butt ugly redesign of Pac Man feature in his own show.

Eh.

Eeeeeeh. Not a fan of any of the redesigns at all, and Mega Man's face looks sort of... creepy? I think even having it be 2D animation would've made it slightly more appealing, but I dunno, this just looks off-putting.

IceManWhatHappened.thumb.png.3a4f94c4e49892c122a04c39028cdfbd.png

Maybe I just need a clearer image of this but... man, Ice Man in particular looks bad. It reminds me of an early 2000's CGI show or something.

• Promotion 1

Good news: Wily isn't being ruined, too!

Bad news: ...Because they're getting rid of him and introducing a new villain named "Sgt. Night."

DY1m-bfUMAAPVFY.jpg:large

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now I hope Roll, Proto Man, and the rest of the classic cast get "mercifully" excluded, too.

• My Emmerdoods 1

Honestly, besides Ice Man I don't see the issue with those redesigns. In fact I'd say Fire Man at least looks better here than he did in Battle Network - similar bulked up style to Ariga's Robot Masters, so I can dig it. Drill Man's basically the same thing as classic but bulkier. Mega Man's face is still a bit iffy, but other than that... I ain't really seeing many issues? It's far less derivative than half of the other MM series...ses, just notably more 'western'. And from what we've seen it's hard to call whether it's even in much of a bad way. It's just... different.  

Reminds me of all the fuss over Sonic Boom for being different, and then when the show actually dropped it was fairly harmless, innit. Dare I say it was even good at times. 

Ice Man's shite though, he looks like a weird bootleg. Shame about Wily, too. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh they're pulling this "secret super hero who goes to school" horseshit wiith Mega Man I see, ahvent heard THAT one a million times before in countless otther mediocre kids shows, totally not unessecary at all for a character like Mega Man who can be a hero AND a kid at the same time with no trouble at all. Pass

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 2

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Good news: Wily isn't being ruined, too!

Bad news: ...Because they're getting rid of him and introducing a new villain named "Sgt. Night."

DY1m-bfUMAAPVFY.jpg:large

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now I hope Roll, Proto Man, and the rest of the classic cast get "mercifully" excluded, too.

Don't worry, it's totally an accurate representation because it's only """""""inspired""""""" by the games

• Chuckle 2

Oh I get it, Sgt. Night as in dark which is the opposite of Light which is Aki and Thomas's last names.

Can't wait till they show us their design for King Cobra man

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130412061724