Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

Oh they're pulling this "secret super hero who goes to school" horseshit wiith Mega Man I see, ahvent heard THAT one a million times before in countless otther mediocre kids shows, totally not unessecary at all for a character like Mega Man who can be a hero AND a kid at the same time with no trouble at all. Pass

Megaman Starforce did that stuff better already anyway. There's no need for them to revisit that old tired archetype in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm calling it now - Wily is going to be in the show...but he still won't be a villain. Instead, he's an incredible bit role - a wormy cowardly scientist working for the military who builds the robot masters and is entirely loyal to Sgt. Night.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm calling it now - Wily is going to be in the show...but he still won't be a villain. Instead, he's an incredible bit role - a wormy cowardly scientist working for the military who builds the robot masters and is entirely loyal to Sgt. Night.

And then it'll turn out he's just using Night for his own goals afterward.

• Promotion 1

Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

And then it'll turn out he's just using Night for his own goals afterward.

You expect accurate portrayals of the characters in this show?

• Thumbs Up 1

asdfghjkl I hate it when they make male characters all weird and stuff, but then make the female ones overly-human with hair and such. Especially since there is already Splash and Honey (ok she's scrapped but still) for reference.  And I don't think that's Honey/Vesper. While the other robots maintain their original characteristics, she barely looks like them aside from this "yellow line" that is spoken of. She doesn't even look like an bee, even an insect.

But the other robot masters are alright. Not super, but not bad. MMBN gave a more drastic redesign. I'm dreading looking forward to seeing Roll Suna. 

• Nice Smile 1

Aki and Suna? ...Nope, still prefer Rock and Roll.

Plus, no Dr. Wily, of which is a popular video game villain? And he's gone only to get replaced by some dumbfuck I don't care about, whose name appeals to the show's ever-so-precious symbolism.

Everything about this is making the show a really crappy in-name-only adaptation.

• Promotion 1

16 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Good news: Wily isn't being ruined, too!

Bad news: ...Because they're getting rid of him and introducing a new villain named "Sgt. Night."

DY1m-bfUMAAPVFY.jpg:large

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now I hope Roll, Proto Man, and the rest of the classic cast get "mercifully" excluded, too.

Maybe (hopefully) Wily will be added in later on...

1 minute ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Maybe (hopefully) Wily will be added in later on...

I swear, if this show opens up with narration pertaining to the "past threats" of Dr, Wily and whatnot, I'll be even more certain that Night will be Wily in disguise.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

I swear, if this show opens up with narration pertaining to the "past threats" of Dr, Wily and whatnot, I'll be even more certain that Night will be Wily in disguise.

I didn't even think of that.

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

(...) I'll be even more certain that Night will be Wily in disguise.

That sound stupid, yet very right at the same time.

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

That sound stupid, yet very right at the same time.

Who else, but with Capcom? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To the "They're saving/hiding Wily for a surprise reveal mid-to-late season" crowd, riddle me this; even if we assume Sgt. Night is a red herring, or Wily himself in disguise... why even bother with hiding one of the most iconic video game villains ever, when you're trying to sell this to people? Especially considering this cartoon is obstensively made for preteen children who don't know what a Mega Man is, and thus wouldn't even get the running joke of Wily hiding behind someone else?

Wouldn't this be like if Sonic Boom's prerelease information had no mention of Dr. Eggman anywhere, in lieu of promoting that wolf guy or whoever as the main antagonist of the series? Or if that Illumination Mario movie releases a synopsis tomorrow boasting about how Mario and Luigi must save the Mushroom Kingdom from "Lord Gobblegorb", with no mention of Bowser or even the word "Koopa" anywhere?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Little thing, but I'm sooooooooooo grateful for that. I hate calling something "franchise-name  + year", like every TMNT cartoon (until now) and it's often hard to agree on nickname (I was considering Aki-Megaman or something like that).

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Anybody want to see another new character? No? Well, too bad! :D

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-11%2Bat%2B3.20.02%2BPM.png

This design is horrendous, but at least he's most likely not another bastardized classic face. (RIP Ice Man)

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/05/heres-another-new-character-from-mega.html

I have...absolutely no idea who this is supposed to be.

23 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Looks like a yellow Hard Man with a jet pack. Because why not? Right, Man of Action? WHY NOT, HUH?

23 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It’s the guy we all know and love, Transformer-Knockoff Man! Don’t you know your robot masters @Ryannumber1gamer?

53 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

This design is horrendous, but at least he's most likely not another bastardized classic face. (RIP Ice Man)

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/05/heres-another-new-character-from-mega.html

.....That looks like Skywarp/Thundercracker/Starscream

Spoiler

It's gonna be Bass isn't it?

• Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:

It looks like a rip off of Sunstreaker and Sunstorm from Transformers. 

I’ll be honest it also looks a bit Ken Pendery design wise.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

No seriously, who's that supposed to be?

I'm assuming it's a new character.

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean, this character looks fine, but only by virtue of the fact that he looks like a character from a completely unrelated series that already had a decent sense of design (Transformers).

• Fist Bump 1

• 1 month later...

We're finally getting our first real look at this...thing on July 20:

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/07/mega-man-fully-charged-premiering-at.html

"Kazuhiro Tsuchiya (CAPCOM, video game producer, Mega Man, Asura's Wrath), Man of Action (creators of Ben 10 and the team and characters of Big Hero 6), and Logan McPherson (DHX Studios, VP, creative and animated production, Slugterra, The Deep, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2D series)) give a behind-the-scenes peek into the production of this new animated show, aimed at kids 5 to 11.
Celebrating the 30-year legacy of this iconic, game-based character, the panelists will discuss the background and creative evolution of the new series, followed by screening of never-before-seen footage from the show, coming soon to Cartoon Network."

Let's see how bad "Aki" runs, even when fully charged.