Awoo.

Sega survey lists Sonic Guardians

Badnik Mechanic

On mobile so basic op. 

I know that person so if this is a hoax I shall be very disappointed in them.

Anyone else got this survey?

Fake edit: 2006? What? They didn't mean 2016?

If it were supposed to be 2016, its placement there in the list wouldn't make sense since it seems chronological. Doubt they'd eff up the placement and the number itself. 

Likely just a random error. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Detective Paradox said:

It's not a game. If it's not a game, then what is it?

I'm fairly sure he just meant it's not a thing in general, since it was on a list of games. :v 

I wouldn't lie honest!

TBH I'm sure that "Guardians" title was on the last survey too and thought it was kind of weird. 

Survey also lists Mighty the Armadillo as a character on list of "Characters you know" and I was like "!!!" because I know we've all wanted the 4th member of the Chaotix to show up. 

The crossover stuff was weird too. Maybe I'm being pranked by SEGA? o_o

Paradox has a screen with proof it came from a SEGA address. 

Fake or not, Sonic Guardians sounds like a cool name for a game, too bad its unlikely though.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the contrary, Guardians sounds incredibly generic. I mean not that Sonic's known for amazing titles (literally Sonic Colours) but eh. 

Would be particularly weird after they took the mick out of it with that Halo parody. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Frankly, Sonic Guardians just sounds awful. Not necessarily the name itself, but what such a title would imply for the game.

Not gonna lie, Sonic Guardians sounds like a Sonic fanfiction title.

Wonder what the heck that was supposed to be if it isn't a game.

5 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Not gonna lie, Sonic Guardians sounds like a Sonic fanfiction title.

As a fanfiction regular, I can confirm.

46 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Frankly, Sonic Guardians just sounds awful. Not necessarily the name itself, but what such a title would imply for the game.

The Sonic Heroes sequel you've been waiting for.

It's apparently an error and will ve corrected. I'm just sat here wondering how antone can make an error like that? Can we check Wikipedia history to see if someone tried a terrible edit hoax to see if whoever made this survey just looked on Wikipedia for the game entries.

19 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

It's apparently an error and will ve corrected. I'm just sat here wondering how antone can make an error like that? Can we check Wikipedia history to see if someone tried a terrible edit hoax to see if whoever made this survey just looked on Wikipedia for the game entries.

You see the marketing person who made this survey knows someone and that someone has an uncle who works at sega and

30 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

The rest of the list was pretty on the ball, accurate names and included most mainline games without errors (including sub games like Pinball Party and Shuffle). It was literally just that one title that stood out. I did wonder if maybe it was meaning "Sonic Chronicles" but that was actually on the list with the correct date. Same for Generations.

The main purpose of the survey seemed to be to pitch the idea of mobile sonic games based on sports or different genres. But it did also have questions on crossovers and asking stuff like "Would you like to see a crossover with Sonic and Ratchet & Clank" 

No lego though, weird considering there was that Lego Dimensions rumor going about the other week

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't help but think of Phantasy Star Universe... Made by Sonic Team, released in 2006, "GUARDIANS" being organization you work in.

I think it's a cool name for an Adventure-esque Sonic game. Definitely more coherent than Sonic Lost World.

25 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

You see the marketing person who made this survey knows someone and that someone has an uncle who works at sega and

Well they were going to check Sonic Retro but it was down again.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, jennytablina said:

No lego though, weird considering there was that Lego Dimensions rumor going about the other week

If that rumor is to be trusted, I'd imagine that Sega wouldn't really need to know if people are interested in a Sonic/Lego product at this point in time. They most likely would have already started development on that sort of thing a decent amount of time ago.

If it's just a mistake then I don't think there's a whole lot to discuss at the moment, so I'm going to close this for now. If any new information pops up then feel free to redirect it to an existing topic, like the Sega's 2016 Plans topic.

• The topic was locked