Awoo.

Sega wants to know who you'd like to see Sonic with...

Badnik Mechanic

Don't have access to this survey so every now and again something from it gets posted. Seems that Sega wants to know which franchise you want Sonic to cross over with.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh boi, I can't wait for Mobius Hearts Z: Friendship is Adventure Time Project Tiny Zone Toons at the Olympic Games be a thing!

But that seems to be a random assortment of character choices but hey since Gene suggested that this is another survey from the mobile team, who am I say what's weird?

• Thumbs Up 4

well, I think I most likely vote for capcom, I feel like I had enough of mario and sonic, I rather have sonic with megaman or something

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel like Nintendo's at a bit of a disadvantage here, being the only choice that implies console exclusivity.

• Thumbs Up 3

If i had to choose, i would go with DBZ.(PLS Dont hate me.)

I waana see Trunks and Silver working together.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've always wanted to see Sonic crossover with Crash Bandicoot or Ratchet & Clank myself. x3

• Thumbs Up 3

Strange that Nintendo characters is an option. Considering that it's been done numberous times before.

My choice would be capcom, it makes sense to me. If I had to chose non-video games characters then I guess I would with Disney..

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Don't have access to this survey so every now and again something from it gets posted. Seems that Sega wants to know which franchise you want Sonic to cross over with.

"Capcom characters " Eh?  Well, I can think of a certain character who's best friend is also named "Miles", and not to mention,  a certain tricky ghost of a character I'd be keen on for such a momentous occasion!

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't want Sonic and Rainbow Dash partnership to be official lmao

I'm sick of Mario and Sonic

My choice is other: Marvel characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Sonikku. said:

My choice is other: Marvel characters.

Soooooooo, technically the Disney choice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jovahexeon-Phoenix-Sissel said:

Soooooooo, technically the Disney choice. 

I dunno, are Marvel character Disney characters? I thought they weren't as their movies don't have Disney on them.

1 minute ago, Sonikku. said:

I dunno, are Marvel character Disney characters? I thought they weren't as their movies don't have Disney on them.

They're still owned by Disney just like Star Wars. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

They're still owned by Disney just like Star Wars. 

Ah OK. I was thinking of only Marvel characters so I guess it falls under the Disney cataglory.

Anyway. I want to see Sonic and Capt America team up, yasss

My Little Pony better not win, I mean really? Isn't it bad enough over the few years you had deal with constant fan art, pairings, Fanfiction, and fan vids everywhere on the Internet and I was sick of Sonic constantly being assiocated with MLP instead of something more suited for him.

No offense to any MLP fans here, I'm ok with the show and respect your interests but can we PLEASE leave ponies out of Sonic or atleast keep the Sonic cast away from MLP? I understand the characters have a few similarities but they just don't fit.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, VizardJeffhog said:

I sure wouldn't mind a bona fide, genuine crossover title between Mario and Sonic that isn't an Olympics game for a change. :n

I'm sure a lot of people would. 

Where's the option for Dark Souls and Mortal Kombat?

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Indigo Rush said:

Hrm.

I don't think it's quite as straight-forward as that.

I think what they're trying to gauge here is the other interests of their demographics, moreso than trying to figure out what to cross-over with. Meaning, if they take Sonic into a different direction, what could it resemble? ie, slapstick Looney Tunes? Action and shonen-ish DBZ? Simple but fun Nintendo? Story-driven and family friendly Disney or Pixar? Colorful and character-driven MLP? etc.

I'm conflicted; I feel like if they trying to gauge that information they would simply ask for it directly, because who I'd want to pair Sonic with in a crossover may not necessarily resemble who I'd want him to emulate in terms of general franchise direction. On top of that, this is apparently from the mobile survey. Would they really have that much influence on the Sonic side of things? Granted, the fact that they through franchises and brands like DBZ and Disney/Pixar in there which have been popularly used to compare Sonic too in narrative discussions simultaneously makes me feel a little dreadful. What if we end up with a MLP like direction later where it's basically Sonic Heroes for the next ten years except not written as badly? Lawd Jeebus.

• Thumbs Up 7

I could see this being for some kind of mobile game like the Angry Birds crossover. Nothing major though.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

What if we end up with a MLP like direction later where it's basically Sonic Heroes for the next ten years except not written as badly? Lawd Jeebus.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Teamwork is Magic

• Thumbs Up 6

13 minutes ago, Destructo-Dude said:

My Little Pony better not win, I mean really? Isn't it bad enough over the few years you had deal with constant fan art, pairings, Fanfiction, and fan vids everywhere on the Internet and I was sick of Sonic constantly being assiocated with MLP instead of something more suited for him.

No offense to any MLP fans here, I'm ok with the show and respect your interests but can we PLEASE leave ponies out of Sonic or atleast keep the Sonic cast away from MLP? I understand the characters have a few similarities but they just don't fit.

Even if MLP did win, I highly doubt anything would ever surface.  Hasbro has been overbearingly strict on MLP's writing direction lately, and aside from channel bumps and the MLP comics having very brief easter eggs of other characters, they've not expressed any level of interest in a crossover of any sort as far as I'm aware.  Part of me thinks they were only added to rile up drama and because dank memes and whatnot, because the chances of an actual crossover happening, even with similar franchises of similar demographics, is pretty slim, and I doubt Sega has anything pre-planned should MLP actually win.

6 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

What if we end up with a MLP like direction later where it's basically Sonic Heroes for the next ten years except not written as badly?

I mean, the plot would have more weight than it does currently... XD

Anyway, it's really hard to give a concise answer to the question when crossovers are a very circumstantial thing.  As the Mario and Sonic series shows, just because a crossover can work in some manners doesn't mean that it's an instant win.  Having wanted a Mario and Sonic crossover since I was, like, five or something, and then having that wish being granted in the most boring and, personally speaking, least appealing medium (a sports game) was a bit of a slap in the face to me.  If the question had more detail, then maybe I could answer?  But just arbitrarily listing characters doesn't really do anything for me.

• Thumbs Up 3