Awoo.

Sega wants to know who you'd like to see Sonic with...

Badnik Mechanic

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Hrm.

I don't think it's quite as straight-forward as that.

I think what they're trying to gauge here is the other interests of their demographics, moreso than trying to figure out what to cross-over with. Meaning, if they take Sonic into a different direction, what could it resemble? ie, slapstick Looney Tunes? Action and shonen-ish DBZ? Simple but fun Nintendo? Story-driven and family friendly Disney or Pixar? Colorful and character-driven MLP? etc.

Interesting. If this was the case, I probably would choose DBZ or Disney/Pixar because I definitely wouldn't mind Sonic to me like my Shonen Jump series, or to have another high quality story like Unleashed was that had like Pixar level of cutscenes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Also this survay is to pretty much scope of Sonic fans' opinions so I doubt any of these might happen besides Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

sonic_boom_episode_6___my_little_pony_re

That's just a silly question to ask, the ponies already exist in one Sonic universe!

If you want to get technical, Sonic has already crossovered with Disney in Wreck-It-Ralph and Ralph himself shown up in ASRT.

I doubt anything will actually come from this, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Disney characters"

"Looney Toons characters"

"My Little Pony characters"

how many hours have you been reading fanfiction sega

But in all seriousness, this really shows how detached SEGA is from the fans (if they're being completely serious). The only one that could fit is DBZ due to some of Sonic's elements being inspired by it. But even then...

I'm hoping the fanfiction.net community stays away from the polls.

EDIT: Also Capcom. Capcom's cool too.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

Why is there no option for none of the above? I despise crossovers so much.

"very not interested"

• Thumbs Up 1

"MLP characters"

Oh god no

PLEASE REFRAIN

Everyone else besides Nintendo and Capcom, not sure if I like the sounds of this

4 hours ago, BenderBR said:

How about a Crash Bandicoot game?!

Fixed

10 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

"very not interested"

That doesn't express my feelings strongly enough!

They could've made all of the options fitting, if it meant less options that'd be perfectly fine too.

There's no PacMan option, that's true disappointment there.

55 minutes ago, Dashman said:

"MLP characters"

Oh god no

PLEASE REFRAIN

4 hours ago, Destructo-Dude said:

My Little Pony better not win, I mean really? Isn't it bad enough over the few years you had deal with constant fan art, pairings, Fanfiction, and fan vids everywhere on the Internet and I was sick of Sonic constantly being assiocated with MLP instead of something more suited for him.

No offense to any MLP fans here, I'm ok with the show and respect your interests but can we PLEASE leave ponies out of Sonic or atleast keep the Sonic cast away from MLP? I understand the characters have a few similarities but they just don't fit.

YA KNOW WHAT YOU TWO... I agree.

While one part of my mind wishes that these two series I care for could work hand in hand, the logical part of it knows that it all working out would be a crap shoot at best. MLP actually cares about character development and story consistency. This series on the other hand... we haven't had a decent attempt at that since 2009. It would take an incredibly skilled writing team to make it work and that's a pipe dream for Sega at the moment.  An MLP and Sonic crossover just won't work with the given material.

Also, these animations are on a level I personally can never see Sega or Hasbro coming close to. They're enough.

Anyways, I'm still holding out for a proper Nintendo crossover game. It's the only thing on that list I'm eager to see happen. I guess the runner up would be a Sega Vs. Capcom game but I'm just so out of the Capcom scene that I really couldn't bring myself to care about any character on their side besides Mega Man and Ryu... both of which are already in Sm4sh.

i0jML8a.png

Honestly though I really doubt this means much. I'd be willing to see the Boom show cross over with any of CN's less-terrible shows (ie. Clarence, Steven, Adventure Time, Regular Show) but that's about all I've got. I hope they don't even do that anyway, since they'd probably force it in with Uncle Grampa, or Teen Titans Go, or the crappy new Powerpuff girls

• Thumbs Up 2

dbz and capcom are fine with me on paper i guess. with capcom, i guess sega could salvage sonic's repetition abit by pairing him with felicia from darkstalkers and go for romantic hinting between them if they can get capcom's ok for it(and i know that sounds strange but look more into the concept on paper)

i rather not see sonic/sega crossover with nintendo anymore. the only nintendo series i want to see it crossover is with fire emblem. its bad enough people say they want nintendo should buy sonic(when they can't even make a good starfox/metroid game. also being bothered to bring back domain ip that had a impact like f-zero.) but its stupid to think they won't come up with a shitty control gimmick that has nothing to do with innovation.

what about other sega series? sonic can certainly use a crossover with yakuza. it could work.

heres what iam thinking. as something subtitle and funny. how about a souls series crossover. from software made an ip for sega in the past and had the tenchu license with sega published atleast two games in the series. sounds like a plan to get sonic out of the mlp/nintendo auidance and get souls series fans on board.

To be honest, I don't really care for Sonic/Nintendo crossovers anymore.

Is there a point anymore? With Mario will just result in more Olympic games, series like Splatoon and Pokemon will probably just be mere cash grabs such as  DLC, cameos, Amiibos etc, I can't see more serious series such as Metriod and Fire Emblem happening, Zelda and Kid Icarus might have potienial, and the rest really wouldn't work too well.

I think the only Nintendo franchises I can see Sonic working well with are Donkey Kong, and Kirby (trust me on this one).

Just now, SonicEkkusu said:

I'm beginning to doubt that this survey is even real. How can only one person get this survey? It just doesn't make sense. There's also the fact that she says it's because she did the other survey, and other people that did the March survey didn't even get this one.

Im calling it now,it's made by the guy who runs the sonic social media page.

4 hours ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

Im calling it now,it's made by the guy who runs the sonic social media page.

Or if you actually took to the time to think things through, this is from the mobile division of SEGA.

Aaron Webber isn't the CEO, he only does the Sonic Social Media and Brand Management.

Can we please drop these nonsensical conspiracy theories, that's Sticks' shtick. 

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, sansy said:

Or if you actually took to the time to think things through, this is from the mobile division of SEGA.

Aaron Webber isn't the CEO, he only does the Sonic Social Media and Brand Management.

Can we please drop these nonsensical conspiracy theories, that's Sticks' shtick. 

But what if im crazy? What if Sonic was in a coma? Can you let a guy have fun?

22 minutes ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

But what if im crazy? What if Sonic was in a coma? Can you let a guy have fun?

You know what's not fun?  Ban-dodging.

This user has been banned once again for the above reasons.  Please direct conversation elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 4

Personally I wouldn't mind Sonic/MLP crossover, but movie special would be a better place for it than game. My only fear is response from the world, seeing how most people reacts here.

But most suggestions are just weird. Disney characters in Sonic game? And for which movie do I vote? What if I want Frozen, but not Lion King, or vice versa? Adventure Time is even weirder idea.

But of course all crossovers are rarely "Here's this amazing story I want to tell" and more "Let's suck money from 2 fanbases at the same time", so I always look at crossovers with suspicion. I still remember Worlds Collide and Unite.

16 hours ago, EdgyTheHedgie said:

But in all seriousness, this really shows how detached SEGA is from the fans (if they're being completely serious). The only one that could fit is DBZ due to some of Sonic's elements being inspired by it. But even then...

And that's the reason in it's favor? To highlight that we stole few ideas from DB? I though crossover should be about differences and putting heroes in new unique situation, not other way around.

• Thumbs Up 2