Awoo.

Sega wants to know who you'd like to see Sonic with...

Badnik Mechanic

Clearly Adventure Time is the only real winner here. In seriousness If there was any Cartoon Network show I'd love to see a Sonic Crossover on it'd be Steven Universe. The Crew's clearly full of Sonic fans.

On May 27, 2016 at 0:37 PM, Indigo Rush said:

Hrm.

I don't think it's quite as straight-forward as that.

I think what they're trying to gauge here is the other interests of their demographics, moreso than trying to figure out what to cross-over with. Meaning, if they take Sonic into a different direction, what could it resemble? ie, slapstick Looney Tunes? Action and shonen-ish DBZ? Simple but fun Nintendo? Story-driven and family friendly Disney or Pixar? Colorful and character-driven MLP? etc.

Yeah I have to agree here. This doesn't seem like a literal crossover, more like a direction based on these franchises. To that end, I rather it be either MLP or Adventure Time, because in some ways, SEGA already tried the Nintendo route (in terms of Lost World, and playing it safe) and the DBZ route (Super Sonic, Shadow to Vegeta and Silver to Trunks).

Actually, knowing Sega's tendency to just imitate popular things, it doesn't seem unlikely that they're just trying to find a roundabout way of asking "which series do you want us to blatantly rip off?"

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Tara said:

Actually, knowing Sega's tendency to just imitate popular things, it doesn't seem unlikely that they're just trying to find a roundabout way of asking "which series do you want us to blatantly rip off?"

More or less this, yeah.

I'm glad folks are avoiding MLP, but man I really do not want Sonic to go full-on DBZ.

I don't know why we're trying to second-guess the meaning of a question as straightforward as "what would you think of seeing these characters in a Sonic game".

• Thumbs Up 2

Asking which group of characters do you want to see in a Sonic game =/= which series do you want Sonic games to imitate next

• Thumbs Up 1

> Sonic Adventure

> Adventure Time

Thus is the clear winner here folks and Sonic Adventure 3: Sonic's Adventure Time in Ooo, anyone?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, AdventChild said:

> Sonic Adventure

> Adventure Time

Thus is the clear winner here folks and Sonic Adventure 3: Sonic's Adventure Time in Ooo, anyone?

No thanks. I love both series (...love first four and half season of AT), but they don't really mash together. Once "LOL, Sonic is in Adventure Time" factors wears down you realize they have nothing interesting to do.

7 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I don't know why we're trying to second-guess the meaning of a question as straightforward as "what would you think of seeing these characters in a Sonic game".

7 hours ago, Sonikku. said:

Asking which group of characters do you want to see in a Sonic game =/= which series do you want Sonic games to imitate next

When some of the characters listed have an almost 0% chance of ever happening, it's not hard to imagine them either putting them on the list to screw around or because their reasons for asking the question are different than what the question entails.

• Thumbs Up 4

Gonna have to co-sign the "character and plot adoption" theory.

So in that case, sign me up for some Pixar. If it means more charm, character design and dynamic, and modest plot like we got with Unleashed, but better, then I'm not complaining.

19 hours ago, Tara said:

When some of the characters listed have an almost 0% chance of ever happening, it's not hard to imagine them either putting them on the list to screw around or because their reasons for asking the question are different than what the question entails.

It wouldn't be a good look if they strait out said

" What type of theming do you want for sonic"

for a few reasons, that question is too complicated, it may look bad on those making it ect ect. So stealth questions used more as a suggestion box on where to go is easier 

You know what I'd like to see Sonic paired with? A good game. =P

Okay seriously though, I'd still be for a Mario/Sonic crossover platformer.

Still want Sonic to be in a good game though...=(

• Thumbs Up 3

I had a heart attack, I thought that SEGA was legit considering shippings. That's not nice Hogfather!

Any case, what's the point of a crossover if the main series itself doesn't have an established identity? I mean, it kinda worked for Archie that one time, but because that's partly because of the fact that the Archie Comics have a more cohesive sense of overall narrative than the games themselves do.

On May 31, 2016 at 2:59 AM, SSF1991 said:

You know what I'd like to see Sonic paired with? A good game. =P

Okay seriously though, I'd still be for a Mario/Sonic crossover platformer.

Still want Sonic to be in a good game though...=(

I think your asking for the impossible there Donnie. 

On a side note has anybody been able to find where this survey is? I keep seeing articles report this but no link to it.

On 5/30/2016 at 8:59 PM, Miru said:

No Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles option? No vote.

It's funny because his concept was based partially on them.

28 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

It's funny because his concept was based partially on them.

If you're basing that from the Console Wars book, I can't particularly say that's entirely fact unless Tom Kalinske himself said so. I mean I'm sure that the author tried his best to be as accurate as possible to real life events but it's not exactly 1:1 to what really happened unless there's an interview with Tom saying that the personality of Sonic back then was somewhat inspired by the Ninja Turtles, I would be careful with stuff like that (granted, the SA3 page has a unhealthy obsession when it comes to this sort of thing and it's unsurprising to say the least)

Please tell me you copied it before you filled it in....

• Thumbs Up 1

A kingdom hearts styled game with Sonic characters?.....

I'd hit that, but it'd probably hit me back with plot holes large enough to swallow all of existence.

Seriously though, did any one consider that odd Hello Kitty Xover item we just got? That sucker came out of nowhere. A crossover that no-one could have predicted, but the end result was something unique and positive. Perhaps there could be more room for crossovers on the merchandising front.

19 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Please tell me you copied it before you filled it in....

It links to the complete survey, but if you delete the URL to the final slash it leads you to the first page.