Awoo.

Sonic Rebirth[FANGAME]

PSI Wind

TSSZ News putted up a story of why Sonic Rebirth isn't out yet. Check it out at TSSZ News

What is Sonic Rebirth you ask? Its a remake of Sonic 1 filled with cutscenes, updated music, loads of extras(3 stages from the Master System version) and updated sprites.

Now excuse me, I got to go to bed. Post anything I missed please.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

God damn it, can't they make a proper trailer without the camera doing unnecessarily trippy effects that distract me from what's going on on the screen.

A remake of Sonic 1, huh? I'll pass.

Edited by Jake

Is there a download for this game?

Anyway, I love the idea of upgrading games from the 8 bit consoles to make them up to par with the Genesis games in terms of visuals and gameplay, as I always found the 8 bit games to not exactly be 'there' with the 16 bit games, mainly because of the smaller screen size and slightly different controls. This is one game I'm totally going to check out.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

God damn it, can't they make a proper trailer without the camera doing unnecessarily trippy effects that distract me from what's going on on the screen.

Funny thing about it though, near the end, the song says and I quote: "Leaving the Past behind you"..... :lol:

And you know Jake, I think I'm going to become "you" for this game in the sense that I'm the one of, if not the only one who is completely in love with this game while everyone else just shrugs it off, or in your case become utterly frustrated by it. :lol:

Call me when you have fun being bored in Scrap Brain Zone!

I fail to see how giant buzz-saws, torches, smog-filled air, deadly treadmills, rotating platforms, giant gears, electric generators, trap doors, giant spinning wheels and robotic pigs that throw cannonballs at you could ever be boring.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I have no idea Virgo. Works fine for me.

Due to the controls I've never been more afraid of spikes in a Sonic game.

Yes, I just noticed that it may be my sister's STUPID LAPTOP that can't do shit but piss itself and die. I swear this thing is the bane of my existence, and it doesn't help that someone else is using the good computer and won't be off untill the late afternoon. Fan-f*cking-tastic. >_<

*sigh* Oh well.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Caved in, gave it a try.

There's no reason to make this game play like total ass.

What the hell happened to the physics? Sonic moves like he has a ball and chain that is constantly swinging around his ankles, making him slow when you need to make precise jumping and taking much longer to speed up than before. Was this a tactic on the developers' part to make this game harder than it really is? Because that's backwards thinking. You want to make the game harder, you tweak the level design or something. Protip for developers: in a remake, don't make the game play worse than before.

Why replace the Special Stages? Now they're not fun anymore. And here I was expecting some glorious Mode 7 effects!

This is no different from any other average Sonic fangame release out there. Too bad.

Edited by Jake

I was actually enjoying this until the Marble Zone boss. It's literally impossible to beat. He flies way higher than the original, and the only way to hit him is to jump straight across into the fire attack on the opposite side in the process. Eventually you simply just run out of rings.

I fail to see how giant buzz-saws, torches, smog-filled air, deadly treadmills, rotating platforms, giant gears, electric generators, trap doors, giant spinning wheels and robotic pigs that throw cannonballs at you could ever be boring.

As much as it stays true to the classic, I was quite frankly bored. It was so PAINFULLY slow. Plus, it froze up on me after Green Hill Act 3. I dunno... It might be something with my operating system. Maybe I should play it on my granny's laptop.

As much as it stays true to the classic, I was quite frankly bored. It was so PAINFULLY slow. Plus, it froze up on me after Green Hill Act 3. I dunno... It might be something with my operating system. Maybe I should play it on my granny's laptop.

The game works just fine for me. And I like it. x3

I'm currently in spring yard and I've already ran into a large amount of problems already

-The unlock everything cheat was far too easy to work out

-Sonic's and Tails' jump height has been severly nerfed and you can no longer bounce off badniks as well as making midair enemies alot harder to tackle

-The characters seem alot slower than they are in Sonic 1 and sometimes have trouble making it over loops

-The marble zone boss flies far too high to the point of only being able to be hit at the very top of a non moving jump.

-In spring yard when you die the dieing sprite sometimes doesnt go off screen and you have to move it off the screen before you respawn. Sonic also occasionally flies off to the right when killed in this zone sometimes

-Tails has too much flight time before he gets tired

Edited by Blaziken