Awoo.

Sonic and Tails' friendship in SLW thread

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Just now, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Well I wasn't saying it eas anything special or impressive. Just that it had substance and passes without much complaint as opposed to what they did to Tails later.

Cool. So I guess give them a "It Didn't Suck" badge? And I'm not really seeing the substance, because at the end of it Tails was just there.

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

But guys, Tails built a TV out of paper clips and reprogrammed a computer with detergent and a toothpick. He told Sonic this.

Honestly the writing is just so hackey that I don't find it valuable to make a huge argument defending it anymore. obviously Tails' attitude is the elephant in the room with the story, but SLoW's problems range from poor pacing to nonsensical dialogue. I just appreciate the writers trying something different and attempting to add some character development. It didn't go like they probably thought it would, but they at least tried something, and that's more than I can say about Tails for any of the games post SA2. 

for me, SLW had the balls to do something with the main characters intsead of making them heroes in someone elses' arc

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sonikku. said:

for me, SLW had the balls to do something with the main characters intsead of making them heroes in someone elses' arc

... At least in the context of the main games. Nevermind that Black Night was 4 years prior.

5 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Cool. So I guess give them a "It Didn't Suck" badge? And I'm not really seeing the substance, because at the end of it Tails was just there.

The substance is him being useful in inventing the translator so that he and Sonic know what's going on in greater detail. Without it, Sonic would have likely (and still accidentally) destroyed Eggman's plan to make a mind control ray in space, but he wouldn't know why the wisps were being gathered nor would the wisps have as much weight to being around.

Basically, take away Tails creating the translator and its use, and Colors story would be a lot more worst that it wouldn't qualify for the "it didn't suck" badge. At lot of things risk becoming outright pointless.

Just now, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

The substance is him being useful in inventing the translator

Which did what exactly? The translator didn't find out anything that couldn't have been figured out by Sonic himself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Which did what exactly? The translator didn't find out anything that couldn't have been figured out by Sonic himself. 

You could say that for practically anything. That doesn't make it pointless.

And what exactly did Sonic figure out? While he knew the wisps were being captured as soon as he rescued the first ones before the translator was made, he never knew what they were being captured and warped into Frenzy Wisps for. Nor could he understand what Yacker was saying in detail, which wouldn't have added any sense of urgency, stakes, or logic to a lot of what was going.

Were it not for the translator, Sonic would just be running around ruining Eggman's plans just because he felt Eggman was being a bad guy even if we as an audience knew what Eggman was really planning. And compared to previous stories, I'm sure even you would find that very shallow. That translator basically added a motivation to what Sonic and Tails were doing and why, even if they were in the dark of Eggman's plans the entire time. You say that Tails was simply there to be there, but he and the wisps be even more there to be there without that translator, which as I said previously, you'd be better off removing Tails entirely without it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic could already figure out the aliens were in danger thus him destroying all the reactors. Also the translator was only there for comedic relief. 

13 minutes ago, Sonikku. said:

Sonic could already figure out the aliens were in danger thus him destroying all the reactors. Also the translator was only there for comedic relief. 

That wasn't my point. And I've already explained why that translator was there enough as it is.