Awoo.

Injustice 2 - Every Battle Defines You (PS4/XB1, May 16th 2017)

Junko

Build and power up the ultimate version of your favorite DC legends in INJUSTICE 2. With a massive selection of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains, INJUSTICE 2 allows you to personalize every iconic character with unique and powerful gear. Take control over how your favorite characters look, how they fight, and how they develop across a huge variety of game modes. This is your Legend. Your Journey. Your Injustice.

------------------------------------------------------

Injustice 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. Every battle defines you in a game where players personalize iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.

Looks like Superman, Supergirl, Batman, The Flash and Aquaman are confirmed so far.

• Thumbs Up 6

"Tell me. Do you bleed?"

"You all will"

That narration sounded like Ra's Al Goul to me.

Narration could have been Gorilla Grodd, his whole stick is that he gets better each time. That and Grodd voiced by Bryan Cranstan would be pretty cool. Also angry Red Ring guy! Really hoping for Captain Cold, although armor sounds like it could be easily abused micro-transactions which would be a bad thing. Well, shrugs not like I can get it unless it's a NX launch title(which I wouldn't rule out the last one did pretty well on wii-u. And no major third party has announced an official NX title since Nintendo's keeping them all under wraps)

Uuuuuugh I just know those RPG Gear items will lead to microtransactions and pay-to-win. I'll be surprised if it doesn't. 

Other than that. Eh. I liked the first one, quite a bit. But part of me wishes that they kept doing DLC for MKX for some extra time. But Gorilla Grodd is a 10/10 would buy. 

Wait, you guys, in the opening of the trailer, they showed signature weapons, like Aquaman's Trident, It also showed a Gun, a COLD gun(it was a rounded pistol, which is the classic look.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Red Hood might be in. It looked like Nightwing's armor at first, but it looks like whoever they are is wearing an helemet. Red bat symbol and helmet

Matches Arkham Knight's Red Hood

Nice to see Supergirl and Gorilla Grodd are in on the action. I really hope Static and Starfire are added as well. And if they could get rid of Batgirl and Bane, that would be great.

Ok, someone caught a high def pic, CAPTAIN COLD IS IN!!!!

vlcsnap-2016-06-09-02xrlrn.png

I am so in on this game if it comes to something I have. My sisters(and cousin) had a blast with the first one. Hopefully he's a major player in the story, real Snart(not CW) is in someways an evil Batman who focuses around one gadget and brings villains together.
  • Thumbs Up 3

30 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Ok, someone caught a high def pic, CAPTAIN COLD IS IN!!!!

I am so in on this game if it comes to something I have. My sisters(and cousin) had a blast with the first one. Hopefully he's a major player in the story, real Snart(not CW) is in someways an evil Batman who focuses around one gadget and brings villains together.

Nice! So I guess this means Killer Frost is gone.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Nice! So I guess this means Killer Frost is gone.

could be both, this is supposed to be the biggest roster ever for a DC fighting game, and we can assume somewhere between 65-90% of the original game's roster is returning since none of them have really dropped in popularity. Cold is more of a trap and status character

Also this game needs King Shark

I can see Reverse Flash, Professor Zoom, and Red Hood being added to the game.

"Each time I enter the pit, I emerge reborn."

Yeah, I'm 90% sure that's Ra's. It'll be interesting to see how these characters are going to play into the plot.

Have to say, I'm pretty excited for this. I enjoyed the first one quite a bit and think it's been a good length of time for a sequel. Though, I just hope the game doesn't end up looking too generic with that power suit idea. I mean, it'll probably be replacing those power pills they used in the first one to justify how heroes like Green Arrow could ever fight Superman 1v1 but the look of these characters is what defines them. To put them all in some varying color armor just seems to go directly against that.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

could be both, this is supposed to be the biggest roster ever for a DC fighting game, and we can assume somewhere between 65-90% of the original game's roster is returning since none of them have really dropped in popularity. Cold is more of a trap and status character

Also this game needs King Shark

So this means Batgirl and Bane have a chance to return? *Sighs*

4 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

So this means Batgirl and Bane have a chance to return? *Sighs*

well the mobile version had Cassandra Cain Batgirl

29 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

well the mobile version had Cassandra Cain Batgirl

Yeah,but one of the things that I hated about the original Injustice was that there were simply to many Batman characters. Especially when there were so many other more interesting choices from the ECU that could've been used other than the two I mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 1

IS THAT CRANSTON'S VOICE? Freaking awesome. Looks like we're gonna have armour suits gimmick this time around. Perhaps one for each level (level 1 armour, level 2 armour and so on)? Because Batman "transformed" twice! His second armour reminds his Beyond design, sooo goooood~

I wonder what's the story, the first one was pretty epic. Is there a second Injustice comic?

Edit: OK, I didn't read the text... oops. So the story is pretty much the same as the first, but with more villains? Eh...

Edited by Jango

The designs are ugly and the armor is dumb. I don't like RPG gear loot stuff, either.

Something curious, Ed Boon just posted this poll

(in case they don't show: Blue Beetle, Captain Cold, and Swamp thing)

Only thing is we saw the bio for Captain Cold already, and this poll is only active for a for day(heck it has a time limit), so what if it's a tease of a group of fan favourite characters they plan to announced this weekend? We already got gorrilla Grodd and Atrocious announced, and the actual E3 reveal hasn't happened yet. And all three of these would make for a pretty big reaction

Hey guys, so it's time for part one of Sequel Roster speculation, so time for the easiest part: Roster carryover. Now a thing the press releases have been emphasising is that it has the biggest roster of a DC fighting game ever. The original game ended with 29, which means 35 is probably the minimum.

So here's the complete Roster from the first game(ignoring mobile and costumes and the guest character) Split into known status for sequel

Confirmed:

• Aquaman
  • Batman
  • Flash
  • Superman

Core Characters:(Main Movie/TV/Justice League characters that are extremely unlikely to be cut)

• Cyborg
  • Green Arrow
  • Green Lantern
  • Joker
  • Nightwing
  • Harley Quinn
  • Shazam (Has a movie in development increases his chances)
  • Black Adam (shazam clone, and the Rock's a fan)
  • Wonder Woman

TV Side-characters:(major supporters, and have a higher chance of returning than they would without it due to higher awareness)

• Deathstroke
  • Hawkgirl
  • Martian Manhunter

Tag-Along Characters: (have a heavy association or iconiness that increases the odds of their return

• Ares (WW's most iconic villain, and she has a movie next year, highly reduces his odds of being cut)
  • Catwoman
  • Lex Luthor

Wildcards (Fan Faves, could go either way, Batgirl could be replaced by another Batgirl)

• Batgirl
  • Raven
  • Lobo
  • Zatanna

Most Likely cuts; 50/50 odds:(characters that may have been replaced, or mainly got in due to promotional reasons)

1. Bane (wasn't popular in the last game, nor a great representation, and Batman is likely getting less characters this time)
  2. Doomsday(could go either way)
  3. Killer Frost(despite showing up in the Flash Tv show, still isn't a super popular character from the first game)
  4. Sinestro(Attrocious is also a Lantern, and has a potentially more diverse moveset, however he may get back in due to his being basiclly a GL clone)
  5. Solomon Grundy (despite being a unique fan fave, is still a pretty standard character)
  6. Zod (Super Man clone, and we got Supergirl, and while a common villain, isn't popular or unique)

So 6 likely, 4 possibles that won't carry over, but a good chunk of the original roster seems likely to carry over. That puts us at 19-23 already, which means we have at least 12 slots to fill

And to round things off, Newcomers

Confirmed Newcomers:

1. Supergirl
  2. Atrocious
  3. Gorilla Grodd

Possible Newcomers

• Captain Cold[Extremely Likely](Bio is hidden in the first trailer, and is also in a poll put up by the main man at NRS; not confirmed, but may as well be)
  • Blue Beetle(in said poll, if CC is an indicator, may be in-game already)
  • Swamp Thing(ditto)

So there's Phase 1, now to start speculating, and don't be afraid to go indepth on your arguements.

I'm going to give a single wildcard right now

Cheetah(female Iconic): Wonder-woman villain, veteran of the original DC fighting game, been around quite a while, and would be fun to see an agile animal based villain to counterpoint Gorilla Grodd

Interesting :) very happy about Supergirl.

I'd like to see Ra's al ghul , Black Canary, Captain Cold, King Shark, Grodd, Darkseid, Katana, Atom, Deadshot, Enchantress, Red Hood, Vixen, Firestorm, Brainiac, Dr. Manhattan, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold

From the last game I'd drop Zod, Bane, Grundy, Batgirl, Black Adam and Ares

bring back everyone else 

The only characters i want to return are Nightwing, Deathstroke, Lobo and Zatanna. I'm fine forma all the others.

I also hope this time around the PS4 version will get Cole McGrath ad a guest; che fits the superhero themes and had a comic book run made by DC.

Honestly, most of us really don't want guest characters.. unless they are from DC owned brands like say Hannera Babara like Spaceghost, or popular COMIC labels like say Spawn.

So something curious was spotted, a developer in an official T-shirt that isn't available yet

NUdjbfy.jpg

Now, each of those are representing a character, and of them 5 represent known in-game characters(left to right from upper corner)

1)Aquaman,2)Batman, 4)Supes, 5)Flash, 9)Attrocious(/Green Lanter/Sinestro(?))

now 3 and 6 are Wonderwoman and Harley quinn respectively.

Now 7 and 8 are the interesting ones, since they can't be anything other than Doctor Fate and Captian Cold... Which mean they are both in-game! So as if the evidence wasn't already enough for CC we are now up to

2 Highly Likely Newcomers:

Dr Fate

Captain Cold

and if everything correlates, 2 also likely newcomers

Swamp thing

Blue Beetle

Boy is this all quite interesting, also we get our first footage Saturday!

If anyone wants, MOTOBUG can stream the reveal live?