Awoo.

Injustice 2 - Every Battle Defines You (PS4/XB1, May 16th 2017)

Junko

On 6/16/2016 at 2:08 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The gear things are gonna be a fucking microtransaction thing. I watched gameplay where they were unlocked and each item gives stats like 5% more damage during transitions. 

As far as we know they are all unlockable in-game, and are supplementry to the costumes in the full game. You're jumping to conclusions

Also character moveset breakadown

2 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

As far as we know they are all unlockable in-game, and are supplementry to the costumes in the full game. You're jumping to conclusions

Also character moveset breakadown

I'm jumping to conclusions? Shall I even mention MKX's micro transactions? What's stopping them from going further with this nonsense?

20 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm jumping to conclusions? Shall I even mention MKX's micro transactions? What's stopping them from going fierher with this nonsense?

Wasn't the main one in MKX easy fatalities which weren't a nescessity, and kinda contrary to really playing the game? Also they've confirmed in-game loot drops for the gear, which means it may take a while but you can get it all without spending a cent(and spending money will only speed things up) Also in multiple modes you can't even use the gear. Also the story is built in part around this aspect which means you'd have to unlock some in that mode.

22 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm jumping to conclusions? Shall I even mention MKX's micro transactions? What's stopping them from going fierher with this nonsense?

Were they that much of an issue though? Easy fatalities (which affect nothing) and unlocking everything in the crypt (which can be done in game anyway).

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Athena Cykes said:

Were they that much of an issue though? Easy fatalities (which affect nothing) and unlocking everything in the crypt (which can be done in game anyway).

It was still the beginning of the microtransaction system in their games, and now Injustice 2 has an model that can be easily exploited for this business model. I can see it now

"Come on everyone! Just £7.99 to gain access to 11 of these S.T.A.R Labs armor vaults!" 

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It was still the beginning of the microtransaction system in their games, and now Injustice 2 has an model that can be easily exploited for this business model. I can see it now

"Come on everyone! Just £7.99 to gain access to 11 of these S.T.A.R Labs armor vaults!" 

But if it doesn't affect anything in the long run, literally what does it matter?

And even then, the game is gonna be moderated for ranked/competitive play.

Just now, Athena Cykes said:

But if it doesn't affect anything in the long run, literally what does it matter?

What it matters is if these armor pieces do give massive benefits, then if someone were to spend enough money on a potential microtransaction, it means they have a massive foot up against an opponent.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

What it matters is if these armor pieces do give massive benefits, then if someone were to spend enough money on a potential microtransaction, it means they have a massive foot up against an opponent.

2 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

Just now, Athena Cykes said:

And we don't know if monitored specifically means monitoring used armor pieces.  

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And we don't know if monitored specifically means monitoring used armor pieces.  

Yes we do.

One of the questions that has been fresh on the minds of fans since the reveal of the gear system in Injustice 2 is, "How will the gear system affect competitive play?"

Ed Boon isn't shy about sharing his thoughts on the importance of the competitive scene, and both he and the rest of the NetherRealm Studios team have us in mind.

Boon alludes to game modes where players can step into the ring customization-free. When asked about how gear will be handled in competitive play, he states: "We are absolutely going to have mode of play that is kind of like a normalized, even level playing field."

EDIT: Further clarification.

Just a short while ago, Ed Boon revealed on GameSpot’s E3 Live stage show that there will be a special “level-playing-field version” of Injustice 2 that will get rid of any Gear upgrades and modifications for tournament play. He explained that, in a setting where you want to reward skill, you don’t want “someone coming in with a level 50 Superman against a level one Batman” as it allows competitors to win based on their equipment, rather than their ability.

Hopefully, this will bridge the gap between the casual and competitive audiences for Injustice 2, as players can enjoy fighting online with their super-powered level 50 Gorilla Grodd while serious tournament players can compete without the worry of being beaten by a Supergirl who can take off an entire health bar with a single punch. There is no news on whether there will be a special online mode where Gear is also disabled so people can practice for tournaments, but we can hope Ed will announce this during the continuing coverage of Injustice 2 throughout the week.

The bolded part is a thing that needs to be clarified, however.

• Thumbs Up 3

Fair enough, but I still plan to remain cautious about it.

Also, they need to add tag teaming to Injustice 2.

Game looks legit. Gonna be one of the first PS4 games I buy. I just hope they do something about those ugly-ass health bars.

• 2 weeks later...

Well hopefully we'll get some news at EVO, so Why don't we continue on character speculations, so for part 1 of newcomers, lets do

Characters with recent awareness increases (It's been 4 years, and 3 tv shows later, and a number of characters have reintroduced in the comics and brought in on the TV shows, and the Flash's supporting cast especially) Pick 4 (Mine is mainly based on TV angle since I'm not heavy on DC comics)

1. Vibe: Now a major player in the comics, and has a support role on the Flash. has a unique move-set and the honor of being an Flash deterrent
  2. Silver Banshee: Always Supergirl's arch-foe, and think what you will of her portrayal on the show it did establish her in the general audience, is a female villain with a unique teleportation and sonic moveset, and has a decent comic fanbase. This is a case of good coporate synergy
  3. Firestorm: always a medium tier comic character, and again corporate synergy and unique moveset helps
  4. LiveWire: Yes I know, 2 from the SG TV show, but she's a special case since she was introduced on the Superman cartoon and has a following from that combined with comics and a new show. Lowest on my list and not high odds.
  5. Bonus: Captain Cold: Basically confirmed at this point, highly popular in TV and comics, and unique use
  6. Bonus: Martian Manhunter: A DLC Return, big enough to get a DLC slot, and he's second hero on the Supergirl tv show, no reason he doesn't make the starting roster

• 3 weeks later...

We got Blue Beetle and Wonderwoman(who actually looks like a Woman this time

Now we really need that Captain Cold reveal

Edit: Also!

https://twitter.com/jake_108/with_replies

Costume changes will change your character altogether. I.e Power Girl costume for Supergirl. Tons of cameos featured via costume upgrades.

Maybe we'll get Ted Kord Blue Beetle, that'd be pretty cool

Also

Likely to see surviving cast from first game in #Injustice2. #SDCC2016 #XboxOne #PS4 #SDCC16 #DC

https://twitter.com/jake_108/status/756585883726385152

Gamescom in Germany will be next big reveal. #Injustice2 #SDCC2016 #XboxOne #PS4 #SDCC16 #DC

https://twitter.com/jake_108/status/756585565517217792

Likely to have a #MortalKombat character in #Injustice2. #SDCC2016 #XboxOne #PS4 #SDCC16 #DC

https://twitter.com/jake_108/status/756583744492929024

Tournament mode will have gear and mods disabled to keep things even. #Injustice2 #SDCC2016 #XboxOne #PS4 #SDCC16 #DC

https://twitter.com/jake_108/status/756587073813917697

When's gamescon?

Yeah, at this point Hal Jordan might as well be confirmed back as the main Green Lantern with all the other main human holders as alternate costumes (so maybe we may get Kyle Rayner this time, thanks).

Also, calling right now the MK character to be Sub-Zero: i find unlikely for Scorpion to return, so i went to the second most known guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Estinienskaven said:

Yeah, at this point Hal Jordan might as well be confirmed back as the main Green Lantern with all the other main human holders as alternate costumes (so maybe we may get Kyle Rayner this time, thanks).

Also, calling right now the MK character to be Sub-Zero: i find unlikely for Scorpion to return, so i went to the second most known guy.

Cept they already have a cold centered character if Captain Cold is indeed in-game(which he likely is)

Yeah, sorry but no. I still think that Wonder Woman model looks fucking awful. Like seriously, the biggest flaw of the Injustice series seems to be it's character models, to the only point I think the only female character that actually seems to have a decent character model is Insurgency Harley. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

So we got 2 character reveals last month, newcomer Deadshot, returning Harley

What's curious is the implactions she may be going Joker level crazy, maybe surrogate and no Joker in this game? Also she now has Hyenas.

Now we've been getting monthly reveals so far, so I guess that begs the question when will be the next one? and when will we finally get to see Flash and Captain Cold in action? Also in regards to Dr Fate, I wonder whether he'll be paired up with a newcomer or a vet. If a vet, my guess is a DLC vet, either MM or Zantanna.

• 3 months later...

So we get news after 3-4 months of silence and it's just a combo tutorial for a character we have known from the first teaser and has been already played at events? Not a good sign.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

So we get news after 3-4 months of silence and it's just a combo tutorial for a character we have known from the first teaser and has been already played at events? Not a good sign.

Or keeping the hype stuff for a good start to the new year, or they've got something big planned for the next day or two. Personally I'm hyped for the eventual Captian Cold reveal

• 2 weeks later...

ooo fun, anybody else got their fingers crossed for another character reveal at the switch presentation