Awoo.

Injustice 2 - Every Battle Defines You (PS4/XB1, May 16th 2017)

Junko

Really pissed that Black Manta is just a stage transition guy. 

I hope they add Darkseid this time around. And Killer Croc, or Azrael. Azrael was great in the Arkham series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Wisp -No. 19 said:

Really pissed that Black Manta is just a stage transition guy. 

I hope they add Darkseid this time around. And Killer Croc, or Azrael. Azrael was great in the Arkham series. 

Eh Black Manta hasn't been confirmed either way... or he could be a costume for Aquaman.

Personally hoping for Cheetah, Star Sapphire, and Vibe

Can't wait for Captain Cold to be revealed

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Eh Black Manta hasn't been confirmed either way... or he could be a costume for Aquaman.

Not a big fan of costume-only characters. Sans John Stewart Green Lantern, because that one actually worked. 

5 hours ago, Wisp -No. 19 said:

Not a big fan of costume-only characters. Sans John Stewart Green Lantern, because that one actually worked. 

Injustice 1 had voice swaps, and with the gear system all you'd really need to make him Black Manta is the Eye special, which could replace a standard special

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, new trailer

Darksied confirmed as preorder bonus, Brainiac is the villian. Stealth confirms of Poison Ivy and Bane. Robin confirmed. The official site now has 31 slots, which mean 30 characters outside of darksiede. Still no Switch confirmation, but no deconfirmation either

Yai, more Batman characters. Good to see almost nothing was learned from the previous game's feedback.

Also, normally i'm fine with most DLC practices, but even i have to say that Darkseid being the pre-order character is a dick move for WB. Have at least the decency to put someone mid-relevant but not vital, like Starfire or Larfleeze.

• Thumbs Up 2

also it appears that there will be 3 versions of the game you can get...

chrome_2017-01-17_11-27-46.png

• the normal version (with super-killer on the cover)
  • the digital deluxe version including 3 dlc fighters in the purchase (and the powergirl skin we were told about...) and a shader pack for coloring your gear (we are going to have to pay for most of these aren't we. e-e)
  • and the ultimate BATMAN edition includes 9 dlc fighters (9 characters that hopefully aren't a part of that 30 character roster.) powergirl,john and reverse flash premier skins (those better be a lesser price then the brand new characters) and the Destoryer and defender shader packs
  • Thumbs Up 2

Eh, still no sign of a PC version. Odd seeing as NetherRealm is usually pretty good at releasing them in line with the consoles. Hell, even the creative director went on record a while back to say that a PC port is all but inevitable. I'm guessing WB is still pretty hesitant in terms of PC releases after the shit show that was Arkham Knight...

I terms of a Switch version, I'd actually be interested in seeing that happen too. I mean, their creating a mobile app version of this game so it's not like the Switch wouldn't be able to run its infrastructure or anything. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens as we get closer to release. I wouldn't mind playing it on PS4... but I'd much rather have a decent PC port or even Switch version.

Though, I can't say I'm too keen on those different versions. I don't mean the covers as I couldn't care less about that kind of stuff but something about announcing DLC plans this far out seems a bit off to me. Also, holding a character like Darkseid at pre-order ransom? Seriously? I hate it when companies do this as it feels like they have 0 faith in their product and need to get people in on it in any way possible.

4 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

Yai, more Batman characters. Good to see almost nothing was learned from the previous game's feedback.

You have a point here as there are quite a few other characters I'd like to see too beyond Batman but... Batman does hold, arguably, the best characters in the entirety of DC. It makes sense that they're pulling more of them from there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Arguable; Superman, Green Lantern and Flash have an equal amount of support and villanous characters. The main difference is that Batman's are just more popular.

That being said, i don't mind Poison Ivy too much, but seeing Bane again is a buzzkill for me; if you wanna bring the Bat villains, do more rotation, like Mr. Freeze, Prometheus or Rash' Al' Ghul.

Also, the color variation for the customization components makes me fear of microtransactions so much; if they were present in MKX, i can almost guarantee  they will be back with a vengeance here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say they're more popular because most of these characters exist in media forms well outside the comics and, therefore, both have a wider audience appeal and a more developed background in most places. Though, I guess that's both a positive and negative thing considering that maybe these spots should go to other characters in order to give them more spotlight and a chance to grow...

I also fully agree on the Bane thing. Like, I don't really have a problem with the character himself being in but seeing that they're going with the venomed out version of him again does leave me wishing someone like Mr. Freeze was in instead. I love Arkham Asylum and City to an unreal extent but man did they mess over Bane. Now it's the only version people ever want to use. I much prefer him in Origins where he actually had a character outside of a drugged out, angry muscle man.

I'm hoping that bane gets an improved moveset because last time he personally felt very bare bones as far as combos go. granted the fact that bane should be a skillful fighter in the first place is why I'm not as bugged about him showing up as a playable character. that said though considering that Damian wayne is showing up as robin (I mean I don't remember any other robins that used swords)Image result for injustice 2 robin

It would be nice to see ra's al gul or mr freeze (granted if captain cold is going to be playable then I'd rather let freeze be a premier skin for him) otherwise outside of joker and red hood I'm not seeing too many other batman characters that should be added.

also the prices have been revealed

• 59.99 for standard (figured I'd list it here for comparision sake)
  • 79.99 for digital deluxe
  • 99.99 ultimate edition

On 1/17/2017 at 10:41 AM, kirby1up said:

also it appears that there will be 3 versions of the game you can get...

chrome_2017-01-17_11-27-46.png

• the normal version (with super-killer on the cover)
  • the digital deluxe version including 3 dlc fighters in the purchase (and the powergirl skin we were told about...) and a shader pack for coloring your gear (we are going to have to pay for most of these aren't we. e-e)
  • and the ultimate BATMAN edition includes 9 dlc fighters (9 characters that hopefully aren't a part of that 30 character roster.) powergirl,john and reverse flash premier skins (those better be a lesser price then the brand new characters) and the Destoryer and defender shader packs

"(9 characters that hopefully aren't a part of that 30 character roster.)"

ROFL! I'd love to see that actually happen. But at the moment I just can't. I'm absolutely assuming the roster listed on the website includes all those characters. I hope I'm wrong.

So I just realized something that may spell certain doom for any hope of a PC version. I don't pay that much attention to other fighting games so I didn't know that MKX's release on the PC was apparently a bigger shit show than Arkham Knight. Even now after all the patches it, apparently, still isn't that good and WB has seemed to have stopped supporting it completely. At this point, I really wouldn't be surprised if WB decided to stop releasing on PC entirely. I guess they would find it better to give up rather than risk the PR blow of another bad port.

I hope WB won't stoop that low and actually put some effort into a port again (like we've seen them do with Shadow of Mordor and Arkham City) but I won't be surprised if we just don't see a PC release this time around. I guess I won't be too bent out of shape seeing as the PS4 version was apparently running at 60fps back at E3 so it shouldn't be too much of a loss.

Beta is live, Here's a trailer for Robin for you guys, he has a sword now

I watched the livestream, biggest confirmation is that there is indeed additional premium skins in the game

Oh and hhuuuuuggggeee amount of customization options... I really want this game, but I'm doomed unless it comes to switch(or pc I guess)

In case you're wondering about the sword, read the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Damian is the son of both Batman and Talia 'Al Ghoul; the sword was hers and when she died it was kept as a memento. I guess in this continuity Damian after being Renegade decided to embrace his mother's combat style.

The super move looks a bit weak, but overall it seems a fun playstyle. Just, between this and Deadshot, i'm pretty sure now Deathstroke is not gonna come back (unless he's one of those alternate skins, in this case for Deadshot).

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Black Canary is in!

Also something curious is the lack of captian cold's cold gun in the company scroll, why take that out... unless he's up next

Nice to see Black Canary made the cut. Also on the website we now have artwork of Robin, Poison Ivy, Brainiac and (sighs) Bane. Looks like we're gonna have too many Batman characters again.

I was actually thinking she was likely to be the next character reveal. So glad she's finally been confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheetah and catwoman confirmed, along with Ivy gameplay

Now just waiting for the reveal of my man captain Cold!...

6 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Cheetah and catwoman confirmed, along with Ivy gameplay

Now just waiting for the reveal of my man captain Cold!...

I kinda feel like maybe they're waiting for Cold's return on Legends of Tomorrow before showing him off. It was a similar thing with Black Canary. Thy announced a character reveal, and it was Black Canary, not long after the Arrow episode Who Are You where Katie Cassidy returned

Spoiler

as Black Siren. Then they introduced a new Black Canary to take over the mantle in the next episode.

Just a hunch that's what they might be doing. Other characters like Doctor Fate might be more likely in the mean time.

11 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

now take this with a bit of a grain of salt but...

It's the mobile version, which is real, however Catwoman has completely different looks than the game, so it's not an exact one for one

• 2 weeks later...