Awoo.

Injustice 2 - Every Battle Defines You (PS4/XB1, May 16th 2017)

Junko

Is it just me or are things in the graphical department still looking a bit... rough. Like half of the facial models just look flat out bad. Not to mention that I had to do a double take of the trailer initially because that screen cap they use for the title card looks like it's from the mobile version. I mean just look at Batman. It's like his textures never loaded in.

What's worse is that we're starting to get so damn close to release that the idea that it's still a "work in progress" is becoming less and less reasonable.

Seriously, the character models in Arkham Knight looked better/ had more detail and that was an open world game released around 2 years ago. With this being a fighting game (where character models are usually one of the most visually important things)... what's their excuse for getting so many of them wrong?

• Thumbs Up 3

So uh. I don't get it. Is this meant to be another alternative universe? A prequel to the first Injustice? A sequel? It doesn't make any kind of sense. They're building this up like it's the first time Superman's gonna be a villain, with him and Batman being on seemingly shaky ground but still allies, him threatening Supergirl, and other things, but then we have supposedly Damian (which speaking of which, fucking boo for not having the proper Nightwing) as Robin who is directly working with Batman (Something that was made explicitly clear in Injustice 1 was that Batman and Damian practically hated each other's guts now). Does this mean the long-running and pretty damn excellent Injustice prequel comics are non-canon now?

Honestly, if this turns out to be the normal universe, then I'm still gonna call bullshit, because even in that universe, Superman learned exactly what would happen if he allowed that to happen to himself. He even stopped Regime!Superman. So why the hell would he suddenly go evil and do the exact same thing? It makes no sense whatsoever.

54 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So uh. I don't get it. Is this meant to be another alternative universe? A prequel to the first Injustice? A sequel? It doesn't make any kind of sense. They're building this up like it's the first time Superman's gonna be a villain, with him and Batman being on seemingly shaky ground but still allies, him threatening Supergirl, and other things, but then we have supposedly Damian (which speaking of which, fucking boo for not having the proper Nightwing) as Robin who is directly working with Batman (Something that was made explicitly clear in Injustice 1 was that Batman and Damian practically hated each other's guts now). Does this mean the long-running and pretty damn excellent Injustice prequel comics are non-canon now?

Honestly, if this turns out to be the normal universe, then I'm still gonna call bullshit, because even in that universe, Superman learned exactly what would happen if he allowed that to happen to himself. He even stopped Regime!Superman. So why the hell would he suddenly go evil and do the exact same thing? It makes no sense whatsoever.

They announced from the start that its a direct sequel to the original Injustice some time later, mostly focusing on the Injustice universe (Earth-2?) characters (though if the leaks are legit, some characters will come from other universes again). One trailer shows Superman still in chains, for example. Black Canary left to another universe in the prequel comic, but she's come back now. I'm not sure why Damien Wayne stopped being Nightwing and decided to take up the Robin mantle again.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/injustice-2-release-date-trailer-gameplay-news-characters-story

“Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime.

In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.”

• Thumbs Up 2

we've seen what supermans side looks like in shattered alliance part 1. now to see how batman's side of the story will play out in shattered alliance part 2 (and boy did we get a lot of surprise apperances in this trailer)

• Thumbs Up 1

Captain Cold!

bildschirmfoto94xly3ponw.png

Hopefully he has a more classic option for the face gear. also ice gernades confirmed! one of those semi general things I always thought was really cool

So I thought this was a legitimately new character reveal, and wasn't part of the leaked roster. I just don't recall Firestorm being listed. Nope, he was on it as well. Ugh. I obviously just missed him.

Still a cool reveal nonetheless.

well speaking of that leaked list I've been keeping track of which characters haven't been shown in console gameplay and well its almost out of characters to reveal

Spoiler
  • scarecrow (already got shown in the mobile version)
  • black adam (I think the actor that will be black adam in the dc cu was going to have an injustice 2 character revealed by him)
  • Mr. Freeze (he could be a captain cold skin but who knows)
  • power girl/john stewart (we have seen the zoom skin get used in a story cutscene last trailer)
  • joker (returning character so i'm guessing his move set won't be too different. a shattered alliance part 3 trailer could likely be when he will show up)
  • captain cold (i'm pretty sure he will get a reveal trailer either before or after scarecrow)
  • darkseid (he will be a release dlc character so I can see him get some trailer action)
  • brainiac

I don't know much about marketing but i'm pretty sure they will run out of characters to reveal long before the game releases if this is all they have left. unless of course they are hiding some characters we don't know about.

also just listened to black canary's interactions with superman. it appears the comics are canon to the story after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, a in-game unlockable Ronnie-Raymond skin is so obvious it's not even funny. Also I agree on the train of thought that there's more in the game than the leak, in fact I think the leak may only be for the mobile game.

On 2017年3月13日 at 3:03 PM, CrystalStorm51 said:

Firestorm has been revealed. Here is news with a video to show.

http://wwg.com/2017/03/13/injustice-2-firestorm-confirmed-first-gameplay-footage-emerges/

His moveset is as generic fire guy as it gets. While I'm not familiar with the character at all, I'm pretty sure he has nuclear powers as a whole, not just fire manipulation.

Either way, I can't really say I'm looking forward to the game anymore. Between the expected GOTY version with all the excessive DLC included down the road, the again boring Batman wank roster and the in my opinion abysmal "realistic" + overboard armored artsyle, I don't see myself getting it for more than 15 bucks.

Here's Firestorm's offical trailer (showcasing also a bit more Green Arrow):

The only thing that disappoints me a bit (wich seems to be same for a couple of other characters) it's his super move. I've noticed a pattern and it seems that NS when out of ideas says "alright, simple combos, the opponent get lifted in the air and then smashed by two objects summoned by the character".

and we have a trailer for the secret society I mean supergirl's tragic story. also black adam

Spoiler

any ideas as to why braniac's robot are blue and red colored both on krypton and earth?

On 3/30/2017 at 10:21 AM, kirby1up said:

it's the villain trailer you've been waiting for!  brainac and joker not included.*

Did they get someone new in to make the trailers cause gd man, this was well done! It even got me excited to see Bane again. Though, I am loving all of the designs here (especially Scarecrow like damn I thought his Arkham versions were the freakiest he could get). I guess if the model doesn't have a full on face it'll look ok. Also, I have to say @Mando-Whirl-Wind, you were right. Captain Cold does look pretty sick. XD

Though, I am still a bit miffed at the complete lack of PC version. I'm fine with the PS4 version since this game is reported to run at 60fps there but damn... I wanted this looking as great as it possibly can. What's worse is that it's probably coming but they'll pull a Rockstar and release it long after the other versions are out...

...along with the inevitable full edition...

Man, I know I should wait this one out but I'm dying to play it now.

I played a demo of Injustice 2 at Gamescom last year, seemed like it built on a lot of what made Injustice 1 good (I liked the first one, but there was something about it gameplay wise that felt a bit bare bones for me? I dunno). I think the gear changes might add a level of depth that would fill that gap.

Scarecrow looks pretty damn awesome in that new trailer, as well. :D 

13 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Did they get someone new in to make the trailers cause gd man, this was well done! It even got me excited to see Bane again. Though, I am loving all of the designs here (especially Scarecrow like damn I thought his Arkham versions were the freakiest he could get). I guess if the model doesn't have a full on face it'll look ok. Also, I have to say @Mando-Whirl-Wind, you were right. Captain Cold does look pretty sick. XD

Though, I am still a bit miffed at the complete lack of PC version. I'm fine with the PS4 version since this game is reported to run at 60fps there but damn... I wanted this looking as great as it possibly can. What's worse is that it's probably coming but they'll pull a Rockstar and release it long after the other versions are out...

...along with the inevitable full edition...

Man, I know I should wait this one out but I'm dying to play it now.

Yep, Captain Cold is going to be solid, and is totally getting his own story chapter. The bio reveals he joins the Society simply to pursue revenge for the rogues. Who Superman killed. Which is the worse possible thing you can do, since the rogues have a no kill code unless you severely cross the line, and are basically the Central City's defensive B-team. Although it makes me wonder if he may actually be working with Batman... or believes that Batman has now crossed the line

They did a mini-trailer for captain cold and he looks like a blast!

• Thumbs Up 1

So we've got Shattered Alliances part 4!

Everybody thinks Catwoman is the mole, but not only is that too obvious, but every story beat from the first game pointed to rejected rogue catwoman. My bet is on Cold

Cold seems to have his own agenda; form what i remember the Regime pissed him off during the first game's story bit (forgot if it was in a log or in the comic), so he's aiming at killing Superman personally. He has been a Flash villain since, well, ever, so i don't see him working with someone allied to his arch-nemesis, especially since Professor Zoom is also working with Grodd's faction.

I'm betting more on Deadshot: he has always been a mercenary, and someone with a big fortune like Batman would be logical to hire him to be a double agent.

On another note: in his doctor clothes, Scarecrow reminded me so much of Faust from Guilty Gear.

1 minute ago, Teoskaven said:

Cold seems to have his own agenda; form what i remember the Regime pissed him off during the first game's story bit (forgot if it was in a log or in the comic), so he's aiming at killing Superman personally. He has been a Flash villain since, well, ever, so i don't see him working with someone allied to his arch-nemesis, especially since Professor Zoom is also working with Grodd's faction.

I'm betting more on Deadshot: he has always been a mercenary, and someone with a big fortune like Batman would be logical to hire him to be a double agent.

On another note: in his doctor clothes, Scarecrow reminded me so much of Faust from Guilty Gear.

Deadshot basically has a gun to his head from Grodd due to a detonator in his skull. Yes Cold is a Flash villain, but he(and the Rogues) are defenders of Central City as well(and the Rogues joined the Insurgency in the comics). He's always an Anti-Villain.

• 2 weeks later...

well here are some character trailers that have been released

also I forgot to post about this but during one of the watchtower streams they went ahead and showed off a bit of reverse flash.

Knock knock, it's Braniac, and wants everyone and especially Superman fucking dead.

Good lord, the female models still look really awful. The brief glimpse of Catwoman looks even worse than Injustice 1.