Awoo.

Quake Champions(PC)

Klinsy

Guess bringing back DOOM wasn't enough.

A new Quake game has been announced at Bestheda E3 conference, much like past installments, it's a first person shooter but this time is the focus is online multiplayer, so play with as much as your friends as you can! It's tradition. 

More details are due to be announced at Quakecon.

Now, when are we getting a revival of Chex Quest?

• Thumbs Up 1

Was at work when I saw this. I was initially amazed. "Was the holy ID-Trinity finally complete?" I asked myself. 

No..it wasn't. I saw the "Champions" subtitle and felt my excitement sink. A new Quake game done in the same vein as Quake 3: Arena. Nobody has been asking for that. Why did we not get a Campaign? Either something very sci-fi involving the Strogg? Or the more gothic-cthulhu vibe of the original?

What a waste! :/

Eh, honestly didn't really care about Quake's singleplayer outside of the first game. I imagine this is why Doom's multiplayer ended up being so meh, they were working on this.

Found a new interview today, it gives me some hope:

Main things to take from it are...

• It isn't a MOBA
  • All classic Quake modes including 1vs1 are available
  • Weapon pick ups and map control still vital part of the meta
  • Possibly more focused on Team vs Team for e-sports
  • No way its going to get released for consoles, for maximum performance and capabilities, no consoles handicapping the game
  • They will be taking opinions from veteran/pro quake players, some testing it themselves 
  • 120hz unlocked fps- strafe/rocket jumping and air control all key to the meta
  • Classic arena style quake game with the addition of champions

I'm cautiously optimistic, main concern being how these "champions" affect the game. Still have Unreal Tournament 4 and Quake Live to satisfy that arena shooter itch.

• Thumbs Up 1