Awoo.

"Resident Evil 7: Biohazard" Resident EVill, "Eh See what I did There?"

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

The seventh Resident Evil installment comes and it's heralding VR!

thf0insa4sw1zdfyi9la.jpg

The new first person horror game of the Resident Evil series

Ck4MR4gW0AAtFwN.jpg

Demo is going up for PS+ Users tonight!

More details from cap com. ..

Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking place in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate.

• Thumbs Up 3

So are none of the iconic characters going to be playable this time around, or show up? Is it just going to be a "you the player" kind of situation?

The cleverness of both using the Roman numeral in the game title and using both regions names just swapped depending on said region are nice touches.

• Thumbs Up 3

I was freaking out and really scared throughout the duration of the guy walking around in the house and nothing even happened.

This game is not for me but it looks really amazing at the same time, what a CONUNDRUM I AM HAVING

I guess if my dad gets it I'll just pop in if my mom and him have funny reactions to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

As a huge Resident Evil fan, this looks like every second horror game. I'll play the demo but it seems too much like PT to me-- which was great, but not what I want from this series. This is not going back to the roots at all.

At least there's REmake 2 for me to look forward to. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, this honestly isn't feeling all that RE-e. I mean it's scary looking don't get me wrong, but doesn't look or feel at all like what Resident Evil is. And it doesn't seem as ambitious(?) as the other titles. Like this seems like it's gonna be a smaller game, even compared to some of the older titles.

• Thumbs Up 3

Plot twist: at the end it's revealed we were controlling either Ada Wong or Claire (with convenient amnesia or something).

This (And GoW) really soured Sony's conference for me. I wanted a shake-up in gameplay for Resident Evil after playing 6, but not this. This just seems like another PT clone. They even released the demo in the same way. 

I do appreciate that it's less action and more adventure, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah I'm GLAD I'm not the only one who thought this demo was NOT what RE is. Resident Evil is NOT walking Dead or PT or Silent Hill. Resident Evil is NOT a serious game. Resident Evil was always a campy, insane, out of control and fun game series about super heroes saving the world from evil companies trying to take over the world... with BIO WEAPONS. - not just boring zombies that take over the world in a nonrealistic way. Why nonrealistic you ask? Cause if you think about it.. how does a virus take over the world in one night like in Walking dead or any other " realistic " zombie movie.- Plot twist they DON'T. RE is actually more realistic as it was when it was crazy. Cause the government there like in reallife STOPS the viruses. 

I hope this gets changed cause it's not what classic RE was and people asking this are just asking for Walking dead or PT and need to go play those games and leave capcom alone.

Demo is fucking awesome. 

Yeah it's like the PT demo. Erm so what. It is a masterpiece in itself. Really atmospheric. Littered with secrets really scary and there's a huge sense that there's more secrets hidden within this game than it first appears.

Why the hell is this topic not full of people asking about that finger?

3 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Demo is fucking awesome. 

Yeah it's like the PT demo. Erm so what. It is a masterpiece in itself. Really atmospheric. Littered with secrets really scary and there's a huge sense that there's more secrets hidden within this game than it first appears.

Why the hell is this topic not full of people asking about that finger?

Why can I never agree with you lately on anything lol?

We've gone on record to say the game is atmospherically creepy and from a technical standpoint pretty good. We just don't really think it's what RE was built on, and it doesn't really carry much of the classic charm of it. It seems more like a spinoff kinda thing than the next big numbered title. They didn't have to go a completely new route to be creepy or get people to buy it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought the lukewarm reaction to The Evil Within, and the warm response to the remasters, would have been a huge warning to Capcom that the current Resident Evil formula needed changing. TEW certainly was a Resident Evil game, but it didn't do much in the way of scaring me or my brother which is pretty damning. 

And the PT formula is a good way to refresh the old Resi Evil formula, getting that paranoia and tension of being in an enclosed space with little resources to new heights thanks to first person. It's not original, sure, but it's probably going to come with a health warning on the box thanks to VR, which is super cool. 

9 hours ago, KHCast said:

We just don't really think it's what RE was built on, and it doesn't really carry much of the classic charm of it.

So fucking what!? 

It's a fantastic demo, it does pretty much everything right. Who the hell cares if it's different? Resident Evil 4 was a really big change from 1-3 + Veronica. Nobody complained then and it's not like other studio's are not doing the same, God of War for example.

1 minute ago, Detective Hogfather said:

So fucking what!? 

It's a fantastic demo, it does pretty much everything right. Who the hell cares if it's different? Resident Evil 4 was a really big change from 1-3 + Veronica. Nobody complained then and it's not like other studio's are not doing the same, God of War for example.

People don't like it with God of War 4 either, people have been complaining a lot.

2 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

So fucking what!? 

Quite a lot care apparently. 4 still retained a lot from the original RE world despite its differences, people could distinguish it as RE pretty simply. So far not seeing much that connects this outside some small story bits and nods. But no, I shouldn't have preferences, and should be okay with what's given despite my personal views. Cause we in the Sonic community totally do that right? People that had a problem with boost sonic? So what if it was different and not that persons cup of tea, or idea of how sonic should play, they should like it because I like it!

and gow4 is getting negative discussion. I'm not really into gow so am not in the know about what, but I've definitely seen some negative chat about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

The seventh Resident Evil installment comes and it's heralding VR!

thf0insa4sw1zdfyi9la.jpg

The new first person horror game of the Resident Evil series

"She's back..."

Could it possibly be Natalia (Alex Wesker)?!

I'm not ever going to play this game in VR, because aside from not having the money for a headset, I value my life and I am not dying at 28 years of age from a VR-induced heart attack. Speaking of, I really hope that VR games like this will come with major health warning labels, because there's a real capacity in them to do harm. Didn't the E3 demo there cause vomiting or something from users?

I may well get the game for regular PS4, though. I hope the story isn't utter dogshit like it has been these last two games, though.

Spoiler

z0nwquwbb4mjdch9wavk.gif

Yeah no, no VR for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

The thought of playing this in VR is nauseating.

When it comes to this game, and one hand I think it looks pretty sweet, and I like the feel of pt a lot. On the other hand I thought the demo was way too short and  first person re is way weird.

I don't think it being a pt rip is bad. Silent hills isn't getting made so it's nice someone wanted to carry the torch, so to speak

No thanks. Played the demo for 12 minutes and it just didn't suit my style. So this hardcore Resident Evil fan who even got Operation Raccoon City (not getting Umbrella Corps) isn't gonna get Resident Evil 7... and much the same as a lot of my friends and other people I know.

I mean, I wish it success because it really is a good looking demo/to be released game. It's just not something I'd play.

I'm not sure I understand where people are coming from when they say the REVII demo feels different from classic RE. I mean yeah, the first person mode is definitely new but I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. Let's compare the things that tie it in with other Resident Evils:

• It's a return to form with classic suspense action. Throughout my time playing through that house, I was always a bit on edge even if unwarranted. The sounds were just spoopy.
  • The theme of a biohazard is still present. If you look at the table and several areas around the house, it's obvious a biohazard outbreak has occurred.
  • The mystery and intrigue, as well as puzzles, make a return in this iteration. The player is thrown into unknown circumstances for being in the wrong place at the wrong time not unlike Leon Kennedy the rookie cop in 2. Puzzle solving allows them to escape with mixed results.

I actually really like the direction this new game is going. Although I'm going to miss the classic heroes, they have become somewhat super inhuman machines that have seen it all by this point. By introducing these new guys, I get to finally cheer for a character that doesn't have super strength to break rocks with their fists or so experienced that new threats hardly phase them.

Although it doesn't have a traditional zombie creature, zombies aren't what make RE RE. Zombies are biohazards created from an outbreak. The series is about viruses and infections and the dangers of an unchecked company with dangerous assets. If anything, this game is giving me a strong Resident Evil 4 vibe with that plagas cult.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll just leave this here cause I believe this explains why a good chunk of people hate RE7's new take on the series. 

As far as my own opinion, I feel like screaming cause NOW it seems like everything I always said- because I defended and STILL defend RE6- is now being heard by bigger people in the fanbase.

• Thumbs Up 1