Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Still hoping for a tougher Pinstripe boss fight this time around!

Oh thank heavens they have hopefully made the jet-pack levels easier to control... I remember my brother raging hard at those levels and I'm betting that it was partly due to the controls. They did feel a bit too floaty for my tastes too.

Yeah, after replaying Cortex Strikes Back last month I have to agree. Those Jetpack levels certainly are a mess, so it's nice they're fixing them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Huh, I figured Pinstripe was already mutated in the cage given the human-ish hands, yellow eyes and the part of the label cut off by the angle ending with "o". Although that does bugger up some creation order theories, since that would mean Pinstripe was made before Crash. 

And yay more cutscenes!

What's the matter with the Skylanders engine? For what I saw of it, it's a pretty beautiful and crisp engine. What people were expecting, Unreal?

All changes mentioned are great!

3 hours ago, Jango said:

What's the matter with the Skylanders engine? For what I saw of it, it's a pretty beautiful and crisp engine. What people were expecting, Unreal?

All changes mentioned are great!

I think people might've been slightly worried because Skylanders' engine is more used for top down gameplay, rather than from the back platforming. I think it's going to be good regardless, others might be worried the engine isn't designed for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

But...the Skylander games have had 2D segments since at least Swap Force, they're not going in blind on adapting the engine to other vastly different play styles for platforming even if the back-of-character angle isn't as common. 

Wait. I think you guys are confusing engine with gameplay. You can create any sort of gameplay using any engine. The engine runs the game, it has nothing to do with how the game plays. See our friend the Hedgehog Engine. It was designed to generate dynamic lightning, it has nothing to do with gameplay, as Sonic Unleashed itself has two VERY different gameplay styles. An engine is more "attached" to what the system can do/process, than physics and such. These can be tweaked as much as they need to... and you can hear from the interview that these guys are 105% commited to deliver the closest to the originals gameplay, movement, weight and feeling. #trustVV

BONUS EDIT: Dan said they're always looking at NeoGAF and Redit to get exactly what the hardcore fans want. And they certainly saw/heard that there's a HUGE demand for Crash Team Racing, MAYBE even more than the platformers. I see people everywhere saying that their favorite is actually CTR. Even people who didn't even play/like Crash Bandicoot that much, love CTR, because hell, it is INCREDIBLY fun.

Believe me when I say that a CTR remastered would sell over millions units. Let's hope N-Sane Trilogy does really well and Vicarious Visions/Sony/Activision go through and remaster CTR. And later on, green light a brand new Crash. ❤

• Thumbs Up 6

My hope is that by Crash doing well the original Spyro trilogy will IMMEDIATELY follow.

As in, no other thoughts for anything else whatsoever, just SHOVING the Spyro trilogy out next in glorious current/next gen quality.

Screw anything else... I NEED my Spyro trilogy remastered/rebuilt like Crash!

Yeah, I agree. I'd love to see the original Spyro trilogy meticulously remade like this.

But until then, I'll be content with just Crash.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

My hope is that by Crash doing well the original Spyro trilogy will IMMEDIATELY follow.

As in, no other thoughts for anything else whatsoever, just SHOVING the Spyro trilogy out next in glorious current/next gen quality.

Screw anything else... I NEED my Spyro trilogy remastered/rebuilt like Crash!

It might happen, since Spyro's rights also belong to Activision... Crash got lucky because people all around the freaking internet wanted his return, and what a well deserved one. Both Sony and Activision (finally) saw the potential and now we have this :D

Spyro might not be as popular as Crash, but I would be lying if I say that the first 3 games aren't incredible, especially Year of the Dragon, my God that game is gold.

Back to Crash, since VV is adding intros and outros to the bosses and also expanding the original cutscenes, I hope they give Coco an explanation to... be. Because Crash 2 starts and she's just there. Even the manuals don't explain her backstory, she is basically: "Crash's smartass hacker sister". She was obviously mutated by Cortex at some point. Would love to see these stuff, even if it's just a little easter egg, like the Pinstripe's cage in the new intro.

• Thumbs Up 5

At the very least, this might give the opportunity to get further depth out of things than there ever was in the originals.

Like, Pinstripe being there already is a really good start, because him being made before Crash implies that Cortex overlooked him for the role of being a general in favour of focusing on Crash, and I wonder, in that scenario, if that would play into his future dynamic with Crash, and subsequently if they might use that as a jumping point for better justifying the original excuse given for Tawna's absence in 2 and 3 in-game. 

• Thumbs Up 6

If that is what this is implying,  then good on the devs for putting that forward allusion to Pinstripe and Twana's relationship. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god crash 2

someone, hold me

Those screenshots gave me game nostalgia feels I didn't think I was capable of these days.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

C4l_oOeWIAEUz4M.jpg

C4l_oOiW8AAKXQt.jpg

here's some more.

If i have to be extremely nitpicky, the atmosphere of the temple sidescrolling level seems a bit too much... bright. One of the things of those two level was that it had a special lightning shade, i think to indicate sunset (hell one of the two levels is called Sunset Vista)

sunset+vista+prototype.png

The reamke's screenshots make it feel as if it's in the middle of the day like the other stages, i dunno. Maybe it's just a thing of the alpha state.

Reguardless, the quality itself is amazing, no questions there.

On 14/02/2017 at 5:53 AM, Grimoire Teoskaven said:

If i have to be extremely nitpicky, the atmosphere of the temple sidescrolling level seems a bit too much... bright. One of the things of those two level was that it had a special lightning shade, i think to indicate sunset (hell one of the two levels is called Sunset Vista)

sunset+vista+prototype.png

The reamke's screenshots make it feel as if it's in the middle of the day like the other stages, i dunno. Maybe it's just a thing of the alpha state.

Reguardless, the quality itself is amazing, no questions there.

Just would like to point out, the screenshots we're seeing are from the beginning of the level, where Crash is at the bottom of the ruins, it's only once you get to the top of the ruins that the sunset view and shading become visible

On 14/02/2017 at 6:30 AM, KHCast said:

I'm assuming the time of day transitions as you progress.

Actually that's the temple level from Crash 2, the Crash 1 levels are during day, the 2 ones are during night.

Also ya'll missed this screenshot :U

C4mA0R0WYAIcN-Y.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Nolan North was also the last voice actor for Dingodile technically, but since it was in such a small capacity (the DS-exclusive Crash of the Titans boss with him), they might gun for the guy before him, Dwight Schultz. 

If the Komodo Bros. do get voice acting due to extra cutscenes, I hope at least one of them is Steve Blum. Joe's CTR voice is similar to one of his trademarks, and he's been in the series before (as Crash, weirdly enough). 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=830536928743219200

SO, for those who don't know, Coco's original voice actress will be reprising her role in the N. Sane Trilogy!

Well technically she isn't, Vicki Winters voiced her in 2, Debyberry's voiced her for so long after though she's pretty much the definitive voice.

I wonder if Coco will get any speaking bits in Warped. Also wonder how she and N. Gin will sound after hearing how much Lang and LaMarche tried to replicate the originals.

The screenies look nice, still not completely sold with Polar and the Komodoes though. Still waiting for a screenie of Coco.

• Thumbs Up 1