Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Wait, why are we blaming the kids again? Last time I checked, it wasn't kids who went up to them and told them they'd rather see the Crash Dance censored. 

• Thumbs Up 9

6 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Wait, why are we blaming the kids again? Last time I checked, it wasn't kids who went up to them and told them they'd rather see the Crash Dance censored. 

Was it not stated they had to tone it down. Why else would they tone it down. Oh surly adults wouldn't faint from seeing this. No no its cause they don't want someone younger to see it which in turn would cause a outcry on tumblr. Or the latter with parents upset Thier kids look at this. Hmm in that case parents could be to blame you. But then I loop around and ask. Why tone It down

Guys, guys, easy. It's okay. Crash's back. Crash is love. Crash is life.

BTW, I swear to God I'll scream if I turn the game on, and see a remake of the classic Crash 3 / CTR intro sequence, now voiced by Lex Lang.

Sony Computer Entertainment America presents.......

I would totally do it if I was the game's director haha This is like the PEAK of Crash nostalgia. Those intros give me chills.

• Thumbs Up 4

New art revealed!

lilwbgw-1.jpg?w=1200&h=

It's a remake of the original cover art!!!

crash-bandicoot.jpg

Edit:

Also, WIP cover art \o/

HYYHmyx.gif

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 8

Just pre-ordered my disc copy via AmazonUK.

It's already proving a best-seller:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sr_bs_1_videogames_1

Interesting that the Amazon.com listing states "Standard Edition" implying there will be a special/collectors edition perhaps.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=Crash+Bandicoot+N.+Sane+Trilogy

I loved this ^^^^ It's priceless.

BTW, the release date on PSN haven't been updated yet for me. But then again, I bought from the brazilian PS Store, which usually takes a few extras days to update...

10 hours ago, Motwera said:

Mmmm, what do we have here? A new screenshot? You never say?

Trying to think of the stage this screenshot is from. Maybe; The Lost City or Sunset Vista?

It's amazing how good is the in-game model, they did a superb job. It's the Naughty Dog model in HD, no more, no less. No different proportion (like the Skylanders' model, although that one was heavily based on the original concept art instead of the PS1 model) and no weird additions, like tattoos and shit. The few additions they made, like the shorts' cord (I believe it makes it now a beach shorts, instead of a jeans shorts), are great. EVEN THE FUR LOOKS GOOD HERE, and some unlucky Xbox owners might remember a rather laughable attempt at giving Crash realistic fur. ?

I say this "convertion" to HD is just as good as the Classic Sonic in Sonic Generations. In fact, I think it's even more faithful.

Can't wait for this, I need demo ASAP.

As for the level, I like the lightning a lot, the upper part, when you can see the red sky and the other islands silhouettes, should be looking amazing. If I had one criticism, is that I think the art dude went a little overboard with the grass prop, it looks a bit too much... it might even make it hard to see the ground properly. But that's kinda it.

3 hours ago, EllieBot said:

Trying to think of the stage this sceenshot is from. Maybe; The Lost City of Sunset Vista?

Going by the red lighting and with what I mentioned in an earlier post, I'd say Sunset Vista.

I expected as much. Smaller branches like that are far more prone to making these kind of mistakes.

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

That's dumb of them then.

Dumb of who?

Sony, for not securing it as exclusive. 

I mean it makes sense from Activision's perspective, but really Sony. 

Timed exclusive then? Well, we know which version will sell more, but holy shit, this will sell even more now. Now I'm imagining a CTR remake with online cross-platform play (like the PC-PS4 Rocket League)!!!

I also think it's kinda dumb of Sony not securing a total exclusivity, but the other versions are going to be ports... Which doesn't inspire much hope, since this is Activision.

And since the PS4 version is the main version, it will most likely have exclusive bonus, maybe the original games as an unlockable (these can not be published in other consoles).

26 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

It's a timed exclusive, though. Why spend the extra money for it to be a full exclusive? I doubt it'd make a huge difference.

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Timed exclusive then? Well, we know which version will sell more, but holy shit, this will sell even more now. Now I'm imagining a CTR remake with online cross-platform play (like the PC-PS4 Rocket League)!!!

I also think it's kinda dumb of Sony not securing a total exclusivity, but the other versions are going to be ports... Which doesn't inspire much hope, since this is Activision.

And since the PS4 version is the main version, it will most likely have exclusive bonus, maybe the original games as an unlockable (these can not be published in other consoles).

I've asked this before but why do folks want a CTR remake instead of a new installment that can use levels from CTR as retro courses? 

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Admittedly we were all thinking the same thing about Crash Bandicoot even returning because of that factor.

Also, what's the point of trying to put the potential ports down like that anyway? :U

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

We don't know if Activision even offered such option to them, and how much they'd have to pay for that, knowing them, probably an absurd number.

Eh don't mind about it not being exclusive, honestly, the more people playing this the better.

Didn't Sony specified in one of the early interviews that this project was a collaboration between them and Activision? I could see them allowing to be on PC too (same thing that happened to Street Fighter V), but not on a lot of other platforms.

• Thumbs Up 1