Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Oh wow!

Look at all this drama about exclusivity, it's fucking nothing!

Seriously though, I have been flip-flopping about this (and have been wrong before, don't take every word I say figuratively about predictions) for a while and it seemed uncertain that the remakes would come to other platforms but I did had this suspicion assuming it's a timed exclusive, this even goes all the way back in E3 where someone discussed the very same thing, take a look (Part 1 - Part 2)

I am still awaiting further comments from Activision's PR comment if they even bother stepping in to remedy this ordeal (which I think they won't, as always)...

-----

Speaking of Special Edition...

There's this Special Limited Posting on Amazon Italy 

AND The remakes are playable at GDC 2017, so we might get some news there

Agreed. I only gave that last response because I don't like people putting words in my mouth. Again, I never said going multi-plat is bad (or a sin, like I saw some people saying in other places) and certainly didn't implied anything either (and even then I was called a fanboy). If someone took that from my posts, congratulations, you have nothing better to do. Sorry if I've offended anyone.

Back on topic, yeah, I hope Activision clear up that matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Jango said:

What case? lol If you want the sales numbers, go look it yourself, I don't need to back up anything. It seems to me that you took it to a personal level, like "how dare you say the other versions will be shit? :U"

I know you don't mean to offend,  but you've taken that the wrong way as well. 

I've got no stake in exclusivity here,  the first reply was me interpreting your post which admittedly seemed to come off as just an attempt to boast the PS4 version as some ultra super definitive version,  apologies if that isn't the case. 

The rest was me debating and pointing out logical fallacies, faulty points,  and factual errors like trying to claim that 6th gen,  a generation where Nintendo weren't the weakest hardware never happened or forgetting such was the case, by claiming that they've always been the weakest. 

I don't care for console wars,  I'm just debating the point of why some people go apeshit over this possibly being a timed exclusive. 

Like @Motwerasaid, it's needless drama. 

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

I know you don't mean to offend,  but you've taken that the wrong way as well. 

I've got no stake in exclusivity here,  the first reply was me interpreting your post which admittedly seemed to come off as just an attempt to boast the PS4 version as some ultra super definitive version,  apologies if that isn't the case. 

The rest was me debating and pointing out logical fallacies, faulty points,  and factual errors like trying to claim that 6th gen,  a generation where Nintendo weren't the weakest hardware never happened or forgetting such was the case, by claiming that they've always been the weakest. 

I don't care for console wars,  I'm just debating the point of why some people go apeshit over this possibly being a timed exclusive. 

Like @Motwerasaid, it's needless drama. 

I know dude, I'm sorry again. Yeah, it kinda does, but that was my speculation because it's almost 99% confirmed that the base version is the PS4 one, and since Sony revealed this game (at E3) as a partnership with Activision, there's a big reason to believe that this version will be the "definitive". I even gave the example as having the original games as unlockable in this version because this is a thing they couldn't, even if they wanted, to do in other consoles. And see that this suggestion of mine isn't anything major, like "oh God this way it feels like my Xbox version is incomplete". To me is more like a treat to those who bought the original games on the PS1 and helped Crash become the icon he is today.

As for the 6th gen, yeah, my fault.

But hey, while we were arguing all that nonsense:

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B06W2M3124/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1487783722&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=crash+bandicoot+PS4+special+limited

Special Edition listed!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jango said:

I know dude, I'm sorry again. Yeah, it kinda does, but that was my speculation because it's almost 99% confirmed that the base version is the PS4 one, and since Sony revealed this game (at E3) as a partnership with Activision, there's a big reason to believe that this version will be the "definitive". I even gave the example as having the original games as unlockable in this version because this is a thing they couldn't, even if the wanted, to do in other consoles.

As for the 6th gen, yeah, my fault.

But hey, while we were arguing all that nonsense:

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B06W2M3124/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1487783722&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=crash+bandicoot+PS4+special+limited

Special Edition listed!!!

Now that's news I can celebrate to in spades! franziska-bow.gif

26 minutes ago, Jango said:

Remember that WIP from last week? I made my own "remaster plus" cover, inspired but no less than the original cover art from 1996!

PROMO_zps0ino8up3.jpg

PROMO2_zpskqfgfhy8.jpg

CRASH%20COVER%20mockup_zpsbgco6eyo.jpg

I've photoshop together pieces of official artwork (and some print screens from videos on YT), in order to remake it as close as possible to the original.

The hype is real. YES.

I must admit that I admire your Levels of enthusiasm regarding this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, KHCast said:

Essentially this is just another situation akin to KH3, cool that it's multi-plat, but most will  give the PS version the most attention undoubtably. (Though I'll laugh if this ends up just on Xbox One,PC and PS like RotTR)

I will say it's kinda weird Sony wouldn't try fighting for more exclusive games. Every time there's a title that hypes up people on that system(FF7,KH3,Crash,etc.), it ends up multi-plat unless its Shenmue 3 or horizon. They only seem to do timed lately, which is strange since the other companies just do flat out exclusive titles.

What the hell are you talking about? What about Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2 and Nioh? PS4 is still getting proper exclusives.

Other companies? Yes Nintendo has of course a whole library, but what proper exclusives does the Xbone have?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, pppp said:

What the hell are you talking about? What about Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2 and Nioh? PS4 is still getting proper exclusives.

Other companies? Yes Nintendo has of course a whole library, but what proper exclusives does the Xbone have?

Off the top of my head...

Fable, Halo (biggie right there), Gears of War (although didn't it also have PC ports? Eh), Forza, Dead Rising, Sunset Overdrive...?

That's honestly all I got.

1 hour ago, TCB said:

Fable, Halo (biggie right there), Gears of War (although didn't it also have PC ports? Eh), Forza, Dead Rising, Sunset Overdrive...?

The only XBone exclusive mentioned there is Sunset Overdrive. The others either have PC versions or in the case of Fable are cancelled.

3 hours ago, pppp said:

The only XBone exclusive mentioned there is Sunset Overdrive. The others either have PC versions or in the case of Fable are cancelled.

Oh that's what you were looking for by Xbox exclusives. Well OK.

10 hours ago, pppp said:

Most of those I'd argue are niche titles that the larger audiences won't care that much for when looking at exclusives, or just aren't nearly as promoted.(save for Last Guardian, and even then.) I'm not saying PS has none(though I wouldn't be shocked if they have the least out of the 3 companies), but lately, whenever Sony have a huge opportunity on their hands to get a system seller, it seems to usually slip by. They likely could have secured KH3 and FF7, and due to their assistance with SFV could have probably did something regarding MvCI. And I'm positive if they got down to the nitty gritty possibly could have secured the Crash remakes. Not that I care theyre multi plat, that's cool. Just, looking at it from a business perspective, lots of missed opportunities from what I see

5 hours ago, TCB said:

Dead Rising 4 and Crackdown 3 as well. 

3 hours ago, pppp said:

That's not entirely true. Forza Motorsport 6 is only on PC as a free-to-play game (5 isn't on it at all, but whatever) and Halo 5 only has a Forge mode on PC, last I checked. As for Gears of War, while 4 is an Xbox One/PC game, the only other Gears game to get a PC release was the first, way back during its launch.

Anyway... Crash! I'm still loving what I see, and can't wait to get my hands on it. Whether it's timed-exclusive or whatever, I'll still be going with the PS4 version, since I have no idea if/when I might get a Switch.

23 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Most of those I'd argue are niche titles that the larger audiences won't care that much for when looking at exclusives, or just aren't nearly as promoted.(save for Last Guardian, and even then.) I'm not saying PS has none(though I wouldn't be shocked if they have the least out of the 3 companies), but lately, whenever Sony have a huge opportunity on their hands to get a system seller, it seems to usually slip by. They likely could have secured KH3 and FF7, and due to their assistance with SFV could have probably did something regarding MvCI. And I'm positive if they got down to the nitty gritty possibly could have secured the Crash remakes. Not that I care theyre multi plat, that's cool. Just, looking at it from a business perspective, lots of missed opportunities from what I see

Dead Rising 4 and Crackdown 3 as well. 

First, Nioh is selling great, so no, not a niche title. Your comment basically amounts to "The games that I'm personally excited about are not exclusives therefore there are no PS4 exclusives." Not to mention the fact that Sony is willing to take risks and allow Japan Studio to create these really creative and innovative games like Last Guardian and Gravity Rush even if they won't necessarily be big hits, is something that is commendable.

As for PS4 having the least exclusives, that's mathematically incorrect. Those 2 games you mentioned have PC versions so they don't count as Xbone exclusives:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-rising-4-coming-to-steam-very-soon/1100-6448110/

http://www.pcgamer.com/crackdown-3-is-coming-to-pc-but-not-until-2017/

PS4 has Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Gravity Rush 2, Last Guardian, KH2.8, Ratchet and Clank, Knack 2, and other games that either out or coming eventually.

The Xbone has Sunset Overdrive, the Forza series and Halo 5, and some games that according to you are niche so by your logic Xbone has it worst:

http://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one

55 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

That's not entirely true. Forza Motorsport 6 is only on PC as a free-to-play game (5 isn't on it at all, but whatever) and Halo 5 only has a Forge mode on PC, last I checked. As for Gears of War, while 4 is an Xbox One/PC game, the only other Gears game to get a PC release was the first, way back during its launch.

Anyway... Crash! I'm still loving what I see, and can't wait to get my hands on it. Whether it's timed-exclusive or whatever, I'll still be going with the PS4 version, since I have no idea if/when I might get a Switch.

Just checked, my bad you're right. Didn't know about the PC versions of Forza and Halo being limited. My point still stands though, the PS4 has far more exclusives than the Xbone.

A game selling well doesn't always indicate it's not niche, merely that the company budgeted well and made their money back. Not sure if nioh is making AAA expected kinds of revenue or Dark Souls 1 kinds. 

And no, the titles I listed ARE massively hyped. much more so than something like nioh which I wasn't even sure what it was until looking it up a week or so ago. A better title to honestly use to say exclusives aren't dead for Sony would be Zero Horizon. 

Sony taking risks isn't the issue, it's great that smaller games can work under Sony. I just see little lately to warrant someone new to pick up a PS4. I mean Microsoft is promising more exclusives this and next year, and Sony hasn't said peep. I'm a Sony dude, but from what I'm seeing, business wise, they could probably do a bit better regarding system seller IP's both old and new.

and I never said they had the least exclusives? Just that if they did, it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of their exclusives are never really promoted or are niche Japanese titles. Having exclusives means jack if most of them get no substantial promotion. Most, not all.  (I'd also point out Rare replay, Titanfall 1, PvZ, Killer Instinct, Rise, Castle Crashers in favor of Microsoft.)

Both have exclusives, it just seems Sony doesn't advertise theirs nearly as much as the other two. And even if some of those ms games are on PC, they're still noticed first usually as Microsoft properties with all the promoting they do 

44 minutes ago, KHCast said:

If the special edition doesn't come in a Crash crate, I'll riot.

rise-of-the-tomb-raider-20-year-celebrat

I'M THROWING MY MONEY AT YOU VICARIOUS VISIONS!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

The special edition will be delivered in a gigantic Crash crate and the only way to break it open is by spinning into it.

I know Sony has the technology, stop holding out on us.

And it comes with ten fresh Wumpa Fruits! But you have to bounce on it ten times in one go to get them all.

8 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

And it comes with ten fresh Wumpa Fruits! But you have to bounce on it ten times in one go to get them all.

What if they get rotten and that would just squish them into mush and-

*not realizing he's ruining the joke*