Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

It seems....kinda weird doing just a remaster, as opposed to a ground-up remake with games as old as these. Still, I'm waiting to see footage on these remasters.

6 minutes ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

Ah so according to this press release, Activision will be the ones remastering the collection, not Sony.

They plan to launch, no word "developing" was used... I think they are just publishing with Sony, which makes it a PS4 exclusive. The greater question is who's making it... damn, so many questions, so few answers.

Oh, and Naughty Dog must be involved on this somehow... I think?

Ah so according to this press release, Activision will be the ones remastering the collection, not Sony.

Launch, they don't say "develop". I think they are publishing with Sony, which makes it a PS4 exclusive. The greater question is who's making it... damn, so many questions, so few answers.

You don't need to publish your game with Sony to make your game exclusive to Sony.

And that's the thing. We STILL don't know who's developing it. Which screams just a FFVII type game.

The press release also says remaster. A number of times, so it's not a remake.

5 minutes ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

And that's the thing. We STILL don't know who's developing it. Which screams just a FFVII type game.

Not really seeing the logic behind this analogy.

From what I've read, the toy is PS3/PS4 exclusive at launch.

Emphasis on ''at launch''.

The article also says: collection. So I guess they are coming together, which is nice, I can start with Crash 2, my favorite!!

Oh man, buy this, guys. BUY THE SHIT OUT OF THIS. So they will make that CTR we want so much and a new game for sure!

Anyways, it's either this:

Jak-and-Daxter-Collection_PS3_US_ESRB-fi

Or this (the best option):

23685667493_20c84151f8_z.jpg

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Ah, so they're pulling a Disney Infinity Boba Fett and Hulk on us where they're on Playstation first? Okay. I can wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really seeing the logic behind this analogy.

You announce a new game, and you don't tell us who's developing it? Can you please point to a remake/new title that didn't tell us from the beginning who developed it?

Also another thing I found out: ALL of these three games will be released next year. So they're definitely not remakes.

We know Square is developing FFVIIR. Nomura is like the head in charge of development. So yeah, what's the comparison?

• Thumbs Up 1

We know Square is developing FFVIIR. Nomura is like the head in charge of development. So yeah, what's the comparison?

We had a reveal trailer for FFVIIR. It has Square's name on it. No trailer for Crash (not counting Skylanders). That's the difference.

Yeah, but there was never a time when people asked if Square or Sony were developing FF7R. We always knew it would be Square.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

You announce a new game, and you don't tell us who's developing it? Can you please point to a remake/new title that didn't tell us from the beginning who developed it?

Also another thing I found out: ALL of these three games will be released next year. So they're definitely not remakes.

I think it's because they're still early in development, they had nothing of the remasters to show, so my bet is that they didn't have anything to show yet and just announced the remasters to avoid the ''big announcement'' turning out to only be Crash as a Skylander exclusive to Sony consoles, so that the response wouldn't be mass negativity.

1 hour ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

If it was a remake, they would have shown it in the conference.

Why? Is there a special rule that says that remakes need to be shown, but not remastered ports? In either situation, footage is ideal. I just don't follow where your logic is coming from here.

But anyway they said "remaster". Not remake.

They said it was being built from the ground up. That isn't a port. If Sony just wanted to port them, they'd have done that. They have been doing that with PS1 games for a while now. Why rebuild them from the ground up?

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, but there was never a time when people asked if Square or Sony were developing FF7R. We always knew it would be Square.

Why on earth would Sony develop FFVII when it was Square themselves that introduced the reveal trailer to us with their name on it?

With Crash, you don't know. Activision owns Crash, it could be them developing it, not ND/Sony.

But you know what? We should end this "this logic doesn't make sense" discussion because it doesn't matter.

I think it's because they're still early in development, they had nothing of the remasters to show, so my bet is that they didn't have anything to show yet and just announced the remasters to avoid the ''big announcement'' turning out to only be Crash as a Skylander exclusive to Sony consoles, so that the response wouldn't be mass negativity.

But can they at least bring out the developers who are making the supposed remake? That's what Nintendo did with Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS announcement.

The fact that Crash is on all systems (even if his toy is only available with the PS3/4 bundle at launch) proves Activision still owns him.

35 minutes ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

You don't need to publish your game with Sony to make your game exclusive to Sony.

The press release also says remaster. A number of times, so it's not a remake.

Of course they don't need to publish it with Sony. But tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony requested the remaster in the first place, and Activision is only doing it if Sony funds the game. So its PS4 exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 2

If it was a remake, they would have shown it in the conference.

Why? Is there a special rule that says that remakes need to be shown, but not remastered ports? In either situation, footage is ideal. I just don't follow where your logic is coming from here.

But anyway they said "remaster". Not remake.

They said it was being built from the ground up. That isn't a port. If Sony just wanted to port them, they'd have done that. They have been doing that with PS1 games for a while now. Why rebuild them from the ground up?

And again him saying "built from the ground up" doesn't make sense. At all. It's a remaster (which he said) and Activision press release also says remaster.

Don't get confused between remaster and remake. Three of these games are planned to release next year. All 3 of them. Do you know how long it took for Ratchet and Clank for its remake to be completed?

FFVII PS4 isn't exactly a port either. It has slightly upgraded graphics and assets.

33 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

This site is so glitchy right now. I tried posting this like three times. The second time, it froze while autosaving my draft...

Anyway, it'll probably be like DK and Bowser. DK and Bowser were bundle exclusive at first, and were released separately later. I'll gladly wait on Crash. Maybe I'll even start to look around for a Spyro figure so I got all of these iconic gaming characters to play as in one game.

14 minutes ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

Why on earth would Sony develop FFVII when it was Square themselves that introduced the reveal trailer to us with their name on it?

With Crash, you don't know. Activision owns Crash, it could be them developing it, not ND/Sony.

But you know what? We should end this "this logic doesn't make sense" discussion because it doesn't matter.

But can they at least bring out the developers who are making the supposed remake? That's what Nintendo did with Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS announcement.

You're the one that said this situation was exactly like FF7R. :/

You're the one that said this situation was exactly like FF7R. :/

Well it's close. FFVII PS4 and Crash trilogy are PS1 games remastered for PS4 with slightly upgraded graphics & assets and trophy support.

The only difference between them two is FFVII actually has a remake coming.

Yeah, but both FF games we knew before hand were developing it. The comparison that not knowing who is developing the Crash remasters is the same as FF7, isn't sound, since we've always known it was Square for both the remaster and remake.

I just wish we hadn't heard anything in advance... Like if there were no rumors beforehand, no little teases, etc, I'd be overjoyed. After the past year with the shirt, and the bit in Uncharted and all, and hoping for a glorious return, seeing this kind of small step is a tad underwhelming... I'm not mad at anyone for this since I'm aware us fans ourselves are partially to blame for getting swept up in the hype from the smallest things, but yeah. 

In any event, I look forward to seeing and playing the new Crash games in HD, and I do love how he looks and moves in Skylanders, so woooo!

• Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

And again him saying "built from the ground up" doesn't make sense. At all. It's a remaster (which he said) and Activision press release also says remaster.Don't get confused between remaster and remake. Three of these games are planned to release next year. All 3 of them. Do you know how long it took for Ratchet and Clank for its remake to be completed?

I know what the "differences" are. One is the same game but better, the other is the same game but better except a little different maybe. I'm telling you, however, that they said that it'd be done from the ground up. They are not ports. They are saying that they are remasters built from the ground up. Ratchet and Clank, meanwhile, goes beyond that and is a full-on re-imagining of the original game. Crash isn't doing that, though. It's being "re-mastered" or "re-made." ...see how silly and vague the definition of terms is here?

But all we know is what Sony said: they are saying that they are remasters built from the ground up.

Again, take what you want from that information. I'm not really a Crash fan so I'm not trying to be optimistic or otherwise, I'm just reading this as objectively and unbiased as possible. It sounds to me like they're making Crash Bandicoot again from the ground up, because they literally said from the ground up. I'm not taking anything out of context, I'm not adding anything to it, not adding any superfluous subjective definitions of the differences between a remaster and a remake or whatever the heck you want to call it. 

I'm telling you what I see, and I see them saying "We're making the game again from scratch." 

How else would you interpret "from the ground up." 

Either way, until we see footage, we won't know to what effect that is.

tails-owell.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

I think she's right in pointing out that according to the usual way we use these terms, they are completely contradictory, though.

EDIT: unless of course we take the Taxman route. I suppose those games were both remasters and made from the ground up. In which case I think the most likely scenario here isn't a Ratchet and Clank-tier remake, nor even a Jet Set Radio-tier port, but pretty much the port we saw at the end of the latest Uncharted. Just that, but the entire game.