Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

6 hours ago, Jango said:

Exclusivity will most certainly be a problem. But it will help sell more PS4s, good for Sony. I'm one of those who bought it mainly for Crash. I was going to buy the PS4 anyways, but the remastered announcement sealed the deal for me. Hopefully it will hit 2,5 millions mark, I've already bought mine digitally and I intend to buy the physical version too, or a Collector's Edition, if there's one. I hope it hits other consoles or at least PC down the line.

From everything I've heard, it looks like it's a timed exciusive for a year.  Switch and Scorpio will get it after the deal ends, next summer, I would bet. I've heard that Sony's deal may be similar to Microsoft's Tomb Raider deal, where neither company could say a word about the game coming to other platforms until the game was out. Which would explain why Sony and Activision have refused to say anything about the game being an exclusive. Activision wants this on everything, no doubt. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Zippo said:

From everything I've heard, it looks like it's a timed exciusive for a year.  Switch and Scorpio will get it after the deal ends, next summer, I would bet. I've heard that Sony's deal may be similar to Microsoft's Tomb Raider deal, where neither company could say a word about the game coming to other platforms until the game was out. Which would explain why Sony and Activision have refused to say anything about the game being an exclusive. Activision wants this on everything, no doubt. 

Yep that's how I see it could be anywhere from a year to just a month doesn't have to be a long time. Just enough to give the PS four and an edge. In fact the complete secrecy makes it more likely it's a shorter time. 

It keeps looking better and better. I can't wait to get my hands on it and see how levels like Generator Room, Future Frenzy, Snow Go, Tomb Wader and so much more are looking. Hope they don't spoil too much levels :P

mind-blown.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes. Their mechanical levels have been on point for this remake and definitely cant wait to see Future Frenzy and Rock It myself.

Just the fact that they added a much clearer jungle scenery before entering the facility, the stairs instead of it being a slope, all the floor panelings and sfx, the yellow power strips that now looks like its actually powering the building based on one of those containers Crash hides behind when getting shot at... you know, all logical architectural additions for Cortext Power goes to show that this is not your average, run of the mill remaster, and VV is taking this shit quite seriously, and I can't state enough how much I appreciate the hard effort.

• Thumbs Up 3

Totally, dude! They're taking this remasters to another level, these ARE 3 NEW games. It's absolutely everything it should be: the original games re-imagined with 1000% more detail and color, bad shit fixed and great/fun level design on place. And by God they've done it, and I swear, this could've gonna so, so wrong in other studio's hands. But Vicarious Visions ain't fool, they know they have to win our confidence and thumbs up before doing even bigger things with Crash.

I'm just so happy that this is happening, we've waited for so long.

• Thumbs Up 1

C-iGIXpUAAEBFwl.jpg:large

Sometimes you need a moment to stop and think about all the winning you’re about to do.

The third Dynamic Theme is available for people in America:

If you've pre-ordered, of course :)

And the music...

Well... I guess this soundtrack will be hit or miss... last week we had a perfect hit with Cortex Power, but Bear It... IDK, the melody is all there... but these synths... they're so... out of place? Please, please don't do anything crazy with Rock It/Pack Attack.

Anyways! We're closer than ever before!

• Thumbs Up 1

The original used Polar's barking as part of the song, they should've at least tried to replicate that.

56 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

The original used Polar's barking as part of the song, they should've at least tried to replicate that.

If Polar is now a cat, I'd say they nail'd it.

Yeah, so far the only thing that's not convincing me much is the remixed soundtrack.
I hope there will be an option to switch to the original ones, even just for the sake of having a choice.

Me after watching the gameplay:

4:28.

Okay, hype is over.

Few things: never seem such clean sewer. I think the new, smoother graphics took away that rusty and dark feeling of it, same way it did with the ruins levels... neverthless, it looks gorgeous, the lightning in the "room" with the purple crystal looks especially nice.

There's a totally new Aku-Aku's icon on the box (instead of the Skylanders' one).

The bonus level looks a bit... dull. IDK, the platforms look kinda shite.

And they've changed a few things, like the electrified water's color, I think yellow makes much more sence than green, but eh, not gonna loose my sleep over it.

The remixes here actually sounds pretty nice!

Few weird things: near the end, Crash enters the water pool and the water doesn't splash, which is odd, because it did splash before.

The belly flop doesn't seem (seem!) controllable, unlike the original where you could control a little. Looks kinda stiff too.

Edit: the lab assistant guy doesn't scream in pain anymore, pre-order cancelled.

THAT'S SOME SCARY ASS BEAR.

Dang, VV just keep on giving! I can see a blast at E3, they're probably holding a lot of Warped footage just for the event.

Loved the Un-Bearable level, the graphics looks really nice and the controls seem spot on (TBH, controlling Polar in that section was kinda unbearable ha! in the originals)! It feels like some levels are more finished than others. They're probably still polishing everything.

And another case of not digging the remix xD Speaking of digging, I think it might just be the next level they're gonna show of Crash 2. For E3, I predict either Orient Express (with a Coco trailer) or one of the prehistoric levels. In any case, please no more spoilers >.<

So, wait, Wumpa Fruits are purple inside?
The implications of this may be interesting.

12 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

So, wait, Wumpa Fruits are purple inside?
The implications of this may be interesting.

Pretty sure we've known that since the Playstation Era. 

Yeah, Wumpa Fruit have had purple juice since the original Crash came out. 

Wumpajuice.png

...i seriously never knew that. And i've played the damn game since it came out.

Boi.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ha! That's really cool, I remember seeing it on Twitter!!! It's nice to have an animation where Crash interacts with Aku-Aku ^^

I love that.

Sure hoping this sells well enough to warrant Vicarious Visions making a brand new Crash adventure. I'd love to see what they can do.

Remind me to find whoever made this. I have to praise them relentlessly.

But seriously, that is some good boxart.

• Thumbs Up 1

HOLY MAMA! THIS IS OFFICIAL? Looks so damn cool! There are also some "postcards" included in one of those "N. Sane Pack" editions that are recreations of each of the original game's cover art. I won't link to the imagine right now because it's very low quality, but I guess we'll be seeing these arts soon!