Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

I KNEW that "Crash stands there screaming" cover couldn't be final! New art looks super rad and gets across the concept of a "trilogy" better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see this selling wild. I don't know.  I'm looking forward to it though they need to fix some enemy bounces. They don't give you as much height as original on some stages.  But I'm sure it will get stellar ratings

So it won't sell wild because some enemies don't bounce enough? Dude let's bounce, you and me, right now.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jango said:

So it won't sell wild because some enemies don't bounce enough? Dude let's bounce, you and me, right now.

That was a run on. Lol for me some bounces made certain paths easier to exploit. No I don't see it selling wild cause younger people don't understand just how much crash means to many of us old 90s kids who grew into the PlayStation the nights spent learning boss patterns.  just good times T.T

AFAIK, Crash will only bounce higher on enemies if the player holds down the jump button. I haven't played the game myself, so I can't confirm if this features' still there.

I've tried the demos. Less air is given even holding down. I died a few things thinking I could

Wouldn't the bounce hieght have to be the same as the originals considering the level geometry is 1:1 especially considering the fact there're turtles to bounce on that's crucial to passing Road to Nowhere and The High Road, for example?

There is a bounce but not as strong it's hard to explain you have to play both to see what I mean

The scenery looks wonderful, though still not sold on the Komodos' models. They look a bit like bad toys. Though they might look better in motion.

It's an old screenshot, tho'.

One thing I keep forgeting to post here: do you think they will keep the same remix to all the "sewer levels" / "snow levels" like in the originals, or each level will be slightly remixed? Like, Snow Go from Warp Room 1 could be more "christmas-y", while Cold Hard Crash from Warp Room 4 could be more "industrial", since it's also the N. Gin floor. Just an idea, tho'.

On 5/5/2017 at 3:00 PM, Meta77 said:

I've tried the demos. Less air is given even holding down. I died a few things thinking I could

I've played the demo twice and I find the jumps not that hard to make really. You've mostly have to hold down the X button while making big leaps.

Jumps are not hard I'm talking bouncing off a enemy jumps. Say you run. You don't stop running to kill a enemy. You run bounce clear a lot and continue to run nonstop. The bounce is not as strong as it used to be. You have to actually sometimes kill the enemy then jump to clear some holes

Oh, they've finally implemented the Lab Assistants yelling in pain! Such a key part of the trilogy. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I haven't posted in this thread for while. I just wanted to say I like everything I'm seeing. How it looks, sounds and the controls appear to be on point. It's so cool how they keep showing off bits of gameplay quite frequently and we're still like 50 days from release! If there's a collectors edition then I'll likely cave-in and get it. I'm so hyped!

39 minutes ago, StriCNYN3 said:

Difficult to tell from the brief footage, but it does look like Crash moves better/more seamless in the rock-it levels than he did in the original version which was cumbersome.

Hope they start showing some Crash 3 footage soon.

One of my favorite levels and MUSIC in the whole trilogy. I WANNA WATCH IT SO BAD, BUT I WANT TO KEEP IT AS A SURPRISE.

SSMB, just tell me, is it awesome looking/sounding?

Lol well, a lot are agreeing that it's the best footage they showcased by far. I was personally blown away, and Rock It's not even one of my top levels. With how this level looks, Future Frenzy is bound to be amazing, too.

I ended up watching. LIKE 20 TIMES. NON-STOPING. It's freaking sweet and the remix is spot on! They even made the lab assistant guy scream in pain again, holy crap!

I wonder if VV just made this change based on the Sewer or Later video (people were asking why he wasn't screaming, which was iconic!), but there it is now! They're fast! Or that was an older build and the scream just wasn't added yet (VV is ahead of us).

ALSO:

c_ebsdpuwamsort-e1494457889738.jpg?w=676

https://crashynews.wordpress.com/2017/05/10/in-the-wild-best-buy-canadas-year-ps4-exclusivity-notice-banner-for-n-sane-trilogy/

Here we go again! Honestly, I think that's likely to happen, knowing Activision and such.

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

I ended up watching. LIKE 20 TIMES. NON-STOPING. It's freaking sweet and the remix is spot on! They even made the lab assistant guy scream in pain again, holy crap!

I wonder if VV just made this change based on the Sewer or Later video (people were asking why he wasn't screaming, which was iconic!), but there it is now! They're fast! Or that was an older build and the scream just wasn't added yet (VV is ahead of us).

ALSO:

c_ebsdpuwamsort-e1494457889738.jpg?w=676

https://crashynews.wordpress.com/2017/05/10/in-the-wild-best-buy-canadas-year-ps4-exclusivity-notice-banner-for-n-sane-trilogy/

Here we go again! Honestly, I think that's likely to happen, knowing Activision and such.

I believe it. Activision wants this on everything, especially if the Switch takes off as it has been doing now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Which is great, because fuck me this needs to sell. And it's going to, just look at it. It's a triple A remaster if I've ever seen one.

Hopefully it will be Vicarious Visions themselves the ones to port to other platformers, especially for the Switch, which will likely need a nerf to run as smooth as the PS4 version.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I wonder why no reveals of 3 yet

I've seen a theory that they may start revealing Crash 3 stuff next week. Rock It being the level of choice this week supports it at least. 

I'm beginning to think they're saving Warped for the E3, since it'll be the last big event before the release and the best possible place to hook as many people as possible, especially since Warped is generally considered to be the best of the trilogy.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

I'm beginning to think they're saving Warped for the E3, since it'll be the last big event before the release and the best possible place to hook as many people as possible, especially since Warped is generally considered to be the best of the trilogy.

This is what I'm thinking too. Millions of people will be watching Sony's press conference live. It's almost guaranteed to make an appearance there.