Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 hours ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

Lady was 1955 actually. Sleeping Beauty was '59. 

Dangit, of course it was, Sleeping Beauty's recent failure is what caused 101 Dalmatians to have the new animation method, that's what I get for replying at 3am. 

Ah that's what I get for 3am posting, apologies.

Either way the film is still old and they wouldn't be able to get away with using the audio even if they wanted to this time

Neeerds.

[emoji14]

I kid, I kid. I totally welcome this change, gives the game more uniqueness. Yeah, the "original" laugh is iconic, sure, but is not like they're replacing it with something COMPLETELY different, it's still a crazy laugh, and Jess Harnel's performance is great. Same goes to Maurice LaMarche's new "hoowie scream". I think people could, and SHOULD, get pissed if Vicarious Visions had decided to change the "roota baga!" noise instead.

Anyways. Let's change the subject. What you guys think about trophies? Share your ideas of cool and funny trophies!

• Thumbs Up 1

see every death animation?

break every single crate throughout all 3 games?

get every platinum relic?

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Jango said:

There you go! I wonder where these will be used?

Probably just as promo artwork. Or if the game has menus to choose each game, then they'll probably be alongside the game's name.

• Thumbs Up 3

That would be... underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I like the new artwork, but as cool as it looks, it's still a static image. If there's a menu where you pick the game, I would want something like this:

Then again, that cool menu is only available if you have the disc version. If you bought the digital version, you get this crap:

maxresdefault.jpg

:V

Honestly I do wonder how the games will be set out. Like, will they be one single thing? Or will it be hub-based or is it menu-based?

It'd be cool, but extremely unlikely, if they redid all three covers and had them with each copy of the game so you can replace the boxart with whatever one of the original trilogy you want, something similar to what R&C All 4 One did.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

It'd be cool, but extremely unlikely, if they redid all three covers and had them with each copy of the game so you can replace the boxart with whatever one of the original trilogy you want, something similar to what R&C All 4 One did.

Perhaps they could do it if there's a Collector's Edition?

^^^ Yeah, well, I think people knew about it, but no one bothered to put the link here because of the image's shitty quality... at least you can see that the Crash 2 cover is fliped, and I wonder why, tho'?? They're basically just postcards right now, not extras covers you can switch like @Ratcicle King suggested.

As for how you access each game, how could an universal hub-world work? I mean, it would be awesome. I recall one game that did something like this... just can't remember the name...

A Sonic Jam approach could be neat.

A Jam type hub with extra bits of roaming and missions would be interesting, but I could maybe see it looking a bit left field given how linear the games themselves are (then again Jam did it for a bunch of 2D platformers so...).

It would be interesting if they added some sort of 'museum' to the whole thing like Jam did.

Here, have the revamped Crash 2 cover art.

If I didn't know better, I'd say this was leading to something...

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeaaaaah. It's nice that they're redoing these, but Crash looks positively terrifying in both arts. I think the problem is in his eyes. ? He doesn't look "naughty" or slightly "mischievous", he looks outright EVIL and psych!

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks to Amazon, we now have the final North American version of the boxart:

uncoYRX.jpg

Art continues to look great.

• Thumbs Up 5

11 hours ago, Jango said:

Yeaaaaah. It's nice that they're redoing these, but Crash looks positively terrifying in both arts. I think the problem is in his eyes. ? He doesn't look "naughty" or slightly "mischievous", he looks outright EVIL and psych!

To be fair, that's what he looked like in the original covers. I mean, the one of Warped has him referring to the T-800.

No, I don't think he was suppose to look terrifying in the original artwork...he actually doesn't.

To be fair, that's what he looked like in the original covers. I mean, the one of Warped has him referring to the T-800.

Yeah, he looked crazy, but not I'm-gonna-kill-you-with-bare-hands-crazy '-'

Anyways, someone at Reddit fixed it, and it does looks better: https://m.imgur.com/BKAj6A2

So... You think VV will finally show Warped today, even if it's just the remade cover art?

18 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Here, have the revamped Crash 2 cover art.

If I didn't know better, I'd say this was leading to something...

Yea compared to original he looks way more sinister

WELP guess they don't want to wait till E3.

Art looks kickass, Friday's gonna be great.

Now that one looks a bit better! I just find it kinda funny that they remade this one incredibly close to the original:

DAm3V1iXUAocG5d.jpg78161-collectors-edition-crash-bandicoot

...instead of updating the models to the N.Sane Trilogy ones. Coco looks just like a cleaner HD version of the original, same goes to Pura. Compare:

30e3f163d-1.jpg

Also, Jesus:

DAm39hDXcAE89Df.jpg

And these small pupils man... Crash still looks like he wants to rape me '-' And Pura looks like he's seen some shit.

• Thumbs Up 1