Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

The official PlayStation Twitter is asking which level do you wanna see on friday!

Choices are:

Future Frenzy, Tomb Wader and Deep Trouble! I'll go with Tomb Wader! I really didn't wanted to spoil any of these levels... ah, just a tiny bit :)

Obviously the only correct answer to choose from here is Future Frenzy, everybody's favorite level whether they like it or not.

• Thumbs Up 5

Tomb Wader, please, I want to be surprised by the graphical upgrade of Future Frenzy, not spoiled.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jango said:

30e3f163d-1.jpg

Also, Jesus:

DAm39hDXcAE89Df.jpg

I know it's just following the original art and all, but damn, Coco looks more like an anorexic with a wet nose with those non-existent jowls and sharp chin. I happily welcome them using the upper model on the N Sane cover, it's not perfect but she definitely looks more like a cute animal. Pura looks a little better with stripe 'eyebrows' though.

And Future Frenzy all the way, definitely one of the most lavish levels from the trilogy and something radically different from almost all the previews we've seen before.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget that if Tomb Wader wins, we'll get the chance to see some of the power-ups in action, as this levels requires you to use them a lot.

Also, I'm a sucker for egyptian stuff, m 'okay? And the egyptian levels music is better too, just sayin' :V

Whatever we get, I'm good :)

Plus with Tomb Raider we'll see if they got the lighting right there too, I loved the red/orange aesthetics of the egyptian stages.

Just now, Ratcicle King said:

Plus with Tomb Raider we'll see if they got the lighting right there too, I loved the red/orange aesthetics of the egyptian stages.

As long as they remember to contrast it with the watery parts, they were more blue around the water. 

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Link's not working, what is it exactly?

PA4Dh4d.png

Whole lot of merchandise. I wonder if it's official stuff.

EDIT: Well it says Official so yeah durr.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like we're going to the ancient Egypt tomorrow, Tomb Wader won the PlayStation's poll!

uesmakq2pozy.jpg

giphy.gif

Holy shit, lots of people voted! And they said Crash wouldn't be relevant today ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A few updates:

This statue is being made (not by F4F, by the way):

eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGACXR4FkmcoCBEgkRtj9irp7

Lots of stores still have the "Stardard Edition" label, so there's a big chance that a Special or Collector's Edition will be announced, most likely at E3. BTW, that's the final box art in all regions now, they've updated on the official Crash Bandicoot website and PS Store.

0ok9kx0pujzy.jpg

And finally, people with a Xbox or Switch, fear not!

Someone on Reddit has discovered through source code shindigs that the official Crash website has two hidden options on the Pre-Order area: Platform and Edition. These will likely be available soon.

Stay tuned!

• Thumbs Up 3

Surprised Tomb Wader won, it's the most standard of the three, and we already saw water effects with the sewer level preview.

Granted, I'm surprised they didn't want to show off a Coco level first.

• Thumbs Up 1

Surprised Tomb Wader won, it's the most standard of the three, and we already saw water effects with the sewer level preview.

Me too, I was beting my wumpas on Orient Express or Tell no Tales (would be a nice reference to the newest Pirates of the Caribbean).

If anything they should've shown off one of the medieval levels, or one of the egyptian rooftop levels, or hell, ANYTHING but what they offered. Like, seriously, you're only offer includes the underwater level? The most BORING level in the game to play AND to look at?

Better yet, why you gotta hold out on showing Crash 3 for this long?

14 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

Tomb Wader won probably because there's a contingent of the Crash fanbase that wants to see the official game stomp on that UE4 fangame from a while back.

Tomb Wader won probably because there's a contingent of the Crash fanbase that wants to see the official game stomp on that UE4 fangame from a while back.

Which, after seeing the gameplay, it doesn't stomp as hard. IDK, the level looks... Empty? And really, like, really smooth. It doesn't look rusty or old, like a tomb should be. It doesn't even looks like it's made of sand stones, but some cheap plastic. Also, there's some light source coming from above that makes the floor and walls shine in a weird way (almost like the UE4 demo). I didn't like the visuals of any ruins level so far, sadly. They really should've worked better the textures, added some moss on the walls (Hello? Still water grows moss!)

The factory levels, on the other hand, are spot-on, so I think Future Frenzy will be amazing.

As for the music... Another case of the remix going too far and missing a bunch of notes. It gets on my nerves when I'm huming the melody and the music don't follow...

The Warp Room looks nice, and the little I could heard of its theme, it sounds good, thank fucking Christ.

The special moves work just like they should, VV really nail'd the gameplay. Not a fan of Crash burping all those gems, lol.

There's a tiny crate icon on the bottom right that comes up when Crash hits a checkpoint, it looks like an autosave icon... Does this means if I quit the level and re-enter it, I'll start off that checkpoint? That's... Kinda shit.

TL;DR I'm not amazed.

Looks beautiful. I love how Crash spits out the gems and crystal when back in the hub world. Lol.

The water rippling effect looks lovely. Also, Crash's movement looks tight like in the original Crash 2 which is so much better. I never liked how Crash 3's movement was slippery in the PS1 version just like in Crash 1. 

Very impressed. Great stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1