Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Oh, new gameplay came up while I was bashing the game! Let's see...

Oh Sweet Mother of God, all the other levels look and sound freaking amazing, what the fuck happened there? It makes Tomb Wader look unfinished by comparasing! I've only watched glimpses of Future Frenzy and Orange Asphalt, and they look A-FUCKING-MAZING.

BONER POWER, REACTIVATE!

I'm at a loss for words. 

On certain days, Warped is my favorite game of all time. 

It looks breathtaking. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Tomb Wader gave me so many uncomfortable moments.

Fucking piece of shit level for a 6 years old. Fucking water.

The water in the remaster looks amazing, the ripples are so detailed. I like what I see.

Also FUCK YES REDDIT LEAKS FUCKING ANNOUNCE THE XBOX EDITION ALREADY I CAN'T WAIT

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't think it will be a Vita port. There's only two options: exclusive to PS4 and PC like Street Fighter V or timed exclusive to PS4, with Xbox and Switch ports coming in 2018 (maybe earlier?).

Looking back at the gameplay, Warped is certainly the one that needs most polish (probably because it was remastered last). I've noticed a few glitches here and there, some rather unfinished textures (the "wormhole" where Coxter and Uka-Uka speaks to you looks really bad), the Game Over screen is just a black background, N. Gin model looks ugly AF, but ok...

Overhall, this game is shaping up to be a true return to form, but I'll gladly wait a little longer to play if it means more polish, I mean, they're remastering three games! Right now Warped is looking a bit rough around the edges (kinda like the first game when it was first revealed). So yeah, Activision, don't rush that game, give VV more time to polish Warped!

ktuongvttvzy.png&token=AQAAGYMoWWpUO2mfq

Here's Coco.

This game looks awesome. I second @Jango's feelings towards many of the ruins levels, though. There really needs to be more texture, those areas look way too smooth.

But otherwise, good lord does this game look amazing. The motorcycle levels are practically EXACTLY how they should look.

• Thumbs Up 4

I've watched a little more gameplay now that I'm home and on my PC (bigger screen, better resolution). And I gotta say, this game looks fantastic. Despite my early nitpicking with the textures in the egyptian level, everything else is eye candy. I was expecting a lot of Tomb Wader, because it's one of my favorite levels in the game, so there's that hehehe. Doesn't excuse the fact that they still could work better on those ruins, right?

Anyways. Man. I wasn't this excited for a game since Sonic Generations! I just can't avoid spoilers! I want this so much, and my nitpicking is proof of that, I want it to be the best it can be. Surely one may say some different textures won't ruin the game, and they're right, but if it isn't something so tremendously hard to fix it, why not do it, if it's an improvement anyways, a fine touch? They did with other levels in Crash 1 :)

Interview with Dan (he looks kinda exhausted o.o)

https://blog.activision.com/t5/More-Games/Dive-Deeper-into-the-World-of-the-Crash-Bandicoot-N-Sane-Trilogy/ba-p/10267044

And finally, this video has a more skilled player and some dead animations showcase!

BTW, at 3:35 on this video... that was always possible? o.O

Oh, and I'm not a fan of the "tips" during the loading screens, they give away secrets (like the green gem path in Gone Tomorrow)... Sure it won't affect old fans, but it takes away the discovery feeling for newcomers. A tip is "some enemies can only be killed by jumping on their heads" not "HEY THERE'S A SECRET PATH IN THIS LEVEL".

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

And here's Uka Uka...voice included!

Huh, not quite sure how I feel about that one.

Perhaps John DiMaggio and Clancy Brown have just always been the two voices for me.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Huh, not quite sure how I feel about that one.

Perhaps John DiMaggio and Clancy Brown have just always been the two voices for me.

That is John DiMaggio tho'.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

There'll likely be a option to turn hints off 

I for one believe that this game will have difficulty levels. Or at least a "classic mode", without the auto-save system and tips.

I re-watched the Tomb Wader gameplay on the PlayStation channel in 1080p, and shit, it looks so freaking good, I've noticed a few things I couldn't see on my phone, like the sand on the ground and some dust particle effects in the air. Looking closer at the textures on the walls, IDK, sometimes they look alright, and sometimes kinda flat.

I wonder how different the game will look in 4K on a PS4 Pro? Probably just crispier like most games so far. There's actually a few playthroughs played in 4K on YT.

Anyways, I think the only >real< thing that is putting me down so far, is the sound department. And not only the BGM, but the SFX aswell. The original Crashs were very loud and "in your face" sounding. When you get SMASHED, CRUSHED or even SLICED, you really feel that shit. Now, most of the sound effects are more gentle and quiet. They don't have weight. Now the music, some remixes are great and I love them, like N. Sanity Beach, Heavy Machinery, Tawna's Bonus Round, Hang Eight, Orange Asphalt, Double Header... but others are just different enough to feel like bastardization rather than a love letter. And even worst, some of the remixes, like the Sunset Vista, Bear It and Upstream have parts of the song missing, aswell as missed notes (as if the guy playing is literally missing notes...).

But enough of that, let's make a pause.

8ft1digp5wzy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Jango said:

8ft1digp5wzy.jpg

>21 crystals of 25
>1%

brutal

• Thumbs Up 2

I assume that's a quirk of the way they've run this showcase; you need a minimum of 20 crystals to get to the point of unlocking the last warp room and the bazooka so they've force-unlocked that, but legitimately they may only have a gem and a crystal. 

He was joking haha. They're playing an unfinished, perhaps even debug, version, as there's some glitches and weird things going on (like N. Gin showing up when you enter Double Header from Warp Room 3).

I wonder if Coco will still give you the 105% gem. Probably yes, but I hope there's a tiny cutscene to it (-Look what I've found!).

Edit:

In this video, with Dan (from VV), he says that the difference between the regular and the Pro version is the resolution (obviously), and everything will look sharper and more colorfull. The PS4 Pro footage do have stronger colors and higher contrast. No mention about 60FPS, tho'.........

The Cortex/Uka Uka taunt cutscene from Warped released.

• Thumbs Up 3

One of Warped's trophies got accidentally leaked during a PlayStation Access video showing 9 of the Death Animations. You get a trophy called Warts and All and it has something to do with dying to that wizard in medieval levels that turns Crash into a frog.

• Thumbs Up 1

The new voice acting in the scene with Cortex and Uka-Uka is excellent, but everything else looks bad, the background especially. Uka looks tiny o.O

Just now, Jango said:

The new voice acting in the scene with Cortex and Uka-Uka is excellent, but everything else looks bad, the background especially. Uka looks tiny o.O

I disagree. I think that's meant to be the point, it's scaling things so Uka's in the background, which makes sense, considering that Cortex is the primary focus of the cutscene after all.

Oh, I know that, but I think they put Uka a little too far behind, which creates that illusion... Other than that, the facial expressions are superb.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The Cortex/Uka Uka taunt cutscene from Warped released.

Eh the new version he speaks way to fast. The old Crash crash crash was better paced the new one its like he was rushing through that entire spill.

14 minutes ago, Jango said:

On the contrary. The new version both looks and sounds way better than the original. The original Crash 3's cut-scenes were pretty bad and the blue background color is just so ugly.

The voice acting, animation/character movement looks a lot better in the new version. They've even added a bit of background noise for the warp time-hole thing which definitely helps with the atmosphere of the scene.