Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Honestly, the only thing that's wrong to me with the new rendition of the warp dialogue is the complete lack of the ZZZZWUP sound effect when the heads pop up. Everything else is just fine.

• Thumbs Up 6

The racing level looks like it's going to have the same control issue I had with the original. I really wished that the developers took some creative liberties with this game instead of trying to be a 1:1 remake of the original. Road Crash could of easily been a Mario Kart Crash Team Racing like level. Maybe do something like make Coco playable outside of using vehicles, or when you want to move backwards you can turn the camera around so you won't accidentally fall through a pit and it'll be more convenient idk. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The racing level looks like it's going to have the same control issue I had with the original. I really wished that the developers took some creative liberties with this game instead of trying to be a 1:1 remake of the original. Road Crash could of easily been a Mario Kart Crash Team Racing like level. Maybe do something like make Coco playable outside of using vehicles, or when you want to move backwards you can turn the camera around so you won't accidentally fall through a pit and it'll be more convenient idk. 

Dan (game's director) said they went on to make the handling better, but in the end they've decided to keep as it is because "oldschool". And quite frankly, they're not that hard, just let go the gas buttom when making a turn... Like in real life [emoji14]

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The Cortex/Uka Uka taunt cutscene from Warped released.

Is it just me or does Cortex look more expressive in the original? He just looks more cartoony and shows a vaster range of emotions like jaded or depressed, while N Sane Cortex always looks evil or angry, even if the animation itself is hardly bad at all. Uka Uka looks much better actually DOING STUFF in the background though.

56 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I would have liked some sort of extras added to Warped, especially since it's the one they can't backwards upgrade with Time Trials and the like that it already has and Coco's 'playability' was always a cheap downside to the original. But it is a remake and they didn't advertise it as anything else, so I can't make it a huge flaw that it doesn't have new stuff, especially with all the concern about it being authentic enough to the originals.

29 minutes ago, Jango said:

Dan (game's director) said they went on to make the handling better, but in the end they've decided to keep as it is because "oldschool". And quite frankly, they're not that hard, just let go the gas buttom when making a turn... Like in real life emoji14.png

That's still not an excuse. They're not hard but they were still flawed, remakes should fix the problems with the originals. 

Dan (game's director) said they went on to make the handling better, but in the end they've decided to keep as it is because "oldschool". And quite frankly, they're not that hard, just let go the gas buttom when making a turn... Like in real life [emoji14]

That's still not an excuse. They're not hard but they were still flawed, remakes should fix the problems with the originals. 

How it is flawed?

Well in the original steering was about as slippery as being on ice.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

Is it just me or does Cortex look more expressive in the original? He just looks more cartoony and shows a vaster range of emotions like jaded or depressed, while N Sane Cortex always looks evil or angry, even if the animation itself is hardly bad at all. Uka Uka looks much better actually DOING STUFF in the background though.

I'd say It's the complete opposite with N. Sane's take being clearly more expressive, really.

N. Sane's Cortex is the one that's shifting around, making wide ranges of motions and emotions from closing his eyes, reminiscing on his past failures due to Crash, being tongue and cheeky when mentioning Uka Uka (Even looks at him unlike OG Cortex) to finally getting up in your face, quickly snarling as he threatens who's more powerful.

OG Cortex in comparison is just focused on Crash and is mainly stationary. He nods his head in the beginning, sure, but that's it as far as range of motion goes, and even that is better conveyed through N. Sane's take. 

• Thumbs Up 3

A better look at Coco:

9e51ca4e3207702a61b0de011f7b37ae.gif

And I've mentioned before how much I hoped multiplayer might happen in N Sane trilogy though thought it would be too extravagant.

1 hour ago, StriCNYN3 said:

I'd say It's the complete opposite with N. Sane's take being clearly more expressive, really.

N. Sane's Cortex is the one that's shifting around, making wide ranges of motions and emotions from closing his eyes, reminiscing on his past failures due to Crash, being tongue and cheeky when mentioning Uka Uka (Even looks at him unlike OG Cortex) to finally getting up in your face, quickly snarling as he threatens who's more powerful.

OG Cortex in comparison is just focused on Crash and is mainly stationary. He nods his head in the beginning, sure, but that's it as far as range of motion goes, and even that is better conveyed through N. Sane's take. 

The motion is much more vivid and advanced sure, but in terms of emotions and facial expressions, I think the original gives a more diverse range despite the more simplistic animation. I get a much more 'done this crap too long' feel from original Cortex while N Sane Cortex feels more just standard evil contemplating, if still being very vibrant about it.

@E-122-Psi I'd say menacing and sadness is all that is being delivered with OG Cortex while N. Sane Cortex can be seen just as menacing and frustrated while still being able convey levels of cheeky-ness. I feel N. Sane Cortex in this scene was shown to be more 3rd dimensional here instead of just being a typical binary villain. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hmm...?

That'd be...interesting. 

I'm into this idea, though...I'm not sure how they'd implement this, the level design isn't really made for it. Hmmm.

Unless they're saving the idea for a brand new Crash game they'll make after this ? let me dream

2 hours ago, Celestia said:

I'm into this idea, though...I'm not sure how they'd implement this, the level design isn't really made for it. Hmmm.

Unless they're saving the idea for a brand new Crash game they'll make after this ? let me dream

Well N Tranced was basically the original trilogy in 2D but had a Sonic 2 type VS Race mode (just to note VV also made N Tranced). I suppose a lot of Warped levels would work well with it, due to the Time Trials requiring them to be speed run friendly.

Alternatively they could add some new mini game of sorts like a few other titles in the past have.

12 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

A better look at Coco:

9e51ca4e3207702a61b0de011f7b37ae.gif

Coco is a cute, you heard me?
CUUUUUUUUUUUTE-

• Thumbs Up 2

Anything completely new that Vicarious Visions' implemented to the game will be a wonderful surprise, since most of it is 1:1 with the original. Speaking of multiplayer, I just wish for this:

A 2-players racing mode. Just like in Sonic Adventure 2, two players race bare foot on various levels. I think it could be less fancy than SA2, without special attacks for each character and such. They could instead, place crates with the Warped's power-up inside, rewarding the player with one of them for a few seconds. Other than that, players would still be able to stun each other with spin attacks or jumping on their heads (unless of course you have an Aku-Aku mask!).

Available characters could be variations of Crash Bandicoot (OG Crash, Titans Crash, guy in a suit Crash, Terminator Crash...), Coco Bandicoot (and variations of her too) and Fake Crash. Their N-Sane designs will be available too of course.

They could ALSO add racing modes in vehicles, like the bike and jet-ski, or a dogfight mode.

Double post, because we got a round of interviews and articles:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2017/05/26/remaking-a-classic-with-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy/

Highlights:

Dipping into a few levels from Warped – Double Header, The Time Twister, Orange Asphalt, if you were wondering – there’s so many new details and finery to spot. A step back to medieval times sees the level under a steady rainfall where it was previously just a bit murky, while the future levels are full of shiny reflective metals and neon lights. Having been built around the exact same level geometry as the originals, they play exactly the same, just with fancier graphics. There’s still the amusing looking enemies that feel like they’re ripped out of a 90s game (because they are), the clearly signposted attacks, the shortcuts and everything. Vicarious Visions have stuck with a mantra of faithfulness, but there’s plenty of leeway within that for adding little details here and there.

What changes they have made to the gameplay have been small. All of the quirks of the originals have been maintained, right down to the little tricks that speed runners can make use of, but they’re aware that these games might be a stepping on point for a new generation of Crash fan. It’s a minor point, but DDA – Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment – that was in the second and third games has been rolled back to the original and the racing sections of Warped. The difficulty isn’t diminished, but if you really get stuck, the game will give you a bit of a helping hand. Alongside this, the cinematics team have been brought in to add new intro and game over screens, there’s now hints on loading screens, and a few other more modern niceties.

All the tricks, exploits and shortcuts will be there for speedrun enthusiasts. Also, those having trouble with the vehicle levels in Warped will gain a little help :P

---

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/26/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-hands-on-preview-and-interview-id-love-to-work-on-another-crash-game-6665337/

Highlights:

GC: So is this collection a permeant PlayStation exclusive or just a timed one?

KM: Right now I’m saying it’s released on June 30th on PS4 and PS4 Pro. [laughs]

GC: So What questions do the fans keep asking you? If this was my favourite thing coming back I’d have a hundred questions to keep throwing at you.

KM: Fans are always asking about some of the hidden levels that never made it into the first game…

GC: Oh, I didn’t realise that was a thing. Have you been able to put that into the game?

KM: [smiles] You’ll just have to wait and see! But there’s also lots of little moment-to-moment content that fans will discover. Like a month or two ago we held a contest online to design a new idle animation, and we picked a winner and if you stare at the screen long enough it’ll appear – it’s a little volleyball game with Crash.

Exclusivity we obviously get asked about a lot, then about what’s next and are we going to see a new game or Crash Team Racing?

GC: Crash Team Racing is the one I was going to guess at.

KM: [laughs] Yeah, that’s a popular one.

GC: And I assume you’re not going to answer any of those questions?

KM: [laughs] I can’t, but also these decisions aren’t made by me. So we’ll have to see how this game does first. But I’d love to work on another Crash game, this has been marvellous.

Kara Massie, the game's producers, hints at Crash Bandicoot's hidden levels being remade and put into the game! They also get asked a lot about exclusivity and Crash Team Racing, which again, can't be confirmed just yet, althought I'm pretty sure the exclusivity is timed. As for CTR, I think it's not on the paper right now, but it might happen if the N. Sane Trilogy does well. In fact, the Xbox and Switch versions are the only things on the paper right now, but surely they will only happen if, again, the Trilogy does well enough on the PS4.

Vicarious Visions of course, is still willing to keep working with Crash Bandicoot, but the ultimate decision must come from Activision (and Sony to some extend).

---

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40057465/what-to-expect-from-new-crash-bandicoot-20-years-after-the-original

This is the article that talks about the multiplayer thing ^^^^

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Anything completely new that Vicarious Visions' implemented to the game will be a wonderful surprise, since most of it is 1:1 with the original. Speaking of multiplayer, I just wish for this:

A 2-players racing mode. Just like in Sonic Adventure 2, two players race bare foot on various levels. I think it could be less fancy than SA2, without special attacks for each character and such. They could instead, place crates with the Warped's power-up inside, rewarding the player with one of them for a few seconds. Other than that, players would still be able to stun each other with spin attacks or jumping on their heads (unless of course you have an Aku-Aku mask!).

Available characters could be variations of Crash Bandicoot (OG Crash, Titans Crash, guy in a suit Crash, Terminator Crash...), Coco Bandicoot (and variations of her too) and Fake Crash. Their N-Sane designs will be available too of course.

They could ALSO add racing modes in vehicles, like the bike and jet-ski, or a dogfight mode.

Well they could just do a classic styled Carbon Crash.

Vehicle levels may be easier though, since Crash and Coco often have variations of the same ones (eg. the fighter planes, or Polar/Pura).

While split screen racing could be a rather extravagant option to expect, I'd LOVE to see it, especially after N Tranced (paid for two cartridges just to play the damn multiplayer). The track like dynamic of the levels fits it perfectly.

And possible hidden levels? Though I know it's a 'maybe, maybe not' sort of answer for all of these, I am intrigued by how many extras the creators are implying this could have. It sounds like they want the players to find new things as they go along.

Yeah. This is absolutely not an exclusive. There is a huge amount of evidence saying so, and that's not even counting the source code leak. Playing this in portable mode will be a dream come true. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Yeah. This is absolutely not an exclusive. There is a huge amount of evidence saying so, and that's not even counting the source code leak. Playing this in portable mode will be a dream come true. 

Agreed, had some overall interest, but it'll be perfect on the go with the Switch. Would have supported it if I had a PS4, but I don't and it doesn't have enough coming for me to get one. That and if I do start my masters, my switch will be the only way I have to sneak in gaming time. Now the question is how long. my bet is 3-4 months, just in time for black friday

29 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Playing this in portable mode will be a dream come true. 

*Looks over at his psp models * sorry lil buddy

10 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

*Looks over at his psp models * sorry lil buddy

Not the same thing at all. PSP had relatively nerfed experiences with poor controls, and nowhere near the refinement of this remade collection, not to mention the standard non-compromised controls of the Switch. that's why it's a dream come true.

15 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

True. Though I'm sure a year wait will affect it's sales

What sales are you even talking about?

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

What sales are you even talking about?

Well common sense would tell you I'm talking about the Scorpio and switch.  just like tomb raider for Xbox one's exclusive deal at first