Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Might be getting that extra life mug (ooh, now I REALLY wish they'd bothered to program separate extra lives for Coco).

Now we just need the plushies. Come on, an N Sane styled Coco plush would sell like hotcakes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whatever you do.....

km0zd9nxbc8z.jpg

Don't spin too close to them or you'll regret it in more ways than one! :P

• Thumbs Up 6

Whatever you do.....

km0zd9nxbc8z.jpg&key=779707927dd318f4d29e010ed941525cdaf9e58eeddf7699f2ed09711af5800a

Don't spin too close to them or you'll regret it in more ways than one! [emoji14]

Hint: spinning a TNT crate is deadly. Jump on it instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dun did a Youtube video for once! 

My own recording of a very minor glitch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

While full playability for Coco was a very cool idea, it feels a bit lacking. I know, I know, they didn't have to make her playable at all, but some parts actually feel less like them putting an ethical limit on her and more just her not actually being completely programmed:

* She doesn't have to have a whole new move set, but a mild difference in playability would have given more point to switching characters. Since Crash has Warped physics now uniform in all three games, it might have been a good rectifier to give Coco the earlier games' floatier ones, which would have also gave advantages and disadvantages to each character depending on the circumstance.

* The character exclusive levels. While some make sense due to story or character setup (eg. only Crash playing the final bosses, or only Coco riding her beloved Pura) others feel more like they just didn't have the time to program all the animations for Coco to work with the level gimmicks. Hell, some others seem restricted for no reason at all (Crash can play all plane levels so why not Bye Bye Blimps? There also theoretically aren't really any premises preventing Coco playing the bosses besides the Cortex and N. Gin ones).

* A minor nitpick but no extra lives icon, especially since the Time Twister and plane levels do update their icons for her.

I will give the developers credit for making Coco appealing to play as just from character alone however, she has TONS of personality now.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6245-crash-bandicoot/ryannumber3gamer

I did it. I finally did it. I got all of the gold relics in Crash 1. Hardest levels were easily Road to Nowhere, Slippery Climb, The Lab, Heavy Machinery, The Lost City, Sunset Vista, and of course, The High Road.

I will never do this again, I platinumed all three games and it was nothing short of totally frustrating trying to get Crash 1 and 2's time relics. If you plan to attempt this, then you better be ready for trial and error. 

Also, a tip. On The High Road, learn how to skip turtle jumps by jumping on and off the rope. You won't be able to get the time trial by walking on the ropes due to the terrible hit detection on these levels but if you jump on and then back into the stage, you can use it to skip really finicky parts.

Here's a guide which explains more.

• Thumbs Up 3

https://www.engadget.com/2017/07/03/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-remake/

An in depth interview explaining a lot of the game's development. Perhaps the most interesting part is that while ND did give VV the original level geometry, it wasn't actually used because of incompatibility. They only used it as reference, meaning the game was done completely from the ground up with no reused assets at all.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think VV said it a while back now, they simply took screenshots of the map geometry and started modeling/drawing over it. So yeah, they've created mostly EVERYTHING, which is amazing.

I'm having a blast with Crash 2, played from start to finish yesterday, when I finally got a free night all by myself, no freelances or invites to go out, just me and my PS4 haha.

And I gotta admit, Crash 2 is less polished than 1 in almost every aspect. The graphics are gorgeous, but some stuff here and there just looks unfinished... but when it decides to shine, OH BOY. The boulder levels look amazing, so does the rain levels (both jungle and ruin). Night Fight also looks incredible. The gameplay is very responsive, you can chain jumps without a second of delay, but you need to get the hang of the new bounce physics. Crash doesn't bounce as high as he did in the original game, and he falls down a little too quickly aswell. Crouching and high jumping can be finicky unless you keep holding the circle button all the time. Other than that, it plays great. But the ice physics, Jesus what the hell happened. They're really inconstant. Funnily enough, I didn't had much trouble in Cold Hard Crash, but I did in the Snow Biz's Red Gem path. As for the sound design, again, a lot of the SFX are just too quiet, outright removed or replaced with something that is completely odd/doesn't match the object. And for the music... Crash 1 had a few new remixes that I considered inferior to the original, but Crash 2 actually have a bunch... they're not bad, just lacking or rearranged in odd ways (the sewer levels, the bear levels, N. Gin's theme). Thank God they at least made it justice to the jetpack level's music and the new Cortex's boss theme is just EPIC.

A few odd decisions aside, the game still holds up and it's really fun to play. I'm currently gathering the time relics, already have 18 of them xD

https://blog.activision.com/t5/More-Games/Go-Ahead-and-Jump/ba-p/10319197

VV talks about the gameplay in Crash N. Sane Trilogy.

Basically, they know about ALL the issues and complaints about the jump, physics and collision, and said "get used to it, we know it's different, but you got this". They also say that newcomers should start with Crash 2 or 3 (!).

So I managed to 100% Crash Bandicoot. I don't mean Platinum, I mean the game is telling me I got 100% (so, all Gems, including the ones from the bonus stages that the keys are required to unlock).

Spoiler

The bonus ending for getting all Clear Gems is really neat.

The High Road is easily the biggest PITA. I was surprised how easy it was to get 99 lives, though. After I got stuck on a left, I went back to get some colored gems. They were a PITA as well, but because I had to exit and re-enter I had a net gain of lives every time I died. (I did not realize you could just continue if you didn't hit the first checkpoint. I thought it might have been the case, but I didn't want to take the chance. I found out after the fact.)

Now I started on Crash Bandicoot 2 again. Definitely a lot easier than Crash 1 (so far), but I'm only on 2-1. Got all gems in the first world except the Red Gem. It does help that I HAVE played Crash Bandicoot 2, before. I actually have that disc and I played it on PS2 (maybe even on PS3). I'm pretty sure I even got all gems in Crash 2 as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I DID IT, I PLATTED CRASH 1!!!

I know I said I wasn't bothered about going for the plat, but after Ryan did it I thought "what the hell, lets do this" :P

https://psnprofiles.com/StonecoldSAS1mgs

Got the final gold relic on The High Road. Died loads of time, but once I beat the stage and got the sapphire relic my confidence grew. The first third of that level is the hardest part. Using the rope-bridge (whilst very difficult) helps a lot! The rest of the level is much easier.

DFHhc16XYAIwT4m.jpg

DFHhdUcWsAQkIIX.jpg

Why does it say 102%? I assume this is because of collecting all 26 Gold relics? Perhaps it goes up to 105% (to mirror Crash 3) once you've beaten the dlc stages?

• Thumbs Up 4

https://store.playstation.com/#!/pt-br/jogos/expansões/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-stormy-ascent/cid=UP0002-CUSA07402_00-CRASHNSANELEVEL1

It's up! Go get it while it's for free!

Reminder that even if you haven't picked up the game yet or doesn't own a PS4, as long as you have a PSN account, you can still get it and it'll be forever on your download list.

Got it here in the UK. Seems to be free since I have no money in my PS account. Trying and failing it as Coco as we speak.

NOTES:

* You get a small cutscene when first playing Crash 1 with it. The roof of the castle expands to reveal two new spots and a 'You have unlocked Stormy Ascent' message. A new spot also appears before N Sanity Beach.
* The two spots are for Stormy Ascent and a 'Return to N Sanity Beach' option (which admittedly makes travelling the map easier). The one in Island One obviously takes you back to the Stormy Ascent location.
* Hint: Good luck (You're gonna need it)!

Just to note, still nothing mentioned of this 'Lost Treasures' menu here. Is that to do with this or will it be something separate then?

• Thumbs Up 1

Time to torture myself. 

Edit: Crash art book confirmed to be the Dark Horse project. 

Done. In only 60+ lives too. :P

jkho9l.jpg
2mx2vqs.jpg

I'll....skip the Time Trial for the time being.

EDIT: The official trailer is up....and perfectly accurate:

• Thumbs Up 1

I NEVER want to play Stormy Ascent again.

No wonder this level got removed the first time around-- it is hell! I must have lost over 60 lives!

I've done it and got the clear gem. Started at 98 lives, got down to 67, factor in the lives gained through the level, and I ended up losing just under 40. 

It is tied to the Lost Treasures DLC as I got one of the trophies when I was done with it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I've done it and got the clear gem. Started at 98 lives, got down to 67, factor in the lives gained through the level, and I ended up losing just under 40. 

It is tied to the Lost Treasures DLC as I got one of the trophies when I was done with it. 

Did better than me then. Down to 38 with the same starting total.

Hmm, in that case I'm guessing the second trophy is either the relic or another DLC....well my deepest sympathy to whoever manages to find that out. :P 

• Thumbs Up 1

Relic times for Stormy Ascent;

Sapphire: 7:00.00
Gold: 4:30.00
Platinum: 3:10.00

• Thumbs Up 1

Got the clear gem in Stormy Ascent (I recorded my playthrough which I'm currently uploading). Started with 77 lives and finished with 58. The N-Brio Bonus level gave me the most trouble.

It's a really good challenge.

As for getting the Gold relic (which I'm sure will 105% the game and unlock the final trophy)...erm, well...

...I need to practice XP

• Thumbs Up 1

Beat the level with the clear gem. 

I think the challenge level is perfect for those who managed to get the platinum trophy for Crash 1, it provides a new challenge without ever really feeling unfair. The bonus level is actually quite interesting and is definitely the most problem-solving focused one in the entire game, requiring you to think about what order you need to smash stuff in.

I notice that the trophy for the clear gem only accounts for 25% of the Lost Treasures sub-section while the final trophy seems to hold the final 75%. I'll probably go for the relic shortly but it'd be good if we can figure out if the relic is what'll unlock the final trophy or if it's currently impossible to get due to requiring future content.

As a freebie, this is a challenge fitting to serve as an epilogue to Crash 1 and it's awesome to see lost content finally being officially released, I think more remasters should be looking into that sort of thing! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Playing Stormy Ascent as I type. Just started, so far so good, no deaths yet. I'm liking the visuals, it's darker than Slippery Climb.

Okay, did it. Holy shit man, what the fuck Naughty Dog. Started with 99 lives, ended with 74 (counting at least 8 I got during the level). Do I dare to try the time trial?