Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Finally completed Warped.

2j44nrd.jpg

I have to say Warped is my favourite of the three. Most of the vehicles play better, the levels are fun and translate well to the remake's controls (even if the jet ski took a bit of getting used to), and Coco pretty much has the same playability I felt she should have had in the original version. Only major pet peeves are the odd glitch and Bye Bye Blimps and the first three bosses not being switchable between the two characters when they should theoretically have full compatibility with them.

Is there any way to get the PS4 themes besides pre order by the way? Would love that Coco theme.

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently a dev that worked on the N. Sane Trilogy UI uploaded a video of the game showing the huds and stuff with... Xbox One button prompts. It was deleted but since this is the internet it was quickly reuploaded.

It's either a Xbox One port or a PC port, but considering Microsoft likes doing the Play Anywhere thing, maybe this game actually is coming to Xbox One. 

Knew it was coming. All the signs pointed to it happening. Activision did this exact same thing with Nintendo regarding Goldeneye. They want this on as many platforms as possible. 

Eh, if it's true, I'm not complaining. At least now people who have a current-gen console and/or PC able to run recent games well and can't afford a PS4 won't miss out on this.

I'll only be upset if the Xbox version is bug fixed and the PS4 version doesn't get a patch to be on par with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

I'll only be upset if the Xbox version is bug fixed and the PS4 version doesn't get a patch to be on par with it.

I'm sure its going to happen. If other versions have bug fixes, the PS4 version will definitely get patched.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm very pleased to share this with you guys:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-activision-game-remasters-are-likely-after-cr/1100-6452263/

So buy your tickets and pick a seat, because this hype train is going to Dragon Shores!

Oh, and they said "Crash was never good, it would never sell in today's market". I wish I could see the look on these people's faces. June's best selling game and it came out on the 30th. It probably sold over a million already.

BTW, an artist whom worked on Crash Twinsanity pitched VV a remake of it too. All of my yes.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

I've never understood why so many young people like twin sanity. While crab was never a serious game it took slapstick to a new level I felt

Except it really didn't...the slapstick in the cutscenes was minimum and there were barely any death animations.

Which is where most of Crash's slapstick comes from.

While the writing was decent and the nods to the old games were a nice touch, something about Twinsanity actually felt a bit....empty. Like almost all the substance to that game revolved around Cortex. Crash and Nina, the other two playables had zero character or expressiveness, and the rest of the cast just randomly buzzed in for gags or boss battles. 

I actually think Titans, despite all it's gratuitous changes, did a better job developing the Crash universe, especially the hero cast. Say what you will about the gibbering or tattoos, but Crash was REALLY likeable in that game. Shame the other Radical games were mostly just all about humour and trying to be hip.

Concerning new 'remasters' (even VV admit the term is stretching it) I'm all for it so long as they don't eclipse opportunities for new titles. I'love a HD Crash Team Racing or even an N Sane-ified remake of Wrath of Cortex, but if such projects would end up delaying or cutting down development time for a big new Crash game, I'd rather just play the originals for now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea I'd prefer a new one instead involving Tawana coming back. I noticed the new her in a picture in 3

That's because there was a picture of her in the old 3 too. 

Myself, Twinsanity is my second favourite Crash game behind CTR. Love the gameplay, love the humour, love the style. That being said, I dunno if there's the interest there or need for an entire remake of the game. I'd think a Twinsanity DX kind of thing might be more manageable, with the second island that ended up cut, maybe some stuff added to the 10th dimension and bug fixes. Honestly, I'd be okay if they just straight up ported it as a PS2 Classic. 

• Thumbs Up 2

A remake of Twinsanity could be incredibly honestly, especially if they added in the unfinished or unused content. Not super likely, all things considered, but it'd be cool to see.

Though I'd still rather just get a new Crash game. I'm really interested in seeing what they could do with a brand new game where they aren't held back by needing to 100% faithfully recreate the levels and all that. That said, I'd love it if they went for something like Twinsanity with regards to a connected world and stuff like that since I thought that was a fantastic idea, but a more classic setup would be fine too...maybe a combination of the two? A few worlds with connected levels? Not sure how viable that'd be on a technical level but just throwing out ideas, lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

The letter in question:

wp-image-1802945776.jpg?w=676

This literally what I've been asking for. Twinsanity brought back and this time fully realized with the cut content that would've made it even greater than it was before!

So, it's got my full support!

Also,

wp-image-1054597667.jpg?w=676

Let’s begin this Thursday with a nice letter and illustration done by Keith Webb, who was the artist behind the cult favorite game, Crash Twinsanity. He has been calling out for a remake/remaster of the game with all cut content included, with fans using the #SaveTwinsanity hashtag.

Heck to the yes.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

Honestly, a Twinsanity remake is just as up there as a new Crash game for me. I loved the original Twinsanity and always wanted to see a full version of the game. There was so many cool concepts in it that ended up removed. Like for example, there was to be an entire reverse of the Crash saving Cortex named the Rehab Lab where Crash and Cortex would have ended up switching factions when they arrived (Crash being evil, Cortex being nice and hating it). This would've led to Crash having to launch traps upon traps onto a running Cortex (who likely would've been jumping between nice comments and insults) in order to restore Cortex to evil again.

Not to mention the other stuff like Evil Coco, Gone a Bit Coco, the entirely cut dimension etc etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Not to mention the other stuff like Evil Coco, Gone a Bit Coco, the entirely cut dimension etc etc.

The list goes on.

Remember most of Crash's foes showing up at the "birthday party"? Yeah, guys like Tiny, Nitrus Oxide, hell even Ripper Roo and Pinstripe were gonna get boss fights!

I forget if Coc was supposed to be playable too, but regardless.

Crash Twinsanity, more fine-tuned, not rushed, and filled with its cut content is the equivalent of a new game and a half if you ask me!

18 hours ago, Jango said:

I'm very pleased to share this with you guys:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-activision-game-remasters-are-likely-after-cr/1100-6452263/So buy your tickets and pick a seat, because this hype train is going to Dragon Shores!

I'll be so fucking happy if the original Spyro Trilogy gets remastered. Fingers crossed!

As for Twinsanity, for me it's easily the best Crash game outside of the original trilogy. A remake/remaster would be nice. Of course if Activision keeps sticking to remasters then it could be a while until we get a brand-new game, or maybe never...

Honestly, I'd prefer a new game.

inb4 why can't we have both

For me CTR is a must, we NEED a great kart racing in this generation that doesn't have "Mario" slapped on it, if Sumo won't do another All-Stars Racing.

Or better yet, VV could partner with Sumo to create a brand new CTR in the vein of the original.

Spyro is happening tho', mark my words. 

Twinsanity I don't think so, but I would love.

I need to go look at twinsanity honestly after ctr crash games started to crash no pun for me in excitement

• 1 month later...

Gonna bump this thread as it's related to the series, Funko Pop figures are coming this November

Pop! Games: Crash Bandicoot™

The hit platform video game Crash Bandicoot™
is now receiving the Pop! vinyl treatment!

This series features the high-speed, energetic Crash Bandicoot,
the short-tempered, reckless boss Neo Cortex and more!

Look for the black and white Crash
Bandicoot – a chase variant with a rarity of 1-in-6!

Collect them this Fall!  

Be on the lookout for exclusives!

• Flocked Crash Bandicoot, only at GameStop.
  • Crash Bandicoot with Jet Pack can be found only at Toys “R” Us.
  • At Best Buy, Glow in the Dark Crash Bandicoot!
  • Crash Bandicoot in Biker outfit available only at Hot Topic.

Coming this November!

21731492_1554626194606557_3712307480569817265_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

'member when people used to say Crash would never sell this much in today's gaming market?

I'm eager to see what Activision and VV have in store!

Update: It even won a brief article on Forbes!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/09/24/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-has-sold-over-2-5-million-copies-on-ps4/

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 3