Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Activision and Sony surely will demand more remakes or perhaps new games of classic IPs

Sony and other big companies maybe. 

Activision though,  I still don't trust them as far as they threw the WFC  Transformers series down the bin after Rise of the Dark,  a mistake they weren't willing to fess up to. 

Yes, Activision can be a butt, but Crash, so far at least, has done everything right, all thanks to the good folks at Vicarious Visions of course. I really want them to keep making more Crash stuff, new or remake, IDC. It would be stupid not to do so, it's like SEGA not wanting to make more games like Sonic Mania. Both games had huge shoes to fill, they were risky projects based on a lot of nostalgia, but it worked incredibly well in the end. If they had flopped, tho', then it would be easier to understand...

I also picture Spyro in the exact same scenario as Crash, I mean, besides Gran Turismo and Tomb Raider, Crash AND Spyro were the face of PlayStation, and if a Spyro Trilogy is made with the same love and care, it's basically a money printer in form of game. People will buy a Spyro Trilogy, no doubt about.

34 minutes ago, Jango said:

It would be stupid not to do so,

Again, remember that Activision is a factor here.

Whereas EA is evil and conniving,  Activision are dumb,  money grubbing,  and terribly close-minded.

Crash was doing perfectly fine financial wise for them even with the quality of Mind Over Mutant yet still we got the drought of Crash that only last year was quenched.  Spyro while not as well known got a fate even worse than death.  The Cybertron series got torpedoed because,  SHOCK, merging it into a rushed movie tie-in, which Activision themselves were responsible for,  caused it to sell modestly compared to its predecessors. And despite the new King's Quest doing swell,  we haven't heard any word about more to come let alone reports on Activision not letting the series die again. 

Look,  Activision are a company with plenty of money to put into their IPs, yet,  history has shown they're not often willing to use it properly or are all. They've burned way too much goodwill for me to not be heavily apprehensive,  no matter how good a game of theirs is and sells.

• 2 weeks later...

wertyje.png?w=676

Good news, they removed the guy who hacked the leaderboards of N. Sane! *hurray*

P.S. I am fully aware of the whole "unannounced" project shenanigans.

2 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

What's  this about an unannounced title?

Dan, the director of N. Sane, has an unannounced title listed on his work profile, although I suggest against looking it up as LinkedIn tells him who has viewed his page in fear of people going after him.

Knowing what Coco can do, her internet is probably powered by something on a whole different level to Wi-Fi. 

Back to that old discussion: is Crash back at being PlayStation's exclusive or not? More and more it feels like so and not even a PC port will see the light of the day... Unless they do like SEGA and port the game almost 3 years later (Sonic Lost World). The modding possibilities, man... Also, possible 60FPS mode. C'mon, Activision.

I'd really like a Switch port for the N-Sane trilogy. I ended up selling my PS4 so it would be great to play this game again. Plus this game would be awesome if it was portable!

Well, um

Anyways, away from that GIF and let's get onto some more merch, because I know we will be waiting a little while for a game post-NST:
  • I have compiled a summary of the First 4 Figures updates, here's what going on:
    • Source: First 4 Figures Blog (Friday QAs of #52#53#54)
    • First 4 Figures have produced a grand total of Aku Aku statues in the following subsections: 250 Golden, 475 Exclusive and finally, 550 tentative factored Combo Pack Masks (needs double-checking according to Alex)
      • It’s production will begin after Majora’s Mask and Spyro are wrapped up.
      • The long-anticipated Crash Bandicoot Resin statue is now estimated to be coming on March 2018 (Q1 2018 – Sneak Peek)
      • A second new resin is coming afterwards, no details yet.
  • Crash Bandicoot was the mascot sponser for Sweden's Hockey Championship in 1999/2000, fun fact!
  • Check within your retailer for the Totaku figure, they are starting to get preorder listings up, ask me about the assorted retailers having those preorder pages up since I am not sure about linking to my fansite blog just solely for that...

We've got a good look at the upcoming Totaku figures, as well as a reveal of some Wave 2 characters! (One of which might interest you guys):

Man, that Crash figure looks sweet!

I think mine is either Dingodile's theme or Cortex's Warped theme.

Both took a more rock focused approach to the already amazing melodies, however the instruments are varied enough so that's not just a ''rock cover'' of the songs.

Particularly Dingodile's theme, one thing I loved in it is that the original song, during the climax, sounded like it couldn't reach the note it wanted, like it wasn't high enough. Here, they manage to hit that high note, on a guitar solo no less.

To compare, notice how the note goes higher on the remix.

http://trade-media.com.au/news/read/2017-anz-igea-top-ten-charts/

Activision has dominated the 2017 in Australia and New Zealand, taking out the top two spots in both territories.

The Call of Duty juggernaut returned to the top of the charts, with WWII the number one seller in both Australia and New Zealand. It is joined at the top of the charts by the outrageously successful Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy. Both titles took out seven numbers ones each in both countries last year – a massive feat. In total, Activision claimed 16 Australian and 17 New Zealand number ones out of a possible 52.

SourceMCV Pacific

Crash Bandicoot has dominated the top charts for the entirety of 2017 in Australia and New Zealand, staging only behind CoD by being No. 2 (!!!)

Another meme from the official account:

We've got... more merch stuff and where Crash stands in the newest weekly UK Charts:

Merchandise of a character that's not Crash, Cortex or the masks? Man, they're just being so generous.

Seriously though where's the merch of other characters

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, so... Rumours are rumours. But you know this guy. And you know Sony. And now everybody knows their old IPs still sell a lot.

27073055_835610299956687_513467559837497

Shawn just changed his Twitter color scheme to... Purple. Same as he did before announcing the N-Sane Trilogy, changing it to orange. And late last year to green, before announcing MediEvil HD.

VV is working on something. 

It's happening. Calling it, today, January 31st, Spyro the Dragon -a pun- Trilogy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly had no idea what Medievil had particularly to do with the color green honestly.

Anyway, does he change these colors often?

Spyro, please come home. ?

On 1/31/2018 at 6:35 PM, Jango said:

It's happening. Calling it, today, January 31st, Spyro the Dragon -a pun- Trilogy.

Maybe something to do with gems? "Gems Trilogy" is a bit too simple but there might be something there...

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Celestia said:

Spyro, please come home. ?

Maybe something to do with gems? "Gems Trilogy" is a bit too simple but there might be something there...

Spyro Glimmer Trilogy

Spyro Kingdom Trilogy

Spyro Dragon Shores Trilogy

Spyro G-Nasty Trilogy

Spyro N-Somniac Trilogy XD

I'll be so happy if a Spyro Trilogy is announced.

• Thumbs Up 1

G-Nasty Trilogy xD 

Also, anything related to Insomniac is off the table really... 

BTW, Shawn changed his Twitter color to grey, probably because of Shadow of the Colossus. But the dream is never over. 

I honestly to God would flip the shit out if most of VV is involved in the making of the Spyro Trilogy, while another part is working with Sumo Digital on a new CTR. There's a rumor running about Sumo being developing a new racing game (which at fisrt was though to be a new Sonic All-Stars entry), so who knows?

But that would be TOO perfect.