Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

That's small fry compared to Cortex's plan being to make a mate for Tawna Carmen so she can breed and make super soldier children. Bear in mind that she's sapient and humanoid at this point.  

Just been confirmed in the Nintendo Direct. The N-Sane trilogy is coming to Switch on July 10th.

...Eh. On second thought, I'll be sticking with the PS4 version. (Even if I do have the least optimised way to play it on that console...)

So everyone gets to play it regardless of console, and Sony got a year to enjoy the biggest slice of pie. 

Seems right for it. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

10 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

So everyone gets to play it regardless of console, and Sony got a year to enjoy the biggest slice of pie. 

Seems right for it. 

The best part of this for me, that means that Spyro will most likely get the same treatment too. Which is fucking hyped because I never beat Year of the Dragon.

Damn you anti-piracy measures and third world countries.

And thanks for beta testing the game for us XBONE and Switch users :^)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I'm happy more people get to experience these classic games now. I may have grown up with Crash on PlayStation, but I don't think it's a bad thing for NST to spread to other platforms.

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

The best part of this for me, that means that Spyro will most likely get the same treatment too. Which is fucking hyped because I never beat Year of the Dragon.

Damn you anti-piracy measures and third world countries.

And thanks for beta testing the game for us XBONE and Switch users :^)

I know that feel bro. I could never properly finish Year of the Dragon because of it :/ All my PS1 and 2 games were pirated. I'm not proud at all of this fact, but that's how it was here, sadly. But I paid my sins (and debits) when I got the PS3 and now the PS4, every game I've bought and will ever buy is original. And they're expensive here... Really fucking expensive. 

But yay, Crash for everyone!!!

8 minutes ago, Jango said:

I know that feel bro. I could never properly finish Year of the Dragon because of it :/ All my PS1 and 2 games were pirated. I'm not proud at all of this fact, but that's how it was here, sadly. But I paid my sins (and debits) when I got the PS3 and now the PS4, every game I've bought and will ever buy is original. And they're expensive here... Really fucking expensive. 

Same here neighbor. I remember buying like four copies of Year of the Dragon but always getting either my save deleted or never managing to progress properly. And I didn't know english back then so I had no clue what was going on. I only learned about the anti-piracy measures a few years ago. 

Until a few years back Latin America was always left behind  ?

But if the Spyro thing is true then that will all be left in the past. 

B L E S S M E A C T I V I S I O N G O D S 

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn straight, amigo.

I knew a bit of english because I wanted to learn the language, at very young age even. I wanted to learn more about english than brazilian portuguese xD 

So with my sister's help and a dictionary, we figured it out what was going on with our copy of the game... YotD was the Spyro game I've played most, because the save file kept getting deleted, meaning I've restarted the game again and again... I know the exact location of EVERY freaking gem and egg of world 1 hahaha Still my all time favorite. 

As for Crash, hopefully these ports will have fixes and improvements that can be patched to the PS4 version aswell. I already see the Nintendo Switch version got the short straw, graphics look a bit downgraded (notice how the characters barely have any apparent fur). This probably was done to run the game better. If anything, the Xbox One version should have EVEN MORE FUR than the PS4 xD

23 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

Same here neighbor. I remember buying like four copies of Year of the Dragon but always getting either my save deleted or never managing to progress properly. And I didn't know english back then so I had no clue what was going on. I only learned about the anti-piracy measures a few years ago. 

Until a few years back Latin America was always left behind  ?

But if the Spyro thing is true then that will all be left in the past. 

B L E S S M E A C T I V I S I O N G O D S 

Just now, Jango said:

Damn straight, amigo.

I knew a bit of english because I wanted to learn the language, at very young age even. I wanted to learn more about english than brazilian portuguese xD 

So with my sister's help and a dictionary, we figured it out what was going on with our copy of the game... YotD was the Spyro game I've played most, because the save file kept getting deleted, meaning I've restarted the game again and again... I know the exact location of EVERY freaking gem and egg of world 1 hahaha Still my all time favorite. 

As for Crash, hopefully these ports will have fixes and improvements that can be patched to the PS4 version aswell. I already see the Nintendo Switch version got the short straw, graphics look a bit downgraded (notice how the characters barely have any apparent fur). If anything, it's more nostalgic like this! If anything, the Xbox One Gerson should have EVEN MORE FUR than the PS4 xD

You guys actually played that version of the game? I was always curious what Insomniac did exactly when I read about it on Cutting Room Floor and saw some of the glitch videos on Youtube.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know what they're on about:

1 minute ago, Jango said:

(notice how the characters barely have any apparent fur)

The fur is there. You might have a spot of trouble seeing it, but it's actually a tint of blur you're viewing in the visionary department. Which for a portable version of a "Fur-K' game ain't too shabby by any measure. Still looks up to par and that it'll handle swell in frames and motion with no notable loss in quality. Keen as usual and should be.

And of course, it goes without saying, the more people who get to enjoy Crash Bandicoot however they want, the better!

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

If anything, the Xbox One Gerson should have EVEN MORE FUR than the PS4 xD

Considering it's the console with the lower specs of the two, that joke doesn't really make much sense. *Shrug*

Yes... It was an incredibly elaborated anti-piracy method. They even got a character IN THE ACTUAL GAME, tell the player he/she was playing a pirated copy. I felt like shit when I understood the situation.

Been a while since I played Crash on a Nintendo home console (Wrath of Cortex anyone?) so seeing the orange guy popping up on the Switch will be all the more satisfying.

33 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

The fur is there. You might have a spot of trouble seeing it, but it's actually a tint of blur you're viewing in the visionary department. Which for a portable version of a "Fur-K' game ain't too shabby by any measure. Still looks up to par and that it'll handle swell in frames and motion with no notable loss in quality. Keen as usual and should be.

And of course, it goes without saying, the more people who get to enjoy Crash Bandicoot however they want, the better!

Considering it's the console with the lower specs of the two, that joke doesn't really make much sense. *Shrug*

It was a joke about the original Xbox and Crash Wrath of Cortex. Crash had WAY TOO MUCH fur in that version of the game... It was ugly as all hell. The Switch downgrade must indeed be when the console is in portable mode. I actually like the "plastic" feel of Crash's model, it looks nostalgic.

BTW, I'm talking about the footage shown during the DIRECT, not the official trailer. The trailer's footage is likely from the PC version, it looks even better than it looks on PS4. 60FPS please!

Also, Uncharted cameo was replaced, Naughty Dog's pawn was removed... Which is obvious haha

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

BTW, I'm talking about the footage shown during the DIRECT, not the official trailer. The trailer was footage is likely from the PC version, it looks even better than it looks on PS4.

Nah, the trailer's fine print says it's PS4 gameplay.

12 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You guys actually played that version of the game? I was always curious what Insomniac did exactly when I read about it on Cutting Room Floor and saw some of the glitch videos on Youtube.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know what they're on about:

In South America for the longest time games weren't really... Legal. 

All stores sold you were copy/pirated games with a box and disc art, at a discounted price compared to what you guys paid of course. Even the stores sold hardmodded/softmodded consoles ready for pirate game use. This only started going downhill by the late PS3 and Xbox 360 era, when digital games started getting more relevant and Microsoft and Sony pushed the Latin American market more. Now there's legal ways to get stuff so piracy for new consoles is down... Ish. Nintendo still isn't here officially iirc which fucking blows because you need to import that shit which raises the already-high prices because fuck Latin America. 

It was identical in every way possible. But there were exceptions like Year of the Dragon.

Imagine a guy like me beating Spyro 1 and Spyro Ripto's Rage. Then getting Year of the Dragon and finding you constantly hitting a roadblock because some damn anti-piracy coding which restarted your progress every damn time. I thought my game was faulty considering sometimes games weren't properly burned but eventually I gave up thinking I was dumb. 

I still haven't beaten Year of the Dragon to this day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

I still haven't beaten Year of the Dragon to this day. 

Man, I think the worst of all, was when you SOMEWAY SOMEHOW managed to unlock Sorceress' portal -which is nearly impossible because it requires a certain ammount of gems and eggs, and another anti-piracy method was simply DELETING everything you've collected every hour- and, 5 seconds into the boss battle the game fades to black and restarts to world 1 at 0%. HOLY. CRAP. I've cried a lot back at the day lol

The piracy thing was real, I think even more so around here than in Argentina. Today, for example, a new game costs around 200 to 250BRL, which is around 68USD or so. Some are cheaper, most Sony exclusives are actually around 150BRL which is 45USD. Just to compare, with that same ammount of money, I could buy around 25 pirated games back in the 90's. So yeah, I've already paid my debit with the country and gaming industry xD

Can't believe I'm gonna be able to play remakes of the original 3 Crash Bandicoot games on a Nintendo console.

Seriously, if you would've told me such a thing would happen 5 years ago, I'd have said you were crazy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Two of the best 3d platofrmers of last year on the same console...god i love my Switch. I'll be happy to double dip for my boy Crash of it means playing my childhood on the go like this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Crash on Switch sounds like a great deal to me. It'll be nice to be able to play the games on the go.

Plus, it means if my nephews ever get a Switch, they'll have access to the game. Oh, and it's on Xbox One, too. Probably won't get the Xbone version (at least not for myself), but those with an Xbox One but no PS4 or Switch have a great experience to look forward to, so I'm glad it exists.

And I say this as someone who's argued for why it couldn't happen. But in this case, I'm actually glad to be wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Wwll if they do it like sonic forces and release a enhanced version for one x than it will be the best looking and fastest running