Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Nice there was the odd improvement here and there with the PS4 patch.

Dingodile's defeat line was added (thought that might have been intended given the awkward pause before the warp teleport appears) and the Crash 2 cutscenes now dim the warp room a little. I definitely noticed some difference in load times, and you can now skip the intro.

There's still a few bugs and rough edges I would have liked tweaked (they could have used the opportunity to fine tune Coco a bit, at the very least give her a life icon, and the Crash 2 cutscenes are better but still have that awkward 'snap to default' animation) but it's definitely more tune up than I expected from a year old game.

Future Tense is pretty good (and tough as hell). I just hope if VV keeps designing new games and levels they won't all start from this difficulty level. :P

• Thumbs Up 4

Future Tense is tricky. Way easier than Stormy Ascent, that's for sure. I beat it once, but missed a ton of crates. Right now I'm exploring the level hoping to find these missing crates. It's so awesome to play a NEW Crash level after so many years, finding every secret, learning the enemies and obstacles timing. Level design is solid and creative. Man, Crash is so good to play.

Give us more Vicarious Visions!

They do seem to get the classic Crash level design well (though it's to be expected given their GBA titles were also pretty solid), though I wouldn't mind if they also deviated a bit in a new Crash game, that more dynamic level they made for their test level looked pretty awesome. A bit of both worlds could make an excellent game.

Beat it again, missed 4 boxes, what?! Nooo 😧

Man, there's a 

tough skull route in this. Let's see if I can find the 4 missing crates.

Found it! The time relic isn't necessary to unlock the trophy.

Awesome level. Wonder if there's any well hidden easter egg teasing a new game.

So, I picked up the Switch version today, and honestly, if it's true only one man did this port...wow. Give him a promotion. It plays really nicely on Switch, probably PS4 quality with a graphical downgrade obviously (Not a major one though). It's a really fun portable title.

We've come a long way from these days.

It's funny how quite a few folk prefer the less "Fur-K" furry look of Crash on the Switch version. Mostly because a lot think he looks less awkward that way. 

9 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

In fairness N Tranced was a pretty good Crash game for its hardware.

I wasn't knocking N Tranced. It's one of my favourite games in the series and honestly one that holds the most nostalgia with Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity as those three were my intro to the series. 

I'm simply saying it's insane that we've gone from needing a portable 2D 16-Bit Crash game to fill that hole to having a port of the HD Crash trilogy that runs beautifully and plays beautifully, it puts it all in perspective.

42 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

insane that we've gone from needing a portable 2D 16-Bit Crash game to fill that hole to having a port of the HD Crash trilogy that runs beautifully and plays beautifully, 

Heh, said Nintendo port also being portable itself in HD. How about that. 

The golden relic was all I managed to get... Final game percentage: 108% o.O

Man. They should totally make a new Crash 2 level aswell, then each game will have its own DLC. 

Oh, and since today was the re-release day, I couldn't resist buying more Crash stuff, eventhough it's not one of the ports (spoiler'd for the size):

IMG_20180624_153649653.jpg

Saw this in a book store today, had to.

Got this today. In the Switch now ready to play tomorrow. First Crash game I got in years.

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

Got this today. In the Switch now ready to play tomorrow. First Crash game I got in years.

Only logical. It's the first Crash game released in years. :P

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

The golden relic was all I managed to get... Final game percentage: 108% o.O

Man. They should totally make a Crash 2 DLC aswell, then each game will have its own DLC. 

Oh, and since today was the re-release day, I couldn't resist buying more Crash stuff, eventhough it's not one of the ports (spoiler'd for the size):

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20180624_153649653.jpg

Saw this in a book store today, had to.

Not bad. I have the glow in the dark one.

It'd be cool if we got one more patch, a Crash 2 DLC, a few remaining bug fixes, and maybe a HUD icon for Coco.

• Chuckle 1

BTW, I'm pretty sure the patch I've downloaded was the 1.05 version, but I saw screenshots on Reddit of people downloading a 1.06 version...!? I could be wrong tho', I'll check my game's version tomorrow since I'm already laying down :P

Either way, everything mentioned was updated and the DLC worked perfectly (after I bought it hehe).

Man, do you know how much merch my local game brought in for the Crash port releases? It was crazy; the keychains from before, wallets, bottle openers, stressballs, coasters, the golden Totaku Crash, fuzzy baseball caps, t-shirts, even a new official Switch controller. 

I spent just over £100 on Crash. Hey, it was my payday.

Another tweak noticed: Bye Bye Blimps can now be done as both Crash and Coco (it was a Coco exclusive for some reason originally).

Some are also saying some of the vehicle controls have been tightened a little, though trying them myself, I'm not certain whether that's true or just the 'placebo effect'.

Oh no, the jet-ski level still controls kinda bad like the 2017 release, OG Crash 3 is better. All I wanted fixed was the high jump (crouch and jump) delay. I swear to God you have to push the circle button with a strenght of 10 men to do it sometimes... I don't even mind the quickier/snapier jump (it's great in time trials) and the pill collision I just got used to it. Other than that, I love this remake. Can't wait to see the mods on PC. I wonder if there's a demo, I want to see if my laptop can handle it at least on medium settings before double diping.

11 hours ago, Jango said:

BTW, I'm pretty sure the patch I've downloaded was the 1.05 version, but I saw screenshots on Reddit of people downloading a 1.06 version...!?

Probably a US/EU difference. I'm in the UK and the update brought my copy of the game up to version 1.06.

====================

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the updates so far. Playing the game digitally on an OG PS4 obviously wasn't a great option initially (unfortunately, it was also my ONLY option at the time) so I wasn't playing it as much as I'd hoped.

Now, though? It plays really well! I might actually get around to finishing each game this time around. Even Crash 1!

Although I still plan on getting the Switch version eventually, I think I can safely hold off on it for a little while longer now.

10 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

Probably a US/EU difference. I'm in the UK and the update brought my copy of the game up to version 1.06.

====================

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the updates so far. Playing the game digitally on an OG PS4 obviously wasn't a great option initially (unfortunately, it was also my ONLY option at the time) so I wasn't playing it as much as I'd hoped.

Now, though? It plays really well! I might actually get around to finishing each game this time around. Even Crash 1!

Although I still plan on getting the Switch version eventually, I think I can safely hold off on it for a little while longer now.

Probably then a South America / UK difference hehe Bought mine on the brazilian PS Store. Still, everything is working fine!

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

Probably then a South America / UK difference hehe Bought mine on the brazilian PS Store. Still, everything is working fine!

*shrugs* It's a difference, nonetheless. I've seen it with a few PS4 games, where some countries have a higher patch number than others, for some reason.

I finally managed to do a no-hit, no-death playthrough of Future Tense with Coco (collecting both gems) which I have recorded:

My god that was tough to achieve!

Overall I think it's a well design level. More enjoyable than Stormy Ascent :D

I really appreciate the quicker loading times in the 1.06 PS4 update. Also, that you can now skip cutscenes and the long opening intro (which really should have been an option when the game was first released last year).

Small side note: The Spyro easter egg isn't in the Switch port. Tested it last night on PS4 - it's meant to remain on the Warped selection as you input the code, but it doesn't do this on Switch.

My PS4 version doesn't even require the Warped code to watch the Spyro trailer now. The game selection screen just shows that pressing R2 will start the trailer.

Still, bit of an odd omission for the Switch port. Unless they removed it because there's no planned Switch version of Spyro right now...

1 minute ago, NegaMetallix said:

My PS4 version doesn't even require the Warped code to watch the Spyro trailer now. The game selection screen just shows that pressing R2 will start the trailer.

That's also the case for me - although I just assumed that it was only if you did the code before. I tested the code itself to see if it still worked.

Possibly. Unfortunately, I also inputted the code before the patch, so I wouldn't know for sure.

The Spyro trailer isn't in the Switch because this version isn't confirmed... Yet. Would be weird to advertise a game coming out to yours rival console. But it's probably coming to the Switch. I mean, the official Nintendo website leaked it... No chance that was a simple mistake.

Speaking of which, what is in Coco's laptop in the other versions?