Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Totally forgot to post back here:

IMG_20160925_133537736_zpsoszc0i1s.jpg

I couldn't resist getting all the gems, since unlike Crash 1, it's a pleasure not a pressure :) I'll see if I can give Crash 3 a spin too, but maybe next week.

Sorry for the double post, but I was just re-watching some CNK gameplay, and well...

Would you please have a look at the intro cutscene. The recreation of Crash's home and Cortex's island/lair is spot on, especially the later (even the moon texture is reminiscent of the ND games). If the remakes are anything close to this, there's no reason to believe they won't look like the old games, but better. The question is, can VV hit the all the right buttons (gameplay and sound)? Also, even the energetic introduction (UNIVERSAL INTERACTIVE PRESENTS...) they got it right with CNK.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Totally forgot to post back here:

IMG_20160925_133537736_zpsoszc0i1s.jpg

I couldn't resist getting all the gems, since unlike Crash 1, it's a pleasure not a pressure :) I'll see if I can give Crash 3 a spin too, but maybe next week.

Crash 2 is the quickest to 100%, although still not easy. I once 100%d it in just over 2 hours, lol.

Still the best Crash game for me. The controls are perfect. The hub level selection layout works so well and those colored gems.

The only gem I couldn't find without help was the red one. I know you get to it via the secret entrance (near the start) in "Air Crash" but I never thought of landing on that small platform. Please tell me I wasn't the only one who took ages to work out how to get the Blue gem :D

So looking forward to the remastered version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hehehe, in Crash 2 I didn't got any gem by "cheating". I know it's possible to get the Red gem without using the secret entrance (17:22 mark), but I never could do the trick... I did discovered all the other secrets by myself, except the Blue gem secret... the internet was still in its early days when I played Crash 2 on my PS1, so I only 100%'d the game years later.

I did, however, got the Yellow gem in Crash 3 by cheating. Pretty much like in Crash 2, you can spot the gem in a regular level (they really were naughty, teasing us like this), but you "can't" get it. Well I did, after loosing a lot of lifes, I've managed to land a jump on the secret pathway of the arabian level in world 2, and got the gem. Never felt so dirty and happy at the same time, I used to say I "fooled" the game. Then I've finished the game and acessed the secret world, played the level that was the pathway to the Yellow gem... my head was blown. 

Super excited for this, but it's going to take a lot to make Crash 1 enjoyable to me. That game has NOT stood the test of time, at all. 

I say it does if you're playing just for fun, not the 100% completion. If they can fix the save system, it would already make a great difference. The gem challenge is hard, but what makes the general experience nearly impossible is not being able to save after every level (and reset to only 4 lifes if you turn off the game).

As for the gameplay, I don't think they will touch it that much. Crash 1 is heavy and slippery at the same time, I wish they could try and make it plays like Crash 2, minus the dash and belly flop.. maybe.

I'm so happy that these remasters are coming. It's been 8 years since the last Crash game, and they're going to back to his roots. Hopefully, Vicarious Visions don't screw this up, although I'm confident enough in them that I'm sure they won't.

On a side note, anyone else hopes that the PS2 versions of Crash: TWoC and Twinsanity get released on the PS4? Really want to play those games again, especially Twinsanity.

For those who were more sure that Josh Mancell would join Vicarious Visions to compose the remastered soundtracks for Crash Bandicoot Remastered trilogy, I have bad news unfortunately (which also saddens me but not concerned over VV figuring this out):

Someone managed to get Skylanders Imaginators early. In his walkthrough, only Neo Cortex and Crash are played. But here, you get to see Crash's cutscene for unlocking his Sky-Chi at a Brawler Shrine.

For those who were more sure that Josh Mancell would join Vicarious Visions to compose the remastered soundtracks for Crash Bandicoot Remastered trilogy, I have bad news unfortunately (which also saddens me but not concerned over VV figuring this out):

Fuck. These remixes better be as good and thoughful as Sonic Generations'. But even then, SEGA called musicians to remix their own original songs... What's the matter with calling Josh and Mark, maybe just to give some assistance?

I sincerelly hope for the best for Josh from now on, I'm really sad for him... It would've have been an honor to compose for Crash Bandicoot one more time. You could see on his Facebook how excited he was about this opportunity.

3 hours ago, TombRaiderBendy said:

So, if this is true, that means that they're coming out on my birthday?

Oh, man. It's like a dream come true! That's also pretty eariler than I expect them to come out. Either way, we'll see if this is the actual release date or not.

This can't be! Unless the game was in fact in the works behind the scenes years ago (most well kept secret in the history of gaming). But then WHY they didn't had anything to show at E3? Not even a screenshot?... Nothing so far...

IDK, I'll believe it if we see something REALLY solid during the PS Experience in December.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is rumored to be the boxart:

Crash-Bandicoot-PS4-Release-Date-Remaste

Looks incredibly fake to me, and looks like photoshopped Skylanders art, but there it supposedly is. As for the release date, I'm doubting it unless we see gameplay at PS Experience, because otherwise, they aren't gonna release a game in 4 months without gameplay or screenshots. 

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Looks incredibly fake to me, and looks like photoshopped Skylanders art, but there it supposedly is. As for the release date, I'm doubting it unless we see gameplay at PS Experience, because otherwise, they aren't gonna release a game in 4 months without gameplay or screenshots. 

Extremely unlikely, especially since Sony's had to delay every game announced for them so far. And before anyone quotes that the Nintendo launch is in 6 months, assumably with at least 10 games in the first 2 months, well Nintendo Ninja's keep their secrets well, and we know games have been in development for year or 3 now, just don't know what they are

Crash-Bandicoot-PS4-Release-Date-Remastered-box-art-rumour-552899.jpg

PEGI 4 doesn't exist right? So it's fake. The render is from Skylanders.

Just now, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

PEGI 4 doesn't exist right? So it's fake. The render is from Skylanders.

Nice catch, didn't notice that myself. Yeah, PEGI 4 doesn't exist, so it's a fake.

Seriously tho, during the Experience I'm expecting nothing but a bombastic trailer AND a demo. We've suffered long enough, good people ?

4 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

This is not the real box, its a fanmade one, I don't know why people assumed its the real one, it does look convincing thou

Tbh, I thought that boxart was fake right from the get-go. It looked so lazily made that I thought it couldn't be real, and it turns it isn't real

Also, the PEGI-4 rating give it away rather quickly. Seriously, you couldn't use a real rating?

• Thumbs Up 1

And heeee's back! Sorta!

Here's the Thumpin' Wumpa Islands FULL LEVEL gameplay.

This is what we have untill the remakes :D

For those disappointed that Josh Mancell won't be a part of the remasters, have faith in VV and hope the same team that did the Thumpin Wumpa Islands Soundtrack works on the Remasters (Which they probably do), why?

Because the track just nails the style Josh had going for the first game, even the instruments sound similar, it's almost like a brand new track from the first game.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...