Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Also, his model proportion wise looks closer to the games (insanely like his CNK model), and his fur more natural and less "woody".

The voice tho, I gotta hear more of it. I wonder if this series is on Netflix Brazil?

1 hour ago, Jango said:

WELL DAMN!

BRASH CANDICOOT DEBUT IN THE NETFLIX'S ORIGINAL SKYLANDERS CARTOON! AND HE CAN TALK!

The return of Austrailian Crash is finally upon us!

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder how many old-school Crash fans are gonna get triggered by him talking.

Also, neat accent. Was that a reference to that old Crash 2 commercial?

I dunno, but I do legitimately like what I've heard from the netflix actor.

Yeah, I agree. The whole blabbing thing from Crash Tag Team Racing to Crash: Mind Over Mutant was really annoying. So glad they didn't make him speak like that here.

Anyways, I might watch the episode later. I've never been into Skylanders, but I'm interested to see what this episode is like, and if I enjoy it, maybe I'll watch the rest of the series as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

More of Crash:

:D

They've teleported (?) Crash in the middle of a battle with Neo Cortex, and since he mentioned TAWNA (!), it probably was the last battle of Crash 1! Also, and he introduces himself, the original theme songs plays :D

You don't even know the halfovit, mate!

• Thumbs Up 6

Aside from the GBA games, this show is pretty much the meet up every fan of Crash and Spyro wanted, with the titular character interacting and helping each other... and it's completely rendered horrible by Spyro's Skylanders' design. Thanks again, Activision.

Crash's voice and attitude are fine though. Approved.

• Thumbs Up 5

19 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Aside from the GBA games, this show is pretty much the meet up every fan of Crash and Spyro wanted, with the titular character interacting and helping each other... and it's completely rendered horrible by Spyro's Skylanders' design. Thanks again, Activision.

Exaggerating a bit much there?

How come? I still enjoyed Crash design and voice, and the voice actor they chose for Spyro is solid too, but you can't negate that he has the worst appearance ever since its creation as a character.

I don't understand why this design was never rebooted in between one Skylander game and the next.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, Jango said:

he's guilable, but knows how to distinguish good from evil.

Eh...what happened in Crash 2 encroaches on contradicting the latter quite a lot. It's one thing for Knuckles to believe Eggman in Sonic 3, but at least he was a stranger to him, not someone who had literally tried to kill him not long before. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Teoskaven said:

How come? I still enjoyed Crash design and voice, and the voice actor they chose for Spyro is solid too, but you can't negate that he has the worst appearance ever since its creation as a character.

I don't understand why this design was never rebooted in between one Skylander game and the next.

Still, saying the entire event is rendered horrible because of Spyro's design is quite an overstatement don't you think? It might be the fact I'm used to the design and I never minded it too much, but honestly, for me, saying the fact a Spyro cartoon has a Crash crossover episode is completely ruined because Spyro looks ugly to you is overblowing the entire thing out of proportion. :U

Also ''the worst appearance ever since it's creation as a character''

Let me introduce you to the Legend of Spyro series, where either Spyro's mouth goes all the way to the back of his disproportionate head, or he's a buff dragon with shiny skin.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, maybe too guilable hehe

Or.. not? What if Crash knew all along it was a trap and was gathering the crystals for himself in order to stop Cortex? IIRC, before the battle with N. Gin, Cortex demands Crash to handle the crystals, which he (you) ignore and kick his butt instead.

ALSO, I'M ABOUT TO WATCH THE EPISODE ON NETFLIX.

Edit: the brazilian dub didn't played the games, as Crash uses the male pronoun when referring to Tawna ??? I'm gonna watch in english, tho.

Edit2: Crash's render is soooooo good, now THAT'S the Naughty Dog render in HD. The Skylanders' render (the game) took more inspiration from Zembillas' sketches (which is awesome too).

Edit3: isn't this a kids show??? One of the evil characters (a witch) just said "shit's gonna get real" o.O

Edit4: OMG, Spyro becomes the biggest Crash fanboy ever, he's dressing like him, with sneakers, the mohawk and even fake eyebrowns xD

Edit5: episode's over, Crash's so cool!! The references, the way he looks, talks and acts are all very nice. He's confident, but not cocky like Sonic for example. The only weird thing is the "extreme" battle cry he keeps on repeating sometimes, which isn't very funny, but it's nothing cringeworthy. One thing I found really funny: one of the bad guys refers to Crash as a "fox in jeans", and basically no one knows what a bandicoot is. Great references.

And damn, who would've thought that after 8 years we would be watching Crash on Netflix? This is surreal.

3 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Still, saying the entire event is rendered horrible because of Spyro's design is quite an overstatement don't you think? It might be the fact I'm used to the design and I never minded it too much, but honestly, for me, saying the fact a Spyro cartoon has a Crash crossover episode is completely ruined because Spyro looks ugly to you is overblowing the entire thing out of proportion. :U

Also ''the worst appearance ever since it's creation as a character''

Let me introduce you to the Legend of Spyro series, where either Spyro's mouth goes all the way to the back of his disproportionate head, or he's a buff dragon with shiny skin.

TBF LOS's design is mostly based on the early concepts by Charles Zembillas for the very first Spyro game but yea I can understand. 

1 minute ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

TBF LOS's design is mostly based on the early concepts by Charles Zembillas for the very first Spyro game but yea I can understand. 

I'm honestly just tired of constantly seeing ''Spyro is ruined because I think his design is ugly'' as a valid and totally non-arbitrary argument these last six years, but ignore me, I derailed this topic long enough already

Holly heckler! Did Crash actually reference Tawna of all people!?

Well,  if that means she's due to reappear in future Crash games, I'm keen on the idea. 

Heh,  assuming the new trilogy is gonna be remakes a opposed to just simple remasters, I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in all three this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually didn't mind TLOS's design. I prefer it to Skylanders by miles. But the character himself definitely still remains Spyro luckily. I'd love to see spyros games get the crash remaster treatment so we could see his original game design in HD with the current voice actor though!

• Thumbs Up 3

32 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

Holly heckler! Did Crash actually reference Tawna of all people!?

Well,  if that means she's due to reappear in future Crash games, I'm keen on the idea. 

Heh,  assuming the new trilogy is gonna be remakes a opposed to just simple remasters, I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in all three this time.

One thing to point out is that he said ''My friend Tawna'' so they're probably retconning their relationship. Fine by me, honestly, VV might actually find something for Tawna to do in the remasters instead of being just the ''prize'' of the first game.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

One thing to point out is that he said ''My friend Tawna'' so they're probably retconning their relationship. Fine by me, honestly, VV might actually find something for Tawna to do in the remasters instead of being just the ''prize'' of the first game.

Sigh,  she might have grown to be more of she hadn't been booted in the first place,  of Coco is anything to go off of. 

Well, I liked the episode and its prologue in the previous episode, although some have mixed feelings about Crash's personality and voice, I have more of mixed feelings towards Crash's voice although it doesn't take away from the homage they did for Crash and Spyro. Yes, I realize how bad Spyro still looks like compared to his previous designs. I think it would be really cool to have a Crash Bandicoot TV Series (especially if Aku Aku talks instead of Crash).

I did felt like the voice they gave him was a bit too rough... but it grown on me pretty fast, heck, it's the first time we actually hear him speaking (aside from that crazy Crash 2 ad). The australian accent was an obvious choice, since bandicoots are found in australia. Dingodile also had a very strong accent.

Aaaaanyways, I loved it a lot! Like I said, who in their right mind would EVER imagine this, after an 8 years hiatus???

I'm just really glad that all this is happening, Crash is one of my most dearest videogame franchises, it's awesome that he's back with new games and cameos like these. He just couldn't be left in oblivion.

• Thumbs Up 2

...Isn't it odd that Dingodile was the only native mutant with an Australian accent? The Komodo Bros are understandable since their species are Indonesian, but everyone else? 

19 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

...Isn't it odd that Dingodile was the only native mutant with an Australian accent? The Komodo Bros are understandable since their species are Indonesian, but everyone else? 

True, Pinstripe is also an australian marsupial (potoroo), but he had the "mobster accent", since well... that was what ND wanted him to be, a mobster with a tommy gun.

The other australian characters, like Koala Kong, never spoke. Coco is also a bandicoot, but she had a regular voice... as for the humans, we know which place Cortex, Brio or even N. Gin are?

The humans I don't really find that weird because it's pretty easy to assume they moved there after being rejected from society. 

N. Tropy had a British accent so it wouldn't surprise me if he were from there, a lot of places say that Cortex was born in Illinois (where the source for that is I don't know), and the other two could have been from the US as well given that Cortex would have had to approach them personally. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I do recall that in CTR's credits roll, we get to know what each character was doing after the game, and a lot of them moved to places in the US.

Man... the nostalgia is strong right now.

• Thumbs Up 1