Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

As ya'll can see Crash is tapping into his inner Sonic here.

https://media.giphy.com/media/10dczZG34ydveE/giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 8

I honestly thought the trailer made it look kinda garbage but the actual gameplay videos are aaaaaaccccceeeee hnnngggg

• Thumbs Up 1

As much I'm looking forward to this, I hope they pretty up the graphics a bit. While the environment looks nice, it looks kinda dim and bland? I'm not sure how to describe it but the game come off as a "Crash in Unreal Engine 4" concept videos you would see on Youtube.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright! I am loving what I am seeing! I will definitely be picking this game up for sure! I loved Crash 2 and 3, and I will be playing those a lot. That said, I can't even wait to see more footage featuring Crash 2 and 3, which have not been shown yet as far as I can see.

Wasn't expecting footage so soon, but this is looking GORGEOUS! Started Crash 1 on PS3 a little while back, but this is looking like so much of an upgrade, I might just wait. Definitely can't wait to see more!

Apparently, they made Crash 1 a bit harder. Seeing how difficult the first Crash was... yeah, I'm probably gonna ignore Crash 1 and just play 2 and 3 when I get this...

Nah, I'll still play it, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

IMPRESSIONS TIME!

Okay, just to lay the foundation here. I've been a huge fan of this character since day one. The quality jump from Crash 1 to 2 was ASTOUNDING. Crash 3 Warped remains to me, the best platformer of the fifth generation and it ranks up as one of my favorite games of all time. Crash Team Racing is another one of my all time favorites.  Like many, i fell off after Naughty Dog left Crash in the hands of Universal. I was deeply saddened to what happened to this character and his franchise. But I'm happy to say that these old wounds are being healed as i type this. I'm not kidding. This may be the best demo I've played in the past decade. First off, the control. I'll be straight up, Crash 1 did not control well and has not aged well at all. The physics were slippery and wonky, the level design was borderline cheap and frustrating. This, however feels like Crash 2 and 3 in the way Crash handles and controls. His weight, momentum, run speed, it all feels just like it did in 1998.  This does not feel like a cheap, shallow imitation of Naughty Dog's games, like Wrath of Cortex did, this feels faithful and authentic. Crash animates and emotes just like he did back in the day, cooky and twitchy. None of that post ND animalistic crap remains.  I can tell the team at Vicarious Visions studied the engine of the orignal games extensively. N-Sanity Beach was an exact 1-1 recreation of the original level. Spinning feels as satisfying as ever and the sound effects are oh so wonderful. The remixed music is fucking fantastic. The visuals look MUCH better than in the trailer. That was definitely an older build. The stages are beautifully rendered and look chock full of life. Seeing it on a computer screen does not do it justice. I cannot wait to see how the sequels turn out visually.  If someone told me Naughty Dog was developing this, without any prior knowledge, i would believe them without question. Sonic Mania has some SERIOUS competition next year for "Best Retro Throwback". If you couldn't tell, i came away very satisfied. I'm already having Crash withdrawals. Send help. 2017 needs to hurry up.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Thumbs Up 8

It's great to know that it plays like Crash 2 and 3! I believe we all asked for it since the original game's controls are pretty heavy and slippery.

Truly this is one remaster plus, as said by VV. I hope they go extra further and add the unused levels from Crash 1. Maybe even have the slide and belly flop unlockable?!

I can't wait to see how the levels from Crash 2 and 3 are looking.

Right now I'm patiently waiting for this to appears on my region's PS Store, to make my pre-order :D

Also, this happened:

Woah. Today was an n-sane day!

• Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Which levels were available for people to play around?

I believe it was just N-Sanity Beach and Heavy Machinery.

For those who don't mind spoilers, here's a glimpse at the famous map and... the intro cutscene!

Lex Lang is killing it! "Quickly, into the Vortex!". I like that Vicarious Visions gave him the right direction: serious tone.

I also loved the new bits with Tawna!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

Jesus I don't know how Lang did it, but GODDAMN he managed to make his usually flamboyant Cortex voice THREATENING AND SCARY.

What's even more impressive, they followed how Cortex in Crash 1 spoke, notice how he never even raises his tone, keeping himself subdued most of the time.

• Thumbs Up 5

56 minutes ago, YoshiParty said:

Apparently, they made Crash 1 a bit harder. Seeing how difficult the first Crash was... yeah, I'm probably gonna ignore Crash 1 and just play 2 and 3 when I get this...

Nah, I'll still play it, lol.

In that regard, here's hoping they made some of the bosses harder( looking at you Pinstripe).

• Thumbs Up 1

And Tawna regains some of my respect for actually fighting against her captors. But I'm still mad she dumped Crash for Pinstripe. Ungrateful floozy.

And yes, Lex Lang KILLS it as always! I'm so glad he's still playing Cortex! His flamboyance is the only thing that rivals Mike Pollock's Eggman performance!

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

And Tawna regains some of my respect for actually fighting against her captors. But I'm still mad she dumped Crash for Pinstripe. Ungrateful floozy.

Can't help but wonder if they'll change that as well for this trilogy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooh, you can actually see the Wumpa Fruit between the slats of the bouncy crate now, nice attention to detail!

• Thumbs Up 1

THAT'S how you do cutscenes in a remake!

I mean, holy crap, it did EVERYTHING right. The characters' voices and personalities were spot-on, the environment was a nice, beefed-up version of the original, and they furthered the cutscene's cinematography with the advances of today's technology and animation. It's nothing short of perfect.

Also, Tawna putting up a fight was a nice touch, gives a bit more to her than "eye candy".

Vicarious Visions was the right company for this job. Congrats, guys, you've managed to live up to my veeeeery high hype and expectations. Now I just want to see Coco and some Crash 2 and 3 stuff!

• Thumbs Up 3

Loving the opening cutscene, and how the new actors are trying as hard as possible to sound akin to the originals without losing their previous characters. Harnell actually sounds like Brendan O Brian's Crash, and Lang is amazingly sinister as Cortex (though Twinsanity made clear he could imitate Brown's voice pretty well anyway). Perhaps most amusingly is Maurice LaMarche trying on the old kooky Brio voice, given how drastically different his version of the character was in Mind over Mutant.

The little extras in animation do it a lot of justice, Tawna putting up a fight gives her a little more character, wonder if she'll have anymore to display (we actually hear some grunts from her, meaning they bothered to give her a VA). Also love Cortex is still playing around and chewing the scenery in a more subtle way. Wonder if Aku Aku will get a bit more elaboration too (I know he's also a tutorial character in the Japanese version).

That remix of Cortex's theme in the background sounds great by the way, a lot like how I'd expect Mancell's original version to have been.

I'm confused by the commentary though, does the remake still support D-Pad or not? If not it takes a few marks off at least, like you said analog stick is a fair bit harder to get used to.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad VV did the intro cutscene justice. It really did benefit from being updated with today's technology. Good performances all around, too.

Also, yeah, it's pretty cool seeing Tawna actually attempt to fight back against her captors. Good to see she's not entirely helpless anymore (though it didn't really bug me when I played the original game). As soon as I learned about that, I was like, "I have to see this for myself."

I don't think I'll be able to see the original cutscene the same way again...

I'm also wondering how "Road to Nowhere" is going to look.

It's been confirmed that the Bonus Stages can be retried if you fail them, just like in Crash 3.