Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 hours ago, Tornado said:

I mean, I was just going to let her stew on it herself, but that works too

Admittedly, one of those quotes I included, she had directed at moi, hence my involvement. A victory on both our fronts, I guess.

A public demo would benefit both sides. People will give a lot of feedback, they are already giving it just by the videos. Kara and Dan from VV said during their panel yesterday, that they lurk message boards and YT videos to read fans opinions.

This is a love letter to the Crash fans, pretty much like Sonic Generations was for Sonic fans, and in a LARGER scale, Sonic Mania now.

The more they listen to the hardcore fans, the better. Surely they don't have to do everything we ask (there's some pretty nipticking requests), but there's also very valid points, like the brightness/contrast issue.

Anyways, the PSX demo is probably veeeery early, eventhough it has one level from the end of the game, they could've made Heavy Machinery first for all we know :V

Anyways, VICARIOUS VISIONS IF YOU'RE READING THIS, RELEASE THE DEMO PLEEEEEASE! IMMA PREORDER!

Y'know, just a thought but they said the remake of the first game would be harder at least than the original?

Well, because of that, maybe that means they're gonna place in Slippery Climb. You have to keep in mind, back during the original, it was a time they were trying to make Crash appeal to anyone they could, and they didn't want to go overly difficult (It was still difficult, don't get me wrong) but Slippery Climb proved to be the worst of it and was cut, even though it was fully complete. We now live in a world that has Dark Souls as one of the most popular game franchises out there to date, so it would be easy to see why they'd remake the level and readd it in this time around, because they know more people love these kinds of overly difficult levels now, and as an easter egg to the original game. 

Wouldn't mind Stormy Ascent being a 100% completion bonus like the last few  3D Super Mario games have Grandmaster Galaxy or Champion's Road. Heck, maybe even give the stage have a gem that'll bump the completion percentage to 105%.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow. I didn't even know about Stormy Ascent. Pretty brutal towards the end. Would love to try it. With the new save system in the remastered version all the more reason to include it!

• Thumbs Up 2

I rather leave Stormy Ascent in my nightmares [emoji14]

Seriously, would be cool to have it. I would love to see unlockable skins too. There's a lot of stuff they could use, back in the day Crash had a lot of outfits in advertising (Santa, rapper). They could also include the original Crash 1 model! There was a Tony Hawk game that had the original PS1 Tony Hawk model as an unlockable character! Sure is jarring, but still very fun!

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I rather leave Stormy Ascent in my nightmares emoji14.png

Seriously, would be cool to have it. I would love to see unlockable skins too. There's a lot of stuff they could use, back in the day Crash had a lot of outfits in advertising (Santa, rapper). They could also include the original Crash 1 model! There was a Tony Hawk game that had the original PS1 Tony Hawk model as an unlockable character! Sure is jarring, but still very fun!

latest?cb=20130727193702

Can't forget this if we're talking extra costumes. I am curious to see whether or not the Japanese version will include their version of Crash, or if they'll try and unify the designs for all regions.

I guess there's a chance that they might not even release it over there if Titans and MoM never were. Doesn't seem likely, though, considering his past popularity there, and the hype surrounding these remakes.

• Thumbs Up 3

Heck yeah, I remember Crash Tag Team Racing (PS2) had tons of unlockable costumes, some of which were reaaaaally nice. The japanese Crash was one of them! Wonder if this gets released in Japan they're gonna add the fifth finger [emoji14]

Also, which color Cortex's skin really is? Is it tan or yellow?

59 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

If you need a bonus Crash costue, I have the one for you.

latest?cb=20160821012746

You can bet Fake Crash would be a skin if they decide to add those, VV loves the guy.

I'd love to see Coco as a playable alternate like in MOM, if largely to make her 'playable' role in Warped less underwhelming. 

Even better if more skins could allow for a multiplayer race mode like N-Tranced.

Bringing back up the Japanese, I wonder if they'll bother to include options for the Japanese settings and extras from the originals, like remixes of Crash 1's alternate soundtrack or even better "CRASH BANDY KUU!". Imagine this replicated in modern graphics:

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

You can bet Fake Crash would be a skin if they decide to add those, VV loves the guy.

He'll likely be in either way because of his cameo appearance in random Warped levels.

There are actually multiple ways Crash'll keep his gems. There's another clip where he'll grab a gem from hammer space (@ 1:23)

So these result screens looks like it'll have a lot of fun animations to look forward to seeing.

Edit: On a different note, I just noticed that there's definitely different builds going on between the B roll gameplay footage Activision let out and the demo builds they let certain Youtubers to mess with (with the latter being a more recent build). You can tell by Crash's angel death animation. The Youtuber demo builds are obviously more complete as Crash's spirit glows upon death and is actually rendered fully in the face and wings whereas the B roll build just shows Crash's spirit as just being transparent and never glows

Kc7IHFH.gifNYTy4l3.gif

Also the hud, font shadow, wumpa fruit and bonus stage itself for Heavy Machinery are slightly altered where the newer build has purple platforms on the tree and the level is lit a little differently.

TeMGbey.gifqZ9w2gA.gif

The second bonus stage for Heavy Machinery also went through some changes (generally more detailed mountains in the background, fixing the color of the foreground cliff platform and also giving that cliff more personality then just being a round shape, and finally, fixed a weirdly stretched mini mushroom), but I'm not sure if I should get really spammy with the gifs. It should be easy to find and compare the two.

• Thumbs Up 5

As lavish at it all is, I still wish they had used the classic Crash font. There's just a small detail of authenticity missing with that generic font there.

Nice catch guys! It's clear that VV are really invested in these remakes, they'll probably gonna fix all this little issues untill release. No doubt they're gonna deliver the best possible experience, you could tell by the article and interview how dedicated to Crash they are. They simply get Crash.

• Thumbs Up 1

You could tell VV wanted to recreate Crash perfectly even in their early days. The GBA games and CNK replicated the Naughty Dog's style near perfectly. They even got the original designers to help with CNK just so it looked like a proper ND level instalment.

VV may not have proved the best for reinnovating Crash, but in terms of recreating what ND established for the franchise, the role is perfect.

• Thumbs Up 4

You could tell VV wanted to recreate Crash perfectly even in their early days. The GBA games and CNK replicated the Naughty Dog's style near perfectly. They even got the original designers to help with CNK just so it looked like a proper ND level instalment.

VV may not have proved the best for reinnovating Crash, but in terms of recreating what ND established for the franchise, the role is perfect.

Still don't why they didn't got Josh on board for the music, maybe just for assistance.

Not that I'm complaining, the music I heard so far is perfect, but I was REALLY scared that they would have to go with a bastardized version and only use the main theme, which in my head, was the only song they had the rights... Thank God Sony/Activision owns the whole soundtrack apparently.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, so I've written up my current list of things I want to see in the N-Sane trilogy, ordered by just how important it is to me.

Things I want to happen and if they don't I'll be disappointed in that particular single point of the game

This is one I've actually said before; Dingodile should stay fat, contrary to his original model. You see, Dingodile is like Vector. His...

Get off the back button, it's a meta comparison.

Anyway, like Vector, while he does have a classic look, most people seem to prefer the more recent design and the old design is left in the dust, contrary to other characters' classic designs. And like Vector, having the recent design take its place has support through conceptual designs; Zembillas' sketches show Dingodile as bulky as he became since Wrath of Cortex beyond, and the likely reason he was so slender in the PS1 era was due to system limitations (which is different to Vector because Ohshima's concepts simply weren't translated over by whoever did it for Chaotix, which Hoshino/Honda went back and rectified). 

So really, this is the best time to go back and fully realise Zembillas' vision, especially when it fits his character much better. 

Things that would be cool to see that seems likely in the light of what little we've seen so far

Letting the bosses get further expanded on through embellishing their pre-existing cutscenes. We've already seen what a little bit has done for the intro cutscenes, so that bit of creative flair for the boss intros could do wonders for their memorability and give previously overlooked characters a new spark of life.

Things that would be cool to see that don't seem so likely

Giving bosses new cutscenes. I don't mean like whole huge cutscenes with new events, though. Remember how in between some levels, the bosses of Crash 3 would pop up and threaten Crash? Just that, but applied to Crash 1 and 2. Crash 2 would be easier to work in given that it already has a means of doing that throughout the game, but it'd be interesting to see how Crash 1 would handle it. Sadly, considering I don't know how much people would berate that for straying off what the classics did, I don't see that as too likely.

Things that would be neat but purely for the sake of nerdiness and isn't at all a big deal

Make Penta Penguin actually the penguin Dingodile puts in danger at the start. Penta started out as a character made for a Crash 2 manga, but then got worked in as an unlockable for CTR, just as Fake Crash got worked in as a character before. And then there's Crash 3 with its random penguin that's just there (and is the only penguin in Crash 3). It would be pretty neat for that penguin to tie into the whole Japanese adaptation thing by being made Penta (and would fit since Crash 3 was Fake Crash's debut), but it's such a minor, minor detail that I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort (even if all it meant was modelling a scarf onto the generic penguin model), and it wouldn't particularly bother me if it wasn't. 

• Thumbs Up 5

The one thing I'd like them to improve is the backtracking, however, seeing that the N.Sanity Beach remake kept it's backtracky part, It seems like they won't touch that.

• Thumbs Up 1

The camera does pull back a little further when backtracking this time around compared to the original, so that part is at least being addressed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having proper intros for the bosses would be a neat touch. I think it was a reason Warped's bosses ended up more memorable; more personality establishment (though we got some silent ones in Cortex Strikes Back).

Concerning backtracking, what if they added a free camera mode?

• Thumbs Up 4