Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

33 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Concerning backtracking, what if they added a free camera mode?

It'd be much easier for them to just add a feature/button to switch the camera's perspective from front to back and vice versa, that way instead of going backwards you can just switch the camera to behind Crash's back, and it would be much easier to program and work around. 

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

It'd be much easier for them to just add a feature/button to switch the camera's perspective from front to back and vice versa, that way instead of going backwards you can just switch the camera to behind Crash's back, and it would be much easier to program and work around. 

I really do hope they have something like that. 

I wonder if they'll remaster (plus) the intro sequence for each game:

Sony Interactive Entertainment presents...

An Activision Interactive production...

A game created and developed by VICARIOUS VISIONS.

Or you think it would be a "dick move" to just replace the names? I mean, it's not like VV haven't done it before:

Then again, their intention was never a mere copy and paste, but a nostalgic homage :)

Also it's been confirmed that Crash's abilities will stay within their respective games, so no slide in Crash 1, no double jump in Crash 2 etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Also it's been confirmed that Crash's abilities will stay within their respective games, so no slide in Crash 1, no double jump in Crash 2 etc. 

When was it confirmed? I've been following this game before it was even revealed :V

If it's true, that's sad. It would be cool to unlock the slide for Crash 1 after the first completion. It would be even cooler to unlock the dash, because you know, there are time trials in all 3 now.

52 minutes ago, Jango said:

When was it confirmed? I've been following this game before it was even revealed :V

If it's true, that's sad. It would be cool to unlock the slide for Crash 1 after the first completion. It would be even cooler to unlock the dash, because you know, there are time trials in all 3 now.

This impressions article from Destructoid, near the end. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jango said:

It could be a thing where you can unlock the abilities in the other titles, but only after you've beaten each game. Just to add some replay value. I think it'd be cool.

But they may not just to try and keep each game exactly the same with new graphics.

Thanks @VEDJ-F!

Well, you never know! For replay value, it wouldn't hurt anyone to have the slide and belly floop added to Crash 1, or even better, the dash. Not from the get-go, but after beating the game once.

Anyways, the unified save system and menu were only two of the surprises VV revealed thus far (because quite frankly, they had to fix it), so I'm very much looking forward to seeing stuff like outfits, unused levels coming to life, possibly new bits of story and you know what would be truly n-sane? After 100%'ing all three game you unlock a playable demo of... CTR Remastered. Only Crash Cove, just to give us the taste. Because you know. It will happen. It needs to happen. :D:D

Speaking of surprises:

rise-of-the-tomb-raider-20-year-celebrat

The newest entry in the Tomb Raider franchise has a lot of cool stuff, one of them are the classic skins. The exact same PS1 era models, with those sharp polygons and everything. And it's fucking priceless!

Also, they did this:

rise_of_the_tomb_raider_ps1.jpg

But it's not for sale.

PS.: Vicarious Visions, if you make a special/collectior's edition like this one, please have my credit card number and password, it's 9xxx....... :P

I decided to replay Crash 1, 2 and Warped recently as I wanted to take note of any improvements I would like in the N-Sane trilogy. I 100%d Crash 2, Crash 1 and then Warped all within the space of a week! Yep, I'm hardcore.

Spoiler

Crash 2:

p3TBziz.jpg

062BVKY.png

Crash 1:

Vy19ck6.jpg

VXaj0zu.jpg

Warped:

HnFQbqH.jpg

K0CZddS.jpg

Crash 2:

• When you enter the secret hub-world (where you access new stages like "Unbearable" and the alternative entrances to Snow Go and Road to Ruin etc) if you save your progress at the load/save screen and then turn the game off and load it up again; (whilst your progress is saved) Crash will start from the previous normal hub-world and not from the secret hub-world. It may seem like a small thing, but it definitely should be fixed in the remaster.
  • At the start of the Bear-It (the first bear riding) level there's a sequence early on where you have to collect four boxes whilst sliding on ice which makes it impossible to change direction. As a result it's incredibly difficult to get all four boxes. You literately have no margin for error. The amount of lives I waste trying to get these boxes is frustrating. 
  • Also in the Bear stages the hit-box detection can be harsh in those sequences where you need to move left and right to try and hit the well spread-out boxes. Mind you, the same could be said for the Hog and Tiger riding levels from Crash 1 & Warped.
  • At the end of the cutscene before the fight with N-Gin (in Hub-world 4) and in the one straight afterwards Cortex is unusually aggressive towards Crash, which doesn't fit with him pretending to be Crash's friend and not his enemy. I imagine they will have fixed this having re-recorded the dialogue like in the Crash 1 remaster.

Other than these minor points I don't think anything else needs changing. 

Crash 1:

• I'm pleased with the changes they've made to the save system. It definitely needed tweaking. Also liking the new animations. As long as you can re-enter the bonus stages every time you fail to complete them (like in Crash 2 & Warped) then I think including the boxes from the bonus levels in your overall box target for the stage is fine (especially as the controls look slightly better). If you can also retry the two Cortex bonus stages (where you collect keys) if you fail, this would be nice. Although it would take away an element of difficulty "one chance per every playthrough of the level" from the original game. 
  • I think they should include cut-stage "Stormy Ascent" either in the main game or as an unlockable bonus.

Overall I think the changes they've made to Crash 1 in the remaster will make it more popular.

Warped:

• I think they need to tighten the controls, make them more like Crash 2 which would help a lot in the relic challenges. The inability to change direction quickly when using the run power-up whilst jumping makes trying to get the gold/platinum relics in the Arabian stages a fucking nightmare. The whole game would benefit from tighter control akin to Crash 2.
  • Perhaps make the two additional bonus stages; Eggipus Rex & Hot Coco (accessed through "Dino Might" & "Road Crash" respectively) playable from the bonus hub-world so that you can re-enter them without having to go into Dino Might & Road Crash each time before you can reach them.
  • When I played Warped on my PS1 the game would freeze a lot. So hopefully there will be no such issues in the remaster.

I'm happy for Crash to keep his unique moves to each respective game. It's important that each game still feels unique. Having the run-button from Crash 3 in a lot of Crash 1's slow-going platform stages could be a nightmare.

I'm really looking forward to the N-Sane trilogy, almost as much as Sonic Mania. I'm currently replaying Crash Team Racing, such a shame it wasn't included.

• Thumbs Up 4

Nice suggestions dude [emoji106]

I've also played a little bit of Crash 1 myself, but not through the usual way.

I'm talking about Uncharted 4 :)

Well, gotta say it's preeeetty iffy, but c'mon, it's a nice easter egg. I couldn't beat Elena's score, though.

Anyways. I was wondering if VV is up to change the Crash 2 colored gems secrets, especially the blue one, which is notorious to figure it out... Man, only very few kids will get it ?

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

Nice suggestions dude emoji106.png

I've also played a little bit of Crash 1 myself, but not through the usual way.

I'm talking about Uncharted 4 :)

Well, gotta say it's preeeetty iffy, but c'mon, it's a nice easter egg. I couldn't beat Elena's score, though.

Anyways. I was wondering if VV is up to change the Crash 2 colored gems secrets, especially the blue one, which is notorious to figure it out... Man, only very few kids will get it ?

You can't beat her score first time around. There's a point later in the game that you can play it and there's a few extra boxes and fruit to boost the score.

20 minutes ago, Jango said:

Elena's score, though.

It took me ages to work out how to get the blue gem in Crash 2, but I wouldn't want VV to change how you find the colored gems. I love how you access them via unorthodox methods in Crash 2, when compared to Crash 3 where they were just put on an alternative route which felt lazy in comparison. 

16 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

You can't beat her score first time around. There's a point later in the game that you can play it and there's a few extra boxes and fruit to boost the score.

It's actually the bonus you get from the extra life crate which you can only collect when you play the Crash stage again at the end of the game which allows you to beat Elena's time in the epilogue.

This is my best effort:

Wow, wow, wow, easy guys, I've just started playing the game!

Back to Crash, well, I don't think they will change the secrets, but I doubt that this possibility wasn't discussed with the team. I wouldn't mind though, it could make the game stand out even more. One thing I wouldn't touch, though, is the polar bear 10 lifes secret ha ha Animal cruelty FTW :lol: /jklol

Speaking of tweaks, I hope they make the motorcycle levels a little less stiff. Never had a trouble with the tiger and jet-ski ones, mind you. And certainly never had a problem with the jet-pack levels also :P

The gem structure in Crash 2 could possibly be solved by having some sort of hint system.

I also agree on having some sort of hub access for the secret levels once you've completed them (along with better access to the bosses in Crash 2, which again, unless you've a guide, you won't know how to repeat). Crash 2's secret levels could be easily achieved by making that secret hub world accessible during the end.

This is a more petty and lavish one, but I'd like if they made a Coco skin for Warped at least, so the two characters could be fully optional and Coco's 'playability' would feel less cheap. I suppose if they added her to the previous two games as an unlock able they could just implement her WOC move set for an extra nod to a retro game.

• Thumbs Up 3

I finished replaying CTR:

QcBZJLm.jpg 

l3rlEiD.jpg

I'm tempted to dust-off my PS2 and play Twinsanity. Haven't played it in years :D

14 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

This is a more petty and lavish one, but I'd like if they made a Coco skin for Warped at least, so the two characters could be fully optional and Coco's 'playability' would feel less cheap. I suppose if they added her to the previous two games as an unlock able they could just implement her WOC move set for an extra nod to a retro game.

Oh god yes! It's a shame you can only play as Coco in the jet-ski, tiger or that one airplane stage, but not in the normal levels.

How about an unlockable Coco playable in all stages for Crash 2&3? What if they also make Cortex playable and he can pick up Uka Uka masks instead of Aku Aku? Now that would be so cool.

If they eventually make a brand-new Crash game then Coco should definitely be playable.

• Thumbs Up 3

I say leave the games controls and detection as they were. On a 1 to 10 crash Hames are a 4 in difficulty.  honestly to this day the only and I mean only stage to give me trouble was area 51 in warped.

Soooo.

This Christmas I've decided to give myself a pretty neat present:

IMG_20161224_104255_610_zpswy2rg6tw.jpg

Now we play the waiting game :D

Oh, and the theme:

IMG_20161225_200702857_HDR_zpsnjmzmaks.j

It's pretty nice, but nothing to write home about it (it's static for those wondering). The N. Sanity Beach music plays on the background, but it gets annoying really fast. Luckily, you can disable the background music ;)

Uh, isn't it meant to be coming out in Summer 2017?

Because the screenshot above says 29th December 2017

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

There's no release date yet, from what I've seen.

It's totaly a placeholder date, don't worry.

• 4 weeks later...

Game Informer has posted an interview with producer Kara Massie and game director Dan Tanguay that goes more into detail about how VV is remaking the original trilogy, one such revelation being that the game runs on the Skylanders engine:

• Thumbs Up 2