Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

4 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Didn't Sony specified in one of the early interviews that this project was a collaboration between them and Activision? I could see them allowing to be on PC too (same thing that happened to Street Fighter V), but not on a lot of other platforms.

So was Lego City Undercover, between Nintendo and WB. It doesn't mean much when money is involved.

Also I'm not too worried about it running well on other platforms, they are using the Skylanders engine as a base which means porting it to other engines should be a smooth process since even the switch already has an optimized version.

It'll be interesting to see when the timed exclusivity ends, and If it does indeed come to the switch, I'll happily pick up a copy. I enjoy the series, and it'll be great to take it on the go

14 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

So was Lego City Undercover, between Nintendo and WB. It doesn't mean much when money is involved.

Also I'm not too worried about it running well on other platforms, they are using the Skylanders engine as a base which means porting it to other engines should be a smooth process since even the switch already has an optimized version.

It'll be interesting to see when the timed exclusivity ends, and If it does indeed come to the switch, I'll happily pick up a copy. I enjoy the series, and it'll be great to take it on the go

It was a collaborative between Sony and acti. I say the day you see sfv on switch is when you can hope for crash on it.

23 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Didn't Sony specified in one of the early interviews that this project was a collaboration between them and Activision? I could see them allowing to be on PC too (same thing that happened to Street Fighter V), but not on a lot of other platforms.

You'd be right

3 hours ago, Athena Cykes said:

So uh, not PS4 exclusive?

Pc Inbound

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

It was a collaborative between Sony and acti. I say the day you see sfv on switch is when you can hope for crash on it.

You'd be right

Pc Inbound

Nope, then they would have said console exclusive, not time exclusive. This is the second statement from PS of Ireland, they had to delete the original after they were informed by their superiors that the game wasn't a permenant PS4 exclusive. So the wording for this post was carefully scrutinized. And it means it's coming to other consoles. Also the Skylanders engine has never been ported to PC, and VV are big Nintendo fans. This is why they haven't mentioned it otherwise, and were trying to keep it under wraps. Same thing happened with Rise of the Tomb raider, it literally had to be pried out of Microsoft that it was a time exclusive

3 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Nope, then they would have said console exclusive, not time exclusive. This is the second statement from PS of Ireland, they had to delete the original after they were informed by their superiors that the game wasn't a permenant PS4 exclusive. So the wording for this post was carefully scrutinized. And it means it's coming to other consoles. Also the Skylanders engine has never been ported to PC, and VV are big Nintendo fans. This is why they haven't mentioned it otherwise, and were trying to keep it under wraps. Same thing happened with Rise of the Tomb raider, it literally had to be pried out of Microsoft that it was a time exclusive

I honestly see no reason for multiple consoles these days then. Honestly if noting us exclusive why bother

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

I honestly see no reason for multiple consoles these days then. Honestly if noting us exclusive why bother

Ok, that's kinda fan-boyism, it's a third party title, from a developer known for multiplatform games, for a new game in a series that hasn't been exclusive in nearly 16 years. That's something that's perfectly fine coming to multiple consoles, It's not a game from a first party developer, that's why there are first and second party developers, to make system exclusives. For that matter Naughty Dog was an independent when they created the series, it wasn't till after they completed it they were bought by Sony. Crash hasn't been associated with Sony in years.

The point of multiple consoles is to bring different experiences and catalogs to the market place, and something Nintendo does well via it's hardware and catalog, and Sony does via it's catalog, and well Microsoft is kinda trying to merge it with PC. There are quite a few Crash fans out there, and they are all over the place, and the fertile ground for new Crash fans, isn't really Sony, but tends to be in Nintendo's wheel house. What's wrong with trying to get the largest exposure and userbase?

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Because Crash Bandicoot has garnered a fanbase on multiple consoles for a while now? It's really not that hard to deduce.

15 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Ok, that's kinda fan-boyism, it's a third party title, from a developer known for multiplatform games, for a new game in a series that hasn't been exclusive in nearly 16 years. That's something that's perfectly fine coming to multiple consoles, It's not a game from a first party developer, that's why there are first and second party developers, to make system exclusives. For that matter Naughty Dog was an independent when they created the series, it wasn't till after they completed it they were bought by Sony. Crash hasn't been associated with Sony in years.

The point of multiple consoles is to bring different experiences and catalogs to the market place, and something Nintendo does well via it's hardware and catalog, and Sony does via it's catalog, and well Microsoft is kinda trying to merge it with PC. There are quite a few Crash fans out there, and they are all over the place, and the fertile ground for new Crash fans, isn't really Sony, but tends to be in Nintendo's wheel house. What's wrong with trying to get the largest exposure and userbase?

I grew up as a early 90s baby. So I'm used to games being given on set systems it's what made someone say. Hey this is why I want a 64 or this is why I want a ps. They had exclusive first and third party games. And did just fine. But today noting is exclusive if your point is to get more people playing on a game that play totally different than later crash games as the ps1 games play noting nor feel like these orginals nor the poor humor. But today why even be timed exclusive? Just come out the gate and say it like Oprah would.its for everything?

Just now, Meta77 said:

But today why even be timed exclusive? Just come out the gate and say it like Oprah would.its for everything?

Welcome to the world of business tactics in the videogaming industry. Try and plant as many seeds of doubt that it'll come to the other consoles by wording the announcements just right.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Because Crash Bandicoot has garnered a fanbase on multiple consoles for a while now? It's really not that hard to deduce.

I see it as two halfs  on one side you have the original naughty dog universal games 1 2 3 and ctr. Anything later is a totally different crash both in look and style but a lot of people lump them together.  even some wanted the later games included in a remaster. Another way of looking at it is if people lumped sonic adventure generation version with sonic boom. As both those have fans but play different. If more people can play it that's all well and said. Just don't use the term exclusive for your games anymore

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Welcome to the world of business tactics in the videogaming industry. Try and plant as many seeds of doubt that it'll come to the other consoles by wording the announcements just right.

Exactly.  why do this. Why force people who may buy a ps4 for just it?. Then come out and announce of for the switch. Someone may have wanted a switch but say crash meant a lot to them so they spent all the money saved for a ps4. Bam well there out of luck now. I know business tactics. And that plan is to benefit one. When if your goals to be multiplat be upfront.

Just now, Meta77 said:

I see it as two halfs  on one side you have the original naughty dog universal games 1 2 3 and ctr.

Of which the likes of Wrath of Cortex and Crash's playstyle in Twinsanity are more or less a natural evolution of such. Same for Nitro Kart being pretty much, CTR's successor.

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Anything later is a totally different crash both in look and style

Image result for crash bandicootImage result for crash bandicootImage result for nitro kartImage result for crash team racing cover

Yeah, I don't think so.

As for the play-style, are you going to claim that, when one of the most common criticisms of WoC was that it was too much like Warped but not as great?

And Twinsanity has much of the platforming you'd come to expect from Crash, the open-world not changing the segues between them being the platforming gauntlets.

I should inform how lopsided that viewpoint of the two halves has an extremely awkward sense of balance if you're referring strictly to the look and play of the games . Now maybe if you were claiming stuff after Twinsanity and Tag Team Racing was when it started getting into the actual drastic territories of such change, you'd have a point if it weren't for the fact that WoC, Nitro Kart, Tag Team Racing, and Twinsanity which garnered more praise were multi-platform.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Of which the likes of Wrath of Cortex and Crash's playstyle in Twinsanity are more or less a natural evolution of such. Same for Nitro Kart being pretty much, CTR's successor.

Image result for crash bandicootImage result for crash bandicootImage result for nitro kartImage result for crash team racing cover

Yeah, I don't think so.

As for the play-style, are you going to claim that, when one of the most common criticisms of WoC was that it was too much like Warped but not as great?

And Twinsanity has much of the platforming you'd come to expect from Crash, the open-world not changing the segues between them being the platforming gauntlets.

I should inform how lopsided that viewpoint of the two halves has an extremely awkward sense of balance if you're referring strictly to the look and play of the games . Now maybe if you were claiming stuff after Twinsanity and Tag Team Racing was when it started getting into the actual drastic territories of such change, you'd have a point if it weren't for the fact that WoC, Nitro Kart, Tag Team Racing, and Twinsanity which garnered more praise were multi-platform.

Of course a game will be praised for being muktiplat.  it means that person doesn't have to buy a hm new system or a certain brand to play a game. Like sa2 battle. And where you see the same crash I see boom crash lol. Looks similar but not the crash I grew up on as a I'd. Nitro is a fine game but no where near as good as ctr. I own the crash library.  you could say in a way woc was a evolution.  but the original ND just had that spice magic to the games

25 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Exactly.  why do this. Why force people who may buy a ps4 for just it?. Then come out and announce of for the switch. Someone may have wanted a switch but say crash meant a lot to them so they spent all the money saved for a ps4. Bam well there out of luck now. I know business tactics. And that plan is to benefit one. When if your goals to be multiplat be upfront.

Because m'boy, someone's gonna make some extra moola off the dough that Sony pays for the timed exclusive in question. Do the math. Why settle for a simple release opposed to one where you can make extra money from the company paying you for a timed exclusive and then get to profit off of the sales from other consoles later, especially from consumers who will double dip?

Same logic as UMvC3 honestly at the moment. Do the math, Meta.

22 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Because m'boy, someone's gonna make some extra moola off the dough that Sony pays for the timed exclusive in question. Do the math. Why settle for a simple release opposed to one where you can make extra money from the company paying you for a timed exclusive and then get to profit off of the sales from other consoles later, especially from consumers who will double dip?

Same logic as UMvC3 honestly at the moment. Do the math, Meta.

Wait what's umvc3 doing

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Of course a game will be praised for being muktiplat.

And yet that was NOT among the main reasons why Twinsanity is praised to this day; in fact none of the later Crash games really garnered their own respective recpetions just from being multi-platform.

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Like sa2 battle

Wasn't even multiplatform back in its day of release so saying that game garnered praise because "Herpy derp, multiplatform", doesn't work to prove your point.

Never mind the fact that its a port that implements new content.

6 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Looks similar but not the crash I grew up on as a I'd

As you'd what?

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

where you see the same crash I see boom crash lol

More like "Classic/younger Crash" compared to "Modern Crash" if you're talking about comparing the ND trilogy and CTR to the Traveller's Tales era and Nitro kart.

Crash of the Titans and onward would be the actual "Boom Crash" since they changed things up enough for it to compare to Boom which was a spin-off.

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

you could say in a way woc was a evolution.  but the original ND just had that spice magic to the games

And yet, they aren't the ones making this new trilogy which has folks excited and from what we've seen retains the magic and could very well add on to it.

So what's the point you're trying to make here pertaining to why the trilogy being available for all to play would supposedly be a detriment?

Just now, Meta77 said:

Wait what's umvc3 doing

PS4 version's been out since last year, but the other console versions are on their way to release later this year. And it was announced at a Sony Ps4 event too.

Timed exclusive then? Well, we know which version will sell more, but holy shit, this will sell even more now. Now I'm imagining a CTR remake with online cross-platform play (like the PC-PS4 Rocket League)!!!

I also think it's kinda dumb of Sony not securing a total exclusivity, but the other versions are going to be ports... Which doesn't inspire much hope, since this is Activision.

And since the PS4 version is the main version, it will most likely have exclusive bonus, maybe the original games as an unlockable (these can not be published in other consoles).

Admittedly we were all thinking the same thing about Crash Bandicoot even returning because of that factor.

Also, what's the point of trying to put the potential ports down like that anyway? :U

I guess since VV is most likely working full-time on the base version, the other versions might be ported by someone else, this happens a lot. The latest Activision port was the Marvel Ultimate Aliance duology, I don't know which studio they wired to port these games, but I've read people everywhere saying it's really bad.

And what if the only other version is PC, like happened with Street Fighter V? I don't really see Crash selling a lot on Xbox (due to its public) neither the Switch (due to its catalog already full of cartoon platformers)...

As for CTR, remake or new, it needs to happen, the PS4 is seriously lacking a fantasy racer.

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

I don't really see Crash selling a lot on Xbox (due to its public) neither the Switch (due to its catalog already full of cartoon platformers)...

Xbox, like PS4 could always use an actual incentive for people to actually get the it.

Now your opinion on the Switch not working out for it because its a system known for its abundance of cartoony platformers make no logical sense whatsoever that supports the claim that it shouldn't be accessible for Nintendo in addition. I mean if anything you'd be proving that there's certainly a audience for Crash Bandicoot on there.

• Thumbs Up 1

For cartoon platformers? Yes. For Crash? Not really. Same with Sonic to some degree. Why would a Nintendo owner pick Crash/Sonic when they have Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, Kirby, Smash, DK, etc? These IPs were always on Nintendo, and are what Nintendo is better known for, and the main reason people buy their consoles. Don't tell me otherwise, because you don't see anyone saying they prefer Nintendo because of the system's hardware, for example, we know they were always the weakest of the generation and still are. Don't say it's also because of the motion control stuff, because all consoles now have it too, the PS4 even have the VR. Not even the price is a valid reason, as their products were the most expensive also. It's because of the games. People who will get the Switch are those who always had a Nintendo, most of them, and want to play the new Zeldas and Marios. Also, games are expensive these days, so one people will normally have to pick one game over another.

And finally, if there were a real audience for Crash on Nintendo, then they should've pick the PS1 instead of the 64 back in the day, like I did. You didn't see Nintendo owners asking Crash's return, it was 99% PlayStation owners, people who had the PS1/PS2.

I'm not saying N-Sane shouldn't be released on other consoles, I'm just making a realistic prediction of sales.

• Thumbs Up 1

tfw Mando was right

If it comes to Switch I'll probably buy it on that. Since I'm not getting a Switch til Christmas, it'd be pretty awesome to have Mario, Sonic and Crash on one system again... Or for the first time, I think that was actually Spyro I had on GCN, hehe.

• Thumbs Up 2

You see the thing is, Activision will want to make as much money as possible. Therefore, it makes sense for them to also consider releasing it on the Switch, Steam & Xbox1 as there is an audience on those platforms. So considering other platform releases is a no-brainer. However, there's no denying the overwhelming audience is Playstation. The original trilogy sold brilliantly, Crash was massively popular in the 90's on Playstation and still is. Trust me, the demand from the Playstation fanbase to #BringBackCrash has been insane. 

Now, there is no need for Activision to confirm the N-Sane trilogy is PS4 exclusive, which they haven't. There is also no need to confirm the trilogy is a timed-exclusive, which they also haven't. All they need to do is confirm that the trilogy is coming to PS4 (which they have) and then wait and see how successful it sells - lets be honest it's going to sell like fucking hotcakes - and they can then make the decision as to whether there is enough demand/whether it's profitable to release on other platforms. So whether people like it or not, the reality is that the N-Sane trilogy is a PS4 exclusive until Activision confirm other platforms. It's the same with Mania. Until the Switch port was announced it was a PS4/Xb1/Steam exclusive.

I have no problem with the trilogy releasing on other platforms like the Nintendo Switch. Better sales means more chances of other remasters and/or a brand new game. I'm naturally biased because PS4 is my main console so I'm pleased the trilogy as been developed solely for the PS4 to begin with and that it will be fully optimized for he PS4. It may be exclusive for the moment but we simply cannot rule out other platforms releases.

6 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Ok, that's kinda fan-boyism,

I completely agree, which is why I'm tired of the fan-boyism you've been spouting about the Switch the last few weeks.

So, we know the trilogy is a PS4 exclusive.....for now. Time to move on:

I want to see some Crash 2 footage, then some Crash 3 footage near release. A demo would also be cool, if unlikely.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Jango said:

And finally, if there were a real audience for Crash on Nintendo, then they should've pick the PS1 instead of the 64 back in the day, like I did.

You're basing present-day logic on the 90's which were rife with the Console Wars. Also, condemning a potential fanbase just because they didn't buy the console for that game back in the past, without even considering factors as to why they didn't get the Playstation is such an archaic MO for putting together

1 hour ago, Jango said:

realistic prediction of sales

^that.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

You didn't see Nintendo owners asking Crash's return, it was 99% PlayStation owners, people who had the PS1/PS2.

Ignoring the blatant contradiction that back then there was no reason to ask for Crash's return since he was still around in those days......

The PS2 wouldn't really have a say the way you're putting since by then Crash Bandicoot was multiplatform, when he was getting out and about outside of Sony exclusivity. that is unless you've got some hard sales numbers and documented evidence showing that

1 hour ago, Jango said:

For cartoon platformers? Yes. For Crash? Not really. Same with Sonic to some degree.

Ah, I see, so it's becoming this old tired console wars argument again.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Why would a Nintendo owner pick Crash/Sonic when they have Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, Kirby, Smash, DK, etc?

Same reason Sonic Colors did so well Jango. Quality is key. Make a good game and it should sell good despite the competition on a console. Advertise it well and that'll help your chances even more!

1 hour ago, Jango said:

we know they were always the weakest of the generation

There's another hole in your logic that contradicts the facts since you seem to be ignoring game generations such as 6th gen.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

People who will get the Switch are those who always had a Nintendo, most of them, and want to play the new Zeldas and Marios.

I mean, god forbid there might actually be more of an audience for this console than previous ones. Making bold-faced assumptive claims like that, especially when there's not really even an annoying gimmick of sorts forced on this console leaves one open for egg on their face while eating crow.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I'm not saying N-Sane shouldn't be released on other consoles

So then why the strong argument against speculation that it might be coming to other consoles then? Pardon me for saying, but it comes off as fanboy-ism when your best argument is that Sonic and Crash two cartoon platformer characters supposedly wouldn't have a notable market among Nintendo of sections, especially when the former was salvaged in the first place going third party on Nintendo.

Otherwise, there's honestly no logic behind your argument, considering its faulty base points.

25 minutes ago, EllieBot said:

I completely agree, which is why I'm tired of the fan-boyism you've been spouting about the Switch the last weeks.

While ^that's offtopic here, let's be honest, he didn't really do anything wrong suggesting that the trilogy could come to the Switch in this thread at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have said, it will not sell well on other consoles, especially Switch and Xbox. Again, I didn't said it shouldn't be released on these consoles. You overreacted my first post on the matter, in which I even showed surprise because it will help the game to sell more copies.

27 minutes ago, Jango said:

I have said, it will not sell well on other consoles, especially Switch and Xbox.

The problem being that you didn't even properly back up this claim. I wouldn't call pointing out the flaws and factual errors "overreacting". Again, do you have sales figures showing that any non-Sony versions of Crash Bandicoot games have sold poorly? That's something that could help your case.

• Thumbs Up 1

Essentially this is just another situation akin to KH3, cool that it's multi-plat, but most will  give the PS version the most attention undoubtably. (Though I'll laugh if this ends up just on Xbox One,PC and PS like RotTR)

I will say it's kinda weird Sony wouldn't try fighting for more exclusive games. Every time there's a title that hypes up people on that system(FF7,KH3,Crash,etc.), it ends up multi-plat unless its Shenmue 3 or horizon. They only seem to do timed lately, which is strange since the other companies just do flat out exclusive titles.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Essentially this is just another situation akin to KH3, cool that it's multi-plat, but most will  give the PS version the most attention undoubtably. (Though I'll laugh if this ends up just on Xbox One,PC and PS like RotTR)

I will say it's kinda weird Sony wouldn't try fighting for more exclusive games. Every time there's a title that hypes up people on that system(FF7,KH3,Crash,etc.), it ends up multi-plat unless its Shenmue 3 or horizon. They only seem to do timed lately, which is strange since the other companies just do flat out exclusive titles.

I mean Sony is dealing with Activision here. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the reason why Crash and Spyro weren't in Playstation Allstars Battle Royal was because they asked for too much money? 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have said, it will not sell well on other consoles, especially Switch and Xbox.

The problem being that you didn't even properly back up this claim. I wouldn't call pointing out the flaws and factual errors "overreacting". Again, do you have sales figures showing that any non-Sony versions of Crash Bandicoot games have sold poorly? That's something that could help your case.

What case? lol If you want the sales numbers, go look it yourself, I don't need to back up anything. It seems to me that you took it to a personal level, like "how dare you say the other versions will be shit? :U"

To which I replied saying that I've read Activision's latest port was bad, and you ignored. I gave you something to "help my case", but you didn't read apparently.