Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

ICYM,

Vicarious Visions is still reading us:

C6xbJ9qWsAAV3SC.jpgpMVnTI8.jpg

Back in december, people said that the game looked too bright and the ruins were not gritty/dirty enough. Well, not anymore ;)

They've also fixed:

- the wumpa "chomp" SFX;

- the wumpa "spread effect" when you crash a crate (the wumpas would spread/roll too far and were annoying to pick up);

- they also register faster when you collect them;

- there are tips during the loading screen;

- the controls look somewhat even tighter.

This guy sucks BTW. A true "life long Crash Bandicoot fan" wouldn't take the left path in N. Sanity Beach :P

• Thumbs Up 8

• 2 weeks later...

That's so cool! Can't wait to the see the crazy, or should I say INSANE, ideas the internetz will come up with. Heck, I may even take a shot at it!

Edit: I was reading the rules and...

Eligible Countries are: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany and Spain

I'm not from any of these countries D:

Anyways, my idea would be this, feel free to submit and win for me if you want :D

Crash takes a PS Vita out of his pocket and starts playing Uncharted (you know it's Uncharted because a bit of Nate's theme can be heard).

OR

He takes one of the Uncharted series artifacts out of his pocket, like:

A1GgVS8Cu4L._AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpgnprt42.jpguncharted_3__sir_francis_drake_s_ring_by

What better away to return the reference? :)

tumblr_o8fwddltDd1r7sijxo1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

Cool stuff for everybody:

Beta title screen (apparently):

oneal-jennifer-10-minute-profile-3-2017-

And...

3558g7toumny.jpg

Speaking of title screen, I wonder if each game will have its own (with the whole introduction sequence remade, including the logo for each game), or if there will be only a single one with the N-Sane Trilogy logo like the above.

Or perhaps one like this:

Would be great too!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

In case you were wondering (like me) if the music used in the trailers is a remix of some other classic track, nope!

It's a stock music! Enjoy ;)

Also, the idle animation contest ends today! Looking forward for the winner!

here's my idea,just in the nick of time!

20170405_181126_1491437571583.thumb.jpg.b160fac4927fc089999391ecfb324ad2.jpg

crash takes out a string and some wumpa fruit then turns away from the camera and makes something. he turns back to the player to show off his creation! (a necklace) but it's really poorly made so he throws it away. then it loops back to the regular idle animation.

any thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/5/2017 at 7:18 PM, blueblur98 said:

here's my idea,just in the nick of time!

20170405_181126_1491437571583.thumb.jpg.b160fac4927fc089999391ecfb324ad2.jpg

crash takes out a string and some wumpa fruit then turns away from the camera and makes something. he turns back to the player to show off his creation! (a necklace) but it's really poorly made so he throws it away. then it loops back to the regular idle animation.

any thoughts?

That sounds awesome. Great job. 

Original Crash skin!!!! \o/

They've listened! It's a pre-order DLC (the skin and a dynamic theme) for that store. But what about the people who already did the pre-order on the PS Store? D:

I want classic Crash!

Edit: not skins, just avatars! Booooo! ???

I'm totally down for just avatars. I got the Generations skin but the Generations avatars were never released outside of Japan. I've had CoTT Coco as mine since 2008. 

That looks pretty sweet. Also liking the remixed-music for The Lost City/Sunset Vista.

I didn't liked the music at all, it's lacking the instruments that give Sunset Vista/Lost City that misterious and creepy feeling, ya know? The music sounds empty (even some notes are wrong) compared to the original, which had A LOT of atmosphere (most of Crash 1's songs had that).

The upper area also looks too bright (this is actually an issue seem in every level).

I'm not feeling this level, a lot of the atmosphere is lost :/

Hm... now looking back, it looks like they've simply added a "warm" filter, plus more saturation. The textures are still the same. The colors do looks less pristine and washed out now, the orange/red tones are closer to the originals too. But I'm only seeing this in N. Sanity Beach, the other levels don't have that filter on... Anyways, that's my only complaint (and you know I don't complain much about this game!). And Sunset Vista's music :x

Also:

aaxze21ljcqy.png

Little leak! Holy shit, they actually start the article with "Sonic's ass game". This is gonna be good.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Hm... now looking back, it looks like they've simply added a "warm" filter, plus more saturation. The textures are still the same. The colors do looks less pristine and washed out now, the orange/red tones are closer to the originals too. But I'm only seeing this in N. Sanity Beach, the other levels don't have that filter on... Anyways, that's my only complaint (and you know I don't complain much about this game!). And Sunset Vista's music :x

Also:

aaxze21ljcqy.png

Little leak! Holy shit, they actually start the article with "Sonic's ass game". This is gonna be good.

Actually, the textures on some of the stones have been modified, someone even gone as far as changing the saturation/contrast to check out if they have been changed or not

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233598702&postcount=200

Oh, I see. Well, it's not a huuuuge change, but it does looks better :)

I'm concerned (since the reveal actually) with the look of the ruins in the remakes. They don't really look made of... stone! They're too roundy and clean, which is weird IMO (I get Sonic Lost World vibes). Some are even lacking details and textures seem in the originals, just compare the new Sunset Vista and you will see what I'm talking about it. Granted, N. Sanity Beach is looking great right now, so maybe they are making the same changes and improvements in all levels. The first and second Crash games have a lot of ruins, jungles and that aztec look. They need to get the visuals right, or else the game will look unauthentic and plastic...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Oh, I see. Well, it's not a huuuuge change, but it does looks better :)

I'm concerned (since the reveal actually) with the look of the ruins in the remakes. They don't really look made of... stone! They're too roundy and clean, which is weird IMO (I get Sonic Lost World vibes). Some are even lacking details and textures seem in the originals, just compare the new Sunset Vista and you will see what I'm talking about it. Granted, N. Sanity Beach is looking great right now, so maybe they are making the same changes and improvements in all levels. The first and second Crash games have a lot of ruins, jungles and that aztec look. They need to get the visuals right, or else the game will look unauthentic and plastic...

It's obvious that Sunset Vista and Temple Ruins are unfinished from what have we seen so far, they're getting right down to that stuff

Eh, nothing new in the Playstation magazine article, although there's some nice angles on Hang Eight.

They did mention that the crate-falling thing happened after they went through Hang Eight though, so it looks like that is being applied beyond Crash 1 now. 

• Thumbs Up 1