Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

That's a bummer, I was at least expecting a screenshot of an unseen level from Crash 2 or 3...

In other news, if you have a PS4 (and a PSN account obviously :P), you probably saw this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimmyRowe1994/status/851527448453840897/photo/1

So yeah, another chapter in the "is it exclusive to PS4 or not?" novel. Note that this is a newsletter sent by Sony's marketing/media team in various countries/languages, therefore, it's the closest to an official confirmation (SO FAR).

Stay tuned! News coming soon! I hope it's an actual trailer (not a gameplay trailer) showing all three games this time :)

• Thumbs Up 1

The colors feel so right. Sadly these demos never come to retailers around here, I live in a small town... Hopefully a PSN demo is on the way, that would be a great Easter gift ?

Presenting, Doctor Nitrus Brio!

Reports are coming from NeoGAF's members saying that people are making lines in GameStop/Best Buy just to play freaking Crash. Does anyone have any doubt that this is going to sell a lot? I swear those people who say Crash was never good have brain damage. Not only they were great game, but they were also a mark in the video game industry and for Naughty Dog (one can say that if Crash wasn't sucessful, we could've never have got Uncharted and The Last of Us).

• Thumbs Up 2

And here we go.

"*** Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy Limited Edition ***
INCLUDES:
- PS4 Game Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
- Steelbook game in Numbered wooden door
- Material central crest Aku Aku in relief resin.
- Dim. 15cm x 19cm x 2cm

Limited edition - Book it now"

Retailer exclusive, it looks like. 

Okay, well I just got back from my local GaneStop playing the Crash N. Sane demo and here are my thoughts.

Keep in mind these are just my opinions. I played the ORIGINAL Crash 1 and 2 it's fresh in my mind for comparison as well.

N. Sane Crash 1 is the new definitive version of Crash 1 for me. Hands down, bar none. The physics feel like Crash 1 but they turned off his weird inertia shit so he doesn't feel as much like a fucking runaway tractor trailer. So the box bridges and stuff are both "easier" and "harder". They feel like a good medium. The Brio bonus is a good example. Never once was the fucking up on my part anything but my fault. 

Crash 1 has been made to feel more like Crash 2, NOT the other way around like SomeCallMeJohnny and Caddicarus and people were saying. The Crash 1 controls feel JUST as correct on analog as they do on D-Pad. Better, even. D-Pad is great for 'precision' though. 

Crash 2 N. Sane feels lighter than Crash 1 N.Sane. They are similar, but in no way do they feel exactly the same as the aforementioned YouTubers expressed. I question when the last time they actually played the original games was. For me it was a week ago so I have a great frame of reference. There's a clear difference. Crash is faster and snappier to control in N.Sane 2 than in N.Sane 1. The slide jump is spot on and feels great. Even the spin slide jump technique popular for skips in speedruns is in the game and does jump higher and farther than a regular slide jump -- though that's where the biggest difference lies -- it's not QUITE as high and the window to make it happen (the timing of the button presses) is slightly narrowed to make abusing it harder, but it's perfectly usable as an actual move the same way it is in Crash 2. 

It FEELS like Crash 2 with some modernization. Crash 1 and 2 definitely have "feelable" differences though. 

The graphics in person are not done justice by trailers and captures. The saturation and color is phenomenally done. The HUD and menus are fantastic and animated. The startup screen and stuff is simple but good. 

The difficulty is retained, especially in Crash 1. It has not been softened up at all, but the controls are BETTER so you can get used to it a bit quicker and if you have played Crash before, when you pick this up you feel right at home, just... better. There's no real adjustment period. Crash 1 feels like so much better than OG Crash 1. It feels more like you're skilled and chaining the jumps and obstacles together in a much more satisfying manner than OG Crash 1 where you feel like you're getting lucky sometimes. 

Overall, this is the best Crash since the originals. Like the way it plays, looks, sounds. It's top shelf shit. Because it IS the originals, just... better. I keep saying that, but in terms of the little things, ESPECIALLY Crash 1 vastly surpasses the OG Crash 1.

DEFINITELY worth it. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't wanna be that guy, but... That case looks a little ugly =x

Yay, time to read impressions!

@CrashRatchetFan Oh, so the impression I've read on Reddit was yours all along ^^'

Lovely, you're my best reference, I'm glad I already bought this :D:D

I'm glad to know that Crash 1 controls are different from Crash 2, even if slightly. Crash 1 is much more platforming heavy, the faster controls of Crash 2 could affect it in a bad way. I hope they do keep N-Sane Crash 2 controls in N-Sane Crash 3, because the original Crash 3 had somewhat too sensitive controls (at least for me).

Crash 2 was always the tighter, hands down.

Also, how was the music?

I'm loving how VV is going the extra mile. Cortext just swooping by, snatching Tawna like that like no ones's business was perfection.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have the biggest boner right now. The graphics and lightning are incredible, and it runs super smooth too. The world map looks absolutely gorgeous, I've always loved this kinds of hubs (like the one from Rayman 2 for the Dreamcast).

Cortex snatching Tawna was a fun addition, looking forward to see more stuff like this!!

Only complaint: the music. Just like Sunset Vista, it's lacking instruments and missing some notes. Also, the composer cut off a whole segment of the song :/ I'm affraid the soundtrack might be the only thing lacking in N-Sane Trilogy. Perhaps it's unfinished yet, but since this is the first game, it's kinda hard to believe.

I hope they show Crash 3 footage soon. I'm so hype to see this level remade:

Also, just a thought, but do you guys think they'll keep the secret Fake Crash cameos in Crash 3? 

• Thumbs Up 2

They will keep the Fake Crash cameos no doubt, VV loves him. They will probably add even MORE cameos.

Oh, and the Sunset Vista theme + PSN avatars are now official pre-order bonuses (PS Store). I'll see if it's available for me when I get home :)

Update: They're lovely, I was able to download for free as expected :) The Sunset Vista colors/graphics looks gorgeous on a real TV in front of me, truly the off-screen and even some direct footage don't do it justice. The music is... okay. Anyways, I'm using the classic Crash avatar on PSN now :D:D

Is it me or is Cortex holding the Master Crystal on the Crash 2 boss fight? That's actually a great way to tie into the plot, the boss fight kind of just implied Cortex had the crystals right there with him but nothing else.

Also, and this is REAL nitpicky please sorry but... Is it me or is Cortex's castle barely on fire? In the original it had fire literally everywhere, here, while it might be on the wrong angle, you can barely see the fire, and even then, in the original you could clearly see how hard it was burning from every angle.

Also a small animation that I think they should've kept was Cortex closing one of his eyes to aim before shooting on the Crash 1 boss fight, it's hard to notice but once you do, it's kinda hilarious.

Holy shit, Lex Lang.

HOLY BABY JESUS, THESE CUTSCENES.

929989a1c04c182837da4af33f927eab.png

@Ratcicle King Perhaps the fire will rise as the boss progress? Maybe even some towers crumble down. And yeah, Cortex is holding the Crystal, that's awesome (you can also see Crash on his jetpack behind him)! That gives me hope that VV will tie everything with this remasters, including the sudden addition of Coco and Tawna leaving Crash for Pins-OVERTHETOP-tripe at the end of Crash Bandicoot (that's gonna be sad, tho').

Guys, GUYS

Activision has officially partnered with First 4 Figures to make Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon Statues!

Look at 1:37:40!

image (14).jpg

MOTHER OF GOD! I've always admired their statues at distance, because damn they are expensive, but f*ck me if I have some spare money I'll buy the Crash one.

• Thumbs Up 1

So thanks to the demos on stores, we have a low quality glimpse at the full version of a couple of themes.

So far we got the Tawna Bonus round, including the full version of that sick new guitar riff

N.Brio's theme

And last but not least, Hang Eight

If they were to change one thing id allow is to allow tawna to stay with crash. I hated that whole pinstripe issue made her seem like a bimbo. They make her seem like a smart but still attractive girl in this one so if prefer that

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess if you gather all the gems and escape with her in The Great Hall, they stay together, althought that's not the canon ending... but if you just skip and fight Cortex instead, Tawna is left behind (pissed, since Crash didn't show up) in the burning castle, and later on we see a cutscene showing Pinstripe saving her. Can't think of a better way to wrap this up, at least that wouldn't make her a superficial bit**... but would make Crash an asshole for leaving her behind :V

In the original, after beating Cortex, Tawna simply APPEARS huging Crash at the top of the blimp, and they fly into the sunset for some love making, so why would she leave him if Crash does saves her in both endings...?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Our favorite villain, Dr. Neo Cortex, gets a mini-trailer all to himself.

Also, note the new Verified Account mark. Yep, this Twitter's officially official.

Ugh, i really hope the final battle/chase of Crash 2 gets tweaked or spiced up because it was honestly the lowest point of the original trilogy. Maybe Cortex will use the crystal as a weapon after being smacked enough times.

Also:

1 hour ago, Jango said:

929989a1c04c182837da4af33f927eab.png

Top tier animation. 10/10 would evil laugh again.

• Thumbs Up 1