Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Would be awesome if after beating Cortex in Crash 2's final boss, he drops the Master Crystal and YOU collects it, making a total of 26 crystals in Crash's power :D

1 hour ago, Motwera said:

Guys, GUYS

Activision has officially partnered with First 4 Figures to make Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon Statues!

Look at 1:37:40!

image (14).jpg

OOOOOOH BABY 

This can't be

does this mean...?

Spyro Remastered..?

• Thumbs Up 1

Remastering the Spyro trilogy would be a HELL of a job. I think it's possible, but less likely. The demand for Crash was going on for years and years, but you only see people asking for Spyro to come back when Crash is brough up... It's like that one guy in the audience screaming "hey, they should bring back Spyro too!".

Granted, I would love if VV did it, I love Spyro, Year of the Dragon is one my favorite platformers ever.

I'm just glad the statue uses the classic Spyro design, not the Skylanders one :V

spyro-the-dragon-usa.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not a HUGE Spyro fan but there is demand, even if Skylanders kind of deflated that. 

I think it's something Activision would DEFINITELY consider once Crash makes it big. Weird how they went for the OG design instead of Skylanders though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There is demand for it. Spyro was great when I was a kid but usually his stuff was gained from those hidden demos on crash disc

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind seeing Spyro remastered simply due to how ugly the PS1 characters looked. Imagine the cutscenes done so they didn't look like pointy Muppet sketches.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind seeing Spyro remastered simply due to how ugly the PS1 characters looked. Imagine the cutscenes done so they didn't look like pointy Muppet sketches.

Ugly? I think you're confusing it with Mario 64 ?

It was the PS1/N64 era the beginning of 3D games so of course all the cutscenes/character models haven't aged well. 

Spyro 1 also didn't take any risks tho', it was a completathon in it's most basic, 2 and 3 at least were trying some new stuff and introduced cool concepts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spyro 3 is where it is. Huge levels, tons of challenges, FUN multiple characters, great graphics, music and animations. I think it might be one of the best looking PS1 games ever, it's incredibly diverse and colorful. But yeah, I gotta admit, Spyro 1 is pretty dull in comparison.

Not to mention the sick skateboard levels, damn. I really want to play Spyro 3 right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something about Spyro 3 roulette in missions and gameplay styles put me off it (which is odd because Warped did the same and I mostly enjoyed that one). 

Spyro 1 had a cool mystical ambience to it the others lacked, and while some cool add ons from the later games were lacking, I liked the simplicity of it all. Spyro 2 and 3 felt more on the cloying cartoony side, I felt a bit more embarrassed to play them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spyro Ripto's Rage was the shit, would love to see it remastered.

Extremely unlikely since Skylanders seems profitable for Activision (somehow). 

But with a statue of Spyro I'm happy just fine. Memorabilia is sweet. Wouldn't mind a Cynder one either. I have a soft spot for The Legend of Spyro.  

1 hour ago, Ariel the Blue Wisp said:

Spyro Ripto's Rage was the shit, would love to see it remastered.

Extremely unlikely since Skylanders seems profitable for Activision (somehow). 

But with a statue of Spyro I'm happy just fine. Memorabilia is sweet. Wouldn't mind a Cynder one either. I have a soft spot for The Legend of Spyro.  

Uh activision all but cancelled Skylanders because of sales dropping.

5 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Uh activision all but cancelled Skylanders because of sales dropping.

They did?

I thought Skylanders was rather successful considering it went on for so long. 

It's been in decline since the fourth game, Trap Team, Activision seems to have pulled the plug after last year, with Toys for Bob, the main developer suffering from many workers being fired, plus, this year we won't have a main game release, just a mobile game, VV, which should be the one working on this year's game(The yearly releases were one year we had a game from TFB, the next one from VV, and so on, one would release a game a year while the other would work on the next year's game) is working on N.Sane Trilogy, and the only thing confirmed for a while is the cartoon which did pretty well, and is actually really good.

I think the Skylanders had its run. They've been doing Skylanders' games only since 2011, I think even they are rather sick of it (or not, maybe they really do like?). I also don't think the "toys-to-life" market is as hot anymore... the cartoon is alright, tho'.

Most of Vicarious Visions' team is working on Crash right now, anyways. I would love for them to stay and do at least one more Crash game, be it a remaster of CTR, a new platformer or a new kart racing (which the PS4 desperately needs, I'm at the point where I'm recreating CTR tracks on GTA Online, check it out).

People are already saying VV is the new "Crash team", or, the "new Naughty Dog", a title they could find either good or bad to hold. But heck, when you do a good job, it's nice to be remembered by it. Sure, they're free to create whatever the f*ck they want to, and don't need to be tied to Crash for the rest of their lives, lol. They could do Spyro.

On 22/04/2017 at 5:37 PM, Ratcicle King said:

Spyro 1 also didn't take any risks tho', it was a completathon in it's most basic, 2 and 3 at least were trying some new stuff and introduced cool concepts.

I meant visually, the models in 2 and 3 are much blockier generally than 1 for some reason. 2 is probably my fave of the trilogy. 

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I think the Skylanders had its run. They've been doing Skylanders' games only since 2011, I think even they are rather sick of it (or not, maybe they really do like?). I also don't think the "toys-to-life" market is as hot anymore... the cartoon is alright, tho'.

Most of Vicarious Visions' team is working on Crash right now, anyways. I would love for them to stay and do at least one more Crash game, be it a remaster of CTR, a new platformer or a new kart racing (which the PS4 desperately needs, I'm at the point where I'm recreating CTR tracks on GTA Online, check it out).

People are already saying VV is the new "Crash team", or, the "new Naughty Dog", a title they could find either good or bad to hold. But heck, when you do a good job, it's nice to be remembered by it. Sure, they're free to create whatever the f*ck they want to, and don't need to be tied to Crash for the rest of their lives, lol. They could do Spyro.

I wouldn't mind VV continuing as the ''Crash Team'' as long at they don't fall into constant yearly releases, I'm fine with them taking their time for the next games, we waited 8 years we can wait a couple more.

As for Spyro, honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the other Skylanders developer, Toys For Bob ends up taking care of the classic revival if it does exist. They showed interest in Spyro in the first place for Spyro's Kingdom which became Skylanders, and for all the flack, the franchise nails the fantasy aesthetic that the original Spyro showed, while keeping the zany cartoonish characters and different minigames/missions Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon introduced.

• Thumbs Up 1

I definitely think CTR remastered and a Spyro collection will depend on how N Sane Trilogy does, sales wise. Activision won't do it unless there's a market for it. They've listened to our requests, so every Crash, and by extension, Spyro fan should put their money where their mouths are and buy N-Sane Trilogy, en masse. We need to prove to them that 3D platformers are here to stay. 

I definitely think CTR remastered and a Spyro collection will depend on how N Sane Trilogy does, sales wise. Activision won't do it unless there's a market for it. They've listened to our requests, so every Crash, and by extension, Spyro fan should put their money where their mouths are and buy N-Sane Trilogy, en masse. We need to prove to them that 3D platformers are here to stay. 

I have no doubt sales will be great. The question is... Will they be great enough? What are considered GREAT sales today, when you have games like GTA V going over millions on the first day...?

Also, reviews must be great too (althought that's not a huuuuge deal breaker).

2 hours ago, Jango said:

I have no doubt sales will be great. The question is... Will they be great enough? What are considered GREAT sales today, when you have games like GTA V going over millions on the first day...?

Also, reviews must be great too (althought that's not a huuuuge deal breaker).

It really depends on Activision's expectations.  Which we don't know, currently. All four Naughty Dog games were multi-million sellers, so If i were to guess, getting to at least half of CTR's sales (5 million) would be considered a success for them. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Exclusivity will most certainly be a problem. But it will help sell more PS4s, good for Sony. I'm one of those who bought it mainly for Crash. I was going to buy the PS4 anyways, but the remastered announcement sealed the deal for me. Hopefully it will hit 2,5 millions mark, I've already bought mine digitally and I intend to buy the physical version too, or a Collector's Edition, if there's one. I hope it hits other consoles or at least PC down the line.