Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Well common sense would tell you I'm talking about the Scorpio and switch.  just like tomb raider for Xbox one's exclusive deal at first

Except, that got revealed as a time period early on.The extreme secrecy on this one actually points to a much shorter exclusivity period and the silence is to maximize sales. My bets on 3 to 4 months top due to the secrecy

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Sony's not that dumb I doubt they would only pay for 3 months

Why do you think they could afford more? Activision wouldn't even let them use Crash and Spyro in PASB, without an exorobinate amount of money, and they didn't wind up in. I imagine they'd price exclusivity far higher

6 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Why do you think they could afford more? Activision wouldn't even let them use Crash and Spyro in PASB, without an exorobinate amount of money, and they didn't wind up in. I imagine they'd price exclusivity far higher

It's sony they have money their just cheap assed

47 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Well common sense would tell you I'm talking about the Scorpio and switch.  just like tomb raider for Xbox one's exclusive deal at first

So, you're suggesting that time spent being a PS4 exclusive will supposedly mitigate the sales on other consoles when it ceases being an exclusive? What was even the point of bringing that up?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

So, you're suggesting that time spent being a PS4 exclusive will supposedly mitigate the sales on other consoles when it ceases being an exclusive? What was even the point of bringing that up?

I'm saying if they are basing sales for ctr or future releases there better off sticking to ps4 numbers. Keep up. I understand some here or fanboy rabid over this game.  I'm excited to. At the same time I take the glasses off to see where to look if they are looking for sales feedback overall

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I'm saying if they are basing sales for ctr or future releases there better off sticking to ps4 numbers.

And the logical reasoning behind this outside of bias for the console is......?

I mean,  wouldn't sales as a whole across the videogame market be the better thing for them to judge by,  in deciding Crash's fate? Gives him a better fighting chance to begin with. 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

It wasn't only that. According to stories from the PSASBR forums, the reason why was because Activision wanted them to be primarily "third party brands" so they were playing hard-ball for rights. Things have changed by this point enough for them to work with Sony, especially with their COD partnership.

You vastly underestimate how much Sony can afford, as well as how much Activision would charge for a franchise they're testing waters with.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

if they are basing sales for ctr or future releases there better off sticking to ps4 numbers.

23 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

At the same time I take the glasses off to see where to look if they are looking for sales feedback overall

Image result for phoenix wright I spy a contradiction

"I spy....a contradiction!"

But yeah, seriously speaking, it's sadly more so an actual bout of keeping the nostalgia glasses on to think that if Crash Bandicoot isn't going to be a Sony exclusive this time anyway. that they should only look at PS4 numbers alone to decide his fate. And if it's a timed exclusive then it's even more silly to think that they wouldn't do the logical thing in looking into the added sales from other consoles to see how much punch Crash Bandicoot's return has on all platforms.

If it's not going to be exclusive to one console, don't focus on only one consoles sales. Basic logic.

31 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

And the logical reasoning behind this outside of bias for the console is......?

I mean,  wouldn't sales as a whole across the videogame market be the better thing for them to judge by,  in deciding Crash's fate? Gives him a better fighting chance to begin with. 

I own a fucking switch.  I'm playing mk8 right now so get that notion out your head I'm being biased. Any game that comes out late suffer sales wide. Tomb raider. Blazblue. RE. Most all suffer from late pushed sales. Granted if all sony wanted to pony up was a 2 month deal than they will be all for the better but I don't see the deal being less than at least 6 months

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Image result for phoenix wright I spy a contradiction

"I spy....a contradiction!"

But yeah, seriously speaking, it's sadly more so an actual bout of keeping the nostalgia glasses on to think that if Crash Bandicoot isn't going to be a Sony exclusive this time anyway. that they should only look at PS4 numbers alone to decide his fate. And if it's a timed exclusive then it's even more silly to think that they wouldn't do the logical thing in looking into the added sales from other consoles to see how much punch Crash Bandicoot's return has on all platforms.

If it's not going to be exclusive to one console, don't focus on only one consoles sales. Basic logic.

Guess I'll need to use edgeworth

I think they wanna focus on the PS4 first to get a mass selling in the first week, like movies do. If it were to come to 3 more platforms (Switch, Xbox and PC), the PS4 versions' sells would mostly likely outsold the other 3 combined, like it happened in the past (I don't even need a solid proof of that, most people will buy the PS4 version because 99.9% of the people that for YEARS have relentlessly asked for Crash Bandicoot's return in the first place, owns a Sony PlayStation, it's a dead obvious fact). Basically, there's no point in spending time, resource and money into porting the game to another platform, if 99.9% of the buyers are already in the main one!

So yeah, I do believe that the other versions might only happen IF the PS4 does REALLY well, same goes to the future of Crash.

PS4 version does great = ports to other platforms (because the project has paid itself and the team has confidence, demand and money to do so).

PS4 version fails/do not meet the expectations = we're fucked probably no ports, and hard to tell if Activision will still be willing to give it another shot...

If the later ports also do well, great! There's a market for Crash on Nintendo and Xbox, even if not as big as on the PS4 (again, like it always has happened in the past). If we get new games in the future, it will most likely be multiplatform from the start. But, if the ports don't do well at all, I can see the new games being exclusive to the PS4 forever, due to the lack of support in other platforms.

This isn't bias or fanboyism, if you look at the charts of his multiplatform titles (Wrath of Cortex, Nitro Kart, TwinSanity, Tag Team Racing, Titans), the PlayStation version sold better than all the other versions combined. Crash's impact on the PSOne was so strong, that people still relate him with Sony untill these days.

• Thumbs Up 4

During the new footage from warped, they passed by a couple of buttons that activated the portals for some stages we didn't get to see. However, thanks to a nice guy on reddit, we got a better view of the pictures inside the portals, giving us a glimpse of some levels!

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I own a fucking switch.  I'm playing mk8 right now so get that notion out your head I'm being biased.

Man, calm down. I'm going through how well you've actually crafted your arguments and their logic. And I never said you were biased to be fair.

5 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Any game that comes out late suffer sales wide.

We already covered that, hence why I asked what was the point of you bringing it up to begin with?

4 hours ago, Jango said:

most people will buy the PS4 version because 99.9% of the people that for YEARS have relentlessly asked for Crash Bandicoot's return in the first place, owns a Sony PlayStation, it's a dead obvious fact). Basically, there's no point in spending time, resource and money into porting the game to another platform, if 99.9% of the buyers are already in the main one!

I know you're likely being hyperbolic, but you should really stock up on a source when trying to exclude people outside that "99.9%" claim you're making.

4 hours ago, Jango said:

So yeah, I do believe that the other versions might only happen IF the PS4 does REALLY well, same goes to the future of Crash

If it's a timed exclusive though, they'll be coming to other platforms regardless of how well it sells. In fact, business patterns with companies would actually raise the point that they'd do it out of desperation to get back their sales.

4 hours ago, Jango said:

This isn't bias or fanboyism, if you look at the charts of his multiplatform titles (Wrath of Cortex, Nitro Kart, TwinSanity, Tag Team Racing, Titans), the PlayStation version sold better than all the other versions combined.

Well, yeah, No duh. Of course the playsation versions sold the best, though in most cases, the gap wasn't that big (except for cases like Twinsanity with only two ports) wherein it steamrolled the Xbox counterpart in sales admittedly).

But yeah, it's common knowledge that the home port of Crash would of course be the most familiar with him, especially consumer-wise.

4 hours ago, Jango said:

Crash's impact on the PSOne was so strong, that people still relate him with Sony untill these days.

Well most people do associate him that way of course. The difference is that in the now, the demand is for his return in general. Not like, it was for him to return as an exclusive, or rather anything short of him returning to exclusivity as a mascot.

Like, I know you're not one of the culprits, but it's really weird whenever someone goes apeshit whenever a group of people dare to speculate that the N-Sane Trilogy and Crash from now on, eventually won't be exclusive.

Like, there's nothing to suggest that Sony sales are the key so much as just the implications that Sony of course did their usual thing of money hatting exclusives timed or otherwise. Nothing wrong with that either,

• Thumbs Up 1

On another note: 

Trophy news. 3 platinums confirmed, Coco gameplay possibly at E3.

12 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Well, yeah, No duh. Of course the playsation versions sold the best, though in most cases, the gap wasn't that big (except for cases like Twinsanity with only two ports) wherein it steamrolled the Xbox counterpart in sales admittedly).

But yeah, it's common knowledge that the home port of Crash would of course be the most familiar with him, especially consumer-wise.

Well most people do associate him that way of course. The difference is that in the now, the demand is for his return in general. Not like, it was for him to return as an exclusive, or rather anything short of him returning to exclusivity as a mascot.

Like, I know you're not one of the culprits, but it's really weird whenever someone goes apeshit whenever a group of people dare to speculate that the N-Sane Trilogy and Crash from now on, eventually won't be exclusive.

Like, there's nothing to suggest that Sony sales are the key so much as just the implications that Sony of course did their usual thing of money hatting exclusives timed or otherwise. Nothing wrong with that either,

latest?cb=20130630180551

"Honestly Wright, I expected better". 

I mean, that really doesn't change the fact that the PlayStation ports still did better than the other versions, and that's keeping in mind that some versions had improvements, such as WoC's load times being fixed up with the Xbox and Gamecube ports. I'm not sure of the gaps, but it still shows a consistent favouritism to Sony consoles. Furthermore, if the game was releasing on PlayStation first, and all of the promotional stuff happening with Sony and such, it's also likely that most people would've made their decision with PlayStation. I in fact know people who haven't gotten a next-gen console yet and have decided on PlayStation due to Crash. 

On top of that, while there was demand for Crash to return, I'm pretty sure it was closer to having demand for the older consistently good Crash games to come back. If you remember, the only game people considered like legitimately good was Twinsanity post-PS1 era. That's also why there was a bit of uproar with Skylanders getting Crash. I don't think people were sure they could replicate what we actually liked with the Crash series in Skylanders. 

Now, I do understand the concerns regarding people going apeshit about exclusivity. I'm personally fine if it eventually does end up being on other consoles, but Crash would still be seen as kind of PlayStation's family. Sort of like how Kingdom Hearts has released on Nintendo consoles but the series is associated with PlayStation if that makes sense, and personally, that's just because a ton of people have memories of Crash on PlayStation and all the good he did for the brand. Let me make it clear. I don't mind if it is multiplatform, but it would be nice for Crash to be considered unofficial PS family, if that makes sense. 

I guess my issue is when other people show console favouritism in regards to Crash when it doesn't really make sense, like Crash having a presence on Nintendo consoles, when really, Crash had two exclusive GBA games that people liked due to them being good side scroller platformers, and the rest were ports that sold less than the PS2 versions. 

However, you're wrong about that last statement. Sony sales will be key in a sense. The reason being is PlayStation is one of, if not the strongest next-gen console in terms of consumer base. Activision are well aware that those who love Crash are likely players who played him when he was on PS1, and therefore would likely be associated with the PlayStation brand. I know personally, my first console was PS1 and I'm a consistent PlayStation fan with all four consoles, as well as a PSP and Vita. They are key in a sense because like it or lump it, PlayStation will be the best chance to sell the brand to the consumers. Because most of them are either those who are already familiar with Crash and have a connection with him or know Crash is recongized as the classic exclusive before all the ones everyone loved. On top of that, there's the fact that Naughty Dog are exclusive to PS4 players, and people fucking adore Uncharted, Jak, and Last of Us. With Jak and Crash releasing near each other (About two months apart), they can abuse the fact ND originally created Crash as a "Come see Naughty Dog's roots" game. 

Your last statement is a bit of a loaded question showing console bias though, considering both Microsoft and Nintendo do this timed exclusivity bullshit. Hell, to be fair to Sony, they make most of their exclusives. Microsoft tends to just buy up timed exclusivity.

• Thumbs Up 5

27 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Your last statement is a bit of a loaded question showing console bias though, considering both Microsoft and Nintendo do this timed exclusivity bullshit. Hell, to be fair to Sony, they make most of their exclusives. Microsoft tends to just buy up timed exclusivity.

Heh, oh I won't deny that all that all platforms have done that. I'm just bringing up that Sony are the ones you hear the most about in particular, with exclusives, which is a good bout of business dealings on their end. I didn't even really mean it as a negative either. They and Nintendo

What I am, is simply pointing out that if the game wasn't intended to be exclusive in the first place, suggested by the timed exclusivity, then it likely means that Activision won't look at just the PlayStation sales and likely tally the sales as a whole combining PS4 sales and the sales that the game makes when it comes to other consoles. That's all.

37 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

latest?cb=20130630180551

"Honestly Wright, I expected better". 

I mean, that really doesn't change the fact that the PlayStation ports still did better than the other versions, and that's keeping in mind that some versions had improvements, such as WoC's load times being fixed up with the Xbox and Gamecube ports. I'm not sure of the gaps, but it still shows a consistent favouritism to Sony consoles. Furthermore, if the game was releasing on PlayStation first, and all of the promotional stuff happening with Sony and such, it's also likely that most people would've made their decision with PlayStation. I in fact know people who haven't gotten a next-gen console yet and have decided on PlayStation due to Crash. 

11 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Well, yeah, No duh. Of course the PlayStation versions sold the best, though in most cases, the gap wasn't that big (except for cases like Twinsanity with only two ports) wherein it steamrolled the Xbox counterpart in sales admittedly).

phoenix-sheepish%28b%29.gif

"Er, no objections there, Edgeworth".

It seems we actually agree on that. Yeah, no arguments. Despite Crash having a notable audience on other platforms, you've not yet, nor will you will ya'll hear me deny that each caper of his has netted the most from Sony in multi-platform ventures, and for good reason.

phoenix-thinking%28a%29.gif

And yeah, without a doubt, with how cleverly Sony first revealed it as an "exclusive" the PS4 version is certainly gonna have the stakes in its favor. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they got PS4's for it before knowing it's likely not an exclusive. Can't fault them for going about that tactic either.

43 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

On top of that, while there was demand for Crash to return, I'm pretty sure it was closer to having demand for the older consistently good Crash games to come back. If you remember, the only game people considered like legitimately good was Twinsanity post-PS1 era.

11 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

The difference is that in the now, the demand is for his return in general. Not like, it was for him to return as an exclusive, or rather anything short of him returning to exclusivity as a mascot.

phoenix-confident%28b%29.gif

"No contradictions here either!"

The only main difference seems to be that I'm pointing out that demand for Crash to return wasn't strictly for him on just Sony consoles, especially since years of exposure on different consoles garnered him a multiplatform audience. And with the brand not even really turning out anything new console-wise since 2008, you can bet there where cries of notable value from each corner of the gaming market.

Basically, just goes back to what my original point was: Yes, he's great and hot with Sony, but with his garnered attention on the others, there's no real sound reason yet to exclude them, especially if all the potential consumer chatter over the potential ports is anything to go by.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Sort of like how Kingdom Hearts has released on Nintendo consoles but the series is associated with PlayStation if that makes sense

Eh, Kingdom Hearts is a bit of a different story, considering how the clusterfuck story had all its game, including those previously exclusive to Nintendo devices be important. The mainline ones of course, came to the Sony consoles. So one can see why folks might associate both with KH ( and hey even the XBone is getting a piece of that KH3 pie :P (like it really matters considering how Xbox has the absolute least association whatsoever with KH but we're drifting off topic with that)).

Crash would still be seen as kind of PlayStation's family

No issues there.

Let me make it clear. I don't mind if it is multiplatform, but it would be nice for Crash to be considered unofficial PS family, if that makes sense. 

T'would also be cool to see him in Smash alongside Cloud another one of the "unofficial PS family"! XD.

phoenix-sheepish%28a%29.gif

I mean is is kinda cool seeing him and Cortex fight alongside DK and Bowser already in you-know-what.

But yeah, I catch your drift man. That said, like with Cloud Strife, I doubt that him being multiplatform would really ruin that image. Just think of him as the prodigal son who married into different family branches connecting them! :oops:

I guess my issue is when other people show console favouritism in regards to Crash when it doesn't really make sense, like Crash having a presence on Nintendo consoles, when really, Crash had two exclusive GBA games that people liked due to them being good side scroller platformers, and the rest were ports that sold less than the PS2 versions.

For people foolishly claiming had MORE of a presence on Nintendo than Sony, I see your point. But otherwise, there's nothing really inane about suggesting that he did work up a presence on Nintendo and could prosper having the cream of the corn titles in his series released to the likes of them in addition to Sony with their familiarity power, especially with it having good platformer qualities which draw in Nintendo fans. I mean, we can only imagine how great the actual better quality titles such as the original trilogy or Twinsanity, which never came to Nintendo platforms unlike the lesser quality titles which did come, would've sold.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Sony sales will be key in a sense.

Oh they'll certainly be a key. But, as said earlier, they won't be "the" key to decide everything.

The reason being is PlayStation is one of, if not the strongest next-gen console in terms of consumer base. Activision are well aware that those who love Crash are likely players who played him when he was on PS1, and therefore would likely be associated with the PlayStation brand. I know personally, my first console was PS1 and I'm a consistent PlayStation fan with all four consoles, as well as a PSP and Vita. They are key in a sense because like it or lump it, PlayStation will be the best chance to sell the brand to the consumers.

Without a doubt, they'll be key in the sense of determining Crash's fate in regards to the Sony division. But determining his fate in general, again, will likely be determined by sales across and their profits if this truly is a timed exclusive.

However, my main point from the start was that you aught not to preach gloom and doom for Crash if it doesn't do super amazing on the PS4 in sales at launch, with the potential of people waiting for ports, may have migrated from Sony due to the PS3 which never got to see any new Crash installments for some reason, etc, swooping in to boost those sales and make the grand scheme of said sales paint a better picture for the outcome.

On top of that, there's the fact that Naughty Dog are exclusive to PS4 players, and people fucking adore Uncharted, Jak, and Last of Us. With Jak and Crash releasing near each other (About two months apart), they can abuse the fact ND originally created Crash as a "Come see Naughty Dog's roots" game. 

And to be fair, there is also the "Nintendo Exclusivity Effect Novelty" (aka the endless calling for Nintendo to go third party so people can play their games on different consoles) of people on different platforms wanting for so long to have at the Crash series on their own hom consoles at potential play too.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think we can agree though, that yeah, Sony was the best bet to start things out on with Crash's return, and that it opens up numerous possibilities, even more now with it apparently being a timed exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Around the 0:54 second mark you can see the player using the slide spin tactic to keep momentum, guess they weren't kidding when they said they'd keep the physics as loyal as possible.

Nice. Tho' that elevator was faster in the originals, wasn't it? Also, the platinum relic time's still the same? Can someone check? :)

4 hours ago, Jango said:

Nice. Tho' that elevator was faster in the originals, wasn't it? Also, the platinum relic time's still the same? Can someone check? :)

According to a FAQ on GameFAQs, these are the times

Level 19: Future Frenzy

TIME TRIALS

Sapphire       2:01.00
Rating: 1.5/10
You will get this in no time at all, believe me...

Gold           1:34.00 (-27.00 Sapphire)
Rating: 4/10
Not a lot harder, just get all three masks and avoid the lasers.

Platinum       1:19.63 (-14.37 Gold)
Rating: 9/10
This is pretty tough. You need to figure out where to skip a time box so everything falls into place. Don't try to jump around the lasers--you can't do it on this level.

Don't try to jump around the lasers--you can't do it on this level.

Well there's something altered, maybe that's why the time ended up quite a bit shorter. 

I still never got around to playing the original Naughty Dog games, but I'm actually excited for this. I'm seriously considering pre-ordering these, but I'm still debating with myself here on that.

I'd like to think I should do it. I do wanna give these games a shot, and I'm thinking this could be the perfect way to go for a relative starter like me.

But there's some stuff keeping me from placing the pre-order, so I'm still debating on whether or not to just wait for release.

And Crash Boom Bang, it's a modern classic.

Don't actually buy Crash Boom Bang.

Soooooooo, less than a month until we all go N-Sane :P

Are you guys gonna try and plat all three games?

I'd like to at least plat Crash 1&2. This is gonna depend a lot on how difficult the time relics are and whether you will need to get all platform relics to get the plat trophy?! If they are as tricky the original Crash 3's time relics then it's gonna be tough. 

I can imagine the time relics (where you have to start from the beginning of the stage if you die) in Crash 1 being almost as frustrating as the original save system where you couldn't afford to die once because the boxes re-spawn.

I'm gonna play them and complete them. If the platinum trophy comes along, great. Hopefully they will add cool trophies, not just the basics "beat the game", "get all gems", "get all relics"... I demand a lot of puns and references to name the trophies! I saw ideas for trophies' names on Reddit that referenced the infamous Crash 2 advert hahaha "Boy, are my arms tired! Haaa!".