Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

On 13/06/2016 at 11:16 PM, Merry Merry Hatsune said:

It's a remaster, not a remake. Just like the Final Fantasy VI remaster for PS4 that is out NOW (not the remake that was announced last E3)

On 13/06/2016 at 11:19 PM, Tara said:

So it's basically an SADX treatment?

On 13/06/2016 at 11:21 PM, Mayor D said:

Well... it's better than nothing I guess... right? Right!?

On 13/06/2016 at 11:40 PM, Merry Merry Hatsune said:

Looks like that Crash mini game in Uncharted 4 was the demo for it.

On 14/06/2016 at 6:55 AM, Merry Merry Hatsune said:

You're only hurting yourselves more if you think these games are full on remakes.

The graphics are only going to be exactly like FFVII's PS4 release. FFVII PS4 also has remastered sound. So you cannot say FFVII was a port of the PS1 original. Square actually made effort on it.

"Remaking" 3 games in 2 years is a rush job. If it's just Crash 1 releasing next year then maybe that is something but...3 games bundled together. Impossible for VV who are also doing Skylanders.

"We're making the game from scratch?" Isn't VV doing the game, not Sony? Which makes me think even more then what he said was a mistake. Anyway, "from the ground up" can mean a lot of things. KKM pointed out Taxman's Sonic remasters which were also "from the ground up".

R&C/Insomniac didn't just remake the game, but also altered a lot of the original story. So R&C was more then just a remake. If they didn't change the story, then it's just a full on remake.

I'm 99% confident, it's not full on remakes of Crash. If it was that big of a deal, we would have seen something about it yesterday even if it's just developers coming out and talking about it.

Looking back at the first pages of this thread... Oh, how wrong were you guys! (funny how neither of those saying the game would be "just a widescreen port of the PS1 games" didn't posted here anymore, is like they were only in this topic to talk shit and put people down :( Vicarious Visions went an extra mile. If they've added the unused levels, I swear to God.

• Thumbs Up 3

I haven't posted in this topic since it was announced.  So it was a full-on remake and not a remaster?

This stuff is looking really promising. Sorry if we spoiled any big announcements, Vicarious Visions, but either way you have us on the edge of our seats now. :D

Spoiler

Love that Coco is not only seemingly playable but is suggested to have her own move set.

What's the gag about the Warped achievements though? He was called N. Trophy since WOC. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Tara said:

I haven't posted in this topic since it was announced.  So it was a full-on remake and not a remaster?

Yeah, pretty much. Prettied-up graphics made from scratch, tweaks to gameplay, assorted additions, and all that.

Though Vicarious Visions still insists on calling it a "remaster plus".

Spoiler

Also, wow. They actually made Coco a fully playable character?! That's pretty cool! Definitely gonna check out the game now.

• Thumbs Up 4

Spoiler

Playable Coco in all three games? FUCK YES! I'm buying this game day 1!

10 minutes ago, Tara said:

Heh, I had it pegged as such from the start!

phoenix-confident%28a%29.gif

16 minutes ago, Tara said:

If you're still wanna call it a remaster (which Vicarious Visions themselves still do!), you might just call it THE GOD OF ALL REMASTERS.

It's new everything, front and back... except level design... But c'mon! It's like playing a new game, especially with the just leaked new addition.

42 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hide contents

And she's an alt in Warped, she never does a hurricane attack on a jetski, ship or tiger. 

Also for those who don't get the relic trophy names on some of them...

Spoiler

My bad, I missed a mention of Coco in Warped! I looked through it but didn't see it.

Spoiler

I was like "Why isn't Coco playable in Crash 2?" then yeah I'm dumb.

But playable Coco sounds amazing. And the fact that Fake Crash is back is great. ♥ 

Pleaaaaaaaaase be multiplatform.

57 minutes ago, Jango said:

(funny how neither of those saying the game would be "just a widescreen port of the PS1 games" didn't posted here anymore, is like they were only in this topic to talk shit and put people down :( 

You're absolutely right.

I woke up that day and decided.

I must put this topic down.

Then ran away into the night and stole all the wine from the village and ruined their harvest festival.

Because I'm that bad.

And I've also barely posted on SSMB compared for this time last year. But the wine thing was still real.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Looking back at the first pages of this thread... Oh, how wrong were you guys! (funny how neither of those saying the game would be "just a widescreen port of the PS1 games" didn't posted here anymore, is like they were only in this topic to talk shit and put people down :( Vicarious Visions went an extra mile. If they've added the unused levels, I swear to God.

Vindication in this case is a wonderful thing I'll admit. Especially to the one who said they'd change their usernames to certain ones if it turned out to be a remake.

6 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Dang, that's really interesting...

For those that don't quite get it, each game has its OWN trophy list.

https://www.exophase.com/game/crash-bandicoot-psn/trophies/

https://www.exophase.com/game/crash-bandicoot-2-cortex-strikes-back-psn/trophies/

https://www.exophase.com/game/crash-bandicoot-warped-psn/trophies/

Hide contents

Coco is listed as playable for both Crash Bandicoot and Crash Bandicoot 2. They probably made her an alt in the first two as an unlockable. That's epic.

I'm glad you don't need to get the platform time relics to unlock the Platform trophies (just the gold relics). All the trophies (apart from the time relics) look straightforward to unlock.

Only 20 days left until N-Sane Day <3

I can't believe they've actually made a trophy for shooting the chickens with the bazooka. I always do that whenever I play Crash Warped. I even saw people on Reddit suggesting it, maybe VV read it

Also, the CTR references... They certainly love to tease when comes to Crash, hm?

12 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hide contents

They did it the absolute madmen. 

They did? Where was that confirmed?

29 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

They did? Where was that confirmed?

Spoiler

The trophy you get for beating Dingodile is called ''Penta's Revenge''

• Thumbs Up 3

Funny how there's no trophy related to unlocking Coco... Maybe she's playable from the start? I think they should make her playable only after beating Cortex. She could be playable from the go in Warped tho'. Also, there should be a trophy for beating the games again, but as Coco only! And it should be called "Hey! Stop playing with my sister!" :)

So I finally got to try out the demo in GAME today, and I was mostly impressed. While it does feel kinda different from the originals, it still plays pretty smoothly for the most part and the graphics look much nicer while playing them on TV over watching them on a laptop.

The jump does feel more pressure sensitive than originally, though it's not too awkward, just something to get used to. The crouch does feel very sluggish though. I remember being able to press crouch and high jump in near instant succession in the original games, while here this is not allowed. The slide jump does work as well as before though.

One nitpick aside this looks like it will a joy to play as well as marvel at.

Spoiler

I wonder if Coco will feel any different to play as, with or without different moves. I could see her having a Luigi-ish lighter controlling.

Skip three minutes into the video:

• Thumbs Up 2

My god. So much Crash info and it aint even E3 yet. 

And man, something about the warmth of these levels just makes this look so good. 

Spoiler

And that character select option on the bottom right, tho. Sweet jesus! (I'm going to assume this is after the fact Crash finds Coco some batteries? It'd be weird to have Coco sending transmissions to herself and warning herself about Cortex otherwise) 

Edt: Actually, I just noticed that after you fight Papu Papu, there's a branching path that leads down to Coco's laptop. Hmm, maybe they added a cutscene to justify her playability as early as Crash 1?

Edit 2: I also just noticed that Papu Papu has 5 hp now instead of the 3 hp he had in the OG Crash. What's interesting is that Tiny's Boss still has 3 hp, too. I'm wondering if this insinuates a hard mode?

Video notes:

* Crash and Coco icons on the Crash 1/2 hub worlds, plus a little extra side spot on the map opposite Papu Papu's boss leading to what appears to be Coco's laptop.

* A lot of new level footage like Turtle Woods/Warp Room from Crash 2, Tiny boss/jetski level from Warped.

* Papu Papu seems to be granted his Japanese settings (his US theme song is playing, but look at his health meter).

* 'Papu Popped' achievement shown, but no 'YEEEEEEEHAAHHHH!' from Crash.

* The motorcycle level looks unfinished compared to previews, look at all those blank placeholders and the boost pads.

I'm wondering if we should just quit spoiler quoting now, since they've pretty much let this guy reveal all this stuff unofficially.

EDIT: 

On another note, it seems Coco reacts to several of Crash's idles in Warped as well as the dance:

cocolaugh.gif?resize=350,200&ssl=1

That's a pretty neat touch I admit. Adding that fan contest idle into the mix, Crash is interacting with his buddies a fair bit more in the remakes.

• Thumbs Up 4

Haha wow, and as you say that, the vid gets taken down. Looks like someone posted something they shouldn't have? Luckily i kept my tab up