Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Here's the video again, the beta footage. Someone else has uploaded it.

• Thumbs Up 1

They did it, the absolute madman. If CTR remake reveal actually happens during Sony's conference, they might as well lock all the doors and go home.

Okay, so we have a couple more things regarding Coco, both in and out of the game. 

-First off, the last theme pack you get for pre-ordering has been revealed to be a Coco pack by JB Hi-Fi, an Australian company. You also get two avatars with it, of Coco and Pura.

217580.jpg?w=875&h=

Oh yeah, and the full product listing from them confirms online leaderboards. 

-Secondly, a German Playstation blog has gone into more detail about Coco's playability in N-Sane. Most people here probably can't read German, so to summarise the new information; 

• The blog says that she can be playable in all three games thanks to the Time Twister. Not sure if a legitimate explanation or a joke. 
  •  Coco is playable in any regular platforming level.
  • Vehicle levels are still character specific, so Coco can't ride Polar or Hog, or use the motorcycle, jetpack or underwater jet, and Crash can't ride Pura, or use the Jetski. 
  • Coco also can't be used in boss fights (except the N.Gin one from Warped, obviously). This is for the sake of story consistency. 
  • Apparently she offers a lot that isn't obvious on first sight. Wonder what that means.

Sounds neat, There's a lot of levels that get covered by her playability. It also suggests that she can use Baby T, which is cool. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Spoiler

I remember seeing some people wondering if there would be a way to implement Crash's moves from the latter games, into the earlier ones (i.e. Power-ups in 2, Slide and Ground-pound in 1) in some way. Maybe Coco's playability is the answer to that; having similar moves to Crash by the end of Warped, essentially letting you play any regular level in any game with a fully-upgraded, Warped-style moveset.

Though there's bound to also be some surprises in what she can do, too.

And the Coco trailer's out.

That Time Twister thing is true, according to the description.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, seems like what they said about her not being able to go on Crash vehicle levels and vice versa is true, tho' only for levels where you're on the vehicle the entire stage.

Tho' I wonder if she'll be playable on the underwater stages.

They seem to be keeping her unique attributes under wraps besides the fact she can spin like her brother and use some unlock able moves like the bazooka (rather surprised they didn't insert her WOC kick attacks). Less likely to be 'backwards allowing the Warped moves' since that would likely cheapen Time Trial mode, plus would make Crash meaningless besides Warped (though was that a double jump in that Heavy Machinery clip?). I'm placing bets on her being a 'lethal joke character', being sort of a lite Crash, but with a couple of really beneficial unique abilities that make her on his level when used properly.

So the Time Twister thing I'm guessing is Coco travelling to the past to cause time rifts, er, help her brother, so no origin story for where the hell she came from before Crash 2.

Looks like she can at least do the vehicle/platform hybrid levels, so she can do the air board ones in Crash 2. Wonder about the plane levels in Warped though, since Crash and Coco had mechanics ready for them.

Her model looks so expressive and cute. All those unique animations too (looks like she's a camera fiend now). :P

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, StriCNYN3 said:

At ~ 2:30 there's a Nathan Drake portrait on the table to the left of the fireplace.

Oh, and in Cortex Strikes Back's intro she's watching the Uncharted 4 scene where Nathan and Elena play Crash.

1HgNGGk.png

• Thumbs Up 3

More gameplay!

Edit:

This one confirms how you get Coco in Warped; you have to talk to her in the Warp Room, possibly after doing her first level. I'm guessing that's what the space in Crash 1 is for as well. 

First video shows us Dingodile's boss fight for the first time. He looks like a compromise between the in-game Dingodile and the concept Dingodile, and I am okay with that. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

THIS IS SO SWEET. THE UNCHARTED REFERENCE IS SO META, HOLY SHIT, VICARIOUS VISIONS!!!!

By God, this looks great. It's so genuinely good, that I don't even mind if Coco isn't playable in bosses or vehicle/animal levels, her playability in regular levels of all three game is more than I could ever want. Such a great addition.

Oh God, now I wish there was a split screen mode... Imagine How easy it would be to get the clear gem in levels with branching paths, like The Pits and Cortex Power? Each bandicoot pick a side and meet at the end!

Also, the Coco trailer is the last thing I'll watch, no more spoilers for me, I'll see you guys July 1st!

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, TCB said:

I'll spoil for those who wish to be surprised

Reveal hidden contents

Guys

PLAYABLE COCO

THE DREAM

IS 

REAL

This is awesome!

Spoiler

I always wanted to see Coco as a fully playable character since "Wrath of Cortex". This is one hell of a Remaster/Remake.

Coco looks more and more fun the more we see of her. I'm loving how more expressive and more over the top she is now but in a different way from Crash, like making over the top expressions for selfies and such. It's such a cool touch, especially when later Crash games tended to just have Coco be Crash's generic mechanic sister.

• Thumbs Up 3

More gameplay, this one from Gamespot has Ripper Roo's Crash 2 boss fight. 

Okay, so as far as I know, this means that there's only three boss fights we haven't seen anything of, and that is the last three boss fights of Warped. 

-The first four boss fights of Crash 1 were in the villains showcase.

-The Crash 1 Brio and Cortex boss fights were briefly shown in the most recent launch trailer. 

-The Crash 2 Ripper Roo fight is here.

-The Komodo Bros and Tiny Crash 2 fights were in the villains showcase as well. 

-The Crash 2 N-Gin and Cortex boss fights were also shown as a snippet in the launch trailer. 

-The Crash 3 Tiny fight was in some footage from just before E3. 

-Dingodile's fight was seen in footage just earlier today. 

-Tropy, Coco's N.Gin fight and Crash 3's final boss are still unseen. 

I was wondering. Anyone else hoping they'll make an additional cutscene or something to show how Coco entered the series? Legitimately something I wondered about since Crash 2 and it'd be cool to finally get a definitive answer.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I was wondering. Anyone else hoping they'll make an additional cutscene or something to show how Coco entered the series? Legitimately something I wondered about since Crash 2 and it'd be cool to finally get a definitive answer.

Same. I find it odd they didn't use this as an excuse to introduce Coco via Crash 1 instead of the alleged Time Twister plot.

I could see Crash busting up Cortex's lab and freeing all the animals as some sort of build up cutscene to the last boss and out pops Coco.

19 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Coco looks more and more fun the more we see of her. I'm loving how more expressive and more over the top she is now but in a different way from Crash, like making over the top expressions for selfies and such. It's such a cool touch, especially when later Crash games tended to just have Coco be Crash's generic mechanic sister.

Yeah I know this was a specific complaint towards Wrath of Cortex for some reviewers, even besides downgraded gameplay, they thought Coco was a more boring Crash besides being 'cute'. Radical tried to make her goofy but it felt overplayed and obnoxious. This Coco seems like the perfect balance, she has her old characterisation but is cartoony and silly about it. VV have my respect, they finally made the 'boring 90s strong girl' a fun character.

• Thumbs Up 1

That'd be pretty cool. Maybe Coco and Tawna both turn out to be Cortex's next targets, and Crash decides to free them both. Tawna...does what you expect, but Coco and Crash become family.

Also, not sure if posted but Crash 2's opening cutscene: 

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh no, our favourite Sonic suit man is getting a formal challenge!

Please Crash suit man, he can barely get himself on stage without help!

• Thumbs Up 1

Off-topic but, in an interview with IGN, Vicarious Visions was asked about a Spyro remaster. They said to keep asking for it. 

• Thumbs Up 1