Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

I'm so happy this is all happening. Sonic Mania and Crash made this whole year worthy already.

15 minutes ago, Jango said:

I'm so happy this is all happening. Sonic Mania and Crash made this whole year worthy already.

Yeah, 2017 is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite years.

Crash's release date is perfect timing. Something to take my mind off of Mania for a couple of weeks :D

So, are you guys gonna play the Crash games in order; 1, 2 then Warped?

11 minutes ago, OcelotBot said:

Yeah, 2017 is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite years.

Crash's release date is perfect timing. Something to take my mind off of Mania for a couple of weeks :D

So, are you guys gonna play the Crash games in order; 1, 2 then Warped?

Most likely, yeah, althought 2 is my favorite, I wanna play them in order to see if there's new cutscenes and stuff. I've also played up to world 4 in Crash 3 this weekend, good times, getting my hands ready! :D

On the one hand, it'd only be right to play them in order.

On the other hand, none of my favourites are in the first game. 

I'll likely try quick random fixes of all of them like any compilation. I'll probably try Crash 1 up to Papu Papu just so I can try out Coco in the first game, after that anything goes.

I never played the original first game, got into the series with the 2nd. So naturally I'll be playing in order.

It's funny, back in the day, Crash 2 was the one I've played last, and it's my favorite. I've played Crash 1, Warped, CTR and only then Crash 2 hehehe

I think I might just do as @E-122-Psi, play Crash 1 up to Papu-Papu or Ripper Roo, then play some Crash 2 :D:D

Just realised they're going to have to alter some dialogue.

In Crash 2, before Ripper Roo, Cortex says "Although they cannot harm you inside this warp room, they can attack you on your way to the next one."

Except...you know...the bosses are now accessed through portals in the warp room now, not on the way up. 

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Just realised they're going to have to alter some dialogue.

In Crash 2, before Ripper Roo, Cortex says "Although they cannot harm you inside this warp room, they can attack you on your way to the next one."

Except...you know...the bosses are now accessed through portals in the warp room now, not on the way up. 

Really? o.o Where? I imagine it might be located where the save/load wall would be... perhaps it only appears once you've beaten the boss once, allowing you to fight it again as much as you'd like (back in the day you had to hold the triangle button when going up, it was kind of a hidden trick actually).

Ripper Roo and the Komodo Brothers were both shown in the E3 media blowout. It is where the load/save screen was. You can see one such doorway in this screenshot. 

423869.jpg

While your idea sounds like a good mix of both, the Komodo Brothers portal was already in the room and inaccessible during the E3 stuff. Unless of course it only activates after you go up and fight, even if it's always present. Hmm. 

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Ripper Roo and the Komodo Brothers were both shown in the E3 media blowout. It is where the load/save screen was. You can see one such doorway in this screenshot. 

423869.jpg

While your idea sounds like a good mix of both, the Komodo Brothers portal was already in the room and inaccessible during the E3 stuff. Unless of course it only activates after you go up and fight, even if it's always present. Hmm. 

Wait what do you MEAN that there's a boss chamber now and you don't face them by going up the warp rooms?

Why change that, that feels... Oddly wrong to me. 

I agree the main fun was as you go up I like to imagine they were literally in between floors haha

How many people didn't realise you could reface boss fights by holding triangle until they looked it up online though? It's a cool concept, but that wasn't indicated at all. Like I said, maybe Jango's right and you do fight them first time by going up the lift. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I learned by reading game books. Nearly all told you could. I still have some somewhere telling you. So it was not impossible to learn

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

How many people didn't realise you could reface boss fights by holding triangle until they looked it up online though? It's a cool concept, but that wasn't indicated at all. Like I said, maybe Jango's right and you do fight them first time by going up the lift. 

you just blew my freakin' mind there.

I think it's a nice solution to add the boss' portal in the Warp Room, but looking at it, it would've been NICER if the portal itself had some elements conected to these bosses... Like the Komodo Bros's portal could have some pillows and a carpet at the entrance, N. Gin's could be made of metal and rocket parts, etc, etc.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I learned by reading game books. Nearly all told you could. I still have some somewhere telling you. So it was not impossible to learn

It still ultimately comes down to the same thing; you shouldn't have to look at sources outside of what the game provides to know this stuff. It's not a tip, it's a basic function. It would have even been acceptable to have it in the game manual, but it's not (I checked) so it's easy to miss if you decide you don't need a game book or don't want to look it up. Otherwise, people won't find this out until years after. Case in point; 

1 hour ago, FReaK said:

you just blew my freakin' mind there.

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

I think it's a nice solution to add the boss's portal in the Warp Room, but looking at it, it would've been NICER if the portal itself had some elements conected to these bosses... Like the Komodo Bros's portal could have some pillows and a carpet at the entrance, N. Gin's could be made of metal and rocket parts, etc.

I'm guessing they didn't want to encroach too much on the original aesthetic, considering where they're located used to be the save screen. So they still match the surroundings even with a different function.

That, and the temple aesthetic actually does match up with the Komodo Bros given their concept for Crash 1 and the supposed location of warp room 2. Dunno about Ripper Roo or the other bosses. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

It still ultimately comes down to the same thing; you shouldn't have to look at sources outside of what the game provides to know this stuff. It's not a tip, it's a basic function. It would have even been acceptable to have it in the game manual, but it's not (I checked) so it's easy to miss if you decide you don't need a game book or don't want to look it up. Otherwise, people won't find this out until years after. Case in point; 

I'm guessing they didn't want to encroach too much on the original aesthetic, considering where they're located used to be the save screen. So they still match the surroundings even with a different function.

That, and the temple aesthetic actually does match up with the Komodo Bros given their concept for Crash 1 and the supposed location of warp room 2. Dunno about Ripper Roo or the other bosses. 

Regardless it's a new time. People could simply Google to see if it were possible now. Many games have and some still do methods at doing certain things not spelled

Spoiler

I'm glad that even the back cover reiterates that this is, in fact, a remake of 3 games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

I guess the details debunk the multiplayer rumour then.

But, just to be sure....HOW MANY GAMES WILL THERE BE?

Only three games on one disc? Pfffft, weak.

Sonic_Mega_Collection_Coverart.png

HOW ABOUT SEVEN GAMES IN ONE?! THINK YOU CAN BEAT THAT?!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Only three games on one disc? Pfffft, weak.

Sonic_Mega_Collection_Coverart.png

HOW ABOUT SEVEN GAMES IN ONE?! THINK YOU CAN BEAT THAT?!

Maybe in a couple decades or so they'll release a compilation of remakes featuring the trilogy, CTR, Wraith of Cortex, Twinsanity, and the Mutant games. That'll show ya.

:P

• Thumbs Up 3