Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Well it's nice it's not far off other remakes (Ratchet and Clank 2016 got an 85, as did even Mario's remake effort, Super Mario 64 DS [edit: and Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze got 83]), but some of the complaints do seem a bit dumb. 

Seems like most complaints are that the level design feels "kinda dated"...which is a lame excuse. The level lay-out is still clever and challenging even for a 2017 game.

Sounds like they'll end up shitting on a brand-new Crash game if the design is similar to Crash 1, 2 or 3. Perhaps Twinsanity's design is a good place to start. The linearity is part of the charm of the Crash games and an open-world game probably wouldn't feel right.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ironically I would have graded down the opposite way, new gamers would have likely enjoyed it while fans of the original tend to feel more bitter due to personal nostalgic nitpicks and the game not really having a great deal new to make up for it. Even then if gameplay's as good as the demo, I couldn't really rate it a mere stinking 6.0. on that principal.

Well, that Gamespot review was very vague and non specific. Just throwing out the words "dated" and "time" while hoping the readers would fill in the blanks of whatever context they're trying to give.

Also complaining about enemies in a remade 90's platformer doing predetermined animations and "rarely reacting to you" (And what a blatant lie that was. So you're telling me the myriad of Crash deaths, with the enemies kissing Crash turning to a prince, Dino's jumping for joy as he squashes Crash and etc are NOT a means of reaction, right?)

....Yeah that, and with how short this review was told me right there that they didn't even try with this game and gave a half assed review

GUYS. GUYS. The final wait is almost over! Althought our friends in Australia are already going n.sane, (which is fair since Crash himself is aussie!), our time will come soon enough! We are closer than ever before!

Oh man...

IMG_20161224_104255_610_zpsr2nuiszt.jpg

This was months ago when I've just pre-ordered the game. ^^

And this is today:

IMG_20170629_192623344_zpscadvoy9c.jpg

5 hours left! I'm shaking here! Wonder if I adjust my PS4 clock to Australia time, the game will be unlocked o.O I'm doing this as I type!

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

For those complaining about GameReactor's "not enough content" complaint, I asked the reviewer about it. This is what he said. 
https://www.twitter.com/FordJamesGames/status/880555927732068352

I can validate it more for gamers who already have the originals (I think this game could have done with a more few non-aesthetic extras to make it a fresher experience), in terms of standalone however, it has nearly 100 levels.

^^^ I think this dude played that demo with 3 levels and thought it was the full game.

It's sad because the game's general score will decrease thanks to clueless morons like this guy and the Gamespot dude, which also didn't finished any of the three games.

Back to business, I've changed my PS4 time to Sidney +10, no luck. My PSN is to blame, I made my account in Brazil :/

Got it early and I'm having a great time. Never played a Crash game before but its so loveable, makes me wonder why I didn't try it before. I'm not very good at Crash 1, Crash 2 I can make a lot of mistakes but Crash 3 I seem okay at. Hope you guys enjoy it too!

• Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Got it early and I'm having a great time. Never played a Crash game before but its so loveable, makes me wonder why I didn't try it before. I'm not very good at Crash 1, Crash 2 I can make a lot of mistakes but Crash 3 I seem okay at. Hope you guys enjoy it too!

Sweet dude! Crash 1 is the hardest of the bunch, Warped is actually the easiest (unless you want to beat all the time attack high scores!). It's awesome to hear from someone who never played Crash before, is having a great time :)

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm in a very similar boat, having only really played around half of Crash 1 and never touched 2 and 3.

Definitely super excited to get cracking with this tomorrow, it's amazing how the games have transitioned into modern day! It'll be a morning of camping at the window, waiting for the or the Amazon truck to pull up tomorrow! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

For those complaining about GameReactor's "not enough content" complaint, I asked the reviewer about it. This is what he said. 
https://www.twitter.com/FordJamesGames/status/880555927732068352

Honestly, content and worth is super subjective. I mean fuck, we're in a age where we still spend 5-10 dollars on virtual console nes/snes games. Personally, don't see them worth that much anymore, but some do. As long as I get a enjoyable experience I can come back to, I'm fine spending that much. Not every game is gonna be Breath of the Wild in terms of content and size. These were from the getgo just the first 3 Crash games with little to add in terms of new extra content. However he's free to feel the game is lackluster and not worth the price much like how I've expressed how I felt about certain games 

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh wow just noticed, at the Pinstripe boss fight, check the floor

Spoiler

2R4N6eo.png

There's a drawing of Pinstripe shooting Crash down.

Guess he was looking forward to this so much he drew it while waiting for Crash to show up.

So i have spent the last 2 days playing the shit out of crash 2. I managed to get all the gems for the first time ever and now im doing the Gold relics for the platinum trophy..and Boy, who ever set those times you have to get is a sadistic bastard. You have to finish snow go in 49 seconds to get the Gold relic iirc. I have almost 20 of them now, mainly in warp room 1-3 and secret. But the game is crazy fun. Most fun i had with a game in a long, long time. Worth every single Cent.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game will be out 1am for me, and I have to work tomorrow early D:

It should be out at midnight, what is thisssssss?

2 hours ago, Joy said:

I'm in a very similar boat, having only really played around half of Crash 1 and never touched 2 and 3.

Definitely super excited to get cracking with this tomorrow, it's amazing how the games have transitioned into modern day! It'll be a morning of camping at the window, waiting for the or the Amazon truck to pull up tomorrow! :lol:

I'm in the same boat as you, even with ordering it from Amazon! Can't really complain though as with some discount I managed to snag it for £23.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

t̗̙͔h̜̺͍̲e̩y̪̲ ̡̳̜͍͙f͖̠̤͘u̡̲̮͕̪̲ͅc̱̭͡k̟͇̥i̪͍̭ṋ̰͎g͔ ̠̲̝̗̺r̕u͎̫̪̮̤͍íned͇͇̳͙͉̣ ͇̹͕͓̫́ͅri̘̲̖͓͇͉p̢̯̯̘͇̜̦p̳̬̭̥e͈͕r҉̖̬͙̰̱͍̻ ͏̹̙̦͎r̤̥̳̝͔̘o̸͓̦̩̗̹ͅo͝

why did they change his laugh

He sounds DUMB and not INSANE now. 

God. 

The game in general looks amazing, but those small tibdits man. Those small details really piss me off. 

EDIT: They changed Cortex's final boss fight in Crash 2 so that there's a REASON why Cortex is escaping. But w̛h͝y di̡d͜ t͟he͏y ̸re̴m̨ov҉e͢ ̶t̀he bo̵şs͡ q͘uo̢te̛s af͟t͜er y̸ǫu͘ ́bea̴t͠ the̡m ͞f͏r͝o͢m Cr̷ash 2 and̀ C͏r͏ash ̛3

Jesus Christ Vicarious Visions, they're small details I know, but they make a quite enough difference. 

EDIT 2: Okay Tropy has his still. But Dingodile's quote being removed...

14 minutes ago, Venom Wisp said:
  Reveal hidden contents

t̗̙͔h̜̺͍̲e̩y̪̲ ̡̳̜͍͙f͖̠̤͘u̡̲̮͕̪̲ͅc̱̭͡k̟͇̥i̪͍̭ṋ̰͎g͔ ̠̲̝̗̺r̕u͎̫̪̮̤͍íned͇͇̳͙͉̣ ͇̹͕͓̫́ͅri̘̲̖͓͇͉p̢̯̯̘͇̜̦p̳̬̭̥e͈͕r҉̖̬͙̰̱͍̻ ͏̹̙̦͎r̤̥̳̝͔̘o̸͓̦̩̗̹ͅo͝

why did they change his laugh

He sounds DUMB and not INSANE now. 

God. 

The game in general looks amazing, but those small tibdits man. Those small details really piss me off. 

EDIT: They changed Cortex's final boss fight in Crash 2 so that there's a REASON why Cortex is escaping. But w̛h͝y di̡d͜ t͟he͏y ̸re̴m̨ov҉e͢ ̶t̀he bo̵şs͡ q͘uo̢te̛s af͟t͜er y̸ǫu͘ ́bea̴t͠ the̡m ͞f͏r͝o͢m Cr̷ash 2 and̀ C͏r͏ash ̛3

Jesus Christ Vicarious Visions, they're small details I know, but they make a quite enough difference. 

EDIT 2: Okay Tropy has his still. But Dingodile's quote being removed...

The laugh was stock audio, don't think they can use it anymore. :U

Plus I kinda like that they basically gave CotT!Crash's voice to Ripper Roo, though in a different pitch, it fits him much better.

2 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

The laugh was stock audio, don't think they can use it anymore. :U

Plus I kinda like that they basically gave CotT!Crash's voice to Ripper Roo, though in a different pitch, it fits him much better.

The hyena laugh? It's from The Lady and the Tramp. Been used in like three unrelated films along with Ripper Roo. I would've guessed it was available to use but they chose not too to "mooooooodernize" the character. 

But it's iconic, and it was Ripper Roo. 

So the boss music is a hit and miss on some. Some sound almost spot on. Others like ngin just sound off to me a bit