Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

'From the ground up' implies that it's a bit more than just emulating a PS1 rom in 1080p. I hope they actually put some effort into this, Crash looked amazing back in the day, even though it was too difficult for my 7 (and 20 something) year old self. That said, I'd be very surprised if they R&C'd it, I don't think that's likely at all.

The FFVII PS4 release is just a port of the Steam version, which in turn is an update of the original 1998 PC release, with more cheats. That version had 'remastered' music too (Sidebar - am I the only  one who thinks the VII soundtrack sounds fucking awful, even with the proper music files? Lovely music ruined by the shittest midis of all time)

12 minutes ago, Tornado said:

So when are you going to stop bringing up bad examples to support your point then?

WTF are you talking about. People here are comparing these remasters to R&C PS4, which is a full on remake (or what Indigo said "re-imagining the game"). Which is not.

And FFVII is NOT a bad example.

12 hours ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

WTF are you talking about.

I'm talking about you bringing up bad examples to insist that two terms that the industry itself uses pretty much interchangeably have separate and distinct meanings as applied to three games that were just announced yesterday. I'm sure these won't be to the level of Ratchet and Clank, but Ratchet and Clank is a far higher bar than most actual remakes set out to achieve; and "from the ground up" generally does mean a specific thing.

People here are comparing these remasters to R&C PS4, which is a full on remake (or what Indigo said "re-imagining the game"). 

There are 102 posts in this thread, and only four of them seem to have even mentioned the Ratchet and Clank PS4 game. Half of those were yours. In particular this one:

19 hours ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

Do you know how long it took for Ratchet and Clank for its remake to be completed?

While useful for explaining why any ground up remake of the Crash Trilogy wouldn't be as extensive as that as queried all of twice in this thread, is somewhat useless as an example for explaining why the Crash Trilogy can't be a remake at all; because the Ratchet and Clank remake was so extensively changed from the original that it for the most part doesn't even resemble the original game so much as cover most of the same ideas.

And FFVII is NOT a bad example.

It's a very mildly warmed over port of the bugfixed rerelease of the PC version they originally made in 1998, with some of the iOS version features slapped in and the 3X speed option and the prerendered backgrounds run through waifu2x. Most, if not all, of the graphical upgrades could be replicated by running ePSXe with the internal resolution set to 1080p.

So, yes, it is.

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I'm talking about you bringing up bad examples to insist that two terms that the industry itself uses pretty much interchangeably have separate and distinct meanings as applied to three games that were just announced yesterday.

Really? Can you show me another example of a company called a remastered game that is actually a remake?

EDIT: Okay, I found out that SEGA called Sonic Adventure 2 PS3/XBLA remaster a "remake".

There are 102 posts in this thread, and only four of them have even mentioned the Ratchet and Clank PS4 game. Half of those were yours.

You looked at all 102 posts in this thread, just to make that point? The opening post, says it's like the Ratchet remake. I'm saying it's not like that. 

It's a very mildly warmed over port of the bugfixed rerelease of the PC version they originally made in 1998, with some of the iOS version features slapped in and the 3X speed option. Most, if not all, of the graphical upgrades could be replicated by running ePSXe with the internal resolution set to 1080p.

So, yes, it is.

If they upgraded the PS1 graphics, upgraded the look of the assets, added small features, fixed a few things and remastered the music, then it's not really a port of the PS1 version.

What we saw in Uncharted 4 (with Crash's jump looking different etc.) is most likely the demo of the remaster.

37 minutes ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

You looked at all 102 posts in this thread, just to make that point?

Untitled-1.png

If they upgraded the PS1 graphics, upgraded the look of the assets, added small features, fixed a few things and remastered the music, then it's not really a port of the PS1 version.

Why, that's fantastic. But... uh...

9 hours ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

Just like the Final Fantasy VI remaster for PS4 that is out NOW (not the remake that was announced last E3)

More of a FFVII treatment, but yeah I guess.

Edit: it will be like this

2 hours ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

The graphics are only going to be exactly like FFVII's PS4 release. FFVII PS4 also has remastered sound. So you cannot say FFVII was a port of the PS1 original. Square actually made effort on it.

Those statements, and indeed the entire point of bringing up the FFVII PS4 port as a comparison for what we should assume these Crash games must be like, can only really apply to this conversation if you are completely ignorant of the fact that the FFVII on the PS4 is a port of the patched rerelease of the "enhanced" PC version Square originally made nearly 20 years ago.

The original Crash games were written in a custom programming language that seems to practically be just a step above assembly, so simply getting them to run on the PS4 might already be a Taxman-style affair.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Untitled-1.png

Is that what you used for people mentioning R&C remake? What about the posts mentioning the remake as "R&C?" Doesn't that count? Like now, this post won't be in your result. And I mentioned the game.

27 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Why, that's fantastic. But... uh...

Those statements, and indeed the entire point of bringing up the FFVII PS4 port as a comparison for what we should assume these Crash games must be like, is if you are completely ignorant of the fact that the FFVII on the PS4 is a port of the PC version Square originally made nearly 20 years ago

The PC version doesn't have iOS features in it, so PS4's not a "straight up" port of the PC version. And the PC version made in 1998, doesn't HAVE the remastered music. So I'm not freaking ignorant thank you very much. It's based on the 1998 PC version, but even that 1998 version has better graphics then the original PS1 game. Point is, FFVII PS4 =/= FFVII PS1. And what it looks like with Crash, will be the same if we cut out the PC and iOS versions inbetween.

That was some Square Einx FFVII tiers of baiting nonsense Sony pulled with that Crash "reveal" in their conference. It wouldn't be so bad if there hadn't previously been two-three years of hints and teasers indicating something big was going to happen. -__-

LOL, the original trilogy being "remastered" "built from the ground up". Yeah no, screw off with that vaguespeak buffalo chips. At least be honest about what it is, either it's an updated-re release or an straight remake--and if you didn't have or never planned to show anything about (in-development footage/screenshots, they didn't even name the developer working on it); then they never should had even featured that in the press conference at all.

Though to be honest, I don't blame just Sony. Activision (who via making the Crash remasters and his appearance in Skylanders are shown to still hold the rights) totally misread what many fans wanted (a new Crash game), or they did know but weren't willing to put in the required effort and weren't willing to give / license out the keys over to someone else who was willing to (contrary to what seems to be popular belief to publishers, a remaster / port compilation of the previous game(s) in a series =/= meeting consumer demand for a new game). And on a lesser note, you're giving the Crash trilogy remasters, but you're skipping out on ND's CTR? What gives? The first Crash embedded in UC4 without Activision's copyright and Robomodo claiming that "rights issues" prohibiting Crash appearing in THPS5 were seemingly telling a different story but they turned out to be complete flukes, which just makes this news all the more disappointing.

Maybe I'll be singing a happier tune when we see what the Crash "remasters" actually are, but count me as unimpressed...and maybe just a tad salty. The rest of the conference was neat though; and I guess for Skylanders fans, Crash in Imaginators will be something nice (that said, so much for the "Crash not fitting into the Skylanders universe" statement made a few years back...).

Ok so after sleeping on it here are my thoughts. Half assed announcement aside this is honestly a smart business move. They're trying to gauge interest the franchise. Yes people have been asking for a new game in the series but let's be real the vocal minority doesn't exactly equal the amount of sales if that logic were true we would of had a new installments of F-Zero, NiGHTS, Jet Set Radio etc. And Skylanders is super popular especially with kids so seeing Crash in the new installment would probably get kids to be interested in the franchise as well. Plus remastered versions of the first 3 game built from the ground up sign me up please. I know many people might believe that the crash remastered might be like the FF7 port but let's be real if it is they would of actually showed it us just saying.

I don't think Sony/Activision would give us all this Crash teasing for a while if it just amounted to nothing ya know? However I am a still a bit baffled as to why Activision or Crash for that matter weren't in the Uncharacted 4 credits it's just the most baffling thing ever.  There is one thing I should mention from my understanding aren't the original crash games like the top selling games on PSN every year? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

Is that what you used for people mentioning R&C remake? What about the posts mentioning the remake as "R&C?" Doesn't that count? Like now, this post won't be in your result. And I mentioned the game.

And did those posts actually exist, or is this just another diversion?

The PC version doesn't have iOS features in it, so PS4's not a "straight up" port of the PC version.

Are you this intellectually dishonest in face to face conversation as well, or is this just an internet thing?

So I'm not freaking ignorant thank you very much.

You've done a damn good job in this thread proving otherwise. In fact:

It's based on the 1998 PC version

Well it's close. FFVII PS4 and Crash trilogy are PS1 games remastered for PS4

I wouldn't be surprised, based on your posts so far, if you had no idea the original PC version even existed until it was brought up a couple of hours ago; since the alternative is that you knew the PC version existed and the PS4 was a descendant of it and you claimed the PS4 version was something it wasn't anyway so you could try and force the comparison to this Crash trilogy where it doesn't necessarily fit.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Ok so after sleeping on it here are my thoughts. Half assed announcement aside this is honestly a smart business move. They're trying to gauge interest the franchise. Yes people have been asking for a new game in the series but let's be real the vocal minority doesn't exactly equal the amount of sales if that logic were true we would of had a new installments of F-Zero, NiGHTS, Jet Set Radio etc. And Skylanders is super popular especially with kids so seeing Crash in the new installment would probably get kids to be interested in the franchise as well. Plus remastered versions of the first 3 game built from the ground up sign me up please. I know many people might believe that the crash remastered might be like the FF7 port but let's be real if it is they would of actually showed it us just saying.

I don't think Sony/Activision would give us all this Crash teasing for a while if it just amounted to nothing ya know? However I am a still a bit baffled as to why Activision or Crash for that matter weren't in the Uncharacted 4 credits it's just the most baffling thing ever.  There is one thing I should mention from my understanding aren't the original crash games like the top selling games on PSN every year? 

I'm betting they'll do something like the Sly Cooper HD collection, make a collection of the original games to test the waters and regain interest, then invest on a new game, probably with the same studio now that they have some knowledge on the franchise. Heck even better because they don't need to just count on the trilogy to bring back interest to Crash, as much as many people hate to admit, Skylanders is a fucking powerhouse, if kids like Crash there, they'll totally buy a game just about him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, girls, please chill, Crash is back, everything is fine now, that's all that matters! More love please!

Isn't it better to wait for Sony or Activision to reveal what they actually meant with "remastered from the ground up" than having this unhealth discussion? C'mon, taking screenshots of search results, cursing... Geez.

BUT OKAY, hear me out. Now that I've stoped crying (tears of joy) I can see clearly, and I've noticed some things here:

27047070844_5217fcd005_h.jpg

Aku-Aku spoted on the middle left. Few design changes, still looks neat, much better than the ass monkey face from Crash of the Titans.

Pay great attention to image above: wumpa fruits trail, pretty much like a Crash game, zoom in and you'll also see a platforming segment with some crates.

The most important bit: this is N. Sanity Island. Cortex's castle is in the background. The totem poles, the trees, the beach, this is Crash's world. My question here is simple: does the guest characters Bowser and DK have their own world in Skylands? I've never played these games, so I wouldn't know.

This is either high attention to details, or it's a screenshot from the remastered version that got mixed up with Skylanders...

• Thumbs Up 9

9 minutes ago, Jango said:

Guys, girls, please chill, Crash is back, everything is fine now, that's all that matters! More love please!

Isn't it better to wait for Sony or Activision to reveal what they actually meant with "remastered from the ground up" than having this unhealth discussion? C'mon, taking screenshots of search results, cursing... Geez.

BUT OKAY, hear me out. Now that I've stoped crying (tears of joy) I can see clearly, and I've noticed some things here:

27047070844_5217fcd005_h.jpg

Aku-Aku spoted on the middle left. Few design changes, still looks neat, much better than the ass monkey face from Crash of the Titans.

Pay great attention to image above: wumpa fruits trail, pretty much like a Crash game, zoom in and you'll also see a platforming segment with some crates.

The most important bit: this is N. Sanity Island. Cortex's castle is in the background. The totem poles, the trees, the beach, this is Crash's world. My question here is simple: does the guest characters Bowser and DK have their own world in Skylands? I've never played these games, so I wouldn't know.

This is either high attention to details, or it's a screenshot from the remastered version that got mixed up with Skylanders...

Holy crap, good eye! Nope, that's totally new, DK and Bowser never got their own stages, BUT, the first level of the game is the home of one of the Skylanders, Jet Vac, so everyone's been guessing we'll have a few levels visiting the hometowns of Skylanders.

51 minutes ago, Tornado said:

And did those posts actually exist, or is this just another diversion?

Yes if you bothered to give a quick Ctrl+F. Look at the first post of this page for one.

Are you this intellectually dishonest in face to face conversation as well, or is this just an internet thing?

Instead of looking like an idiot, tell me how am I being dishonest. The 1998 PC version is not the same as the PS4 version. End of story. Like for example, the Magic defense bug has been fixed between the two. So the PS4/2012 PC version will be easier to play. 

You've done a damn good job in this thread proving otherwise. In fact:

I wouldn't be surprised, based on your posts so far, if you had no idea the original PC version even existed until it was brought up a couple of hours ago; since the alternative is that you knew the PC version existed and the PS4 was a descendant of it and you claimed the PS4 version was something it wasn't anyway so you could try and force the comparison to this where it doesn't fit.

If you want to go in to pure detail then yes. FFVII PS4/2012 PC are based on the XBLA/iOS releases, which are based on 1998 PC version of the game, which is based on the original PS1.

But because the 1998 version is a remastered version itself, the PS4 version is a remaster of the PS1 version by default. That's why I said cut the PC/XBLA/iOS releases inbetween and it's the same thing.

9 hours ago, KHCast said:

So was the point of this "haha Sony can't afford Crash" or...?

More of Activision puts such an exaggerated value on Crash than they nessecarily think he's worth because they see him as a potential bigseller if they milk him right, and would never limit him to a single platform because it'd hinder the sales which would be worth more than what Sony is offering. Nowhere does sony say they are co-developing the remasters in the press releases, and nothings pointing to a Bayonetta 2 situation, more of a Rayman Legends, albiet without even a current promise of short term exclusivity, but rather clever omission. That and there hasn't been any game announced at E3 for NX other than Just Dance, and that's still on wii and is shovelware

Leave it to Sony be vague as fuck and let people grasp at straws. 

Personally, I think they're likely going to be updated ports in the vein SADX than full remakes; remakes cost a lot more money, and they said not just one but three games. I highly doubt they would put so much money into remaking three games from a franchise they didn't have much interest toward in the past.

That said, I'm not really upset and I'll still get the game regardless (they better give them Analog control tho, I swear to god)

• Thumbs Up 1

It's weird how I've been quiet yesterday since Crash was revealed but....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH

Crashdance.gif

CRASH IS BACK! CRASH IS BACK!

I don't know if his inclusion in Skylanders will finally encourage me to get the game but I'm excited to hear the trilogy will be coming to PS4 soon! I honestly thought it was just a mere HD port but a straight up REMAKE? Definitely an instant buy for me.

1 hour ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

Yes if you bothered to give a quick Ctrl+F. Look at the first post of this page for one.

4 hours ago, Hyp3hat said:

That said, I'd be very surprised if they R&C'd it, I don't think that's likely at all.

Yeah, that post is wonderful proof of people here assuming that this port/remake/remaster would be like Ratchet and Clank on the PS4. Glad you set the record straight.

Did you even think before writing that, or were you so concerned with the "gotcha" that you missed the forest for a single tree?\

Instead of looking like an idiot, tell me how am I being dishonest.

I'm perhaps not the most objective person to make this call, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the one looking like an idiot in this conversation.

Anyway, here's what I wrote:

4 hours ago, Tornado said:

It's a very mildly warmed over port of the bugfixed rerelease of the PC version they originally made in 1998

Here's what Hyp3hat wrote:

4 hours ago, Hyp3hat said:

The FFVII PS4 release is just a port of the Steam version, which in turn is an update of the original 1998 PC release, with more cheats.

Here's how you ultimately responded:

3 hours ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

so PS4's not a "straight up" port of the PC version

No, it's not a "straight up" port of the PC version; but you wasted your breath by making that point since no one said it was in the first place.

The 1998 PC version is not the same as the PS4 version. End of story. Like for example, the Magic defense bug has been fixed between the two. So the PS4/2012 PC version will be easier to play. 

I tremble at your ability to copy information from the Final Fantasy Wikia page. Though since all of the people who said it was a port of the PC version specifically mentioned that it was a port of the 2012 PC version, congratulations at again arguing against a point no one expressed.

If you want to go in to pure detail then yes. FFVII PS4/2012 PC are based on the XBLA/iOS releases, which are based on 1998 PC version of the game, which is based on the original PS1.

But because the 1998 version is a remastered version itself, the PS4 version is a remaster of the PS1 version by default. That's why I said cut the PC/XBLA/iOS releases inbetween and it's the same thing.

Nope. You've made at least a dozen posts in this thread trying to "educate" people about why this Crash Trilogy will be a remaster and not a remake, which is pedantic dickery in even the best case since marketing departments for videogame companies can and do use the terms interchangeably. You don't get to play that card at this point, and to be frank your explanation lacks believability.

But ignoring that for a second, you don't consider the fact that Square put out a contemporary PC port when the game was still new that they've worked off of since then for every subsequent release to be anything but "pure detail"? Crash Bandicoot was written partially in assembly, and the rest of it was written in a programming language that was basically created specifically to make Crash Bandicoot. This was, more or less, already pointed out in this thread.

You don't see the difference between that and Square porting the updated x86 version of a game that they had already converted to x86 back in 1998 to yet another x86 platform? You don't see the difference between a game that has already had several versions worth of updates and tweaks already getting ported with a couple more to a new system, to a game that has one version that hasn't been touched since it was first released that would have to be reprogrammed to get to work on the PS4 unless they just emulated it? You're insisting that this trilogy will be just like the FFVII PS4 port because of a bunch of minutiae you think you've sussed out for the game announced yesterday, but you deliberately don't care about the circumstances surrounding the FFVII PS4 port that do not apply to this one even if this one ends up being a minimum effort cash in?

2 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Ok so after sleeping on it here are my thoughts. Half assed announcement aside this is honestly a smart business move. They're trying to gauge interest the franchise. Yes people have been asking for a new game in the series but let's be real the vocal minority doesn't exactly equal the amount of sales if that logic were true we would of had a new installments of F-Zero, NiGHTS, Jet Set Radio etc.

I say citations, and context of said citations, are needed for this argument. I've seen this statement come up as to why certain IPs get remasters / remakes instead of / before new sequels, yet the reality seems to state a different effect in most cases.

The one case I can think of in which it does apply is the God of War Collection, which was released around the same time as GoW III in most territories. The collection itself managed to sell over 2 million, while the subsequent sequel made over 5 million.

On the other hand, the recent Nathan Drake Collection. Released six months prior to Uncharted 4, that game has seemingly not lit the sales charts on fire (for very long). Despite this, UC4 has sold well right out the gate with over 2 million copies.

And those are cases in which studios/publishers actually were making a new sequel and decided to toss out a compilation of the previous games as well. The Sly Collection did not spark much consumer interest for the subsequent Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Granted, that series historically has never been much of a seller (from what I can find, only the first game sold a million copies), but I think it applies (unless Sony was specifically aiming for a very low barometer of success for Thieves in Time).

Then we have cases where a new sequel is released without any prior compilation, and still manages to sell well regardless. DKC Returns sold over 5 million copies, even though that specific IP hadn't received anything in years. A similar scenario can also be said for NSMB on an more significant scale, albeit that was a handheld title whereas the preceding SMB games were on consoles. Listing these two in general might be unfair as they are Nintendo IPs rather than Sony IPs, but IMO the point still stands.

Checking sales of the all-time best selling games for consoles/handhelds, I've seen only a handful of notable remaster compilations of past games charting--and on the rare occasions they do, they are usually released after a new sequel, which greatly outperforms the compilation anyway (both the original and Wii re-release of Super Mario All-Stars apply here).

On a different note, I don't really agree with some implications I've seen that that Crash IP needs to be re-introduced. The last Crash game in general (Nitro Kart 2 on mobile) was released in 2010, the last Crash console game (Mind Over Mutant) was in 2008. Even in the context of the "original" Crash games by Naughty Dog, they have been available on the PS3's PSN for years (2007/2008), so it's not like they have been long lost to time.

Crash definitely has been out of work for quite a while, but I don't think he's become sort of of relic that today's market wouldn't recognize with a new title, without having a prior recollection of the old games first (and in some cases as shown above with Nintendo's titles, even that isn't always necessary). Especially since during the series' prime, Crash could be said to have been the (un)official mascot for PlayStation as a whole.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow this is a great surprise. Okay it's not a new game, but it's Crash, and the 'Golden Age' Crash at that. The fact Vicarious Visions are making it leaves me hopeful. For all people complain their work was basically rehashes of the ND games, they were good rehashes. They really tried their best to make their stuff look authentic, they even got some of the original team to work on Nitro Kart for them. This is actually probably the line of work they may be best at.

Even if it's just a glorified port like the GC/PC Sonic Adventure remakes, I may be keen if there's enough bells and whistles added. I hope they use the opportunity to add some extra modes or functions (Vicarious' N Tranced had a multiplayer mode for example, imagine that in the ND games).

While a full R&C style remake would be amazing, I'd assume HD remasters of the originals with a few tweaks are far more likely. That said, playing three of my favourite games in HD with trophies sounds pretty fucking sweet.

As for Skylanders, meh, I won't be buying it but I'm super stoaked that Crash is getting a new game in so much as inclusion in  skylanders could be considered a new game.

Hopefully combined sales of the two will push Activision toward a full new crash title in the future.

Right now I'm just here imagining Lex Lang doing the classic Cortex's lines and laugh. Oh God, also, who's gonna voice Uka-Uka? I didn't liked his voice in Titans TBH...

Oh, oh, and also! Can we please have the original OST remixed? Pretty much like Sonic Generations remixes :)

4 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I say citations, and context of said citations, are needed for this argument. I've seen this statement come up as to why certain IPs get remasters / remakes instead of / before new sequels, yet the reality seems to state a different effect in most cases...... (And so on)

Whilst remasters don't always need to be 'gauging interest' (rather, I'd say they were exploiting goodwill towards certain franchises and games - The Last of Us, Uncharted, and more didn't need a remaster, but backwards compatibility are 4 letter words to Sony), it's a rather useful function that they can provide for publishers. 

The 3D platformer is essentially dead, and was dying during the last generation -  you said it yourself that Sly sold poorly, but Rayman sputtered to a halt because every other Ubisoft IP sells better (the less said about those rabbids, the better), Crash went mobile, Banjo went kart racing, Spyro and LEGO went Toys2Life.... Outside of Nintendo, only Sonic and LEGO has kept it selling, and the genre is only now getting its indie resurgence.

I mean, you can see how poorly the genre did from the PS2 to now due to the mass indifference to the Ratchet movie - people here are pointing to that as a harbinger of doom for the Sonic movie, but the honest truth is that R&C had nowhere near the impact that Sonic did, and still does. There's just no mass nostalgic groundswell for platformers of that generation. Anecdata time, but I do not recall hearing about Jak or Ratchet at all during that time - the culture changed, and the games struggled to keep up.

So back to the point - publishers are understandably wary of releasing a new 3D platformer, as ShootyBangBang With A Double Jump: Post Modern Warfare is where the bucks are. The only platformers currently around are Toys2Life, as you can pump more money out of that. A remaster of Crash is almost certainly to gauge interest in whether the markets there, and it's less risky than just making a new Crash game. 

9 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Yeah, that post is wonderful proof of people assuming that this port/remake/remaster would be like Ratchet and Clank on the PS4. Glad you set the record straight.

Did you even think before writing that, or were you so concerned with the "gotcha" that you missed the forest for a single tree?
Try another example, please.

Haha, no. Don't start twisting things in your favor. The original argument here is how many posts mentioned anything about the Ratchet remake. So yes, I set the record straight there.

9 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Here's what I wrote:

Here's what Hyp3hat wrote:

Here's how you ultimately responded:

No, it's not a "straight up" port of the PC version; but you wasted your breath by making that point since no one said it was in the first place.

LOL. So if that's the truth, how does that equal I'm dishonest? Do you know what the definition means?

A lot of things has changed between the 2012 and 1998 PC releases, so it's not just a "very mildly warmed over port" as you put it. 

16 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I tremble at your ability to copy information from the Final Fantasy Wikia page.

Woooow. So you are NSA spying on me on what I do. How do you know that I found that information from FF Wikia? (which I haven't visited for months) How do you know that it's because I actually played the games myself? Stop making pathetic assumptions on me please.

41 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Nope. You've made at least a dozen posts in this thread trying to "educate" people about why this Crash Trilogy will be a remaster and not a remake, which is pedantic dickery in even the best case since marketing departments for videogame companies can and do use the terms interchangeably. You don't get to play that card at this point, and to be frank your explanation lacks believability.

Well putting aside the FFVII comparison, here's what we got:

• A 10 second announcement of the remake, with nothing to show. Not even concept art.
  • All three games will be released next year. I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter how good you are, you cannot release THREE remake games "from the ground up" with new Ratchet-like graphics in a year. Unless you want it to be another Sonic '06 rushed job. But say that they have keeping this under wrap for years. Why didn't they show a live demo or ANYTHING.
  • Activision VV are the ones developing the game. But 90% (if not 100) of their team are focusing on the upcoming Skylanders game right now. So that's even LESS time to develop the remake of the THREE games.
  • Uncharted 4 has a Crash demo with new/altered animations which is believe that is the demo of the upcoming remaster.
48 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Crash Bandicoot was written partially in assembly, and the rest of it was written in a programming language that was basically created specifically to make Crash Bandicoot. This was, more or less, already pointed out in this thread.

You don't see the difference between that and Square porting the updated x86 version of a game that they had already converted to x86 back in 1998 to yet another x86 platform? You don't see the difference between a game that has already had several versions worth of updates and tweaks already getting ported with a couple more to a new system, to a game that has one version that hasn't been touched since it was first released that would have to be reprogrammed to get to work on the PS4 unless they just emulated it?

Well I guess that's what they mean from the ground up. It's not gonna be new graphics, but the coding will be done from the ground up.

So have we gotten confirmation as to whether or not the remastered trilogy will be multi-platform? I know the Skylanders version will be, but it'd just be strange if they announced it at Sony's conference and then made it for everything.