Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

Would the new Spiderman game on PS4 give hints at something big for Spyro like Uncharted 4 did for Crash? Spiderman can go play the first Spyro game on a PS1?

The Uncharted 4 reference was not a hint, just a coincidence. The original idea was to have a generic platformer instead, but they went on and rebuild the Boulders level from nothing. Naughty Dog always going an extra mile. 

I think Insomniac doesn't give a crap about Spyro anymore, tho'. It's more plausible to spot a Ratchet and Clank reference/easter egg.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Jango said:

The Uncharted 4 reference was not a hint, just a coincidence. The original idea was to have a generic platformer instead, but they went on and rebuild the Boulders level from nothing. Naughty Dog always going an extra mile. 

I think Insomniac doesn't give a crap about Spyro anymore, tho'. It's more plausible to spot a Ratchet and Clank reference/easter egg.

Dunno, they DID reference Spyro in the R&C movie game.

It certainly wouldn't be in the Spider-Man game, that's for sure. Uncharted is something ND have near total control over, Insomniac would need clearance from Marvel/Disney for their reference. 

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Dunno, they DID reference Spyro in the R&C movie game.

Hum.. I still have to play that game tho'. What is the reference?

When Ratchet is speaking with Al, he sees posters for a bunch of games, most of them being references to Insomniac's works

YkJiv5C.jpg

Fangoid with a stick is a clear reference to a cancelled Insomniac game, Girl with a stick. Speero the Space moose on the other hand, is obvious enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

The problem with trying to give a hypothetical Spyro trilogy remake a linking title is that there's very little to connect all three games. N-Sane is derived from N-Sanity Island, a setting in all three original Crash games (even if you don't see it much in Crash 3). The Spyro trilogy changed locations, supporting cast, macguffins, enemy systems, and more on top of that. There's actually very little present in all three games.

-Gems

-Sparx

-Fairies

-Portals

-Breath powers

I dunno, maybe something like the Jewel Collection instead. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, Spyro 2 had way less of an enchanted feel than either Spyro 1 or Spyro 3 so wouldn't really fit that. Again, thanks to the changes made between all three games. 

They should remaster the The Legend of Spyro games.

The original trilogy is a classic (not as big as Crash) but the Legend games were underrated.

Love me some Cynder and Malefor. 

Don't start. It's like the people wanting Twinsanity before the OG games. Let's first remake the ones that are guarantee to sell. The Legend games are not underrated, they're just average.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh sweet baby Jesus, these are some good news for a sunday!

Man... Crash is really here to stay. Who would've though? A brand new game in 2019, ports to PC and Switch this year (what about Xbox?) and more merch. Hopefully there's more than the ports this year! A racing game please!!!

Impossible, why would they if there are ports coming? It would only make people even more confused about exclusivity... Not to mention, why anyone but VV should be responsible for a new game? They know Crash front and back now, despite a few issues with physics and collision, which shall be adressed in a new game, their heart is in the right place.

>ports for switch and PC

>no xbox one port

Come on man I already know I fucked up when choosing this generation's console, why you gotta fuck me up like this?

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Jango said:

Impossible, why would they if there are ports coming? It would only make people even more confused about exclusivity... Not to mention, why anyone but VV should be responsible for a new game? They know Crash front and back now, despite a few issues with physics and collision, which shall be adressed in a new game, their heart is in the right place.

The rumor came from a  credible source on gaf, I think he leaked the N-sane trilogy also IIRC. Theres also  the  fact Crash hasn't stayed with one developer for years and Activision switches developers on franchises all the time, so its not a guaranteed fact VV is developing the next game.

This makes me nervous... Why Sony of Japan, tho'? Crash is no longer that popular over there, I don't even think the NST performed all that well in Japan.

If Activision intends on bringing the franchise to multiple platforms, it's very unlikely they'd have a Sony studio making the next game. Unless they do intend to port N-Sane trilogy and then the next game will be a Sony exclusive again, which would just be fuckin' weird, tho I suppose not impossible. But I think it's pretty safe to say that if Activision wants a multiplatform future for Crash going forward,  they probably aren't gonna keep their wagon hitched to Sony or any one platform.

All of this of course assuming the info about Switch/PC ports is accurate.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Jango said:

This makes me nervous... Why Sony of Japan, tho'? Crash is no longer that popular over there, I don't even think the NST performed all that well in Japan.

They're developers, not fans. The popularity wouldn't influence on it's development.

• Thumbs Up 3