Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

The best version will always be PC because mods please (also likely to run at 60FPS).

Low poly Crash let's goooo

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing i'm more interested in the PC version is someone modding in the original uncompressed soundtrack that Josh Mancell has been posting recently.
I don't hate the new versions of the track entirely, but some of them feel like a genuine step down, like Boulder Dash or Un-Bearable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

I'd be interested to see some that toy with Coco's playability. Like make her play at least slightly differently (even if it's just physics wise like Luigi compared to Mario) or make a few more levels playable as her.

• Thumbs Up 1

Weird, the trailer made it look more blurry-ish. Maybe it happens only in handled mode?

1 hour ago, Teoskaven said:

Weird, the trailer made it look more blurry-ish. Maybe it happens only in handled mode?

Might've also been at a compressed resolution for the Direct footage. Wouldn't be the first time footage from there is different from the actual outcome .

Sort of reminds me of when the game was first shown off, though not as extreme. That is, I remember thinking the game looked a bit off in the reveal trailer, but then game footage we got in the following days was a lot better.

Here's the Xbox One version pretty much no different from the PS4 version 

11 hours ago, Marcello said:

This is apparently Switch footage: 

Surprisingly small downgrade.

No surprise honestly. If the Switch can run Mario Odysey fine,  it can handle the N- Sane trilogy with minimal drawbacks.

I mean,  NST wasn't even pushing the PS4 to its limits. Of course the Switch version would be on par at the very least. 

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Wonder if the ports will get Slippery Ascent?

I mean, why wouldn't they? 

Don't have a Switch, the Switch can handle DLC right? If so then they'll most likely be added by release I guess. Don't see these things being anything more than a port of the PS4 version.

Not ashamed to say I double dipped. I can't resist having the original Crash games in portable format. Well, in portable format that isn't just emulation.

21 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

I mean, why wouldn't they? 

Don't have a Switch, the Switch can handle DLC right? If so then they'll most likely be added by release I guess. Don't see these things being anything more than a port of the PS4 version.

Yep, Switch has allowed DLC, and season passes, since day 1.

I'd expect Stormy Ascent to be in the ports as DLC, if they don't decide to just put it into the ports as an unlockable. The latter would be preferable to me, personally, since if it's right in the game, it means there's at least a few versions that preserve it in the event of an eventual server shutdown, though knowing Activision, they'll likely make it DLC like in the PS4 release.

I'm actually thinking about double dipping for when the Switch version eventually releases so I can have it on the go. I don't need the Xbox One version personally, but who knows, maybe I'll get it as a present for a friend or family member who doesn't have anything other than an Xbone to play it on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was out shopping today and pre-ordered the Xbone version of Crash Nsane Trilogy. July can't get here soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Have yourselves some delectable Crash Bandicoot Nintendo Switch footage.

Cool interview with Charles Zembillas, the original artist behind Crash and Spyro.

There's a nice tidbit where Charles talks about his experience in working with Vicarious Visions, and how passionate about Crash (as if it wasn't clear at this point) they are.

Crash twitter had this to post for the day!

Keep telling yourself that, Cortex. :U

• Chuckle 1

• 4 weeks later...